Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Racing > Blur
Subscribe    Donate

Old 07-12-2010, 05:37 AM   #1
ttsutaoka

ttsutaoka's Gamercard
The Ultimate Comeback Challenge

So I know there has been some problems and difficulty with this challenge. A couple of us forum-goers just got it today. By boosting of course, in Skirmish Racing. It was actually kind of fun to help each other out and play defensively.

But, one guy had to do it at least 5 times before it counted. So, here are some suggestions if if you have troubles with it:

-Make sure you are in first AFTER you pass the start line (if you start in first at the very beginning, stay there until you pass the start)
-Stay in first for at least 3 or 4 seconds, so the game acknowledges you are in first
-When you get to last, however much you may not want to, stay there again for at least 3 seconds (for the same reason above)
-Use every power up possible (obviously), play offensively and defensively
-It is best to have one or two buddies to help take out some other players, making it easier to get in first

When we did it, at least one of us was in first, ensuring that we could slow down and let the other person win. This may not work on your first try. Just keep at it, and you'll get it.

Plus, a tip: try to get at least 4 people in a lobby, then go into the Community playlist. You can play against AI's and still get the challenge.
100% Retail: Assassin's Creed II Borderlands Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Guitar Hero 5 Halo 3 Halo 3: ODST Halo: CE Anniversary Halo: Reach Just Cause 2 Lego Batman Lego Harry Potter Lego Harry Potter 2 Lego Pirates Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga Portal 2 Prey Saints Row: The Third

100% Arcade: Dash of Destruction Dead Rising: Case Zero Dead Rising: Case West Harm's Way Minecraft
ttsutaoka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 05:29 PM   #2
koopi

koopi's Gamercard
I did it in a public race after 2 or 3 tries. I was only half a second ahead ... close!

koopi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 02:30 PM   #3
VodkaNelly

VodkaNelly's Gamercard
i've done this seven times now it still wont bloody unlock
VodkaNelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 11:15 AM   #4
Kid Vranic

Kid Vranic's Gamercard
I was lucky the other day where I did a skirmish race with only one opponent. But I know the problem cause I have that with the reverse bolt + nitro one
Old 07-18-2010, 03:35 PM   #5
Valfor

I did it in skirmish race with one friend, i spend one lap in first, the second lap in last (2nd), and the last lap i won the race and got the challenge
Old 07-19-2010, 04:47 AM   #6
ttsutaoka

ttsutaoka's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by VodkaNelly View Post
i've done this seven times now it still wont bloody unlock
Yep, this challenge is not fun nor easy. I'm glad it only took me 2 tries to get it.
100% Retail: Assassin's Creed II Borderlands Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Guitar Hero 5 Halo 3 Halo 3: ODST Halo: CE Anniversary Halo: Reach Just Cause 2 Lego Batman Lego Harry Potter Lego Harry Potter 2 Lego Pirates Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga Portal 2 Prey Saints Row: The Third

100% Arcade: Dash of Destruction Dead Rising: Case Zero Dead Rising: Case West Harm's Way Minecraft
Old 07-20-2010, 01:39 PM   #7
Decap590

Send a message via MSN to Decap590

Decap590's Gamercard
I actually was able to get this unlocked yesterday. I did it 1 time but for some reason it didn't unlock the challenge. The second time I did it, a guy passed the finish line before me, but it said I won the race and gave me the challenge.
Decap590 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 03:25 PM   #8
Bawhawhaw

Bawhawhaw's Gamercard
if anyone is thinking of boosting this again.... im game
Retail Complete: Amped 3, Blue Dragon, Bullet Witch, Bully: SE, Call Of Duty 4, Dirt, Fifa RTFWC, Full Auto, Fuzion Frenzy 2, Guitar Hero II, Guitar Hero III, Guitar Hero :Aerosmith, Gun, Hitman Blood Money, Jericho, Just Cause, King Kong, Madden NFL 06, NBA 2k6, Need For Speed Most Wanted, Prey, Spiderman FoF, TMNT, Tony Hawks American Wasteland, Viva Piņata, X-men: The Official Game

XBLA Complete: Bankshot Billiards 2, Golden Axe, Hardwood Backgammon, Marble Blast Ultra, Pac Man CE, UNO
Bawhawhaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 07:33 PM   #9
Underkat

Underkat's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bawhawhaw View Post
if anyone is thinking of boosting this again.... im game
Im up for boosting this also... just 2 others now. Its so annoying though.. Ive been working on the multiplayer sticker requirements all day. I won the team battle thing first time, then hardcore mode and then motormash and I thought I was going to finally finish the comeback challenge and after twice I thought I had it no luck
Underkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 10:15 AM   #10
Underkat

Underkat's Gamercard
Just letting you know I managed to get this requirement this morning. A tip I can offer which helped me get less opponents was when you are at the screen to select a multiplayer game mode press 'X' for Matchmaking Options then for Region Rule select 'Local Region Only'. For me Blur couldn't find any games so it created my own gaming session. From there 1 person joined and I just tried the challenge against the one person rather than trying 4+ each time. Unlocked on my second try. Hope this helps.
Underkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 05:27 PM   #11
Kid Vranic

Kid Vranic's Gamercard
If anyone need me for this and I am online playing Blur just send me a message and I'll help out. (off topic, if we can boost the hardcore racing victory I am in too )
Old 07-25-2010, 07:15 AM   #12
ttsutaoka

ttsutaoka's Gamercard
Good luck to anyone still going for this and any other achievements. I only need 2 achievements (beating the Singleplayer, and beating it on Hardcore) which I won't do, so I won't return to this game for a while.

Old 07-27-2010, 03:42 AM   #13
WOLFZKRIEGER

WOLFZKRIEGER's Gamercard
This challange suxxx ... if anybody want to boost this then hit me up !
WOLFZKRIEGER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 04:15 PM   #14
T0b3

Send a message via ICQ to T0b3 Send a message via AIM to T0b3 Send a message via MSN to T0b3 Send a message via Yahoo to T0b3 Send a message via Skype™ to T0b3

t0b3 zero's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Silver   Road Map - Gold   1,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Anyone boosting this right now? Would love to join..

100% Retail:
44 | 100% Arcade: 92
trueachievements
99999 GS achieved 09/07/2011
T0b3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 04:04 PM   #15
Darth Bumfluff

Darth Bumfluff's Gamercard
Count me in for boosting this one too. The only MP one I need.

However, can anyone confirm if it's possible to do this in a private match?
Darth Bumfluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 03:39 PM   #16
MasterOfDimac

MasterOfDimac's Gamercard
Yea this achievement is grinding my gears! I almost did it once but ending up coming second...grrrr

I'm always up for boosting if someone wants me in, just drop a message on xbl even if I'm offline
MasterOfDimac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 11:16 PM   #17
H3LL_F1R3

h3ll f1r3's Gamercard
Got this today, was pretty lucky. Was in skirmish racing, playing a few games, and it got down to just three people including me. I started in first luckily, so I dropped to the back after a few seconds and spent the rest of the race collecting shields and boosts. Managed to overtake the guy in first on pretty much the mast corner of the last lap. My heart was in my mouth lol. Just got to get a bit lucky I suppose.

H3LL_F1R3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 07:43 PM   #18
tuaya

Quote:
Originally Posted by H3LL_F1R3 View Post
Got this today, was pretty lucky. Was in skirmish racing, playing a few games, and it got down to just three people including me. I started in first luckily, so I dropped to the back after a few seconds and spent the rest of the race collecting shields and boosts. Managed to overtake the guy in first on pretty much the mast corner of the last lap. My heart was in my mouth lol. Just got to get a bit lucky I suppose.
good story.
sadly this had not happened to me yet.
whoever wants to boost it, msg me my gt is el tuaya arg
tuaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 02:50 AM   #19
Gattz04

SoN GoKu 03's Gamercard
Looking to boost this, I'll be on for a couple more hours tonight. GT: Son Goku 03
Old 01-01-2011, 08:04 PM   #20
ian333333

Ian333333's Gamercard
is it

just 1st, last, 1st place again

or is it

EDIT

IT IS 1st last win

Last edited by ian333333; 01-01-2011 at 08:22 PM.
ian333333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 06:00 AM   #21
etsry2k

Send a message via Yahoo to etsry2k

etsry2k's Gamercard
Wanting to know if anyone still needs this and is wanting to boost..

~etsry2k
etsry2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 10:26 PM   #22
mrbonelly

Awards Showcase Word of Mouth   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
I'm getting fucking pissed! Ive done this like 10 times already, no challenge. I dont get it.. I've started last on purpose, get first, wait a few second, then last, waiting a few seconds again then take first and nothing.. When I say few sec I mean like 5to 10 sec.. This has been with 1 player and with 3 players... Help!
Old 03-23-2011, 12:13 AM   #23
mrbonelly

Awards Showcase Word of Mouth   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Donator - Level 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbonelly View Post
I'm getting fucking pissed! Ive done this like 10 times already, no challenge. I dont get it.. I've started last on purpose, get first, wait a few second, then last, waiting a few seconds again then take first and nothing.. When I say few sec I mean like 5to 10 sec.. This has been with 1 player and with 3 players... Help!

Ok, this is how Ultimate comeback works. This was done twice, back to back and it unlocked right away. We did this in Skirmish race(2-10) lobby first with just two players, then second time with 3 players. Worked both times.

Set up your boosting party, make sure the person going for the challenge passes that START line in last place. Gain first place status in first lap, do not lose it until you start lap 2. During lap 2 fall back to last place and stay there until lap 3. Once everyone is on lap 3 go back and gain first place. Finish in 1st place, never losing such status. once race finishes you will see it pop.

I should be keeping this game for some time, so if you need help, then send me a FR and i'll try to help you out when available.
Old 04-26-2011, 11:09 PM   #24
Ingen Kommentar

Ingen Kommentar's Gamercard
Jesus man, This challenge is killing me!! I really need help with this one, it wount ****ing unlock! If any want to boost this send me a FR and we work it out somehow.
Ingen Kommentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 03:03 AM   #25
mrbonelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ingen Kommentar View Post
Jesus man, This challenge is killing me!! I really need help with this one, it wount ****ing unlock! If any want to boost this send me a FR and we work it out somehow.
Did you follow my tip?.. Just pulled it off today when I ended up in a 1v1 lobby ... Be patient, you will end up on sich a lobby soon
Old 04-27-2011, 06:43 PM   #26
Ingen Kommentar

Ingen Kommentar's Gamercard
I tried, but didn't managed to get a room with only 2-3 ppl. So it was hard. There was allways 5-7 in the room. but i will try again today, hopefully i wil get it.
Ingen Kommentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 07:02 PM   #27
mrbonelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ingen Kommentar View Post
I tried, but didn't managed to get a room with only 2-3 ppl. So it was hard. There was allways 5-7 in the room. but i will try again today, hopefully i wil get it.
Keep my tag handy and try to get 2 other players. then we'll go on hardcore lobby and trade it. Remember, everytime you go "legend" you'll lose all your online car stats and challenges, so DO NOT go legend for the avatar tshirt until you're done achievement-wise
Old 04-27-2011, 11:11 PM   #28
Stiminal

Send a message via MSN to Stiminal

stiminal's Gamercard
Sign me up for it. Got only that one and level 50 left (might get the latter out of the way in the next days)
Stiminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 01:45 AM   #29
mrbonelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stiminal View Post
Sign me up for it. Got only that one and level 50 left (might get the latter out of the way in the next days)
What's up Stiminal! Did you find out how to reconfigure your router's NAT settings? If any of you two knows how to, then we can launch a closed NAT lobby in 2-10 player lobby and won't need a fourth player. Heads up, my next available night will be Friday 9pm EST
Old 04-28-2011, 02:18 AM   #30
Stiminal

Send a message via MSN to Stiminal

stiminal's Gamercard
I gave up on it. Meant to ask a mate of mine about it, but forgotten every time he has been here. He'll be here later today though, so gonna try to remember asking him about it then.
Stiminal is offline   Reply With Quote