PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Fighting > Scott Pilgrim vs. the World
Subscribe    Donate

Old 08-27-2010, 05:01 PM   #31
iBeatStuffUp

iBeatStuffUp's Gamercard
I can't get Gourmet to pop, and I've eaten everything. :\ Suggestions anyone?

100% Arcade: 47
Most Recent: NFL Blitz

iBeatStuffUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 05:06 PM   #32
Son of Kyuss
Could I see a hat wobble?

Son of Kyuss's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Subscriber - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by iBeatStuffUp View Post
I can't get Gourmet to pop, and I've eaten everything. :\ Suggestions anyone?
You're probably missing these two food items from the Techno Shack, that for some reason aren't indicated as needed for the achievement in this guide.

Energy Tank - $3.95
Microwave Chicken - $3.95

Son of Kyuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 05:45 PM   #33
ubermensch2007

DaftBeowulf's Gamercard
pretty sweet guide, I'll definitely use this when I finally download the game.
ubermensch2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 06:50 PM   #34
nano scythe

nano scythe's Gamercard
Does anyone know how to get the last move? I have Scott to level 16, maxed out, and beat the game already and I don't have the down and Y move.

And this guide is great, really helped me so far.
nano scythe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 07:04 PM   #35
derO23

derO23's Gamercard
Thanks for the guide, especially the cheat codes. This sure will help.
derO23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 07:07 PM   #36
Kailaz182

Kailaz182's Gamercard
The last move is in secret shop in level 6. It's in the middle between people, where NegaScott pops up
Old 08-27-2010, 09:15 PM   #37
SuperWoody64

SuperWoody64's Gamercard
How does buying food work? Does it just heal you or does it permanently affect your stats?
Old 08-27-2010, 09:21 PM   #38
Mars Renegade

mars renegade's Gamercard
Alright, we now have several people confirming that the method I posted works for spawning Mr. Chau. If you play The Main Stage and defeat Todd 3 times, he should spawn. If you wish to add it to the guide, it'd be incredibly helpful.

WE ARE SEX BOB-OMB!

Mars Renegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 09:33 PM   #39
iBeatStuffUp

iBeatStuffUp's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Kyuss View Post
You're probably missing these two food items from the Techno Shack, that for some reason aren't indicated as needed for the achievement in this guide.

Energy Tank - $3.95
Microwave Chicken - $3.95
Thank you, I'll try that in a bit.

EDIT: It worked, yeah... I should really have read the items instead of just blindly following the guide. Thanks.

100% Arcade: 47
Most Recent: NFL Blitz

Last edited by iBeatStuffUp; 08-27-2010 at 11:40 PM.
iBeatStuffUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 11:56 PM   #40
DrManhattan

MrBojangles esq's Gamercard
This guide is EPIC!

DrManhattan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 11:59 PM   #41
NUTTY CRUSADER

NUTTY CRUSADER's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mars Renegade View Post
Alright, we now have several people confirming that the method I posted works for spawning Mr. Chau. If you play The Main Stage and defeat Todd 3 times, he should spawn. If you wish to add it to the guide, it'd be incredibly helpful.
I just did this again with a different character.
NUTTY CRUSADER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 12:21 AM   #42
MADasaHatter

MADRUCKIS's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
So first and foremost, good job on the guide, Ms. Pink.

Second, I need some explanation. For the "Eat every food item" achievement...

there are items that are "To Go" and it doesn't allow me to purchase another "to go" item. How are these items spent? Are they automatic or do I have to press something. I didn't buy not one item when I beat the game (so that I can do all of them back to back), but now I can't figure out how to get these dumb items and move on.

Edit: Nevermind. Didn't know you had a choice of to go or not.

The gang's all here.

Last edited by MADasaHatter; 08-28-2010 at 12:36 AM.
MADasaHatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 02:48 AM   #43
RadiantViper

radiantviper's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Looking good, another great guide by litepink

Also the amount of Scott Pilgrim gifs in this thread make me happy. So I'm contributing!
RadiantViper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 05:05 AM   #44
Mars Renegade

mars renegade's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by litepink View Post
I can't seem get it to work. To those doing the Todd Boss Battle, are you guys starting at the beginning of the level like you would for the Invulnerable achievement or just fighting the girls then Todd? Also, what difficulty are you on?
Just fighting the girls then Todd, Average Joe difficulty.

WE ARE SEX BOB-OMB!

Mars Renegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 05:16 AM   #45
Toad 4000

samurai yak's Gamercard
Muchos Thankos on the zombie code. I thought it might be psn exclusive mode, but glad to find out its in the game. Now I just hope there is a bat in the stage. (oh how I love smashing zombies with bats)
Toad 4000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 07:40 AM   #46
litepink

litepink's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Platinum   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Submit - Platinum   Referrals - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mars Renegade View Post
Just fighting the girls then Todd, Average Joe difficulty.
Maybe cause I'm playing 2P. I have seen him in co-op though, so that scenario IS possible. I'll have to try a little 1P tomorrow

I should have known you meant just the mini-boss(es) and the Todd Boss, as "The Main Stage" is the name of the mid-level checkpoint :P Thanks for clarifying though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantViper View Post
Looking good, another great guide by litepink

Also the amount of Scott Pilgrim gifs in this thread make me happy. So I'm contributing!
This whole site has been filled with these GIFs, lol! They are all so cool/cute/epic.

Sorry about not *-ing those last two food items. I had them *'d earlier, but did some formatting and they got deleted. Thanks everyone for their feedback/error corrections/addditions.

Achievement Guides by litepink™
Angry Birds WP7 | Arkanoid Live! | Asteroids Deluxe WP7 | Darwinia+ | Doodle Jump | Guitar Hero 5 | Kinect Adventures | Kinect Sports: Season Two | Lego Harry Potter | Lunar Lander WP7 | MLB 2K10 | Otomedius G | Pac-Man CE DX WP7 | Rainbow Islands | Rock Band Metal Track Pack | Scott Pilgrim | Tecmo Bowl | Tiger ‘10 | Tiger ‘11
litepink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 04:22 PM   #47
StayonTarget
Chumps and Chumpettes!

Send a message via Skype™ to StayonTarget

TheStayonTarget's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - troy0891   Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver   Community Gaming - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold   Donator - Level 2   CABS Beta Tester   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Micro Guide - Platinum
Total Awards: 20 (more» ...)
If you complete the game with 2 - 4 players, do you still have to go back another 3 times?

And are the difficulty achievements stackable?

Great guide. If I get the money to buy the game I may.

Thanks to Rajeanero for the sig!
StayonTarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 04:25 PM   #48
N3xus Gam3r

Send a message via Skype™ to N3xus Gam3r

Noxington's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by StayonTarget View Post
If you complete the game with 2 - 4 players, do you still have to go back another 3 times?

Great guide. If I get the money to buy the game I may.
Yup, you have do beat the game with all the characters

Stackable? some of them is only for the selected character :b
kills is stackable i think
Old 08-28-2010, 04:44 PM   #49
T-Hybrid

Torhu Hybrid's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
So I beat up Todd 4-5 times (getting really good at it by the way), and no Mr. Chau. Does he show up randomly on the map or is it the same spot every time? I'm just really concerned that it may have glitched up since the one time I DID try and fight him the game froze.
Old 08-28-2010, 04:48 PM   #50
N3xus Gam3r

Send a message via Skype™ to N3xus Gam3r

Noxington's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Hybrid View Post
So I beat up Todd 4-5 times (getting really good at it by the way), and no Mr. Chau. Does he show up randomly on the map or is it the same spot every time? I'm just really concerned that it may have glitched up since the one time I DID try and fight him the game froze.
Try having a second controller with you, i think he appeared after i beated Todd with another player
Old 08-28-2010, 07:15 PM   #51
Kioku

Send a message via MSN to Kioku

Kioku's Gamercard
Great guide. The other one has a link to the PStrophy sister site to a thread that have pics to the locations to the shops. Am I the only one that noticed that the Blood Code is the same as the Sega Genesis' version of Mortal Kombat.
Old 08-29-2010, 12:30 AM   #52
mcnichoj

mcnichoj's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Xbox One Maximum Clubs Novice   1,000 Posts   Arcade Crazy - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by StayonTarget View Post
There's only one achievement related to difficulty, so not sure how that could be stackable. /:

“You’re acting like a little girl lately. And not in a good way.” - Henry Winkler

People tell me I'm weird and that I'm not conventional
Someone asked me what my dream girl is and I told them with a lot of depth but two dimensional
mcnichoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 01:54 AM   #53
litepink

litepink's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Platinum   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Submit - Platinum   Referrals - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   Gamer Chick!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kioku View Post
Great guide. The other one has a link to the PStrophy sister site to a thread that have pics to the locations to the shops. Am I the only one that noticed that the Blood Code is the same as the Sega Genesis' version of Mortal Kombat.

Coincidentally, I was working on and have NOW ADDED pictures of all the shops
. I noticed those pictures from WikiCheats, wondering if the PST guide copied that or vice-versa, or if they both are from the same author?

Although it is practically the same info, I wanted to make my own pictures to be hosted on this site. Want it to be "our own" with our own watermarks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super_Shot_Sammy View Post
just wondering how to get lives anyone?
Saw that this post got buried a bit, so I sent you a Visitor Message to answer directly. I'll repeat it here though:

[if you pay off Scott's late fees you can then purchase The Mystical Head for a 1-Up. Otherwise you can purchase Tlulco's Feast at Wallace's Mystery Shop.
You can also repeat the Todd Boss Battle for a 1-Up.
hope this helps ]

Angry Birds WP7 | Arkanoid Live! | Asteroids Deluxe WP7 | Darwinia+ | Doodle Jump | Guitar Hero 5 | Kinect Adventures | Kinect Sports: Season Two | Lego Harry Potter | Lunar Lander WP7 | MLB 2K10 | Otomedius G | Pac-Man CE DX WP7 | Rainbow Islands | Rock Band Metal Track Pack | Scott Pilgrim | Tecmo Bowl | Tiger ‘10 | Tiger ‘11

Last edited by litepink; 08-29-2010 at 10:02 AM.
Old 08-29-2010, 02:53 AM   #54
mcnichoj

mcnichoj's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Xbox One Maximum Clubs Novice   1,000 Posts   Arcade Crazy - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by litepink View Post
Coincidentally, I have some pics coming that I did myself. I noticed those pictures from WikiCheats, wondering if the PST guide copied that or vice-versa, or if they both are from the same author?

Although it is practically the same info, I wanted to make my own pictures to be hosted on this site. Want it to be "our own" with our own watermarks.
Yeah, I noticed that too.
As for "original" pics, I'll snap a few in a bit.

“You’re acting like a little girl lately. And not in a good way.” - Henry Winkler

People tell me I'm weird and that I'm not conventional
Someone asked me what my dream girl is and I told them with a lot of depth but two dimensional
mcnichoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 05:09 AM   #55
T-Hybrid

Torhu Hybrid's Gamercard

This Chau thing has me completely baffled right now. I went 3-4 times in a row two or three different times now and no appearance. Has anybody who had the game freeze during his battle actually get him to show up again?

I'd hate to think I've permanently screwed the pooch this playthrough
Old 08-29-2010, 09:53 PM   #56
martTM

MajorDysentry's Gamercard

Obviously, I'm just one person, but I've had absolutely ZERO luck with the 'Beat Todd three times' method of finding Chau - only constant I've got is where he shows up (every time he's appeared, he's been in the Parking Lot of the movie studio), but his actual appearances haven't been tied to me beating Todd. Once, he popped up immediately as I restarted the game with Ramona, having just beaten the game with her on Hard - another time, he appeared when I started the game up with two players just to trade over a bunch of cash. Random ain't the word...

Anyway, my main point though - the Chaudown achievement. I'm not entirely sure you need to unlock Mr Chau for EVERYONE in order to get it. I only got him with Kim and Ramona individually (he simply wouldn't appear for Scott and Stills), called down both Chaus with just Kim and then, when I unlocked NegaScott and used his striker on the first stage, the achievement popped. Might make things easier if people are having trouble getting Chau to appear with all four characters...
martTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 11:58 PM   #57
bs000

bs000's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Silver   Micro Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Gold   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperWoody64 View Post
How does buying food work? Does it just heal you or does it permanently affect your stats?
Both. Food will replenish your HP and GP. Some foods, will permanently increase your stats in addition to healing you.

For finding Chau, I tried to beat Todd 3 times method, but it didn't work. But then I quit to the main menu to enter some cheats since I just finished the game, and when I got back to the world map, Chau had appeared. This probably won't help anyone, but that's when I found Chau. You could probably just keep going back and forth between the main menu and world map until he appears.

Here's a link for all shop locations and what each item you can buy does: http://wikicheats.gametrailers.com/i...XBLA_PSN/Shops

The achievement guide says to buy bionic arms, but buying "Smashing Turnips" from Shock Wave Record seems to be more cost effective. Also, if you can save up $554, you can pay off your late fees at No Account Video and max your stats at the same time.

Last edited by bs000; 08-30-2010 at 12:12 AM.
bs000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 12:38 AM   #58
Forever

Requiem Paradox's Gamercard
Awesome guide, thanks.
Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 01:15 AM   #59
litepink

litepink's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by bs000 View Post
The achievement guide says to buy bionic arms, but buying "Smashing Turnips" from Shock Wave Record seems to be more cost effective. Also, if you can save up $554, you can pay off your late fees at No Account Video and max your stats at the same time.

Doing some math, I figured this:

For strength alone, you are correct. It would cost you roughly $220 to max your strength out to 100, as opposed to $260 the way I suggested. Plus, Smashing Turnips gives you XP and GP to boot. And, if you level up your strength progressively rather than all at once, things get easier and easier, instead of suffering at a low level to save up money for the arms.

For all stat categories, it appears that paying off Scott's Late Fees is the most inexpensive way to do so as you said:

Late-Fees- $504+$50 for 10 "Seven Shaolin Masters"= Max stats, plus a 1UP (for paying off the late fees, right?).

Now the debate would be. What's the fastest way to level up/max stats? I'm leaning towards upping your strength first, allowing you to plow through levels and earn cash quicker, then paying off the late fees and still buying the "Seven Shaolin Masters" ten times. More expensive, yes, but with max strength you would earn money fast, as opposed to suffering at low level/stats. What does everyone else think?

Also, another thing to consider is, this game is very easy on Average Joe difficulty if you max your strength and level out. So you could max your strength than forget about the late fees altogether possibly.

I will edit the guide accordingly.

Last edited by litepink; 08-30-2010 at 04:14 AM.
Old 08-30-2010, 01:20 AM   #60
Jay_Tigran

Jay Tigran's Gamercard
Question: is there a way to get to the radio station? it looks like a gray path that never fills in