PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Fighting > Scott Pilgrim vs. the World
Subscribe    Donate

Old 08-30-2010, 01:46 AM   #61
litepink

litepink's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Platinum   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Submit - Platinum   Referrals - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay_Tigran View Post
Question: is there a way to get to the radio station? it looks like a gray path that never fills in

it's the sound test code (check in my third post)

Achievement Guides by litepink™
Angry Birds WP7 | Arkanoid Live! | Asteroids Deluxe WP7 | Darwinia+ | Doodle Jump | Guitar Hero 5 | Kinect Adventures | Kinect Sports: Season Two | Lego Harry Potter | Lunar Lander WP7 | MLB 2K10 | Otomedius G | Pac-Man CE DX WP7 | Rainbow Islands | Rock Band Metal Track Pack | Scott Pilgrim | Tecmo Bowl | Tiger ‘10 | Tiger ‘11
litepink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 05:20 PM   #62
Tyger7
Moderator and Guide Staff

Send a message via AIM to Tyger7 Send a message via MSN to Tyger7 Send a message via Yahoo to Tyger7 Send a message via Skype™ to Tyger7

tyger7's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Gold   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   5,000 Posts   Submit - Silver   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - Tyger7   The Helping Hand   Referrals - Silver   Road Map - Diamond   Achievement Guide - Diamond   Staff - Collectibles Guide Team   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 17 (more» ...)
This guide is looking really good, awesome job.

I do have some suggestions.

* All of the places to buy stuff, that has a huge list of pictures and prices...make that it's own thread called "____ Guide" (whatever you wanna call it). Now for that achievement, say "Visit this thread HERE for a complete guide on what and where to buy everything". This will really clean up the look of the guide as well as let it load faster for people who have slower connections.

* Now that you have that extra room, let your roadmap by in it's own thread and shift the other stuff down.

Of course you don't have to do these, everyone does things different.
The things people say to get to 5 posts...

Xbox360 games I have
http://darkadia.com/member/tyger7/library

Last edited by Tyger7; 08-30-2010 at 05:25 PM.
Tyger7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 05:33 PM   #63
bs000

bs000's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Silver   Micro Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Gold   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by litepink View Post

Doing some math, I figured this:

For strength alone, you are correct. It would cost you roughly $220 to max your strength out to 100, as opposed to $260 the way I suggested. Plus, Smashing Turnips gives you XP and GP to boot. And, if you level up your strength progressively rather than all at once, things get easier and easier, instead of suffering at a low level to save up money for the arms.

For all stat categories, it appears that paying off Scott's Late Fees is the most inexpensive way to do so as you said:

Late-Fees- $504+$50 for 10 "Seven Shaolin Masters"= Max stats, plus a 1UP (for paying off the late fees, right?).

Now the debate would be. What's the fastest way to level up/max stats? I'm leaning towards upping your strength first, allowing you to plow through levels and earn cash quicker, then paying off the late fees and still buying the "Seven Shaolin Masters" ten times. More expensive, yes, but with max strength you would earn money fast, as opposed to suffering at low level/stats. What does everyone else think?

Also, another thing to consider is, this game is very easy on Average Joe difficulty if you max your strength and level out. So you could max your strength than forget about the late fees altogether possibly.

I will edit the guide accordingly.

For the first playthrough, I think you should play on Average Joe and then spend all the money you earn on STR and get some DEF as well. This should get you through the early stages. Once you get to the Halloween Party level, you can farm for money at the Subspace Highway at the beginning of the stage. Takes 10-20 minutes to earn $500, then you can pay your late fees and max your stats. Rest of the game should be easy after that.

2nd playthrough, transfer all your money from your 1st character to your 2nd one. If you don't have $500 yet, you can farm Halloween lvl some more with your 1st char. Once you transfer, you can max your stats right away on your 2nd char. Then, you can do the entire playthrough on Supreme Master difficulty easily. During the course of this game, you should be able to make more than $500 and transfer that to your third character for your third playthrough, then transfer your 3rds money to your 4th. You can use the money you earn on your 4th playthrough to buy all the food, since you won't be spending money on anything else after that anyway.

Last edited by bs000; 08-30-2010 at 06:27 PM.
bs000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 06:35 PM   #64
litepink

litepink's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Platinum   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Submit - Platinum   Referrals - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   Gamer Chick!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyger7 View Post
This guide is looking really good, awesome job.

I do have some suggestions

Yea, In the past I've made waaaay to many reserves on guides, so I thought I'd just reserve three posts, one for the roadmap, two for the guide. Turns out that's not enough . I have a way of adding a post (or two) of mine in their if I want though.

As for separating the food/shop guide, I'll consider it. Loading issues were a concern for me so that's a reason why I made them small in the first place. There's a part of me that wants to keep the shop guide in there so people don't need multiple tabs, and know that I did it, and it also gives some "girth" to the entire guide, which I like. One of my more detailed arcade guides and I'm pretty proud of it. Another idea is adding in another post and putting the Shop Guide in that post, but above in the guide, I can have a link to that single post (handy for when it is added to the main site).

Thanks for the feedback, it's got lots of ideas swirling around in my head.

Angry Birds WP7 | Arkanoid Live! | Asteroids Deluxe WP7 | Darwinia+ | Doodle Jump | Guitar Hero 5 | Kinect Adventures | Kinect Sports: Season Two | Lego Harry Potter | Lunar Lander WP7 | MLB 2K10 | Otomedius G | Pac-Man CE DX WP7 | Rainbow Islands | Rock Band Metal Track Pack | Scott Pilgrim | Tecmo Bowl | Tiger ‘10 | Tiger ‘11
Old 08-30-2010, 10:17 PM   #65
ShazamFTW

ShazamFTW's Gamercard
I'm really really sorry if this has already been covered, but I need some clarification.

When you claim you can transfer your $ from one character to another, how does one go about that? Do you activate a 2nd controller with no one signed in and do it that way in a store, or is there a more obtuse method?
Old 08-31-2010, 12:52 AM   #66
mcnichoj

mcnichoj's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Arcade Crazy - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShazamFTW View Post
I'm really really sorry if this has already been covered, but I need some clarification.

When you claim you can transfer your $ from one character to another, how does one go about that? Do you activate a 2nd controller with no one signed in and do it that way in a store, or is there a more obtuse method?
I eblieve you're required to sign in with a second account, so just make a throw away offline profile, send money to it and then switch the character on your main profile and send the money back.

“You’re acting like a little girl lately. And not in a good way.” - Henry Winkler

People tell me I'm weird and that I'm not conventional
Someone asked me what my dream girl is and I told them with a lot of depth but two dimensional
mcnichoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 01:39 AM   #67
b1zarr0

b1zarr0's Gamercard
This guide makes the a good portion of the achievements appear achievable (playing the demo made me think the achievements were helluva hard because the game starts out pretty hard IMO). and as such means it shall now be purchased
b1zarr0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 04:34 AM   #68
litepink

litepink's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by b1zarr0 View Post
This guide makes the a good portion of the achievements appear achievable (playing the demo made me think the achievements were helluva hard because the game starts out pretty hard IMO). and as such means it shall now be purchased

Yea, quite honestly, when I first played the game, I thought it was annoyingly hard, my Boss Battle with Todd lasted like 20 mins.!! (well, it seemed that way). But once you get money, and know where to spend it, then it makes everything a whole lot easier. Once you are properly leveled up (I keep saying that :P), the Supreme Master Difficulty is easy, as well as everything else really. I had full Strength stats, but very very very low of everything else and still got One Man Army.

Plus, the Power of Love Sword cheat, which you should enter every time out if habit every time you play.

Old 08-31-2010, 04:35 AM   #69
bluphraust

bluphraust's Gamercard
That still doesn't answer the question of how to actually send the money in-game.
Nevermind, found it.
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/96176...1408/620382712

Last edited by bluphraust; 08-31-2010 at 04:38 AM.
bluphraust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 04:44 AM   #70
litepink

litepink's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluphraust View Post
That still doesn't answer the question of how to actually send the money in-game.
OK. I'll lay it out for you.

Have or make a second account on your 360. Doesn't need to Xbox Live account.

Now, play through the game once (let's say...with Scott). Once you are done doing what you want to do with your leveled up character, start a game with your FIRST CHARACTER (still Scott) and any character with your second profile

Now, make it to the Shopping District, and both enter any store. Scott (still your first character) can lend money to the second account by repeatedly pressing . Now, exit to the map, and it should save.

Start a brand new game with both your second character and with your second account. Get to the shopping district, and lend the money back now
to that second character.

Earning money is A LOT faster with a high level character. I would suggest saving up a few hundred to give to your next character, as it will make things go a lot easier/faster. Repeat with all for of your characters.

Last edited by litepink; 08-31-2010 at 04:53 AM.
Old 08-31-2010, 06:50 PM   #71
b1zarr0

b1zarr0's Gamercard
what the? The Power of Love sword actually breaks!?!? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
b1zarr0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 07:07 PM   #72
KayCeaEffahless

Location: Climbing the insurmountable mental peak...Still got a ways to go (.´ ▽ `.)ノ

Statikc's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by b1zarr0 View Post
what the? The Power of Love sword actually breaks!?!? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Love doesn't last forever......wow that was corny as hell....

Anyway just wanted to say nice job on the guide, honestly I was thinking of doing it myself because I seemed to have a knack for this game(at least in my opinion). But I saw you've already covered all the gist of what everyone will need to know so i figured i'll pass on it(I'm effahless for a reason)
Old 08-31-2010, 08:31 PM   #73
magixman

MagixMan's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze
Wink

Hmm, nice guide. I've created a Mr. Chau video guide on how to find and obtain Mr. Chau as a secondary striker. It's not much of a contribution but I hope this helps out the guide and the "Chaudown"-hunters:
magixman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 11:12 PM   #74
DJzero

DJ zero 1980's Gamercard

Don't know if this has been mentioned already, but it's nice to have the effects of the items from stores listed as well. This thread has almost all of them (doesn't list the Concert T-shirt, not sure if any others are missed).
Old 09-01-2010, 12:56 AM   #75
Kioku

Send a message via MSN to Kioku

Kioku's Gamercard
For the superim Master achievement I just played the last part of each world and got it. you can skip the giant robot fight and just play the part with the twins at the end.
Old 09-01-2010, 03:51 AM   #76
mcnichoj

mcnichoj's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kioku View Post
For the superim Master achievement I just played the last part of each world and got it. you can skip the giant robot fight and just play the part with the twins at the end.
Not that I care, but it seems a little odd how you keep referencing my guide.
Like this method was known for a while and you're just posting it now after I edited my guide saying it was confirmed by me.

Pink doesn't need you to steal info from the "enemy" she full well knowns it's there and she has went to surprising lengths to avoid copying anything from me.
However she is more then welcome to copy any info that she wants as her guide will most definantly get put on the site because it looks by leaps and bounds way better then mine.

With all that said the total time should be brought down, I managed to get the full 200 in seven hours, split in to two sittings.

“You’re acting like a little girl lately. And not in a good way.” - Henry Winkler

Someone asked me what my dream girl is and I told them with a lot of depth but two dimensional
Old 09-01-2010, 04:35 AM   #77
SynysterChris

Send a message via MSN to SynysterChris

SynysterChris's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
I havn't beaten the game with all the characters yet but I was wondering how you get Joseph's Bedroom/Radio Tower section unlocked. It's to the left of the start level 1 on the map. Just wondering if anyone knows how to get there.
SynysterChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 04:58 AM   #78
mcnichoj

mcnichoj's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by SynysterChris View Post
I havn't beaten the game with all the characters yet but I was wondering how you get Joseph's Bedroom/Radio Tower section unlocked. It's to the left of the start level 1 on the map. Just wondering if anyone knows how to get there.
That's the sound test code, you only have to enter it once and it unlocks for everyone.

Old 09-01-2010, 08:33 AM   #79
litepink

litepink's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnichoj View Post
Not that I care, but it seems a little odd how you keep referencing my guide.
Like this method was known for a while and you're just posting it now after I edited my guide saying it was confirmed by me.

Pink doesn't need you to steal info from the "enemy" she full well knowns it's there and she has went to surprising lengths to avoid copying anything from me.
However she is more then welcome to copy any info that she wants as her guide will most defiantly get put on the site because it looks by leaps and bounds way better then mine.

With all that said the total time should be brought down, I managed to get the full 200 in seven hours, split in to two sittings.

Well, it's been hard to not look :P. I guess I should at least peek at the discussion going on, as that may give some insight on the smaller things. Thanks for your contributions and support throughout. Got a msg. over live saying beating all the bosses didn't work, so I tried beating all the bosses+mini bosses and it worked, so I knew that already.

But, based off these replys I take it the robots aren't needed? Perhaps Super Gideon and Gigadeon are required but the Robots (and maybe Envy/Lynette, but you have to face them regardless) are not. The reason why I added the mini-bosses is because they are in Boss Rush...

So what have you x360a community? What's the bare minimum bosses you think we need to face? Clearly I listed too many in my guide.

Last edited by litepink; 09-01-2010 at 08:40 AM.
Old 09-01-2010, 09:00 AM   #80
mcnichoj

mcnichoj's Gamercard

Quote:
So what have you x360a community? What's the bare minimum bosses you think we need to face? Clearly I listed too many in my guide.
You only need to do the bare minimum.
-Shopping District
-Parking Lot
-Main Stage
-Frying Tengu
-Dragons Den
-Eeerie Forest
-Techno Base
Some of those names might be incorrect, but I know for a fact it works. I had no problems getting the achievement beating only those places on SM with my offline profile.
If it doesn't unlock then it's glicthed for that person and they'll have to do all the stages.
It must be done in singleplayer which is something plenty of people keep missing.

Old 09-02-2010, 02:48 AM   #81
RYANiZL3XD

RYANiZL3XD's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super_Shot_Sammy View Post
just wondering how to get lives anyone?
1. pay off the late fees at the video store, then buy the first video on the list for 4.95 for a life
2. go to the secret shop in world 1, the shopping district (refer to the guide for location) and buy the first item
3. defeat the 3rd evil ex for one life
RYANiZL3XD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 02:54 AM   #82
RYANiZL3XD

RYANiZL3XD's Gamercard
not sure if this was mentioned already and sorry for the double post but for the chaudown achievement do you have to defeat Mr. Chau with all characters and use him with every one or can i just unlock him with one character and use him and ms chau or do i have to use them with all characters?
RYANiZL3XD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 03:00 AM   #83
NickDynmo

NickDynmo's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by RYANiZL3XD View Post
not sure if this was mentioned already and sorry for the double post but for the chaudown achievement do you have to defeat Mr. Chau with all characters and use him with every one or can i just unlock him with one character and use him and ms chau or do i have to use them with all characters?
One character will do.
NickDynmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 06:33 AM   #84
Chozo_Lord

Chozo Lord's Gamercard
First of all, fantastic guide litepink. I really appreciate it, it definitely helped! The pictures showing where the shops exact locations were helped me with the Gourmet Achievement.

Also, if anybody is having trouble with the "Chaudown" Achievement, try just going to level 1 with every character and using their striker a few times each. It didn't work at first for me when I unlocked Negascott, but after a few tries with some of the characters, when I went back to try Negascott's striker, I got my Achievement.
Chozo_Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 08:23 PM   #85
HAK Devil

Send a message via MSN to HAK Devil

HAK Devil x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase x360a Representer   Gamerscore League Season 6 Winner   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Great guide first of all. I was just wondering if boss rush mode could be used as a "playthrough" for a character considering only the bosses need to be defeated to complete the game and get supreme master for instance?
100,000 GamerScore achieved on 8/8/2010 at 9:35 PM with 89.13% GamerScore Completion!!
HAK Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 04:52 AM   #86
bluphraust

bluphraust's Gamercard
Quote:
OK. I'll lay it out for you.

Have or make a second account on your 360. Doesn't need to Xbox Live account.

Now, play through the game once (let's say...with Scott). Once you are done doing what you want to do with your leveled up character, start a game with your FIRST CHARACTER (still Scott) and any character with your second profile

Now, make it to the Shopping District, and both enter any store. Scott (still your first character) can lend money to the second account by repeatedly pressing . Now, exit to the map, and it should save.

Start a brand new game with both your second character and with your second account. Get to the shopping district, and lend the money back now
to that second character.

Earning money is A LOT faster with a high level character. I would suggest saving up a few hundred to give to your next character, as it will make things go a lot easier/faster. Repeat with all for of your characters.
Thanks for the detailed response, next time, save yourself more trouble and read my entire post.
Old 09-03-2010, 05:23 AM   #87
litepink

litepink's Gamercard

Quote:
Thanks for the detailed response, next time, save yourself more trouble and read my entire post.

If you noticed though, I quoted you and your edit WAS NOT in my quote. It did not exist yet. I wouldn't quote one half then delete the other half. Obviously, I can read two sentences. Thing is, ONLY ONE WAS THERE when you first posted, then...I quoted you, wrote a detailed response while doing a few other things, and hit reply. Meanwhile...you ninja'd me and edited...

so that's what happened. glad you were able to find out within three minutes, but my response will be there for others who are confused

Last edited by litepink; 09-03-2010 at 06:58 AM.
Old 09-03-2010, 10:43 AM   #88
Tyger7
Moderator and Guide Staff

Send a message via AIM to Tyger7 Send a message via MSN to Tyger7 Send a message via Yahoo to Tyger7 Send a message via Skype™ to Tyger7

tyger7's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Gold   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   5,000 Posts   Submit - Silver   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - Tyger7   The Helping Hand   Referrals - Silver   Road Map - Diamond   Achievement Guide - Diamond   Staff - Collectibles Guide Team   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 17 (more» ...)
Last edited by bluphraust; 08-30-2010 at 09:38 PM.

What could you have possibly edited that for!? Save yourself the trouble and google it first before asking someone who's obviously being nice and taking the time to even respond to you. At least apologize, it's not always a bad thing to admit you're wrong, people will accept it and move on.

EDIT: No edit. I didn't see an edit...did you? What's the quote function and timestamp do?
The things people say to get to 5 posts...

Xbox360 games I have
http://darkadia.com/member/tyger7/library

Last edited by Tyger7; 09-03-2010 at 10:47 AM.
Tyger7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 02:08 PM   #89
DJzero

DJ zero 1980's Gamercard

Quote:
Speaking as someone who has experience moderating on a different forum, I HAVE to ask this.

Why exactly do you think it's correct to be rude to a staff memeber who was answering the question you asked? What exactly do you gain by being a dick about it?
Old 09-03-2010, 03:12 PM   #90
mcnichoj

mcnichoj's Gamercard

Lets not make this topic into a shitstorm guys.

For Vigilante you should switch "stackable" with accumulative.