PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Transformers: War for Cybertron
Subscribe    Donate

Old 07-19-2010, 04:10 PM   #1
R0Y4LEwitCHEESE

R0Y4LEwitCHEESE's Gamercard
What a fantastic game.

I've just finished the game after slowly picking my way through it, and I don't think they could have created a more perfect homage to G1 Transformers.

It's full of tiny little things that go back to the TV show, such as Silverbolt being afraid of heights, Jet/Skyfire and Starscream being colleagues before choosing different factions.

The characteristics of the characters are spot on to the TV show too like Omega Supreme, Soundwave and especially with some of the more obscure characters like Warpath.

The multiplayer is also fantastic, and even though it shamelessly rips off every idea from other games, the fact that it manages to merge them all together and keep things balanced is a testiment to the amount of time and effort that has gone into the game.

The only downside is that it's hardly sold, and so any chance of a sequel is going to be really slim, which is a massive shame.
Old 07-19-2010, 05:01 PM   #2
W. Samuel Jones III

WSJ3's Gamercard
I agree that it is a great game. The single player has a perfect grasp on the G1 1980s cartoon...my only complaint is the MP.

I think that all games should be like Modern Warfare (fun with perks and leveling up but no achievements) if a game is fun then it will be played regardless. And the lag and host issues don't add to my replay value for MP.

Those little gripes aside this game lived up to all my expectations and makes up for those 2 horrible Transformer movie games.

This is how a Transformer game should be...

I picked this off the net visa vis the sales figures for Transformers WFC

1st week sales figures for War For Cybertron. Here's how they summed it up:

As you can see from the data above, the game has been a major success in its first week of release in the United States. It has also preformed admirably in Europe, the Middle East, and Africa. War for Cybertron placed first on each console in the United states and number 1 and 4 in total number of units moved over all consoles.

In addition, here are the worldwide sales figures per console:
  • Xbox 360: 118,640
  • PS3: 76,705
  • Wii: 15,079
  • Nintendo DS: 7,727
The Xbox 360 version has outsold all of the other console versions. Sales are off to a promising start!

I am not sure it this qualifies the game for a sequel but there are threads on the board that speak of some DLC.

Something to look forward too.
Old 07-19-2010, 05:16 PM   #3
v0lum3

v0lum3's Gamercard
This game reminds me why I started playing video games in the first place... FUN. Above all else this game has been fun since the first time I picked it up. The way the MP works is just fun, the single player is fun, the gameplay mechanics add up to fun, etc., I don't think I've ever even been in a bad mood playing this game... sure I've griped once in a while about whirlwind and/or warcry spam, but nothing like the levels of frustration I experience in half an hour or so of playing COD anymore. (anyone else hate noob-tube retards as much as me?) This game is fundamentally just good old fashioned classic FPS fun

If you want to know how I play, check out this thread: Transformers Multiplayer 101
v0lum3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 05:54 PM   #4
evilhomer12345

evilhomer12345's Gamercard
i know, this game is awesome
multiplayer is so much fun
escalation is hard
and campaign is cool
evilhomer12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 06:41 PM   #5
R0Y4LEwitCHEESE

R0Y4LEwitCHEESE's Gamercard
It seems like the launch was messed up in the UK, with many shops not stocking enough copies, and no advertising at all. If this wasn't the case in the US, there may still be hope yet for another.
Old 07-19-2010, 06:58 PM   #6
Fuzz83

Fuzz83's Gamercard
there is a better chance for this to get a sequel then you think. So far, this the surprise of the year (kinda like Batman:AA last year).

Arcade 100%: UNO, Dash of Destruction, Worms

Working on: Gears of War 3
Fuzz83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 07:45 PM   #7
Kinney76

Kinney76's Gamercard
Just to play devil's advocate here...

http://www.metacritic.com/games/plat...anarkhamasylum

http://www.metacritic.com/games/plat...arforcybertron
Old 07-19-2010, 07:46 PM   #8
v0lum3

v0lum3's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinney76 View Post
Just to play Devil's Advocate, check out the user score... Personally I never really care much about what reviewers say, they're mostly bought out and/or way off base anyways... I mean there's a pile of 50's in that ranking... Really? This is a 5 out of 10? LMFAO, I think some reviewers just hate the Transformers lore or something because this is far from a 50 rating game...

If you want to know how I play, check out this thread: Transformers Multiplayer 101

Last edited by v0lum3; 07-19-2010 at 08:02 PM.
v0lum3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 08:18 PM   #9
robmart0906

Blood4rmJC37's Gamercard
campaign really got me hooked into it. multiplayer is a bit disappointing but overall fun. I really hope there is a DLC coming soon
Old 07-19-2010, 08:22 PM   #10
Kinney76

Kinney76's Gamercard
volum3, thanks for the mp guide by the way. Very nice and thorough.
Old 07-19-2010, 08:22 PM   #11
Fuzz83

Fuzz83's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinney76 View Post
Ok, but you cant go by websites because everyone is different take IGN for example. Batman 9.3, transformers 9.0...we could do this all day. All i was saying is that both games came out of no where (most reviewers thought these were going to bomb). Only the real fans prayed it would be great.

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/101/1016701p3.html

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/110/1100843p2.html

Arcade 100%: UNO, Dash of Destruction, Worms

Working on: Gears of War 3
Fuzz83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 06:30 AM   #12
Angelky

Send a message via AIM to Angelky Send a message via MSN to Angelky Send a message via Yahoo to Angelky

Angel Raiken's Gamercard
i agree..even though i was offline for two weeks..=(
so yeah im like a noob compared to people online. but yeah i will admit it i get pissed at how there is no teamwork.
but i keep playing cause its fun. espically knowing i am doing my part for the team.

I also notice that this multiplayer community is active in conquest or the node of power mode..

Okay my only gripe with this game multi..is that for some reason my connection dies in tdm..

anyone else experience that?

back on subject.. i do hope there is more dlc or a sequel. i want to see unicron come to the story and the black optimus..from when he got corrupted.

Angelky is offline   Reply With Quote