Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Dark Void
Subscribe    Donate

Old 07-19-2010, 08:03 PM   #1
Married2Mary

KingConstrictor's Gamercard
fireworks achievements not glitched just poorly written

first of all my brother has dark void in ps3 and he has every trophy for it and i just got this game from a buddy a few days ago. i came on here and looked thru the forums and saw people was saying certain cheevos was glitched. since i did not beat the game or got enuff points i cannot speak on grease monkey but at far as fireworks is concerned i figured it out. i tried the method of the kill the 3 knights on 1-5 and repeat and i did that like 5 times to no avail then my brother told me that i was doing it wrong. ps3 trophy reads ''kill 10 by exploding a piece of dynamite in the air'' it still sound confusing but then my bro told me you dont throw the grenade at them you throw it above their heads so it could explode in mid-air and kill them. i tested it on my game and it worked like a charm. whats also nutz is that it you dont have do it with flying enemies at all lol u can but i killed all ground people when it popped which is easier because its easy to cook off a grenade and throw it above their head when they are on the ground rather than flying enemies who move around a lot. the people who unlocked it probably just got lucky after playing so many boards over and over and killing so much enemies did not realise some of those grenades they thru was actually thrown above their head to kill them. i hope this clears up the whole glitch thing whoever wrote the titles for this achievement on 360 should be ashamed of themselves. i might send a message to the person who wrote the achievement guide to put this strategy under the fireworks achievement if someone other than myself confirms it. whoever do not have it go on any board and try to do this strategy to ten people on the ground or flying and you will hear a familiar sound pop. lemme know

Last edited by Married2Mary; 07-19-2010 at 08:19 PM. Reason: wrong wording
Married2Mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 07:32 PM   #2
MAD MAC

MAD MAC mk1's Gamercard
I can confirm this method works. I just did it on the crash site level, just after you first get grenades. Blow open the door and four watchers will rush out. Cook your grenade so it explodes over their heads and kills them,then kill yourself. Rinse and repeat until you get your achievement .Thanks to the OP for this time saving tip
MAD MAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 11:04 PM   #3
soundlessb00m

soundlessb00m's Gamercard
Man, if this is actually true after hours of spamming grenades, I'll be PISSED.

360: Kill 10 airborn enemies using grenades
PS3: Kill 10 enemies by exploding a piece of dynamite in the air

Who the hell thought it would be a good idea to make them different?! Thanks Married2Mary, this will definitely end the glitched achievement worries
soundlessb00m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 01:20 AM   #4
Neverender

Deadpool x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Silver   Staff Club - Neverender   Over Achiever - Silver   x360a Representer   Road Map - Gold   Bright Idea   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
This worked for me, but it required a LOT more than 10 kills. I think I was somewhere in the 50's by the time it actually popped.

My Staff Club

Neverender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 08:59 AM   #5
Married2Mary

KingConstrictor's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neverender View Post
This worked for me, but it required a LOT more than 10 kills. I think I was somewhere in the 50's by the time it actually popped.
i dont see how it would take around 50 unless you did something wrong. the way i described is the correct method so all that crying about it being glitched is over. mad mac even found a certain way and level to get it. i send tailz a pm to change it on the achievement guide page but im pretty he or she is not worried about dark void anymore but this is the real deal ladies and gentlemen.

Last edited by Married2Mary; 08-15-2010 at 09:03 AM.
Married2Mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 04:38 PM   #6
Neverender

Deadpool x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Silver   Staff Club - Neverender   Over Achiever - Silver   x360a Representer   Road Map - Gold   Bright Idea   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Married2Mary View Post
i dont see how it would take around 50 unless you did something wrong. the way i described is the correct method so all that crying about it being glitched is over. mad mac even found a certain way and level to get it. i send tailz a pm to change it on the achievement guide page but im pretty he or she is not worried about dark void anymore but this is the real deal ladies and gentlemen.
I played through the first level 3-4 times, killed everyone I could in the level with grenades exploding in the air.

After that, while I wrapped up on 2-4, during all of the points where I had to fight on the ground I used this method and it popped about halfway through my farming. I'm absolutely sure it took more than 20, but 50 may have been an exaggeration.

Also, a few of the grenades exploded about chest-level with the enemies, so that may have been an issue. I don't know if they were supposed to explode over their heads, but that could very well have been the problem.

My Staff Club

Last edited by Neverender; 08-15-2010 at 04:43 PM.
Neverender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 10:12 PM   #7
Kill Jim 16

I can confirm that the OP is right, I never threw grenades at enemies in the air, I only ever killed grounded enemies with grenades.

I did have a friend with a station 3 and he told me the proper way how this achievement was done, to throw grenades so they just explode above the heads of ground based enemies.
Kill Jim 16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 05:33 PM   #8
Ahlzen

Works like a charm, thank you Married2Mary!
Ahlzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 06:10 PM   #9
KrAzY LuSo88

KrAzY LuSo88's Gamercard
it works perfectly.....i did it the first time i got the grenades, blow up the door, then three guys will get out.....cook the grenade, then be sure the grenade didn't touch the ground and killed the baddies......then die by falling of the cliff.....rinse and repeat...
ON 18/05/2010 AT 10:34 PM
WITH SKATE 3
KrAzY LuSo88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 09:51 AM   #10
Edable Giraffe

Edible Giraffe's Gamercard
Thanks, this way worked perfectly for me, after spending the majority of the game wasting time with the other method.

Edable Giraffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 09:51 AM   #11
DA9lin

DA9lin's Gamercard
Bleep Bloop

Just unlocked for me using this method however I had to rinse and repeat at least 4 times at crash site when you first locate grenades!
so a heads up to people it may not unlock straight away if you count to 10.
DA9lin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 07:26 PM   #12
ShAnE U69K

GBH Boba Fett's Gamercard
agreed this was most helpful
Old 09-26-2010, 02:43 PM   #13
lzAvol

lzAvol's Gamercard
Yes, this IS the way. I tested it, and it unlocked in exactly 10 kills in Crash Site (where you first pick up the grenades).

Killed 2 with a grenade, the other 2 with guns, died (off the cliff), reloaded, killed 4 with grenades, died, reloaded, killed 4 with grenades, and it unlocked.

Btw it also makes more sense, 'cause the achievement is named "Fireworks"....
lzAvol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 02:34 AM   #14
Ruble

Chris Ruble's Gamercard
This method worked for me. Cooked the grenades so they went off just above some watcher's heads in the first level where you get grenades. I think I was lucky and I got it after I killed 10 that way, on my first try.

Ruble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 01:17 PM   #15
Pine Reaper

Pine Reaper's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Inebriated Jedi   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 2   Staff Club - DEG23   Staff Club - Never Final   Staff Club - Rajeanero   Staff Club - Shinobi273   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Over Achiever - Gold   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 10 (more» ...)
Thanks for the info, worked after about 20 kills give or take. Now just grease monkey to worry about
Pine Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 10:39 PM   #16
Badson42

Badson42's Gamercard
Just thought I would verify this also. I just happened to be where you first get grenades when I read this. I tried this method and the achievement popped at 10. Thank you for saving me hours of work trying to get this achievement!
Badson42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 03:12 AM   #17
DarkReign2021
Banned User

DarkReign2021's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I'm not having any luck with this method. I'm at the scene where you first get grenades on Crashsite and I've made sure that the grenade is cooked and detonates in midair and even directly above the enemy's heads. Not including the ones that were beneath head-level, I have killed about 63 enemies so far and I've had no luck in getting this. Does anybody else have a trigger of some sort? Something they did immediately after they tried this that caused it to pop?
DarkReign2021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 01:33 AM   #18
tincann

TinCannEd's Gamercard
Excellent Job Married. This should be Stickied. Thanx.
tincann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 11:59 AM   #19
Martits

MARTITS's Gamercard
I've been trying for a while with this method and have got at least 50 kills but no achievement. I have also tried throughout the game killing airborn enemies. Maybe both methods work but are still glitched for some people.
Martits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 04:16 AM   #20
Ravenhood

Revid Cargian's Gamercard
What Martits said, I still haven't gotten the achievement, and I've killed a good 30 or 40 by now at the Crash Site. I've gotten most of those kills from behind cover... maybe if I'm not in cover, and try it that way, it'll pop.

Edit: About 16 so far from out in the open, still nothing... I'll keep trying, I guess. v.v

Edit 2: Yeah, nothing at all. Just got around another 30 kills, and still no achievement. Any ideas?

Edit 3: After about 25 minutes of trying this, I FINALLY got it. Killed 3 of the 4 with a mid-air explosion, and it popped. No idea how many of them I'd killed, but it was at least 100.

Retail: 37

Arcade: 66

Currently 21st for Most Completed Arcade Games
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1st to complete 3 Retail, 5 XBLA, 1 DLC - 2nd to complete 2 Retail, 2 XBLA, 4 DLC
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by Ravenhood; 12-19-2010 at 04:31 AM.
Ravenhood is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 04:52 AM   #21
Predator Pete

Worked beautifully, thank you.
Predator Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 12:25 PM   #22
I M1K3Y B I

I M1K3Y B I's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
This is 100% correct, i just started this game today and got the achievement. I just did the grenade bit on crash site 3 times and it popped.

Thanks

| Games 100% Completed (Including All DLC): 358 |
| Retail: 199 | Arcade: 159 |

| Road To Seriously 3.0 |
| Level: 400 | Onyx Medals: 45/65 |
| Most Recent Medal : Leader |

| Completion Percentage: 90% |
| Most Recent Retail Completion: Robotics;Notes |
| Most Recent Arcade Completion: Bomberman LIVE |

I M1K3Y B I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 03:34 AM   #23
Park Diesel

park diesel's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
I posted this in the other Fireworks thread, thought it may help someone here too.

Vertical Cover!

Nothing easier than just dropping a grenade on an enemy below you. I finished the original game long ago and had tried many methods being unlocking it in this manner.

If you can unlock it by just throwing a grenade above an enemies' head on the ground, "great, well done" continue on. If you cannot unlock it that way, try dropping grenades while in vertical cover.

Park Diesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 02:06 AM   #24
JohnnyBravo

dracul rosu's Gamercard
think i killed like 200 of those fuckers at the crash site and still didnt get the achievement
instead i got the one for 100 headshots rofl )

Last edited by JohnnyBravo; 08-06-2011 at 02:08 AM.
JohnnyBravo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 11:24 AM   #25
Chuppernicus

chuppernicus's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
This method worked for me.
I just played through the game as I looked for missed journals and used grenades when they bunched up, sometimes on lone enemies too. I didn't keep working the same enemies or reload any checkpoints. It seemed like it took more than 10 but not an absurd amount more. I never really kept count; just took the opportunities when they came and cooked the grenades before letting them go above their heads.

-Insert something creative here-
( that doesn't include stats that no one really cares about or some poorly photoshop'd image with your name stuck in it. )

Chuppernicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 04:02 PM   #26
douch-bag

inFAMOUS VECS's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
This method worked for me as well. Loaded up episode 1 ch 2 got to the part were you had to destroy the wall. I guess I had had some kills already because i just needed to do this twice an cheevo unlocked. Thanks to poster and all feedbackers for there help

edit

I also wanted to add that killing the flying guys for me did not help in getting this cheevo Im certain i had over 40-60 kills on them and they were all in they air when I killed them

Last edited by douch-bag; 01-25-2012 at 04:08 PM.
douch-bag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 01:38 PM   #27
S3M

S3M James's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by soundlessb00m View Post
Man, if this is actually true after hours of spamming grenades, I'll be PISSED.

360: Kill 10 airborn enemies using grenades
PS3: Kill 10 enemies by exploding a piece of dynamite in the air

Who the hell thought it would be a good idea to make them different?! Thanks Married2Mary, this will definitely end the glitched achievement worries
Right people just to explain this achievement a little bit better as no one seems to have figure it out.

If you do a firework kill correctly you get a special death animation where the enemy's head pops off and explodes like a firework with their headless body falling to the ground. You need to see this death animation 10 times for the achievement to pop. It only works on the basis type watchers units and their colour variates and no others.

You need to make sure that the grenade blows up mid air near their head to make this happen, if the grenade is too close however it will just kill the enemy out right, I got it down to being able to do it with 1/3 enemies, timing is a bit of a pain for this.

In short you need to hold the grenade and throw it just before it blows so it will blow in mid air. Once I figured this out the achievement was easy to get but it does take some practice and a few extra kills.

Remember if their head doesn't shoot off like a firework, that enemy will not count towards the achievement.

[Edit] Would be great if someone could make a video of the needed death animation sadly I can't capture video to show you.

Last edited by S3M; 02-12-2012 at 02:25 PM.
S3M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 10:37 AM   #28
the bears beard

If only I had read this before trying for the achievement. HAve been trying unsuccessfully for ages. The worst is misjudging the cooking times and blowing my arm off!!
the bears beard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 10:17 AM   #29
KravElliott

PeculiarBuckle5's Gamercard
I was struggling with this one, having repeated the kills when you first get the dynamite. I must have killed at least 20...

I restarted a campaign, and played through until I got to the same section where you first get the grenades. I then started killing everything with airbourne grenades and got this after 5 further kills. None of my grenade kills were on airbourne enemy.
KravElliott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 03:14 AM   #30
Infernal

A 2rue boofer's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Silver
Good post man, this is sure going to help.
Infernal is offline   Reply With Quote