PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions
Subscribe    Donate

Old 07-22-2010, 06:04 PM   #1
daishichi

Daishichi's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Villains & "Mystic Taskmaster"?

So the fourth dimension is Ultimate, and alongside that announcement was a quick shot in the final trailer of Vulture in the Noir universe. With Juggernaut for Amazing announced earlier this week, that means we have almost all the villains known:

Amazing:
  • Kraven the Hunter
  • Juggernaut
  • ???
Noir:
  • Hammerhead
  • Vulture
  • Green Goblin
2099:
  • Hobgoblin
  • Scorpion
  • ???
Ultimate:
  • Carnage
  • Deadpool
  • ???

Now we've been told there are 13 levels, so that sounds like after facing three villains in each and getting the Tablet of Order and Chaos back together, you will have to fight one final boss, perhaps in the shared dimension seen here:

Who will that be? Well I'm guessing it will be the person who has been guiding you along the whole time, who one article called "Spidey's mystic taskmaster":
"On a side note to comic fans, Spidey's mystic taskmaster is an inspired choice and isn't anyone who has been a Sorcerer Supreme."
Clearly this person will turn out to have been using Spidey(s) the whole time in order to reassemble the Tablet for his own purposes.

Hmm. I've got two guesses:

Mephisto: Almost obvious. Basically Marvel's version of Satan.

Doctor Doom: Many overlook the cosmic and mystical elements of his background. As I recall, his mother was a witch, trapped in some kind of spiritual prison (by Mephisto, actually), so perhaps he wants to use the Tablet to free her.

Would you agree that your guide will also be the final boss?

Who do you think he/they will be?

Who are the three missing villains?
Old 07-23-2010, 12:58 AM   #2
Bantha Rawk

Bantha Rawk's Gamercard
The Villains look great so far... Excited to see Noir Vulture!

And I agree with your idea on the last level. Mephisto would be a good choice, especially with his recent run in with him in "Brand New Day"...

I think it would be cool to be able to switch back and forth between Spidey's in the final level too...
Bantha Rawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 01:31 AM   #3
daishichi

Daishichi's Gamercard

Hmm, if you watched IGN's video preview...

http://xbox360.ign.com/dor/objects/6...dp_072110.html

...there are things that look like green eggs in a 2099 scene, at about the 1:33 mark. We've seen that before: Lizard eggs. Or can they be doing something similar with Scorpion? The two seem almost too alike to put in the same dimension.
Old 07-24-2010, 07:54 PM   #4
daishichi

Daishichi's Gamercard

Well that didn't take long.

Seems that at the SM:SD's own panel at Comic-Con, the start of the game was shown, revealing the "mystic taskmaster". Another villain is mentioned, but whether he's just a cameo or possibly the final boss remains to be seen.

There is also a mention of a cameo that made me smile.

I'll hide it in a spoiler for those who want to remain surprised:

Spoiler! (click here to reveal)

If you read the spoiler: um, "red and white"? Typo, I'm guessing.

The game's wiki page now states all of this, and lists the villain cameo as one of the three bosses for the Amazing dimension, which makes sense, I guess.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spider-...red_Dimensions

That leaves one missing villain each in Ultimate and 2099.

Someone mentioned that two new villains were promised, but I think we've already seen them: Hammerhead and Hobgoblin have never appeared in the universes the game places them in, so these are original creations by the design team.So that means, for instance, that if Doc Ock or Lizard were to appear it will be in Ultimate, where they have appeared before, and not 2099 where they have not.

I say Venom for 2099. From such a short lived series, there aren't many left to choose from, and putting a symbiote Spidey against Carnage AND Venom in the Ultimate universe would just be way too much symbiote for one dimension.

Unless...the "new" villains are really NEW. As in, not just versions that hadn't appeared in the given dimension, but have never been written before in any version. Hmm...there are only two left to reveal...?

Last edited by daishichi; 07-24-2010 at 09:06 PM.
daishichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 04:06 AM   #5
Catso10

Send a message via AIM to Catso10

Catso11's Gamercard
You what villain would be cool to see again?

Shocker.

I haven't seen him in action since a mini mission in the first Spiderman game that was the movie game also.
Catso10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 05:06 AM   #6
Jryvn

Jryvn's Gamercard
I would like Venture, a villain that actually appeared in Spider-Man 2099. Think of a cybernetic Michael Ironside with a cowboy hat.
Jryvn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 09:14 PM   #7
daishichi

Daishichi's Gamercard

So I just checked the game's Wiki page, and it seems the last few villains have been revealed...

...by xbox360achievements.org!

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/g.../achievements/

Somehow someone got a hold of the Secret achievements, and they reveal that we will face:
  • Sandman in the Amazing Universe
  • Electro in the Ultimate Universe
  • Doctor Octopus in the 2099 Universe
It looks like Mysterio, who sets the story in motion, remains the final (13th) boss.

As I said above, I thought we had seen the two "newly created" villains (Hammerhead Noir and Hobgoblin 2099), but the distinctly female Dock Ock on that achievement thumbnail is nobody we've seen before...there was a Lady Octopus once, but she was in the Amazing universe. I wasn't sure I could trust this new info, but if it's somebody's hoax, that pic is a nice touch.

Last edited by daishichi; 08-01-2010 at 09:23 PM.
daishichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 04:48 PM   #8
13ip0lar

Zweipolig's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catso10 View Post
You what villain would be cool to see again?

Shocker.

I haven't seen him in action since a mini mission in the first Spiderman game that was the movie game also.
I haven't seen him since the animated series that aired around 1995 on Fox. I was living in Houston, Texas at the time and that show rocked. Good old saturday morning cartoons that no longer exist. Well atleast to my knowledge and the crap I do see in the morning sucks. Anyone remember Samurai Pizza Cats? I had the full series on my HD till I had to reformat and the site that had them removed them all. Good ol' days...
13ip0lar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 03:58 AM   #9
PocketRockets

Send a message via MSN to PocketRockets

PocketRocketsz's Gamercard
So... probably no venom for this game, huh?

At least Carnage, my favorite spiderman villain will appear...

Quote:
It looks like Mysterio, who sets the story in motion, remains the final (13th) boss.
You must be right... but i dont like the idea of mysterio as final boss.
On the other hand, probably he's overpowered by the tablet or something so maybe it turns into a good fight.
Old 08-08-2010, 08:39 AM   #10
shadaik

shadaik's Gamercard
Oh dear - a gathering of heroes fighting Mysterio in the end. It's like Friend or Foe all over again.

Just kidding. I hope.
1 vs 100, Cloning Clyde, Dash of Destruction, Wallace & Gromit #1 (200); The Maw (250); Bolt, Bully, Enchanted Arms, Golden Compass, King Kong, Lego Batman, Lego Indiana Jones, Lego Star Wars: TCS, Spidey FoF, Spidey WoS (1000); Oblivion (1250)
shadaik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 02:33 AM   #11
Hydrocannon

hydrocannon's Gamercard
To the comment above, I was thinking the exact same thing. But from the icon he looked pumped probably by the tablet like u guys have been saying. And for certain bosses they r just mixing universes lije the doc female being in 2099- this is a game about a broken universe.

100%: Check the profile,anyone, if you wanna know
Hydrocannon is offline   Reply With Quote