Legendary 33 53.23%
Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-23-2010, 01:02 PM   #1
Gorjira

Gorjira's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
YOU help me decide!

My love for the Halo universe has returned. I've read "Halo: The Fall of Reach". I've played Halo:CE. I'm reading "Halo: First Strike". And I plan on playing both Halo 2 and 3 before Reach. But I'm at a loss for what edition to get!

I was originally done with Limited Edidions for a while. But my love for the universe has made me think otherwise... I want the Legendary one. But is it really worth it? One Hundred Pounds just for a figure that will gather dust? But this is a one off chance to get my paws on such a thing?

What about the Limited one? For a smaller price I can still get a piece of the Legendary Edition.

And of course, there is the standard copy. Normal retail price. Allowing me to obtain more games this year.

They all have their pros and cons!

I have a job, so this money won't be borrowed from my parents. I earn roughly 600 a month, so I can easy buy this. I'll be short for the month if I do, but I need YOU guys to help convince me.

The people who have got this Legendary pre-ordered. Tell me why, and if you think it's worth the money. For those who don't have it pre-ordered, tell me why. I will read every post and will decide by the end of the week.

My Halo Reach experience is now in your hands guys - what should I purchace?
Old 07-23-2010, 01:10 PM   #2
Darthox

I'll probably get the Standard Edition, but I'm a cheapskate without a job.

But considering I'll be coming to yours to play it with you, I suggest you get the Legendary Edition.
Darthox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 02:06 PM   #3
k2345

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
If you want legendary hurry up all the shops in my hometown have stopped taking pre-orders, they only have LTD editions left now (glad i got mine done as soon as it was announced )

Inheritor Rank Achieved 14/01/12

k2345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 03:12 PM   #4
MrIacob

o Marius o's Gamercard
Standard. In the end only the actual game counts.
MrIacob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 06:12 PM   #5
Battosai343

Battosai343's Gamercard
It's the last Halo game from Bungie...Legendary FTW!

Working on
Bulletstorm
Battosai343 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 06:18 PM   #6
dylan_snyder09

Send a message via MSN to dylan_snyder09

oX SnYdErMaN Xo's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
i was/am in the same boat. i mean the legendary doesn't add anything gameplay wise, but i figure "what the hell, when i'm older it'll still look good." I like having nostalgic items on my shelves, like my original power rangers mega zord and dragonzord, my old dragonball z figures, and my old transformers. I neglected them when i had them, but i'm glad i never got rid of them because of how awesome it is to have those mementos. So i say legendary because in 10-15 years, you'll be like "yeah, that was epic." I'm preordering my copy today

dylan_snyder09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 08:20 PM   #7
SuperSkyline89

SuperSkyline89's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Legendary of course. Or AT LEAST the Limited. You've read the books, you can't miss out on Halsey's journal.

As for why I bought the Legendary. I collect AUTOart model cars, they cost an average of $150 but can go way higher; I have a Veyron and a Diablo GTR that cost $200 and just ordered a $250 McLaren F1.

I also own every Halo book there is, all the games (limited editions of 2, 3, and ODST), and a Halo skin on my 360.

I don't mind spending money on quality things and I absolutely LOVE Halo, I couldn't pass up the journal in the Limited Edition or the statue. They both play to my interests.
I'm boycotting EA because they butchered the Need for Speed series and refused Turn 10 the Porsche license. Kinect earned the second spot on this list with an achievement in Forza 4 and exclusive features in non-Kinect-Exclusive games like Halo Anniversary.

Forza 4 Flickr Page
SuperSkyline89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 12:26 PM   #8
Gorjira

Gorjira's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by dylan_snyder09 View Post
i was/am in the same boat. i mean the legendary doesn't add anything gameplay wise, but i figure "what the hell, when i'm older it'll still look good." I like having nostalgic items on my shelves, like my original power rangers mega zord and dragonzord, my old dragonball z figures, and my old transformers. I neglected them when i had them, but i'm glad i never got rid of them because of how awesome it is to have those mementos. So i say legendary because in 10-15 years, you'll be like "yeah, that was epic." I'm preordering my copy today
I'm the same. I got the Black Edition of Assassin's Creed II and have only removed the Ezio figure once! It's still in the awesome case it came in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSkyline89 View Post
Legendary of course. Or AT LEAST the Limited. You've read the books, you can't miss out on Halsey's journal.

As for why I bought the Legendary. I collect AUTOart model cars, they cost an average of $150 but can go way higher; I have a Veyron and a Diablo GTR that cost $200 and just ordered a $250 McLaren F1.

I also own every Halo book there is, all the games (limited editions of 2, 3, and ODST), and a Halo skin on my 360.

I don't mind spending money on quality things and I absolutely LOVE Halo, I couldn't pass up the journal in the Limited Edition or the statue. They both play to my interests.
True. This is a one off. I doubt you'll see these in the shops after release.

I'm swaying more towards the Legendary now...
Old 07-25-2010, 10:53 AM   #9
Flex Gabz Flex

Flex Gabz Flex's Gamercard
Well I'm buying the halo reach console so I only get standard with it. But I'll buy the book from limited on EBay when it comes out

YOU GOTTA BURN IT, TO EARN IT!
Flex Gabz Flex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 05:39 PM   #10
Gorjira

Gorjira's Gamercard

Delivery estimate: 15 Sep 2010 1"Halo: Reach Legendary Edition (Xbox 360)"
Video Game; 94.99

I just went for it. You all knew I would I'm sure. You only live once, might aswell waste your money while you've got money to waste! :P (I wouldn't call this wasting it, but I know others who will think it has been wasted).

I don't like how it's estimated for the 15th though! That's a day after release right? I've never pre-ordered a game from Amazon before, so I don't know how good they are. Do games show up on the release date or is it usually afterwards?
Old 07-25-2010, 05:56 PM   #11
Atroxx70

atroxx70's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
I'm getting Legendary because when I get my man-cave it's going to be decorated in gaming art like posters and sculptures and other stuff like this. Even though it's probably going to sit in the box for a couple more years, that Noble Team statue is just to gorgeous to pass up. Especially considering they're intentionally keeping the production numbers down on this one. I don't think it's going to be worth more in the future, but I do think it'll be pretty tough to find a few years from now.

http://www.youtube.com/Atroxx70 <~~OMG it's another youtube channel!!!
http://twitter.com/atroxx70

Quote:
WARNING: Use of the UMP may cause you to believe you possess more skill than you actually have!

Atroxx70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 06:37 PM   #12
Gotham

KirkLandow's Gamercard
If you have to even think for a second what edition you want to get then you're not a Halo fan. I already preorder and paid off $100 for my Legendary before it was even announced.
Gotham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 06:56 PM   #13
ZanKioH

If you don't get Legendary, you'll regret it for the rest of your life (Y)

It's like not going prom...

BTW, I pre-ordered from GAME, but Shopto.net have it for 90.
ZanKioH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 07:36 PM   #14
Gorjira

Gorjira's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotham View Post
If you have to even think for a second what edition you want to get then you're not a Halo fan. I already preorder and paid off $100 for my Legendary before it was even announced.
Sorry but considering the options of each edition doesn't make me a Halo fan? Just because I wasn't one of the few to pre-order it months ago doesn't make me any less of a fan than you bud.

Also, anyone fancy answering my question about Amazon?
Old 07-25-2010, 07:42 PM   #15
Gotham

KirkLandow's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorjira View Post
Sorry but considering the options of each edition doesn't make me a Halo fan? Just because I wasn't one of the few to pre-order it months ago doesn't make me any less of a fan than you bud.
Yeah it does.

You'll be lucky if you can still find a Legendary Edition, I reckon. I know it's sold out is Australia.
Old 07-25-2010, 07:58 PM   #16
Atroxx70

atroxx70's Gamercard

Quote:
Yeah it does.

You'll be lucky if you can still find a Legendary Edition, I reckon. I know it's sold out is Australia.
Wow dude, are you seriously pulling the "I'm a bigger fan than you" card? Really? Some people just don't have the money, or the need. Let me ask you this, is that big fancy statue going to do anything to help you in the game at all? Didn't think so. Sheesh, what kind of a world is it where someone can get flamed for being responsible for their money?

Quote:
WARNING: Use of the UMP may cause you to believe you possess more skill than you actually have!

Old 07-25-2010, 08:06 PM   #17
VeNGeD

Captn Cabinet's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1   Word of Mouth   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorjira View Post
Delivery estimate: 15 Sep 2010 1"Halo: Reach Legendary Edition (Xbox 360)"
Video Game; 94.99

I don't like how it's estimated for the 15th though! That's a day after release right? I've never pre-ordered a game from Amazon before, so I don't know how good they are. Do games show up on the release date or is it usually afterwards?
It is indeed a day after, I ordered mine and have pre ordered all previous games from GAME and they usually have it to me on release date. Hopefully they do with this, as I am waiting for the Reach console and the Legendary edition. Took the week off work and everything.

You should have it on the 14th though, I think it means it would be 15th at the latest perhaps.
Old 07-25-2010, 08:32 PM   #18
Gotham

KirkLandow's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atroxx70 View Post
Wow dude, are you seriously pulling the "I'm a bigger fan than you" card? Really? Some people just don't have the money, or the need. Let me ask you this, is that big fancy statue going to do anything to help you in the game at all? Didn't think so. Sheesh, what kind of a world is it where someone can get flamed for being responsible for their money?
What? lol.

I'm flaming you for how stupid you're sounding. You were saying something like "so it's not responsible for me to decide which edition to get" yet the title of this thread is "YOU help me decide". The information is out there on the internet, you make a decision based on what you think.

"Let me ask you this, is that big fancy statue going to do anything to help you in the game at all? Didn't think so."

No, but that's not why I'm buying it. And I never said it would help me out. I'm buying it because it looks awesome. I don't even understand the point of that sentence, you only buy stuff if it gives you an advantage, but if it's a nice decorative limited number statue you have no need for it? I just want it because I like Halo and I think it would look cool next to my Spartan Helmet, and yes, that also doesn't help me out in game, I just like that too.

If you are responsible for money you would know which edition is the best for you and you wouldn't need this thread. If you're short on cash but want the Legendary Edition then just buy the regular edition and get Legendary sometime down the line when you have the money, like from eBay or somewhere.

If you're responsible for money then you would know how to budget to be able to get the Legendary edition and pay it off in time.
Old 07-25-2010, 08:33 PM   #19
jackstraw

Always go Legendary...
jackstraw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 08:48 PM   #20
Atroxx70

atroxx70's Gamercard

Quote:
What? lol.

I'm flaming you for how stupid you're sounding. You were saying something like "so it's not responsible for me to decide which edition to get" yet the title of this thread is "YOU help me decide". The information is out there on the internet, you make a decision based on what you think.

"Let me ask you this, is that big fancy statue going to do anything to help you in the game at all? Didn't think so."

No, but that's not why I'm buying it. And I never said it would help me out. I'm buying it because it looks awesome. I don't even understand the point of that sentence, you only buy stuff if it gives you an advantage, but if it's a nice decorative limited number statue you have no need for it? I just want it because I like Halo and I think it would look cool next to my Spartan Helmet, and yes, that also doesn't help me out in game, I just like that too.

If you are responsible for money you would know which edition is the best for you and you wouldn't need this thread. If you're short on cash but want the Legendary Edition then just buy the regular edition and get Legendary sometime down the line when you have the money, like from eBay or somewhere.

If you're responsible for money then you would know how to budget to be able to get the Legendary edition and pay it off in time.
lol Are you even looking at who's posting what? I was defending the other guy because you basically told him he wasn't a "true" fan for not getting the Legendary edition(which I'm also getting by the, it's been paid off for two months now) All I'm saying is that some people don't care for all the extra fluff that comes with an expensive collectors edition. Doesn't make them any less of a fan of anything.

Quote:

Old 07-25-2010, 08:48 PM   #21
Gorjira

Gorjira's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeNGeD View Post
It is indeed a day after, I ordered mine and have pre ordered all previous games from GAME and they usually have it to me on release date. Hopefully they do with this, as I am waiting for the Reach console and the Legendary edition. Took the week off work and everything.

You should have it on the 14th though, I think it means it would be 15th at the latest perhaps.
That's what I'm hoping for. Play and Zavi send their games so people get them on release, so here's to hoping Amazon are the same!
Old 07-26-2010, 09:37 AM   #22
Flex Gabz Flex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atroxx70 View Post
lol Are you even looking at who's posting what? I was defending the other guy because you basically told him he wasn't a "true" fan for not getting the Legendary edition(which I'm also getting by the, it's been paid off for two months now) All I'm saying is that some people don't care for all the extra fluff that comes with an expensive collectors edition. Doesn't make them any less of a fan of anything.
Spot one. My girlfriend anit having me have a statue of Spartans in our bedroom. Doesn't make me less of a fan. But hey does that mean me getting the halo reach limited console and any1 who doesn't get it is less of fan?

Old 07-26-2010, 09:59 AM   #23
Big Stoz

big stoz's Gamercard
If money's no object get the legendary edition...to seal your love!
Old 07-26-2010, 05:18 PM   #24
Pearson

Biomedical Fire's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   1,000 Posts
I went with the Legendary Edition because the 10" statue that will be very limited, hard to find and will appreciate in value makes it well worth the price. If I could, I'd buy 2 and put one up to let appreciate and gain in value, but I have other games and the Halo: Reach console pre-ordered.
Old 07-26-2010, 05:47 PM   #25
The Elite Elite

The Elite Elite's Gamercard
I know you've already made your choice and you've said that money isn't a big object to you, but I'd say just go with the Limited Edition and get the Legendary at a later date. I know they've said "But the Legendary Edition is going to be SUPER limited in number, if you want one pre-order it NOW!" They said the exact same thing about the Legendary Edition for Halo 3 and right now, on Amazon.com they have Halo 3: Legendary Edition, list price $129.99, amazon's price $56.99. So I'd say, change that pre-order to the regular or limited edition and wait a couple of years to get the legendary edition for less than half its release day price. Afterall, the only thing you are missing out on is just a statue and some spartan armor, and then only for a couple years until you do get the legendary edition at a much better price.
The Elite Elite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 06:24 PM   #26
dylan_snyder09

Send a message via MSN to dylan_snyder09

oX SnYdErMaN Xo's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
except when they say it's going to be super limited, they follow up with the fact that they over-produced halo 3's legendary edition and it wasn't limited at all by that point. They are making sure they don't do the same mistake here and they truly are making this limited.

Legendary FTW

dylan_snyder09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 06:41 PM   #27
H0p3sfalL
Ch Ch Ch Cherry Bomb!

ATT4Ck XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Community Gaming - Bronze   Subscriber - Silver   x360a Representer   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Elite Elite View Post
I know you've already made your choice and you've said that money isn't a big object to you, but I'd say just go with the Limited Edition and get the Legendary at a later date. I know they've said "But the Legendary Edition is going to be SUPER limited in number, if you want one pre-order it NOW!" They said the exact same thing about the Legendary Edition for Halo 3 and right now, on Amazon.com they have Halo 3: Legendary Edition, list price $129.99, amazon's price $56.99. So I'd say, change that pre-order to the regular or limited edition and wait a couple of years to get the legendary edition for less than half its release day price. Afterall, the only thing you are missing out on is just a statue and some spartan armor, and then only for a couple years until you do get the legendary edition at a much better price.
agree 100% !
Old 07-26-2010, 06:52 PM   #28
Nlkuysdf

tbs nikolai's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flex Gabz Flex View Post
Spot one. My girlfriend anit having me have a statue of Spartans in our bedroom. Doesn't make me less of a fan. But hey does that mean me getting the halo reach limited console and any1 who doesn't get it is less of fan?
No, it doesn't make you any less of a fan, but if you're girlfriend controls what you can or cannot put in your bedroom then that makes you less of a man.

Just kidding.

Gamer Score: 61,175 of 61,255 -99.87%

Achievements: 2160 of 2162-99.91%
Nlkuysdf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 11:43 PM   #29
SuperSkyline89

SuperSkyline89's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Elite Elite View Post
There's no way you'll save any money that way. If you buy the Limited now you're down what, $70 right? So that means just to break even on buying Legendary now you'll have to find one for $80 later on. Bungie has said they aren't making as many as the Halo 3 Legendary so good luck finding one later on at that price. I highly doubt you can find one for less than $80, meaning you're attempt to save money is in fact wasting money.
I'm boycotting EA because they butchered the Need for Speed series and refused Turn 10 the Porsche license. Kinect earned the second spot on this list with an achievement in Forza 4 and exclusive features in non-Kinect-Exclusive games like Halo Anniversary.

Forza 4 Flickr Page
SuperSkyline89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 11:45 PM   #30
Flex Gabz Flex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nlkuysdf View Post
No, it doesn't make you any less of a fan, but if you're girlfriend controls what you can or cannot put in your bedroom then that makes you less of a man.

Just kidding.

Haha got me there mate. But who here really has any control and say with there girlfriend