PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Adventure > Limbo
Subscribe    Donate

Old 07-25-2010, 09:02 AM   #91
CoolJosh3k

CoolJosh3k's Gamercard
I actually playing with a thoery that there are 10 + 10 eggs + 1 extra and no more, but a secret cutscence or something to do with the 3 types of egg.
CoolJosh3k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 09:30 AM   #92
Relentless Nug

Relentless Nug's Gamercard
Here's a better picture what do you guys think?(Could it really be a glitch, i'm doubtful) Pretty strange huh...

Relentless Nug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 09:37 AM   #93
Hoopy

Hoopyy's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Relentless Nug View Post
Here's a better picture what do you guys think?(Could it really be a glitch, i'm doubtful) Pretty strange huh...

Is that your character? Because if it is then it most probably just a graphics problem/glitch.
Hoopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 09:40 AM   #94
Relentless Nug

Yes it's my character...I'm not sure how it's a glitch though
Old 07-25-2010, 09:43 AM   #95
Hoopy

Hoopyy's Gamercard
Quote:
Yes it's my character...I'm not sure how it's a glitch though
A glitch is a problem that isn't supposed to happen, clearly this is a glitch as it doesn't take part in any of the games events. If it had a reason to be there then fair enough its not a glitch, but its not there at the start and you can go all the way through the game without that happening. Its just a glitch, there is nothing that is going to happen if you have it happen to you.
Old 07-25-2010, 09:52 AM   #96
CoolJosh3k

CoolJosh3k's Gamercard
You said you could repeat the glitch with the same steps each time...

care to tell us what they were?
Old 07-25-2010, 09:55 AM   #97
Hoopy

Hoopyy's Gamercard
Its going a bit off topic. So why don't we just keep this thread to eggs?

Last edited by Hoopy; 07-25-2010 at 09:58 AM.
Old 07-25-2010, 09:59 AM   #98
Relentless Nug

I don't think it's a glitch. I think it has some kinda of meaning. And Hoopy you claimed this "glitch" happened to you and looked like part of a web. That picture couldn't look any further from part of a web.
Old 07-25-2010, 10:02 AM   #99
Hoopy

Hoopyy's Gamercard
Quote:
I don't think it's a glitch. I think it has some kinda of meaning. And Hoopy you claimed this "glitch" happened to you and looked like part of a web. That picture couldn't look any further from part of a web.
The one I had wasn't as bright as your one. And mines did look a bit like the web but it would only appear in dark places.
Old 07-25-2010, 10:06 AM   #100
Relentless Nug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoopy View Post
The one I had wasn't as bright as your one. And mines did look a bit like the web but it would only appear in dark places.

Well it doesn't only appear in dark places. It just shows more in dark places and it's the best spot to take pictures with my cell phone.
Old 07-25-2010, 10:09 AM   #101
Hoopy

Hoopyy's Gamercard
Quote:
Well it doesn't only appear in dark places. It just shows more in dark places and it's the best spot to take pictures with my cell phone.
Well maybe its a different thing that happened to me then. I couldn't care less to be honest.
Old 07-25-2010, 10:14 AM   #102
MoldyClay87

Send a message via AIM to MoldyClay87

MoldyClay87's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevolutionary View Post
People said that at 102, 105, 108 and 110. This isn't the end!

I don't know of a single game that doesn't acknowledge or reward you when you get everything. This won't be any different.
To be fair, this isn't exactly a normal game.

I mean, the game never tells you what is going on at the beginning or the end. The only bit of story is in the description, it never distinguishes when you enter another 'chapter' (which aren't even labeled or anything in the menu).

Not telling you to got everything wouldn't exactly be that weird. They're not going to take you out of the experience to give you a message.

At best, if you got everything, maybe the leaderboard would have a crown or something next to it (like how Perfect Dark gives you things when you do stuff), but I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Limbo doesn't tell you, if only so you keep searching so people can say "Well, this game could still have secrets" and add to the mystery of the game.

100% Retail: 21/78 ; 100% Arcade: 46/87
Most Recent: Clive Barker's Jericho ; Contrast
MoldyClay87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 12:16 PM   #103
Tricky I Shadow

YES! Finally got the 11th egg after trying all day!

I donít think Iíll be touching this game for a while now.
Tricky I Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 01:01 PM   #104
KONFLiCT3D

Send a message via Skype™ to KONFLiCT3D

KONFLiKT3D's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by MastrBlastr1 View Post
Has anyone noticed that on level 23 if you do go bellow the saw and jump off and hit the bottom of that big O, that there is like a whitish line on the bottom of it. Almost like from a web? Could be nothin or a glitch but I think its worth mentioning.
its run off from the rain
KONFLiCT3D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 01:14 PM   #105
chris4565

Smile Zero-Death-Run-Video

Hi,

in case nobody has noticed
: THIS guy has already uploaded 4/5 parts from a zero-death-run.

Hope, this helps
chris4565
chris4565 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 01:22 PM   #106
Stevolutionary

Stevolutionary's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4565 View Post
Hi,

in case nobody has noticed
: THIS guy has already uploaded 4/5 parts from a zero-death-run.

Hope, this helps
chris4565
It's a bit stupid that he put a colour overlay on it, kind of ruins it.
Stevolutionary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 02:25 PM   #107
shin mic

shin mic's Gamercard
man
i finally got the 11th egg in my zdr
but i am still confused why i didnt get in in my first zdr

maybe i was so hyped that i didnt noticed that i died one time ^^"
shin mic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 06:54 PM   #108
credible

RuntherCredible's Gamercard
Wow, this thread and this whole episode really is the pinnacle of immaturity and pathetic behavior. Thanks for the vids though.

"For he did not know that beyond the lake he called home lies a deeper, darker ocean green, where waves are both wilder and more serene. To its ports I've been. To its ports I've been."
credible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 07:30 PM   #109
iSs Baillie

iFozy's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Video Guide is up!
iSs Baillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 08:32 PM   #110
Cyantre

Someone on YouTube posted a zero death run of the game where you can see the final egg.

Cyantre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 09:13 PM   #111
iSs Baillie

iFozy's Gamercard

I never added in the last part due to spoilers :/. I guess I could upload it again.
Old 07-26-2010, 07:26 AM   #112
ApochWeiss

Send a message via AIM to ApochWeiss

Apoch x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Silver   x360a Representer   2,500 Posts   Word of Mouth   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevolutionary View Post
Just a note to say you made a small typo in your description of the 111% egg - you go left then right, not left then left.

Also, we're still pretty sure there's more eggs to be found, but due to the increasingly (and completely unwarranted) hostile attitudes of people even after they are told the correct locations, we're being much more selective with who we reveal to as nobody wants to lose their leaderboard spot after so much hard work to someone who just read all the locations here and is sending us insulting PMs too.

As soon as all are found, i'm sure everyone would be happy to release them straight away. So please, be patient and thanks to all those who have been understanding and appreciative of all the hours we've been putting in.

Nobody is obliged to post anything here or make videos for you all - we could all have happily sat on them and there'd be only 10 or so with 111% and the rest on 105% or so, so please understand that we have been helping, and the delays are purely due to people being hostile to us and trying to leapfrog us on the leaderboards without actually contributing anything to the (continuing) search.
Hate to say it but that's the nature of some of the people here on x360a. They use the site to help them get achievements but they have to overly pig headish over other people using guides. This is why some of the guides I've started I gave up. I got tired of people being so damned ignorant through PM's. I don't report 'em, I just give up if it ticks me off too bad. Don't let it get you down. I of all people understand the frustration of that horseshit. I still can't believe someone threatened me for not adding sports games to a guide I composed to get quick gamerscore with games I confirmed it to work with.

For everyone 1 helpful person, there's 3 jackasses to follow. It sucks.

But I do thank you for the work you've done. I just bought the game and tried a bit before work. I actually never aware of hidden eggs, so I'll have to use these guides to help me, as I simply don't have all the time in the world to find them all.

Now with film and game reviews (just for fun)!

ApochWeiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 08:21 AM   #113
CoolJosh3k

CoolJosh3k's Gamercard
I still haven't got a reply from PlayDead....

What address did the others use? How long did it take to get a reply?
Old 07-26-2010, 09:12 AM   #114
QuiCkz AleX

QuiCkz AleX's Gamercard
Achievement Tip: Achievement Mini Guide

Most Achievements in Limbo are tied to collecting glowing "eggs." The remaining Achievements are based on completing the game.

Wrong Way (5) At the very start of the game, head left to find the glowing egg.
Altitude is Attitude (5) In Chapter 2 you'll come to a broken tree you can push over to make a path forward. To the left of this is a rope that is nearly invisible due to the leaves in the foreground. Jump to this and climb it to reach the egg.
It’s Stuck (10) At the end of Chapter 11 you must climb a tall ladder that leads to the next chapter (after you lose your brain slug). Push the pipe on the ground to the right past the ladder and into the water under the pipe that is NOT leaking water. Now, jump for the rope obscured behind a beam in the foreground. This will cause the egg to drop onto the pipe.
Urban Exploration (10) In Chapter 14 you'll come to a large elevator. Take the elevator to the second level and get off, then send it back down to the ground. From here, hit the button to bring the car back up and jump left onto the top of the elevator. Quickly jump to the rope hanging high up to the left and climb it to reach the egg.
Alone in the Dark (10) This one is tough: At the end of Chapter 14, after the portion with the spinning saw blade and the two crates, is a dark passage or "cave" leading away from a ladder. If you move deep into this cave you'll fall to your death, however, you can actually leap an invisible pit here. You'll need to time your journey into the cave carefully, but after some trademark "trial and death" you should be able to leap the chasm and get to this egg.
Climbing the Cog (10) In Chapter 16 you'll come to a giant gear with a switch in front of it. Don't flip the switch. Jump onto the gear and ride it to the right until you reach the egg.
Backtracking (10) Just after losing the brain slug in Chapter 18, you'll find yourself on a conveyor belt. To turn back to the left and "backtrack" you'll need to push one of the boxes to the right for a bit and then climb on it. This will allow you to reach the edge of the crushing device to the left. Hang on the edge until the crusher recedes and then climb up and cross it to the ladder in the upper left. Up here is an egg.
Guided by Sparks (10) After the entire level ceases to rotate in Chapter 19, don't push the crate off the ledge. Instead, keep it near the electrified wall and use it to hop up onto a hidden ledge to the left. From here you can make a large leap to the right to reach the egg.
Under Ground (10) At the elevator in Chapter 21, move all the way to the ledge on the right. Tap DOWN to hang from the ledge and then jump to the right from your hanging position to grab a chain. Climb down to the egg.
Going Up (10) Activate the first gravity switch, just past the "HO" in Chapter 23. Move the crate to the right and stand over the switch. When the gravity reverses, hit the switch a second time as you fall and move left to discover a hidden area. Pull the lever here for the final Achievement egg.
Where Credit is Due (100) Complete the game.
No Point in Dying (10) Complete the game without exiting the game or dying more than five times.
QuiCkz AleX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 03:19 PM   #115
Stevolutionary

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApochWeiss View Post
Hate to say it but that's the nature of some of the people here on x360a. They use the site to help them get achievements but they have to overly pig headish over other people using guides. This is why some of the guides I've started I gave up. I got tired of people being so damned ignorant through PM's. I don't report 'em, I just give up if it ticks me off too bad. Don't let it get you down. I of all people understand the frustration of that horseshit. I still can't believe someone threatened me for not adding sports games to a guide I composed to get quick gamerscore with games I confirmed it to work with.

For everyone 1 helpful person, there's 3 jackasses to follow. It sucks.

But I do thank you for the work you've done. I just bought the game and tried a bit before work. I actually never aware of hidden eggs, so I'll have to use these guides to help me, as I simply don't have all the time in the world to find them all.
Thanks for the support man! Our side were guilty of losing their temper too, but yeah, it does get tiresome working when the community are so wierdly rabid towards you sometimes.
Old 07-26-2010, 05:34 PM   #116
Fett2oo5

First of all a great write up and wonderful videos, all I was missing were the three in the dark cave, and your information was very helpful. Thank you!

So the 12th egg, no 12th egg, regardless if there is one or not, can anyone clarify how 112% is achievable please?

Is it done by getting all eggs on a ZDR?

If so, I haven't been able to get out of the dark cave (the cave with three eggs) How do you get out of it?

If there is information on how to accomplish this, could you update the OP (so we don't have to wade through all the drama posts)
Fett2oo5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 06:08 PM   #117
iSs Baillie

iFozy's Gamercard

The 112% has been hacked. It's not possible, PlayDead Studios has clarified this!
Old 07-26-2010, 06:09 PM   #118
Stevolutionary

Check yo PM's Baillie!
Old 07-27-2010, 05:06 AM   #119
Trips

Tripts's Gamercard
nevermind found the correct video of the egg.

Thanks.

Last edited by Trips; 07-27-2010 at 05:16 AM.
Trips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 06:52 AM   #120
Punkster812

Punkster812's Gamercard
Just wanted to say thanks for the videos, I probably would have only found a few with out the guide. Got the achievements, and only did the really hidden eggs because they were posted here and I wasn't ready to be done with the game, so thanks for those as well (although I doubt I will try the zdr, maybe, in the future).
Punkster812 is offline   Reply With Quote