PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Overlord
Subscribe    Donate

Old 04-19-2007, 05:40 PM   #1
L3giOn

I L3giOn I's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Referrals - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Gears of War Annex Challenge Runners Up   NBA Live 1000 People Online Supporter   Gears of War Tournament Final Four   Submit - Bronze   Street Fighter 2 Runner-up   Donator - Level 1   UNO - Gold
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)
Game Info

In Overlord, the minions constitute the evil Overlord's army and are the key gameplay mechanic. Completely and utterly loyal to him, minions will use their unique skills to fetch, fight and even die for their master. Their loyalty knows no limits and their bravery borders on stupidity, but with every bone in their odd little bodies, the minions will follow players' commands no matter how despotic or life threatening they are.
The minions can be controlled generally in two different ways: either by moving the horde as a group, or by independently firing them off like some destruction-crazed, reusable missiles. Players will be able to send individual minions to take on smaller jobs, or they can select a posse from their horde to take on bigger tasks.
Once a minion has been dispatched on a job, its little minion brain kicks in to determine the best course of action. For instance, if the player sends a minion to kill a sheep, it will attack, then automatically pickup and return with the sheep's life force, which can then be used later on to create more minions. Minions can also be used to carry objects (including much larger ones if they work together), operate mechanisms, and get to places where the Overlord can not.
As the Overlord grows more and more powerful and evil, the minions will grow as well, getting a bit more powerful and evil at the same time. Opportunists by nature, if they can rob an opponent of a mighty axe to wield themselves, or steal some armor to wear for protection, they will. Whether axes, knives, chef's hats, pitchforks or even emptied out pumpkins, whatever the case is, minions aren't fussy as long as it gives them the fighting edge.
Further to collecting weapons and armor for themselves, the minions will return to the Overlord with gold and other goodies. Unfortunately, minions have their weaknesses too though: the beautiful (yet fatal) succubus can lure them to their deaths, and they're easily distracted from their missions by music and alcohol (which makes them increasingly more violent and out of control than normal).
As the Overlord, players can amass an army of up to 50 minions (with hundreds more in reserve) made up of four different breeds:
  • Brown Minions The Fighters. These are the strongest minions for combat. They will pick up dropped equipment from defeated foes and use it for themselves pitchforks, severed unicorn horns and the like are some favorites.
  • Red Minions The Fire Throwers. These minions are like archers who hurl blazing fireballs to defeat opponents from a distance. Also, immune to fire, they can clear dangerous paths for the Overlord and the rest of the horde.
  • Green Minions The Assassins. These minions love their stealth attacks. They'll try to get behind an enemy, jump on their back and then stab them viciously to death great for ambushes. They're also immune to poisoning and can turn rubbish left on the battlefield into upgrades.
  • Blue Minions The Healers. These are the smartest of the minions, and the only ones who have the ability to swim. Blue minions can also resurrect fallen minions, and get them ready to join the fight once again.
  • Minions use them tactically and these evil little comrades will always be there for their master, ready to sacrifice themselves and their lives in servitude to the Overlord.
Old 05-08-2007, 02:49 PM   #2
angry

Send a message via AIM to angry Send a message via MSN to angry

Angry xBs's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 2   1,000 Posts   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
NEW Overlord Video preview at Gametrailers

Link: http://www.gametrailers.com/

I think that this game is looking very sweet indeed. What do you think?

IF @ FIRST YOU DON'T SUCCEED TRY HARDER AS CHEATING GET'S YOU KNOWHERE

Games Completed: 9

Arcade Games Completed:
angry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 05:03 AM   #3
NevEP

Send a message via AIM to NevEP

NevEP's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
It's been officially announced that its release date is June 29th, 2007, also.

NevEP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 01:22 PM   #4
angry

Send a message via AIM to angry Send a message via MSN to angry

Angry xBs's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 2   1,000 Posts   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Update

OK Overlord Demo Wreaks Havoc On Live

Gamers can now download an 852 MB demo of the forthcoming Overlord which is due in stores towards the end of the month. Overlord sees players take control of loyal and love-able minions who will do anything for you whilst you try and reclaim the lands by being evil or really evil. It's a fun game and one that is quite unique on Xbox 360. The demo is free and well worth a look; so what are you waiting for?

Enjoy

IF @ FIRST YOU DON'T SUCCEED TRY HARDER AS CHEATING GET'S YOU KNOWHERE

Games Completed: 9

Arcade Games Completed:
angry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007, 07:49 PM   #5
Gprime

Send a message via AIM to Gprime Send a message via Yahoo to Gprime

Gprime8989's Gamercard
Reminds me a bit of fable *from looks* except you play the part of the antagonist. One of the cool things I think is really neat about this game is that you get your own lairs and get to destroy the 7 protagonists who are all corrupt. Dloading the demo right now, Ill give my input when I'm done

Gprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 02:28 AM   #6
Veles

Veles's Gamercard
Haven't really read much about this game, but I played the demo and was really impressed. Obviously not the deepest RPG there is, but it's great for a hack and slash style RPG. Reminds me quite a bit of Fable, which is a game I really enjoyed, even if it wasn't all it was made out to be.
Veles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 11:43 PM   #7
ThrillKillBill

ThrillKillBill's Gamercard

Awards Showcase x360a Book Club   1,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
i must admit i'm a little curious about overlord. what is the gameplay like? what previous games do you guys find it comparable to? how well is the multiplayer? Thank you in advance for your opinions
ThrillKillBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 01:07 AM   #8
MrRedrum

xxLinoleumKnife's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
It's basically a mix between Fable and Pikmin. You get your minions and spells and continue on a rather linear quest but have the ability to explore any area you want to at any given time (as long as you've been there already of course) so in that regard it's just like Fable. The Pikmin reference should be obvious since you control a horde of minions.

The multiplayer to be frank, kind of sucks. Some parts of it can be damn fun and other parts it can be retarded. It also doesn't help when people decide to randomly quit when they are losing. If you can play with some friends online then it can be a lot of fun! So as it is right now the multiplayer is just basically in the middle, not too good and not horrible its just average but because of the players leaving all the time makes me want to say it sucks lol.

If you want a better review look for bluntman's review. It will tell you anything and everything you want to know. It's the biggest looking post in the thread haha.

http://xbox360achievements.org/forum...ad.php?t=30469

MrRedrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 01:12 PM   #9
Exane22

Exane22's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRedrum View Post
It's basically a mix between Fable and Pikmin. You get your minions and spells and continue on a rather linear quest but have the ability to explore any area you want to at any given time (as long as you've been there already of course) so in that regard it's just like Fable. The Pikmin reference should be obvious since you control a horde of minions.
That pretty much sums it up, plays and feels a ton like Fable and then you add Pikmin in the mix, and that is Overlord. The more and more you play it the harder it is to put down, simple as that.
Old 10-25-2007, 02:48 AM   #10
Andrew x360a
Guide Team

Andrew x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Green Thumb - Bronze   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Staff Club - Shinobi273   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 2   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - Andrew x360a   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 2   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff - Guide Team   Staff Club - DEG23   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Subscriber - Bronze
Total Awards: 23 (more» ...)
This game is completely addictive. The minions are hilarious. My girlfriend absolutely loved watching me play because she kept laughing at how silly and goofy they were while they were killing lots of innocents for you. We couldn't put the game down.
Andrew x360a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 10:53 AM   #11
Barad

Location: Bristol, England Occupation: Undergraduate Status: Doing a raid
Send a message via Skype™ to Barad

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Emerald   The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Community Gaming - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Road Map - Emerald   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer
Total Awards: 23 (more» ...)
this game looks immense!
Barad is offline   Reply With Quote