PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Sports and Fitness > Little League World Series 2010
Subscribe    Donate

Old 07-24-2010, 08:59 PM   #1
BladeMDP

blademdp's Gamercard
Road map & achievement guide

ROADMAP

OVERVIEW
Estimated achievement difficulty: 5/10
Offline achievements: 43 (1000)
Approximate amt of time to 1000g 23-27 hours (I got mine in 24 hours)
Cheat Codes: None
Difficulty level affect achievements?: No
Glitchy achievements: No

INTRODUCTION:
It’s not a difficult game, but more so just a time consuming game. If you want a 1000, you’re going to have to play TWO LLWS tourneys, one as an USA team then one as an INTERNATIONAL team. Each one will consist of approximately 27 games, 6 innings apiece.

Little League baseball has 43 achievements for a total of 1000. The achievements are broken down as follows:

Training: 7 achievements for 70
Skill Challenges: 6 achievements for 60
Tournament Series Exclusive: 15 achievements for 510
Player Cards: 3 achievements for 130

The rest can be achieved through either normal gameplay and/or within the LLWS Tourney.

PLAYER CARDS:
You need to become aware that there are 54 player cards within the LLWS game. They can be achieved through Quick Play OR within the Tournament Series. Most of them can be achieved through the normal course of gameplay. NOTE: if you want to get the full 1000 you’re going to have to collect all 54 cards to get the Master of Cards (90) achievement. Here is link to list of player cards.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...d.php?t=246234

As I said in that thread, the toughest one to get is the “Jump Skill Down” card. This requires you to make a big play and catch a ball 25 times. This basically means you have to make 25 catches where you’re either diving or jumping up to make the catch. It can be very deceiving because if you make a diving/jumping catch and only get 10 points credit for it, it won’t count towards this goal.

STEP 1: TRAINING
I would go ahead and get these out of the way. They really are quite easy. Just follow the directions within the training sessions and you’ll complete them without difficulty. There are 6 different types of training (pitching, batting, fielding, base-running, card, & talent) with between 3 and 10 sessions for each type of training.

STEP 2: NON-TOURNEY RELATED ACHIEVEMENTS
Go ahead and play some quick games to go after some of the achievements, specifically the Walk Off Winner(10) and Team Player(10) achievements. For the Walk Off Winner achievement, set the game length to 1 inning, make yourself the home team (for non-baseball fans, this means you will be batting last). Win the game and it counts as a “walk-off” win. What I did, to kill 2 birds with 1 stone so-to-speak, is had my games remain scoreless after 1 inning, then win it in the bottom of the 2nd inning, which gave me the achievement as well as the “card” for playing 5 extra inning games (see cards section for more information). For the Team Player achievement, you are required to execute 15 successful sacrifice hits. This means you have a runner on 1st or 2nd with less than 2 outs, and while at the plate, you execute a bunt (hold down the button) to move that runner on base over to the next base while getting out at first, ala the “sacrifice.” (For those baseball fans, hope no offense taken at having to explain a sacrifice hit). Playing a few quick games will help you work towards some of other achievements that are not tourney required (Run Scorer, Doubles Master, etc.) as well as start to accumulate Player Cards which will are vital to success in getting the Tournament Series Exclusive achievements.

STEP 3: TOURNEY RELATED ACHIEVEMENTS

Before you start, adjust the options to the following:

Difficulty: Easy
Use Cards: Yes

Team Options:

Pitching: Technical
Batting: Easy
Fielding: Technical
Running: Technical

For the USA team, I played with the West team.
For the International team, I played with the Japanese team.

Make sure if at all possible you have the following 5 player cards already:

CLIMAX CARD - adds 100 talent points to team batting
TEAM CLIMAX CARD - talent points for both teams will be maximized
DOWN THE LINE - batter will hit the ball down the line
DIZZY SPELL - causes fielders to be held in place briefly when ball hit
SLIPPERY WHEN WET - inceases likelihood of fielder making errors till next AB

The majority of the tourney related achievements will come with just normal gameplay accumulation. However, to get the 1000 you’ll have to play 2 LLWS tourneys, so whatever you don’t get on the first go-around, you should be able to on the second. In my opinion, the main three that you have to show focus towards getting are:

Hit For The Cycle 30 - the toughest part is hitting the triple, but I’ll explain. Using the “dizzy spell card”, try to hit the ball down the line, preferably with a runner on first. The dizzy spell card will make the fielder stand there stunned for a few moments. If you pull it down the line with a left handed batter, you should be able to make it to third, they’ll be more focused on trying to throw the runner out at home.
Triple Crown 30 - Use your star player to obtain this. 99% of the time you should have him batting with max talent level (3rd) activated, which means all he has to do is make contact and he hits a HR.
Scoring Frenzy 30 - it’s not too difficult to score 170 runs in 27 games (roughly 6.3 runs a game), just pay attention to it.

STRATEGY:

Make sure your star player is batting cleanup (4th) always in your lineup. To guarantee at least a 3 to 4 run first inning everytime, do this in the first inning:

1st hitter – use dizzy spell card
2nd hitter – use slippery when wet
3rd hitter – use down the line
4th hitter (star player) if you are already at 2nd level of talent power-up, just use the climax card to get to 3rd level of talent, activate – if not at 2nd level of talent power-up, use team climax card to max out your talent, activate – now, all you have to do is make contact and you should be hitting grand-slam or 3-run homer at the least.

90% of time, I only used the talent power-up for my star player – that way every time he came up to bat, it’s usually maxed out, and you can hit HR with him (most games I hit 3 HR with my star player).

I’m not going to really touch on pitching, it’s really easy. You want to focus on getting the Dr K. 30g achievement, which is getting 70 strikeouts in the series. Just mix up types of pitches and locations and you should have no trouble getting this achievement. Once you gotten the 70 strikeouts, I would just start throwing the ball down the middle so your opponent WILL hit the ball, to work towards getting the Jump Skill Down Player card, which requires 25 diving/jumping catches. One thing I did, was I got all the hitting achievements in my first LLWS tourney I played with the USA team. On my second go around, instead of the Slippery When Wet card, I used the Jump Skill Up card, it helped me tremendously working towards the 25 diving/jumping catches. One game I got 5 alone.

STEP 4: SKILLSET CHALLENGE ACHIEVEMENTS

These require you to get the high score in each particular skillset. Make sure you pick the proper setting for each game (For example, to get bowling achievement you have to play 10 frame game). The hitting ones are extremely easy. The pitching ones can be a little tougher, in that you don’t get to see your pitching meter as you do when pitching in a game. If you don’t release the at the proper release point, you throw will not be accurate, which is vital in the pitching skillset challenges. Just practice during the games to see at what point you release the to get a “nice” pitch. The best way for me to tell you is when the pitcher is taking the ball back in his windup, right before he starts bringing his arm forward, release the and that will give you the “nice” pitch.

STEP 5: MOP UP

After you have completed two run-throughs of the LLWS Tourney, play some quick games if you have any cards left over to obtain. Once you’ve obtained them all, you should be at 1000 .

Last edited by BladeMDP; 09-01-2010 at 01:16 PM.
BladeMDP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 09:00 PM   #2
BladeMDP

blademdp's Gamercard
Rookie Pitcher(10) Complete all the pitching training.
There are 9 training sessions. They’re very easy.

Rookie Hitter(10)Complete all the batting training.
There are 10 training sessions. Again, very easy.

Rookie Fielder(10)Complete all the fielding training.
There are 7 training sessions. Easy.

Rookie Base Runner (10) Complete all the base-running training.
There are 3 training sessions. Easy.

Rookie Card Holder (10) Complete the card training.
There are 2 training sessions. Easy.

Rookie Talent (10) Complete all the Talent training.
7 training sessions. Easy.

You're No Longer A Rookie! (10 ) Complete all the training.
Self explanatory – simply complete all of the 6 different types of training.

Highlight Player (10) Catch the ball 12 times with a diving or jumping catch.
Have your outfielder or infielder make a jumping or diving catch. Easiest to do with outfielder, in my opinion. Make sure you have fielding set to technical so you can control the fielder.

Great Glove (10) Field 30 error-free ground balls.
Self-explanatory.

I Got It, I Got It! (10) Catch 100 fly balls.
Self-explanatory

All-Star Defense (10) Fielders get 100 outs not including strikeouts.
Self-explanatory

Run Scorer (10) Score 60 runs.
Simply score 60 runs. You can accumulate these in either Quick Play or LLWS Tourney.

Team Player (10) Execute 15 successful sacrifice hits.
With a runner on 1st or 2nd, with less than 2 outs, press to bunt, which allows the runner on base to advance to the next base while you get out at first.

Doubles Master (10) Hit 30 doubles.
Simply hit 30 doubles, can be done in either Quick Play or LLWS Tourney.

Last edited by BladeMDP; 09-01-2010 at 01:09 PM.
Old 07-24-2010, 09:10 PM   #3
BladeMDP

blademdp's Gamercard
Power Slugger (10) Hit 50 home runs.

Simply hit 50 HRs, can be done in either Quick Play or LLWS Tourney.

Power Pitcher (10) Strikeout 60 batters.

Simply strikeout 60 batters, can be done in either Quick Play or LLWS Tourney.

Walk Off Winner (10) Win 5 walk-off games in your final at bat.

Play Quick Game, set inning length to 1, make yourself the home team. Win the game in the bottom of the first, you have your walk-off win.

All-Star Talents (10) Use Talents 20 times.

During the course of game, as you do “good things (score runs, strikeout batters, etc.),” you’ll accumulate talent points. There are 3 levels. When you reach the 1st talent level, you’ll have the ability use a talent power-up (by using ). Just do it 20 times.

Perfect Control (10) Achieve the high score in Pitching Darts with a Challenge rule.

Beat the score of 360 points. As long as you master how to throw the specialty pitches (screwball, slider, etc.) and how to throw a “nice pitch” you’ll beat it with ease. (see Road Map under Skill Challenges on how to throw a “nice pitch”)

Pro Bowler (10) Achieve the high score in Pitching Bowling in a 10 frame game.

Beat the score of 210. Just throw “nice pitch fastball” down the middle you should get strike most of the time.

Dugout Dunker Pro (10) Achieve the high score in Dunk Dugout with 5 turns.

Beat score of 2100 points. Again, just master how to throw “nice pitch”, hit the marks, and you’ll be fine.

King Of Home Runs (10) Achieve the high score in Home Run Tourney with 20 balls.

Beat score of 10,000 points. Not difficult, just get combo score going (with consecutive HRs) and try your best to hit HR on challenge pitch (which is normally super-fast pitch).

Bat Control (10) Achieve the high score in Batting Frenzy using the 5 x 5 rule.

Beat score of 500 points. Again, not difficult at all.

Around The Horn Memory Control (10) Achieve the high score in Around the Horn using the 2 miss rule.

Beat score of 1,850 points. Not difficult, just write down the pattern they show you at first, then just repeat it.

Card Collector (10) Collect 27 cards.

See “Master of Cards.”

Card Enthusiast (30) Collect 38 cards.

See “Master of Cards.”

Master Of Cards (90) Collect all 54 cards.

It’s not difficult to collect all 54 cards. Here is link to list of cards thread. In your clubhouse, go to your card book, it’ll show you which ones you’ve gotten and which ones you haven’t (and on those it will show you how you are progressing on those cards).
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...d.php?t=246234

Turkey (10) Strikeout 3 batters in a row in a tournament game.

Self-explanatory. Just remember has to be done in a LLWS Tourney game. Just mix location and type of pitches. I found a lot of success with down and away. Use your talents if have to.

Last edited by BladeMDP; 09-01-2010 at 01:07 PM.
Old 07-24-2010, 09:12 PM   #4
BladeMDP

blademdp's Gamercard
Grand Slam (10) Hit a base-loaded home run in a tournament game.

Hit HR with runners on 1st, 2nd, and 3rd base. See road map under “Tourney” section on how to use player cards to get 1st 3 runners on then use max talent power up to hit homerun with star player. Just remember it has to be in LLWS Tourney game.

Hit For The Cycle (30) Hit a single, double, triple, and a home run as a team in a tournament game.

Hitting a triple is one of the more difficult things to do in the game, as the fields are so small. However, get a runner on first with left handed batter up. Use your dizzy spell card, pull it down the right field line, you should be able to get triple out of it. Remember, it has to be in LLWS Tourney game.

Triple Crown (30) Lead the league in batting average, home runs, and RBI's.

Note this applies to a single batter, not your team as a whole. Your goal should be to accomplish this with your star player. Make sure star player is batting clean-up. Try to save talent power-ups for when he comes up. If it’s at level 3 talent, it, and all you have to do is make contact for HR. You should average about 3 HRs a game, very rarely making an out with the batter.

Shut Out (10) Win a game by shutout in a tournament.

Not that difficult. Simply win a game without allowing the opposing team to score. You should do it several times over the course of a LLWS tourney. The AI hitting is subpar at best. Just mix location/type of pitches. Use talent power-ups only as a last resort. Save those for your offense!

No Hitter (30) Win a tournament game with a no hitter.

Not as difficult as it seems. Just win a LLWS tourney game without giving up a hit (you can give up a walk or make an error). Remember there is a 10 run mercy rule in LLWS. So, if you’re up by 10 or more runs at the end of inning, the game is over. I got my no-hitter/perfect game from a game that ended after 2 innings. Remember, it has to be in LLWS Tourney game.

Perfect Game (90) Win a tournament game with no hits, walks, or errors.

Again, not as difficult as it seems. See “No-hitter (just cannot allow any walks or make any errors)” Remember, has to be in LLWS Tourney game.

Dr. K (30)
Record 70 strikeouts in a tournament series.
Remember you play approximately 27 games in the LLWS Tourney, so just strike out an average of 2.5 batters per game, so you should get this through normal course of gameplay.

Everyone Hits! (30) All the team members achieve base hits in the same game in a tournament.

Just make sure all 9 players get a hit in a single game. Not difficult. Use talent power-ups if needed. Again, remember has to be during LLWS Tourney.

All-Around Team Hitters (30) Achieve 190 base hits in a tournament series.

Again, you should get this during normal course of game play. With 27 games to be played, just need to average about 7 hits a game.

Scoring Frenzy (30) Achieve 170 runs in a tournament series.

Again,during normal course of gameplay. About 6.3 runs per game are needed. Remember has to be during LLWS Tourney.

ERA Leader (30) Get an earned run average of 2.3 or less in a tournament series.

Not difficult at all. Normal course of gameplay. Just follow pitching strategies outlined above and you’ll be fine. Again, remember has to be during LLWS Tourney

US Bracket Winner (30)
Win the US tournament bracket.
Just keep playing and winning till you advance to the LLWS final against an international team. I used the “West” team when playing with USA team.

International Bracket Winner (30) Win the international tournament bracket.

Just keep playing and winning till you advance to the LLWS final against an USA team. I used the Japanese team when playing with an International team.

World Series Champion (90) Win the World Series.

Self-explanatory. Simply win the LLWS.

Little League Trophy Champ (120) Earn all awards.

Once you’ve unlocked all other achievements, this one will unlock.

Last edited by BladeMDP; 08-30-2010 at 02:42 AM.
Old 07-26-2010, 03:15 PM   #5
goothgone

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Great, i was waiting for a roadmap/guide before starting this game
Old 07-27-2010, 04:38 PM   #6
BladeMDP

blademdp's Gamercard
It's not that difficult of a game - just more time consuming than anything.
Old 07-29-2010, 12:43 PM   #7
U2MOFO

Send a message via MSN to U2MOFO

U2NUMB's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Looks like a solid guide, good job. I have this game on the way.

So how is the actual game play? Is it even fun at all to play? Not sure if I could play a bad sports game for 20+ hours.
Old 07-29-2010, 01:47 PM   #8
BladeMDP

blademdp's Gamercard
Now, I know opinions probably vary, but I honestly enjoyed playing the game. It's not arcadish by any means, the hitting is not a given (you won't have any 15-0 blowout wins). Each player has attributes tied to hitting, fielding, and pitching. As well, at the LLWS Tourney level, the statistical data provided on your players/teams is extremely thorough. I recommend it. While it did take 20+ hours to play, it didn't seem that long. Overall, I would recommend it, especially if you like baseball games.
Old 07-30-2010, 02:24 AM   #9
EdD.c0r3

great work
EdD.c0r3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 07:49 PM   #10
dreamweaver1984

Send a message via AIM to dreamweaver1984

dreamweaver1984's Gamercard
your wrong about the little league trophy achievement you have to get all the trophies in the trophy room of the game for that one. which at this point i have all but 2 , one is the international and one is for getting 20 sac hits in a tournament.
Old 08-02-2010, 01:56 AM   #11
BladeMDP

blademdp's Gamercard
Are you sure about that? I don't think so because when I unlocked my last (or should I say next-to-last) achievement for the game (winning the International Bracket), I then immediately unlocked that achievement. Hmmmm.

Last edited by BladeMDP; 08-30-2010 at 02:51 AM.
Old 08-08-2010, 03:32 AM   #12
EdD.c0r3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BladeMDP View Post
Are you sure about that? I don't think so because when I unlocked my last (or should I say next-to-last) achievement for the game (winning the International Bracket), I then immediately unlocked that achievement. Hmmmm.
You're right. I got that when I unlocked
all the other achievements.

Thanks for the guide btw.
EdD.c0r3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 12:57 PM   #13
EliteShadowMan

EliteShadowMan's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
not to great of a guide to be honest. some of the info is wrong for example: The button is to bunt but you said it was .

also no achievement pictures or anything? also no tips? i have 1 card left to get and this guide doesn't help at all to get it.
EliteShadowMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 01:26 PM   #14
BladeMDP

blademdp's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by EliteShadowMan View Post
not to great of a guide to be honest. some of the info is wrong for example: The button is to bunt but you said it was .

also no achievement pictures or anything? also no tips? i have 1 card left to get and this guide doesn't help at all to get it.
Thanks for the feedback, this is my FIRST attempt at a Road Map/Achievement Guide. Sorry about not adding any instructions on the cards, I felt they were self-explanatory. If you need help on that one, let me know which one it is and I can provide assistance.
Old 09-01-2010, 02:14 PM   #15
Tyger7
Moderator and Guide Staff

Send a message via AIM to Tyger7 Send a message via MSN to Tyger7 Send a message via Yahoo to Tyger7 Send a message via Skype™ to Tyger7

tyger7's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Gold   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   5,000 Posts   Submit - Silver   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - Tyger7   The Helping Hand   Referrals - Silver   Road Map - Diamond   Achievement Guide - Diamond   Staff - Collectibles Guide Team   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 17 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BladeMDP View Post
Thanks for the feedback, this is my FIRST attempt at a Road Map/Achievement Guide. Sorry about not adding any instructions on the cards, I felt they were self-explanatory. If you need help on that one, let me know which one it is and I can provide assistance.
Humble and respectful even when insulted. And still offers help.

Blade click the link below

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/g.../achievements/

This is all the achievement pictures, you could alwyays edit them into your guide (via copy/paste).
The things people say to get to 5 posts...

Xbox360 games I have
http://darkadia.com/member/tyger7/library
Tyger7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 09:53 AM   #16
Xxtrue2dagamexX

XxTrue2dagamexX's Gamercard
He's just mad that his guide sucked compared to this one good job bro. Game sucks, easy chievos but time consuming
Old 09-03-2010, 10:54 AM   #17
Tinysmitty

BIoodyEagle's Gamercard
Thank you sir for this i love these Road Maps they help alot.
Tinysmitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 01:33 AM   #18
HOST1L1TY

Descent game

Game really isn't too bad once you get the feel for it. I didn't like it at first but once you learn the hitting you'll be fine. Defense you really don't do much unless you're going for the diving catches. These little kids play crazy good "D".

The cards and challenges are the only part that make you have to really try. Cards you'll get during normal tourney play and some clean up. Challenges you just need to figure out "perfect" timing on your pitches.
HOST1L1TY is offline   Reply With Quote