Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Main Hub > Discussion Boards > Xbox 360
Subscribe    Donate

Old 03-17-2006, 02:51 AM   #1
AmpleSteak

AmpleSteak%20v2's Gamercard
My Xbox is broken...

My xbox broke my cod2 disc 2 weeks ago and i thought nothing of it because i'm rough on my games an i've had it since x-mas so it might break but then today it broke my Amped 3 disc the same exact way there is a crack right where it shows the xbox 360 symbol is (where the big hole is where you can fit your finger through) well anyway i won't be getting an xbox 360 for 2 weeks so if your on my list don't delete me if i'm offline for a while.
Old 03-17-2006, 02:53 AM   #2
KMB 316

KMB 316's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
sucks alot
Old 03-17-2006, 03:00 AM   #3
DarkLif3

DarkLif3's Gamercard
/Darth Vader NNOOOOOOOOOOOO!
DarkLif3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2006, 03:21 AM   #4
graf1k

Send a message via AIM to graf1k

graf1k's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   x360a Book Club   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Gears of War Tournament Final Four
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Call MS like I said. Maybe you'll get lucky and they won't notice the warranty has run out. Either that or call and purchase the extended warranty, wait a few days, and then call back and complain about this.

graf1k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2006, 03:30 AM   #5
Alive741

That is the worst
Old 03-17-2006, 06:07 AM   #6
scoobydiesel

Send a message via AIM to scoobydiesel Send a message via MSN to scoobydiesel Send a message via Yahoo to scoobydiesel

Scoobydiesel's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkLif3
/Darth Vader NNOOOOOOOOOOOO!
you beat me to it...

Old School member.
scoobydiesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2006, 10:22 AM   #7
P1NSEEKER

Send a message via MSN to P1NSEEKER

p1nseek3r's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Donator - Level 5   SOTF Winner   NBA Live 1000 People Online Supporter   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmpleSteak
My xbox broke my cod2 disc 2 weeks ago and i thought nothing of it because i'm rough on my games an i've had it since x-mas so it might break but then today it broke my Amped 3 disc the same exact way there is a crack right where it shows the xbox 360 symbol is (where the big hole is where you can fit your finger through) well anyway i won't be getting an xbox 360 for 2 weeks so if your on my list don't delete me if i'm offline for a while.
Lmfao

i dont know why but that bit made me laugh!

Apperently this knd of damage is because of the boxes rather than the 360 boxes with the "ying yang" disc holder are ok but the ones that you need to really press your disk over will, with time weaken the disks (thats what i heard anyway)
Old 03-29-2006, 12:08 PM   #8
aZTEKv2

Send a message via AIM to aZTEKv2 Send a message via Yahoo to aZTEKv2

aZTEKv2's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by graf1k
Call MS like I said. Maybe you'll get lucky and they won't notice the warranty has run out. Either that or call and purchase the extended warranty, wait a few days, and then call back and complain about this.
great tip,

actually, even though its only supposed to be a 90 day warranty for consoles, many which were purchased back in nov 05 have warranty till july of this year, so if you havent called yet its worth a shot.

it sux that ms wont replace the discs, at first they did, but after so many people had this issue, if its not a MS title [kameo , PGR3, PD0] then they can't replace it and you have to deal it up with the retailer =[

supposedly most [not all] of the time, its because the console is moved, whether its re-positioned from horizontal pos to vertical, vice versa OR just moved a bit of inches for X reason the disc is running at 12X and gets out of the disc tray slot and bounces to the point where it scratches it.... then again it doesnt have that little snapping mechanism like the laptops spindle... so its bound to move with little console movement.

good luck ! ^__^

Computer games don't affect kids, I mean if Pac Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching pills and listening to repetitive music.
_Marcus Brigstocke

C'est
moi.
Current Games.
aZTEKv2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 12:25 PM   #9
cw shadow

cw shadow's Gamercard
my xbox broke too, and now i finally have a new theory:

do u guys play with a big subwoofer? cause i do, and all my games damaged, when i played too loud. need for speed split into peaces (got a new one from ea) and pdz and halo 2 now have some big scratches on it.
maybe my subwoofer shook the box too much... sucks a lot!
cw shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 03:40 AM   #10
TimidKillah

TimidKillah's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by P1NSEEKER

Apperently this knd of damage is because of the boxes rather than the 360 boxes with the "ying yang" disc holder are ok but the ones that you need to really press your disk over will, with time weaken the disks (thats what i heard anyway)
This is exactly how my RR6 disc broke. Extended sessions heated the disc then when I took it out of the 360 to put back in the cover, the center hole couldn't handle the stress. RMA'd back to namco. They said 2-6weeks to replace... ouch!
TimidKillah is offline   Reply With Quote