PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Fighting > BlazBlue: Continuum Shift
Subscribe    Donate

Old 07-26-2010, 04:45 PM   #1
AZNg0d104

AZNg0d104's Gamercard
United States Limited Edition.

Does anyone know anything about the release of a United States Limited Edition for Blazblue: Continuum Shift?

I've searched google and all I've seen are Japanese releases only. There aren't much topics in the forum too. I really want the Noel Vermillion Nendoroid.

Any information about Limited Edition should be posted here for all the gamers to see, please.

Thank you!
"Lesson learned: Limited time achievements are horrible."
AZNg0d104 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 05:20 PM   #2
Taiyz

Taiyz's Gamercard
There is no Limited Edition outisde of Japan. We just get a cheaper retail price.

Aksys seems to be planning on selling the Nendoroids on their website, but they only ship to the US.

Taiyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 06:38 PM   #3
AZNg0d104

AZNg0d104's Gamercard
So that would mean, I could just get the cheaper Retail Full game and then have my Noel Nendoroid delivered to me. I live in the United States.

Edit: What happens if I order the Japanese Version of Blazblue: Continuum Shift; Limited Edition from Play - Asia? Will I be able to play it on my Xbox 360? Is there an option of English subtitle on the Japanese disc?

Last edited by AZNg0d104; 07-26-2010 at 06:58 PM.
Old 07-26-2010, 07:18 PM   #4
SideDish120

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Silver   Road Map - Silver   Referrals - Bronze   Submit - Silver   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZNg0d104 View Post
So that would mean, I could just get the cheaper Retail Full game and then have my Noel Nendoroid delivered to me. I live in the United States.

Edit: What happens if I order the Japanese Version of Blazblue: Continuum Shift; Limited Edition from Play - Asia? Will I be able to play it on my Xbox 360? Is there an option of English subtitle on the Japanese disc?
The game is region locked to NTSC-J. Us consoles can only play NTSC, Europe plays on the PAL region. You would need to have a japanese imported xbox 360 to play the copy of blazblue. The only thing that the PS3 has that the 360 doesn't. No region coding. So you can play any game from anywhere you buy it and play it on your ps3. I'm just really annoyed how they still do region locks..
SideDish120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 07:29 PM   #5
AZNg0d104

AZNg0d104's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by SideDish120 View Post
The game is region locked to NTSC-J. Us consoles can only play NTSC, Europe plays on the PAL region. You would need to have a japanese imported xbox 360 to play the copy of blazblue. The only thing that the PS3 has that the 360 doesn't. No region coding. So you can play any game from anywhere you buy it and play it on your ps3. I'm just really annoyed how they still do region locks..
Awhh, that's not cool. So I'm better off with my first choice then? Buying the North American Retail Game at $40.00 then buying the Noel Nendoroid? But the downside, I won't get the Artbook and everything else the Limited Edition offers.

Correct?

Edit: I'm hoping that there will be no such thing as Region locks for future Xbox and Microsoft products. I'm sure you guys will too. TT-TT

Last edited by AZNg0d104; 07-26-2010 at 07:31 PM.
Old 07-27-2010, 02:59 AM   #6
Agent JFG

Send a message via Skype™ to Agent JFG

Sunbro Joe's Gamercard
Quote:
Awhh, that's not cool. So I'm better off with my first choice then? Buying the North American Retail Game at $40.00 then buying the Noel Nendoroid? But the downside, I won't get the Artbook and everything else the Limited Edition offers.

Correct?

Edit: I'm hoping that there will be no such thing as Region locks for future Xbox and Microsoft products. I'm sure you guys will too. TT-TT
Absolutely. Playstation has it down with Region Free games. It would be cool to see Microsoft do the same but personally, I doubt they ever will. That's cool though that you can get the Noel nendoroid separately. Any idea how much that costs?
Agent JFG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 03:03 AM   #7
AZNg0d104

AZNg0d104's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent JFG View Post
Absolutely. Playstation has it down with Region Free games. It would be cool to see Microsoft do the same but personally, I doubt they ever will. That's cool though that you can get the Noel nendoroid separately. Any idea how much that costs?
I don't know. As stated above, it might be sold at the Aksys store. It should cost nothing more than $60. $30 - $45 seems about right.

Is there any hope of United States of getting a Limited Edition with same contents? Or maybe a Limited Edition with different, BETTER, contents? I sure hope so. I might not pick this up tomorrow if they do come out with one.
Old 07-27-2010, 07:07 AM   #8
Taiyz

Taiyz's Gamercard
Actually there was a planned American limited edition that Aksys apparently spoke about at Anime Expo but it was completely different from Japan's. It was basically a collection of Hazama cosplay items. Hat, tie and those palm-strap gloves or whatever he's got, and it was gonna be like 100 bucks.

Either way, Aksys is pretty decent about securing some nice content for BlazBlue. They localized a book of 4koma strips and put that in their store, for example. I'd expect that some nice goodies are on the way.

I don't see them making an LE after the game has been released, just selling separated content in their online store.

Taiyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 02:16 PM   #9
AZNg0d104

AZNg0d104's Gamercard
Gahh, either way, I still have to get the Nendoroid online. Rawr.

The Hazama does seem legit though. Are they still making it? And the 4koma thing, what're are they? Just something brought to the Aksys store, I suppose?
Old 07-27-2010, 03:05 PM   #10
FoxGuy3001

FoxGuy3001's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiyz View Post
It was basically a collection of Hazama cosplay items. Hat, tie and those palm-strap gloves or whatever he's got, and it was gonna be like 100 bucks.
I demand this! First person to make a working time machine better fix this injustice.
Old 07-27-2010, 10:36 PM   #11
ParoXyzm

paroXyzm's Gamercard
I would love to purchase that Nendoroid... I've got all the Limited Editions that Aksys has been able to throw at me for the 360... I feel swindled T_T

ParoXyzm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 11:08 PM   #12
AZNg0d104

AZNg0d104's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParoXyzm View Post
I would love to purchase that Nendoroid... I've got all the Limited Editions that Aksys has been able to throw at me for the 360... I feel swindled T_T
Oh, might you share your collection? I would like to know.
Old 07-28-2010, 04:52 AM   #13
DreddPirate Rob

Send a message via AIM to DreddPirate Rob Send a message via MSN to DreddPirate Rob Send a message via Yahoo to DreddPirate Rob

DreddPirate Rob's Gamercard
Am I right to assume the Nendoroid probably costs $30-$40?

HENSHIN!!

Sig by Nozza x360a
Φ
DreddPirate Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 03:53 PM   #14
AZNg0d104

AZNg0d104's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreddPirate Rob View Post
Am I right to assume the Nendoroid probably costs $30-$40?
Usually. But I see a Konata Nendoroid of Lucky Star on Amazon for $8.99. Is that worth it? Hehe.
Old 07-28-2010, 10:54 PM   #15
ParoXyzm

paroXyzm's Gamercard
Quote:
Oh, might you share your collection? I would like to know.
Do you mean which Aksys LEs I own?

If that is the case...

Blazblue Calamity Trigger LE (Soundtrack + Tut DVD)
Record of Agarest War Naughty Edition (Oppai Mousepad + Soundtrack)
Deathsmiles LE - Only had 1 at the store (Faceplate + Soundtrack)

Going to get Blazblue Continuum Shift sometime next week if my stores decide to stock more than 1 of these "under-the-radar" Japanese games. Too bad I don't get a Nendoroid... That would beat all the other LE's by far.

Edit: That horror VN "999" also looks pretty cool. I might grab that. Do you think the Deathsmiles gamerpics would be worth the coin? I mean, I hate it when they don't give you a preview before you buy. Still have around 600 points when I went to Japan...

As well I don't really see the Nendoroid being merely $30-40. That price usually encompasses the lower-end figurines; if you want high-quality ones they can easily go as high as $70+. That being said, the Nendoroid would probably be somewhere in the middle, around $40-50 because of the number of hungry foreign otaku fans who want what they weren't allowed to have. The demand for them should spike and as such, people can sell them for more than they are worth. As of now, they are going for $75 on eBay, but that should even out.

Last edited by ParoXyzm; 07-28-2010 at 11:15 PM.
Old 07-29-2010, 01:47 AM   #16
AZNg0d104

AZNg0d104's Gamercard
Quote:
Do you mean which Aksys LEs I own?

If that is the case...

Blazblue Calamity Trigger LE (Soundtrack + Tut DVD)
Record of Agarest War Naughty Edition (Oppai Mousepad + Soundtrack)
Deathsmiles LE - Only had 1 at the store (Faceplate + Soundtrack)

Going to get Blazblue Continuum Shift sometime next week if my stores decide to stock more than 1 of these "under-the-radar" Japanese games. Too bad I don't get a Nendoroid... That would beat all the other LE's by far.

Edit: That horror VN "999" also looks pretty cool. I might grab that. Do you think the Deathsmiles gamerpics would be worth the coin? I mean, I hate it when they don't give you a preview before you buy. Still have around 600 points when I went to Japan...

As well I don't really see the Nendoroid being merely $30-40. That price usually encompasses the lower-end figurines; if you want high-quality ones they can easily go as high as $70+. That being said, the Nendoroid would probably be somewhere in the middle, around $40-50 because of the number of hungry foreign otaku fans who want what they weren't allowed to have. The demand for them should spike and as such, people can sell them for more than they are worth. As of now, they are going for $75 on eBay, but that should even out.
The Bold = Agreed/Pretty chill.
The Bold/Italics = I don't know what they are. (Horror VN.)
The Underlined = Wtf? Not chill.

Time to do some research!

I hope that Naughty Edition is the same as a regular old, Limited Edition at Gamestop. The Link can be found HERE, to get a visual of what I'm talking about.
Old 07-29-2010, 03:49 AM   #17
East1999Eternal

East1999Eternal's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
I hope that Naughty Edition is the same as a regular old, Limited Edition at Gamestop. The Link can be found HERE, to get a visual of what I'm talking about.
The Gamestop edition IS "The Really Naughty Limited Edition", which I can confirm cause it's sitting on my shelf now
Old 07-29-2010, 04:26 AM   #18
royzoga

Send a message via AIM to royzoga

royzoga's Gamercard
OMG Agarest is fun, but I feel like no one ever has more than like 10 achievements in that game... If you wanna help me message me...
royzoga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 01:25 PM   #19
ParoXyzm

paroXyzm's Gamercard
Quote:
The Bold = Agreed/Pretty chill.
The Bold/Italics = I don't know what they are. (Horror VN.)
The Underlined = Wtf? Not chill.

Time to do some research!

A horror VN is a visual novel (VN) whose genre is horror. If you aren't sure of what a VN is, it's what most foreigners consider "hentai games" even though they couldn't be more wrong... Sure many VNs have "hentai", but the gameplay style is what makes it unique and the fact that there really isn't much actual gameplay in the first place. You choose your destiny through many different situations and you read what happens collecting CG scenes and in some cases, improving relationships. Agarest of War is a strategy/tactics game with VN components.

Aksys seems to be taking a big step in my opinion as much of the western market of close-minded gamers don't seem to like this type of game ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by royzoga View Post
OMG Agarest is fun, but I feel like no one ever has more than like 10 achievements in that game... If you wanna help me message me...
Lol, got my tenth achievement in that game yesterday. Got way more to come

Last edited by ParoXyzm; 07-29-2010 at 01:30 PM.
Old 07-29-2010, 02:28 PM   #20
AZNg0d104

AZNg0d104's Gamercard
Quote:
A horror VN is a visual novel (VN) whose genre is horror. If you aren't sure of what a VN is, it's what most foreigners consider "hentai games" even though they couldn't be more wrong... Sure many VNs have "hentai", but the gameplay style is what makes it unique and the fact that there really isn't much actual gameplay in the first place. You choose your destiny through many different situations and you read what happens collecting CG scenes and in some cases, improving relationships. Agarest of War is a strategy/tactics game with VN components.

Aksys seems to be taking a big step in my opinion as much of the western market of close-minded gamers don't seem to like this type of game ...
Sounds like fun! So that, '999,' game, that's in United States too? I just like Fighting games. Fighting games are love to me. I have one Aksys games on Xbox 360, (Blazblue: Calamity Trigger), and one on the DSi. (Trauma Center: Under the Knife.) Hoping to get Continuum Shift soon! Hope Best Buy puts it as a Gamer's Club Reward!

Quote:
Lol, got my tenth achievement in that game yesterday. Got way more to come
Seems like Record of Agarest War is a hard game to get achievements in? It looks like it plays like Fire Emblem.
Old 07-29-2010, 03:13 PM   #21
Nei Debrusc

agundamdownhere's Gamercard
Quote:
Seems like Record of Agarest War is a hard game to get achievements in? It looks like it plays like Fire Emblem.
Agarest War doesn't have many difficult achievements, but it has very time-consuming ones. Marrying different women to continue your lineage, collecting all of something or other, and other ones where you really have to put in the hours. That's all right, though, because I love the game.

Continuum Shift is really fun so far. Just as rage-inducing as CT and just as rewarding after you unlock whatever you're after. It saddens me that there is no LE, because I missed out on CT's LE. As a collector, I just love accumulating merchandise for whatever I'm hooked on at the time, so I would love to get my hands on some BlazBlue stuff. Especially Noel, because Noel is love.
4.29.2012 - 4000th achievement: Settlement Savior, Iron Brigade

You game for your reason, and I'll game for mine.
Nei Debrusc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 08:55 PM   #22
ParoXyzm

paroXyzm's Gamercard
Quote:
Sounds like fun! So that, '999,' game, that's in United States too? I just like Fighting games. Fighting games are love to me. I have one Aksys games on Xbox 360, (Blazblue: Calamity Trigger), and one on the DSi. (Trauma Center: Under the Knife.) Hoping to get Continuum Shift soon! Hope Best Buy puts it as a Gamer's Club Reward!

Yes 999 is coming out in the States. Trauma Center is actually Atlus, not Aksys. Atlus is one of my favorites as well because of their Persona (SMT) series as well as Trauma Center.

Agarest is as Nei Debrusc said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nei Debrusc View Post
Agarest War doesn't have many difficult achievements, but it has very time-consuming ones. Marrying different women to continue your lineage, collecting all of something or other, and other ones where you really have to put in the hours. That's all right, though, because I love the game.

Continuum Shift is really fun so far. Just as rage-inducing as CT and just as rewarding after you unlock whatever you're after. It saddens me that there is no LE, because I missed out on CT's LE. As a collector, I just love accumulating merchandise for whatever I'm hooked on at the time, so I would love to get my hands on some BlazBlue stuff. Especially Noel, because Noel is love.
I second that.

Old 07-29-2010, 09:06 PM   #23
AZNg0d104

AZNg0d104's Gamercard
Quote:
Yes 999 is coming out in the States. Trauma Center is actually Atlus, not Aksys. Atlus is one of my favorites as well because of their Persona (SMT) series as well as Trauma Center.

Agarest is as Nei Debrusc said.
Oops. Sorry, my mistake. I remembered Trauma Center being developed by a company starting with, 'A,' the same as Aksys. :S
Old 08-02-2010, 05:48 PM   #24
Schism

Schism Octopus's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
ummmm i think there is another limited edition. just saw it now. link--->http://kotaku.com/5602351/blazblue-c...ions-in-europe Its region locked as well. So basically, for US players, only good for the ps3. Some nice things in that set...might get it on my ps3
Old 08-03-2010, 01:15 AM   #25
ParoXyzm

paroXyzm's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schism View Post
ummmm i think there is another limited edition. just saw it now. link--->http://kotaku.com/5602351/blazblue-c...ions-in-europe Its region locked as well. So basically, for US players, only good for the ps3. Some nice things in that set...might get it on my ps3
Well the publisher in Europe is different than Aksys (NA). I believe Aksys already confirmed that there won't be any LE for us America/Canadians.

Such a shame.

Old 08-03-2010, 03:14 AM   #26
East1999Eternal

East1999Eternal's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schism View Post
That's pretty sweet. If I had a spare $100 lying around I would but unfortunately Halo: Reach is getting it.
Old 08-03-2010, 12:53 PM   #27
eurytomid

eurytomid's Gamercard
We are not getting a LE, darn I missed out on CT's LE edition
eurytomid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 06:31 PM   #28
Azure Grimalkin

Azure Grimalkin's Gamercard
hmm i might just have to buy the europeon edition that art book is awesome
Azure Grimalkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 07:38 PM   #29
AZNg0d104

AZNg0d104's Gamercard
I just want the Noel Nendoroid. Is it up on Amazon yet?