Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion > Music
Subscribe    Donate

Old 07-27-2010, 07:45 PM   #1
AdamTheCrusade

AdamTheCrusade's Gamercard
Avenged Sevenfold - Nightmare tour UK

Just curious as to if anyone from here's going? i live near leeds and was planning to go to the O2 academy to see them, but the tickets sold out within days, so im headed to manchester instead. Theyre one of my favourite bands ever, so i didnt care how much tickets were. for those interested who havent heard about it, the gigs are in november and cost around £30. if you havent even heard of the band, youtube them seriously, one of the best bands ever.
AdamTheCrusade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 07:47 PM   #2
xXxDArKtOrNxXx

Send a message via AIM to xXxDArKtOrNxXx Send a message via Yahoo to xXxDArKtOrNxXx

Deh Q's Gamercard
well i live in the us and looking at all the tour dates they are when i have school so i might have to go travel out of US to see a concert when im on break but the album is amazing dont you think whats ur favorite song?
Old 07-27-2010, 08:09 PM   #3
AdamTheCrusade

AdamTheCrusade's Gamercard
ahhhh damn. im not sure really, i love this new album but i dont think its their best. i really like welcome to the family though. you?
AdamTheCrusade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 08:28 PM   #4
Tussell

Send a message via AIM to Tussell Send a message via MSN to Tussell

tussell's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Referrals - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   10,000 posts   Donator - Level 3   A+ Thread Award   Call of Duty 4 Subscribers Tournament - Winner   Word of Mouth   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
One of the best bands ever? You make me chuckle!
Old 07-27-2010, 08:33 PM   #5
JohnnyR74

AbsolutioN IX's Gamercard
I'll be going with my friend to one of the Canadian dates in Toronto in late August, it's going to be amazing. Just finished listening to the new album, I thought it was pretty good, definitely a great tribute to The Rev.

JohnnyR74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 11:29 PM   #6
DropDeadArtemus

DropDeadArtemus's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
I live in the US so I'm going to the show in Atlanta, GA. Backstage passes were only $175. I am really happy with the new album. Fiction is my favorite song, by far. Being a drummer myself, I really look up to Jimmy as a musician and a person. He will definitely be missed.

DropDeadArtemus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 06:57 AM   #7
ThunderStorm101

Send a message via MSN to ThunderStorm101

ThunderStorm101's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Im going to the Hammersmith Appollo date on 30th October, and the day after on the 31st at hammersmith also :P

And if ur only going for A7X, go listen to some stone sour, they are pretty awesome live
Old 07-28-2010, 06:50 PM   #8
EliteShadowMan

EliteShadowMan's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tussell View Post
well actually they would be one of the best bands...so yeah but its about personal preference but they are better than the majority of bands now days
EliteShadowMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 07:11 PM   #9
Tussell

tussell's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Referrals - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   10,000 posts   Donator - Level 3   A+ Thread Award   Call of Duty 4 Subscribers Tournament - Winner   Word of Mouth   Submit - Bronze
Quote:
Originally Posted by EliteShadowMan View Post
well actually they would be one of the best bands...so yeah but its about personal preference but they are better than the majority of bands now days
I laughed so hard I almost fell off my dinosaur. Their only good songs came from their initial two releases, Sounding the Seventh Trumpet and Waking The Fallen. Everything including City of Evil and after, is seriously some of the most cliché metal music I've ever heard.

GOOD A7X

BAD A7X

Coming Soon, Nightmare
Old 07-28-2010, 09:28 PM   #10
Burning Karma

Send a message via MSN to Burning Karma

Burning Karma's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   Over Achiever - Bronze   2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
I laughed so hard I almost fell off my dinosaur.
What're you riding? A triceratops? Maybe a T-Rex? Or are you a speed guy, riding a Velociraptor?

Anywho, not in the UK, but I'll be seeing them on Uproar on September 1st.

"Lived, lives, will live."
"Died, dies, will die."
Burning Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 04:09 AM   #11
EliteShadowMan

EliteShadowMan's Gamercard

Quote:
I laughed so hard I almost fell off my dinosaur. Their only good songs came from their initial two releases, Sounding the Seventh Trumpet and Waking The Fallen. Everything including City of Evil and after, is seriously some of the most cliché metal music I've ever heard.

GOOD A7X

YouTube- Avenged Sevenfold - Turn the Other Way

YouTube- Avenged Sevenfold - Darkness Surrounding

YouTube- Avenged Sevenfold - Unholy Confessions (With Lyrics!!!)

BAD A7X

Coming Soon, Nightmare
then wtf are u doing in this thread homo? get the hell out and go listen to ur emo songs i could care less, if u really think songs like A little Piece of heaven, Afterlife, The Wicked End, Blinded in chains, Burn it Down and a lot other songs are bad then ur garbage.

Oh and BTW nightmares already out so its not "coming soon" and that CD is decent
EliteShadowMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 04:15 AM   #12
Tussell

tussell's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by EliteShadowMan View Post
then wtf are u doing in this thread homo? get the hell out and go listen to ur emo songs i could care less, if u really think songs like A little Piece of heaven, Afterlife, The Wicked End, Blinded in chains, Burn it Down and a lot other songs are bad then ur garbage.

Oh and BTW nightmares already out so its not "coming soon" and that CD is decent

What do you mean what am I doing in this thread? I'm posting my opinion on their new music, and their music career in general. I thought it made sense, considering it's a thread about Avenged Sevenfold.
Old 07-29-2010, 04:22 AM   #13
Gorilla Stomper

Quote:
Seconded. I giggled quite a bit.
Old 07-29-2010, 05:30 AM   #14
ZackNovak

TheMadvillain's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
I actually enjoy "Nightmare", much so that I may see them at Uproar. Mike Portnoy is the man.

ZackNovak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 03:25 AM   #15
Young Lil Teezy

YoungFINNTeezy's Gamercard
Very disappointed with Nightmare. Never liked their singer, so I really don't like their sound, I just like them because whoever their lead guitarist is is phenomenal. THe Nightmare album definitely has more in line of awesome guitar than their last album, so I guess that's an improvement..
Young Lil Teezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 03:39 AM   #16
Burning Karma

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   Over Achiever - Bronze   2,500 Posts
Quote:
[Words not related to answering my dino related question]
Way to not answer my question, Tussell.

"Died, dies, will die."
Old 07-30-2010, 05:37 AM   #17
Tussell

tussell's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saiyu View Post
Way to not answer my question, Tussell.
Definitely Velociraptor.
Old 07-30-2010, 07:31 AM   #18
SynysterChris

Send a message via MSN to SynysterChris

SynysterChris's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Saw them back in 2006 at meet them. They are cool guys very nice down to earth people. But this new album sounds kinda like there last album. Not bad but I was looking for something a bit different, harder is what I was looking for. Still awesome A7X though, and they are my favorite band.
SynysterChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 09:36 PM   #19
Mr Deftino

Mr Deftino's Gamercard
Got my tickets in a Pre-Sale for the Newcastle 02 academy. Personally couldn't give a fuck if Stone Sour got raped by chinchillas but I am greatly looking forward to Avenged. I find it hilarious how on my ticket it just says "Avenged Sevenfold &". There's no mention of Stone Sour anywhere on the ticket lol.

Completed Retail: COD4, Oblivion (1250), Assassin's Creed, Assassin's Creed 2, Harry Potter OOTP, Harry Potter HBP, Fallout 3 (1000), Tomb Raider Underworld (1000), L.A. Noire (1400), Captain America: Super Soldier, Iron Man 2, The Amazing Spider-Man, Mafia II (1000), Saints Row: The Third (1000), LEGO Harry Potter 1-4

Completed Arcade: Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World (250)
Mr Deftino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 09:48 PM   #20
Glaeden
Banned User

IllusionS IX's Gamercard
Avenged Sevenfold is probably my favorite band, I'll be seeing them sometime in August. In my opinion, they are better than Eminem, Tech F**kers, Lil Wyte, NOFX, or the Misfits, thanks for having shitty music in your Last.FM.
Glaeden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 07:15 AM   #21
Tussell

tussell's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glaeden View Post
Avenged Sevenfold is probably my favorite band, I'll be seeing them sometime in August. In my opinion, they are better than Eminem, Tech F**kers, Lil Wyte, NOFX, or the Misfits, thanks for having shitty music in your Last.FM.
Says the guy whose favorite band is Avenged Sevenfold.

What I find extremely funny, is I'm not even saying they're a shitty band. I have all their CD's up to and including City of Evil. I supported them when they released Waking the Fallen, and still very much enjoy Sounding The Seventh Trumpet and Waking the Fallen.

I'm really glad you've taken time out of your day to spam my visitors message. I spent my entire day at Mayhem Fest. Makes me really wish I was sitting on my ass trolling you all day instead.
Old 07-31-2010, 07:30 AM   #22
Tussell

tussell's Gamercard

When Nightmare hit the charts (which it fucking shouldn't have), 160 to 170 thousand 16 year old’s flocked to their nearest electronic retailer to buy the album. Yes, Avenged Sevenfold really have captured the hearts of the American Teen Girl. Its no surprise though, considering their Johnny Depp-Cross platform TRL fanbase. The Rev sure as hell didn’t die in vein, the band’s marketed his death to the best of their ability and in the end, it's going to pay off. One thing is for sure, whether the band sells 170 copies or 170 thousand copies, they still fucking suck.

I also find it extremely funny that your last attack was putting BURN IN HELL JUSTIN JOHN KREML. I can't wait until your best friend commits suicide.

/thread

Last edited by Tussell; 07-31-2010 at 03:16 PM.
Tussell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 09:06 AM   #23
v_thorne

Verkolac Thorne's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Word of Mouth   A+ Thread Award   Gamer Chick!
LOL

A7X. One of the best bands in the world. Oh good god, what has metal come to.

They were unfortunantly at Heavy MTL last weekend. I didn't go to their stage, but while waiting for a real band like Lamb of God to play I heard them on the next stage over. Lord A7X are horrible live.

It's okay, little dude. You go play in the kiddie pool while me and Tussell hit up the mosh pit (That real bands can get started, unlike A7X) and break some faces.

By the way, Glaeden. You're just an immature little prick. Come back when you grow up, and the only troll here is you. Seeing as Tuss and I have been around for fucking ages, banging fuckers like you out of threads.

This is my welcoming back post

Last edited by v_thorne; 07-31-2010 at 09:09 AM.
v_thorne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 01:14 PM   #24
oDrPepper

SolidaritY IX's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   1,000 Posts
People have opinions, fucking deal with it. You don't have to flaunt your inflated ego around the forums to be a dick to everyone who has a different opinion to you, Tussell.
oDrPepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 03:57 PM   #25
Burning Karma

Quite the bitchfest this thread turned into. Good to know people are still tolerant of others' opinions here on this thing I like to call the internet.

This entire thread reminds me of the comments section of Blabbermouth. C'mon, x360a, you're better, much better, than that.

"Died, dies, will die."

Last edited by Burning Karma; 07-31-2010 at 04:02 PM.
Old 07-31-2010, 04:24 PM   #26
VladimirK

VladimirK's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Personally I can't stand A7X, yeah, yeah, just my opinion.
However, I would love to go and see Stonesour, just a pity it isn't A7X supporting them and I would have just shown up late to the gig.

As for the debate above, click the Youtube link in V_Thornes' sig, that really has some awesome bands in it.
Old 07-31-2010, 04:54 PM   #27
v_thorne

Verkolac Thorne's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Word of Mouth   A+ Thread Award   Gamer Chick!
Quote:
Originally Posted by VladimirK View Post
Personally I can't stand A7X, yeah, yeah, just my opinion.
However, I would love to go and see Stonesour, just a pity it isn't A7X supporting them and I would have just shown up late to the gig.

As for the debate above, click the Youtube link in V_Thornes' sig, that really has some awesome bands in it.
Thanks, I made that channel myself
v_thorne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 08:01 PM   #28
animeaddict42

Ryouza's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glaeden View Post
Dude, please shut the fuck up. The fact that you trolled his profile because of his differing musical taste and posted this very stupid attack post isn't gonna solve anything. You make A7X fans look like immature retards.
Quote:
When Nightmare hit the charts (which it fucking shouldn't have), 160 to 170 thousand 16 year old’s flocked to their nearest electronic retailer to buy the album. Yes, Avenged Sevenfold really have captured the hearts of the American Teen Girl. Its no surprise though, considering their Johnny Depp-Cross platform TRL fanbase. The Rev sure as hell didn’t die in vein, the band’s marketed his death to the best of their ability and in the end, it's going to pay off. One thing is for sure, whether the band sells 170 copies or 170 thousand copies, they still fucking suck.

I also find it extremely funny that your last attack was putting BURN IN HELL JUSTIN JOHN KREML. I can't wait until your best friend commits suicide.

/thread
I hope that you are just saying stuff like that to piss off that one kid and don't really think that they marketed their best friend's death and try to appeal to the teenage girl population to get popular.
Quote:
Originally Posted by v_thorne View Post
LOL

A7X. One of the best bands in the world. Oh good god, what has metal come to.

They were unfortunantly at Heavy MTL last weekend. I didn't go to their stage, but while waiting for a real band like Lamb of God to play I heard them on the next stage over. Lord A7X are horrible live.

It's okay, little dude. You go play in the kiddie pool while me and Tussell hit up the mosh pit (That real bands can get started, unlike A7X) and break some faces.

By the way, Glaeden. You're just an immature little prick. Come back when you grow up, and the only troll here is you. Seeing as Tuss and I have been around for fucking ages, banging fuckers like you out of threads.

This is my welcoming back post
There is really no need for the stereotypical patronizing "go back to your kiddie pool" bullshit that I've seen in way too many music threads around the web. Musical taste is opinionated, as anyone who has ever been on a music forum (such as yourself) should know. And I don't remember starting a mosh pit as a qualifier to be a "real band".

As for them live, I thought they were pretty good from the YouTube vids I saw, especially for a first show back with a new drummer.

Now, ON TOPIC, I'm not going to the UK tour, seeing as I live in the US, but I am definitely hitting up the Uproar Festival, it is gonna be amazing! Can't wait to hear Welcome to the Family and Unholy Confessions live (they didn't play UC the last time I saw them >.>). Stone Sour, Disturbed, and HellYeah are a nice little bonus.

Rock Band Expert Multi-Instrumentalist
200+ DLC
Always looking for good Expert players to jam with
animeaddict42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 08:52 PM   #29
Tussell

tussell's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by animeaddict42 View Post
I hope that you are just saying stuff like that to piss off that one kid and don't really think that they marketed their best friend's death and try to appeal to the teenage girl population to get popular.
I'm actually very serious. A lot of bands do it. We have yet to see Slipknot do it though. I mean hell, look at Nirvana. Kurt Cobain's death was the best thing to happen to Nirvana.
Old 08-02-2010, 01:36 AM   #30
Burning Karma

Quote:
I'm actually very serious. A lot of bands do it. We have yet to see Slipknot do it though. I mean hell, look at Nirvana. Kurt Cobain's death was the best thing to happen to Nirvana.
Yet being the key term there. I'm sure it'll happen, whether Slipknot do it themselves or their record label (Roadrunner, I believe) does it.

"Died, dies, will die."