Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Turok
Subscribe    Donate

Old 08-06-2010, 09:29 PM   #1
enilson

s1x demon bag's Gamercard
Need help with Giant Spider Tank

So the Spider Tank comes (this is just after beating the T-Rex and getting that achievement) and I grab the rocket launcher as instructed. I shoot the spider tank with the one shot it has, as instructed. And then it tells me to go back to the wreckage to get more RPG ammo. However, the Spider Tank is still there and every time I run out to get more RPG ammo the Spider Tank kills me.

Is there a trick I'm missing - I've replayed this at least 10 times with the same result.
enilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 09:42 PM   #2
StumblesMcGee

StumblesMcGee's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by enilson View Post
So the Spider Tank comes (this is just after beating the T-Rex and getting that achievement) and I grab the rocket launcher as instructed. I shoot the spider tank with the one shot it has, as instructed. And then it tells me to go back to the wreckage to get more RPG ammo. However, the Spider Tank is still there and every time I run out to get more RPG ammo the Spider Tank kills me.

Is there a trick I'm missing - I've replayed this at least 10 times with the same result.

This is an excerpt from Berserker's guide on GameFaqs.com
Quote:
Don't go back just yet. Be sure to grab the ORO RedFist RPG (rocket launcher) from the dead MG soldier in the open area where the soldiers were at since you will need it in a moment. Return to the Crash Site.

While returning to the Crash Site a Spider Tank will appear next to the rock wall outside. Right when the Spider Tank appears, run directly toward the Crash Site once it moves out of the way (the area where the ammo is). You can actually arm the rocket launcher and fire a rocket at it while it moves up the hill but you only have one rocket at the moment.

-> Objective: Get RPG ammo from the Crash Site.

Try not to even let this objective pop up. Be at the Crash Site before or shortly after this objective appears and grab the rockets on the boxes inside.

-> Objective: Destroy the Spider Tank.

Stand behind the wall while the Spider Tank fires its cannon. The primary fire of the rocket launcher will shoot a rocket normally and the secondary fire will cause an eye piece to move out of the side of the rocket launcher and allow you to home in on a target. Either way of firing is suitable for taking down the Spider Tank - the lock-on will save you the trouble of aiming though. Step out from behind the wall then aim and fire at but be sure to jump back to the side (jump sideways) behind the nearest wall after firing to make sure that Turok is not hit by the Spider Tank's cannon. If Turok gets hit at this part then he will be thrown off balance, so try to get behind something immediately after he is hit to make sure that he is not hit again or he will die. It will take about three rockets to finish off the Spider Tank and a cutscene will trigger once it falls.
Old 12-11-2010, 11:48 AM   #3
dave252

Thanks for that.

The last three times I have not even been able to pass that guy with the rocket launcher as he puts me on my ass and I get so disorientated because its pitch black I just die.

Absolute piece of trash game. Terrible. Just terrible.
dave252 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 02:01 PM   #4
desertpulse

desertpulse's Gamercard
I had problems here aswell.
What i did was to shoot your 1st rocket asap , then change to your knife(you move farster) and run zig-zag down to the ammo dump.Find a safe place to reload then fire , hide , reload and fire again.It should take just 3 rockets to destroy
desertpulse is offline   Reply With Quote