Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Singularity
Subscribe    Donate

Old 08-08-2010, 08:00 PM   #1
sjmleicester

Send a message via MSN to sjmleicester

Sir Simon Mally's Gamercard
Multiplayer host advantage / multiplayer gripes

It may be my imagination, but there seems to be a general consensus amongst people I've played with that there seemed to be a distinct host advantage meaning one player in every game seems to have double the number of kills of everyone else.

I also find it frustrating that although you rank up in the game there are no unlocks / specific benefits to be gained apart from being shoved in with higher ranked players.

I've done all the specific kills achievements but still need to get top scorer which keeps managing to evade me and it is becoming a bit of a slog having to play 100 public matches of execution.

Why when you play second as attackers, with other side not triggering any beacons, your team gets a beacon, surely the game should end as technically your side has won. Same if you go first at attacking and fail to trigger beacons, and the other side gets one, let the bloody game end rather than dragging out the misery.

Ps Found the single player campaign to be great fun.
sjmleicester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 08:51 PM   #2
RazerindemiX

Razer za Lazer's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjmleicester View Post
It may be my imagination, but there seems to be a general consensus amongst people I've played with that there seemed to be a distinct host advantage meaning one player in every game seems to have double the number of kills of everyone else.

I also find it frustrating that although you rank up in the game there are no unlocks / specific benefits to be gained apart from being shoved in with higher ranked players.

I've done all the specific kills achievements but still need to get top scorer which keeps managing to evade me and it is becoming a bit of a slog having to play 100 public matches of execution.

Why when you play second as attackers, with other side not triggering any beacons, your team gets a beacon, surely the game should end as technically your side has won. Same if you go first at attacking and fail to trigger beacons, and the other side gets one, let the bloody game end rather than dragging out the misery.

Ps Found the single player campaign to be great fun.
ditto mate ditto
I have only got 1/2 kills off the highest kills a couple of times of out 50 matches , think i'll get to 100 matches first
Old 08-08-2010, 10:38 PM   #3
evad

Agreed. After finally getting my 25 wins in CvS, I have to tell you that if you get into a room with a ping superior to 31, it will be extremely difficult to rack up kills and wins. ONce I found that out and only played games where my ping was around 20, I started winning and getting on average 25 kills to 4 deaths.

Try that out and hopefully it works for you. Good luck
evad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 03:44 AM   #4
D412k Kn16h7

D412k Kn16h7's Gamercard
Similar to Gears of War, the host does have a very distinct advantage. Being the host and being talented at getting kills will round you off with the most kills in mostly every game you play. However, it's not always true, I've had the most amount of kills a few times without being host, but having a low ping is fairly helpful.

100% (Without DLC / Glitched & Unattainable included):
Halo CEA/R/4,MW 1/2/3,Crysis 1/2/3,FC3,ME3,tWD,RE5,tD2,Jericho,TR:U,Deus Ex: HR,Dishonored,Term:S,C:LoS,Asura,Bayonetta,Eragon, Wolverine,PoP:TFS,Dante's Inferno,TFU 1/2,AC 1/2/Rev,Hunted,Dust,Cursed Crusade,Proto 2,LoTR Conq,Darksiders 1/2,Fable 2/3,TES 4/5,Eternal Sonata,FFXIII/-2,Sonic Racing,MatFK,Portal 2,Lego SW:CW/Indy/LotR,Spyro DotD,King Kong

D412k Kn16h7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 02:13 PM   #5
benjamouth

the Woodmeister's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I totally agree OP that the game should end if a team gets shut-out then the other team gets a beacon.

The 100 games thing is a real slog, I think I have 96 so far and will be very glad to not have to play the online anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopBadge View Post
What you people need to understand is that these guides are written by people not magic robots.
benjamouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 08:01 AM   #6
II OE II

II OE II's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
ive actually managed to be host for a few games, but i still had no advantage.. and i was still only getting half kills T_T i cant wait for this ok multiplayer to be over with >.<
II OE II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 06:46 PM   #7
no remix

anDrew o 3o's Gamercard
Another advantage: You won't be kicked for "idling". I've had at least 10 Extermination matches that didn't count after being kicked for idling near the last few seconds of the 2nd round.
no remix is offline   Reply With Quote