PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Half Life 2: The Orange Box
Subscribe    Donate

Old 01-16-2014, 06:26 PM   #1
evllmatt9

evllmatt's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Portal erasing progress?

I had done 2/6 advanced challenges, most of way through the third (all on one save) and the console froze. Booted up, loaded my only save, and when i completed the third challenge it only gives me credit for that one and erased checkmarks from first two. No cheats used, nothing. I dont understand how progress is saved unless its one sitting with zero freezes. Am i missing something?

Edit- ok now im totally confused. After completing all 6 in one go, i do one towards aperture science and net gold. All say 1/18, i save and quit take a break and go back. Even loaded it now says 0/18, yet shows my best as the gold time for the one i completed. I am completely clueless and dont want to have to complete in one go, especially in case it freezes again. Can anyone help please?

Last edited by evllmatt9; 01-16-2014 at 08:22 PM. Reason: Added info
evllmatt9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 09:44 PM   #2
evllmatt9

evllmatt's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Froze again. Lost progress- again. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated before i lose my shit and the disc is in two pieces.

Edit- Ok, I think i found a solution on a different site- apparently this one is from Valve. If anything seems to have been erased: start a new challenge, finish it, and afterwards all scores and achievement progress should not be updated and reflected. It worked for me once, we shall see if it continues to work when it inevitably freezes on me again. I guess a lack of a quick response is what i get for mopping this game up 7 years after release haha.

Last edited by evllmatt9; 01-16-2014 at 10:18 PM. Reason: Added fix.
evllmatt9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 12:13 PM   #3
shortdwarf42

shortdwarf42's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by evllmatt9 View Post
Froze again. Lost progress- again. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated before i lose my shit and the disc is in two pieces.

Edit- Ok, I think i found a solution on a different site- apparently this one is from Valve. If anything seems to have been erased: start a new challenge, finish it, and afterwards all scores and achievement progress should not be updated and reflected. It worked for me once, we shall see if it continues to work when it inevitably freezes on me again. I guess a lack of a quick response is what i get for mopping this game up 7 years after release haha.
I had the same problem, this fix helped a lot, thanks
shortdwarf42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 10:23 AM   #4
pined5551

Traveller Nick's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Here is what I and my mate have done while working through the challenges. You need an xbox live gold account to use cloud storage.

Load up a challenge and immediately press start before the doors open, save the game and press Y to choose storage location - save to cloud - then save again and choose HD - save to HD and then play the challenge and continue saving to the HD until the end. Beat the challenge.

Load up next challenge - check your progress is still visable. Then do the same as above. Save to the cloud then save to the HD and play on.

The cloud acts as an insurance save file. My mate lost his progress three times. The third one was recoverable via the cloud when he discovered this trick. I'm not saying it is impossible that they could both corrupt at the same time, but this seemed to work for him. Luckily I have not had a game deleting bug so far but I trust him when he says this worked.

If anyone does this process and it works to recover progress please double confirm here.

Last edited by pined5551; 04-13-2014 at 10:26 AM.
pined5551 is offline   Reply With Quote