PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena
Subscribe    Donate

Old 08-11-2010, 11:26 AM   #1
Fluid Mantis

Fluid Mantis's Gamercard
Angry Lost Achievements on Butcher Bay :(

I've been playing through the game on Hard. It's been tough, but I made it near to the Spaceport part, which is right near the end of the game. I got to the part where you get into the riot mech, and you have to keep going and taking down lots of riot guards. I did well enough but it got very difficult later on, and I was left with a riot mech that had one bar of health, out of about ten.

The game had been saved. As far as I was concerned there was no turning back as it was hard enough to make it as far as I could with my riot mech anyway. So, the next room. There's one guard who throws a grenade at you, one riot guard, and then a smaller kind of riot guard. I could walk in and take out the grenade-throwing guard with my tranq gun, and then double back to my riot mech and walk in, but there was no way I could take out these two guards with my measly near-destroyed riot mech.

On Hard their bullets simply did too much damage. Even if I had made it past them, there's then two or three "flamingos" I'd have had to take out, which were these skinny robots with powerful guns. In short, it seemed absolutely impossible. There's no way I could have done it without the riot mech either, as all Riddick was equipped with was a screwdriver, a club, and a tranq gun. This is a massive design flaw on Starbreeze's part and I'm really frustrated by it.

After trying about twenty times I was sort of pissed so without thinking straight I switched to Easy. What I didn't read was that I'd lose achievements. I'm gutted. I managed to just about get past that part on Easy, then bumped it back up to Hard when I was in the clear. I got a lot further in the game until I then realised it said I'd lose achievements. Now even though I'll have done 99% of the game in Hard, and 1% in Easy, I'll have lost both the Normal and Hard achievements it seems. This sucks!

If I revert back to an old checkpoint (provided I still have one that's before the riot guard part), do you think it will still let me get the Normal/Hard achievements?

Never felt so conned by a game in my life. I spent a lot of time getting through this on Hard.

/rant

Last edited by Fluid Mantis; 08-11-2010 at 11:30 AM.
Fluid Mantis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 10:04 PM   #2
Beta thorgo

Beta thorgo's Gamercard
I feel you man.. That last part was annoying but eventually you beat them and are really happy!...but the online achievments are ridiculous and immpossible!
Beta thorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 10:08 PM   #3
Beta thorgo

Beta thorgo's Gamercard
I do like the like mode online where there is one riddick in pitch black and every one else has flash lights and has to go find you!
Beta thorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 06:54 PM   #4
Fluid Mantis

Fluid Mantis's Gamercard
I need to try the online play but there never seems to be anyone online...
Old 09-02-2010, 06:00 PM   #5
Randall69

Is there someone to answer Fluid Mantis´ Question?
Maybe i got the same problem
Randall69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 11:18 PM   #6
sneakshady1990

sneakshady1990's Gamercard
I had the same problem but eventually figured out that backtracking in the the riot guard suit to the previous area made a new checkpoint. Its best to backtrack with the suit because if you repeatedly die the game refills the health of the suit slightly. Repeat for every kill.

Also if you shoot the flamingos while sitting in the doorway to the room they find it hard to shoot you but you can still shoot them. Hope this helps.

For unlocking hard im not sure if this would work but if you complete that chapter on hard then finish the last chapter on hard that may work as you can get the normal achievement after hard by just playing last checkpoint again.

Last edited by sneakshady1990; 03-04-2011 at 11:27 PM.
sneakshady1990 is offline   Reply With Quote