PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Puzzle and Word > Rez
Subscribe    Donate

Old 03-21-2008, 09:31 AM   #1
Natanji

Natanji's Gamercard
So LAME.

Okay people, I'm just really a bit pissed. After a month of abstinence or so I wanted to get back into Rez and figured I'd try beating some high scores. You know, what this game's meant to be for So I decided to download the top replays in order to do so.

And then I saw like, WTF. 1.2 million points on area 5 score attack? How the fuck is that friggin possible, I hardly get that much in assault mode?!? And I was already thinking that there must've been something fishy about it, because the overall 2nd place is something around 600k only - something that I'd call manageable for a good player anyway, yea.

Nicely enough, in this game you *can* watch replays to all the high scores. So I download and watch this replay and can't believe my eyes. Like man, this guy sucks ass at the game XD He doesn't get the enemies, he doesn't even know how to properly "headshot" the giant snake enemies. He is always on the edge of dying, spending over 80% of the area in zero form because of sucking to hard. When reaching the final boss he has like 150k points...

Yea, and then everything goes on. And now while I'm writing this, the replay still goes on. Because that guy just uses an exploit to score high. He just goes to the second stage of the real final boss, then waits until all rockets are shot out of the central part, and then with nothing at all getting shot at him, he just keeps firing at the spaceship. Scoring like 1.5k points everytime he hits it with an 8x combo. And he goes on and on and on doing just that for, yea probably for hours. So that's how in the end he'll probably also score his friggin 1.2 million points.

Well, I'm pissed, certainly. Isn't there any way to remove this sucker from the highscores? I'd say we all write complaints on XBL about him for that behaviour, but that's just me. Don't know if you agree in any way there. For me, I just lost any interest in playing area 5 score attack for too long at least... because if that replay stays on top for long enough, other people will just use the same lame tactics, too.
Old 03-23-2008, 09:19 PM   #2
Belgurth

Belgurth's Gamercard
I just checked it, it does suck. I filed a complaint for cheating. This does not show one's skill at the game, so I think it is cheating in his case.
Belgurth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 10:11 PM   #3
Natanji

Natanji's Gamercard
Yea I also filled a cheating/exploiting complaint. I don't know if it's a bug in the game or not but it hardly matters, that guy really took his time to cheat :P

What a gift it is to be able to watch all replays of the top people Really nice that they put that feature in, many games are lacking it.
Old 05-05-2008, 01:59 PM   #4
slackgir

slackGIR9's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
i understand why this upsets you, and i don't like it either, but that's the problem with some games, especially XBLA games.

a lot of the best times or highest scores are people that glitch it, or find something like this, like in the "Track & Field" game, no one can get .2 seconds on the 100 meter dash, they just time it, and when the clock resets to 0, they cross the finish line.
or "N+", where the guy doesn't even get more than a couple gold bricks, but has the highest time left on the leaderboard. or getting 9999 kills on Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 1989 arcade game.

but at the same time, can you honestly say that, in your entire life of playing video games, you've never once found a glitch that you have exploited?
for example: Missingno, 99 items in pokemon (original), wave dashing, the plasma pistol + gun combo in Halo 2, contra, picking up a hooker, and when she's done, getting out of the car and killing her to get your money back (GTA), or just any basic cheat codes in general.

i know i have, but then again, i don't do it on games with leaderboards, because if it pisses me off, i'm sure as hell not going to do it and piss other people off.

so in this case, yes i agree that it is lame, but it is an exploited glitch, and i do not believe that it is cheating.

Completed Retail (1000/1000): 5
The Simpsons, Madden NFL 06, NHL 2K6, Avatar, LEGO Indiana Jones

Completed Arcade (200/200): 5
Crystal Quest, Rez HD, Banjo-Kazooie, Dash of Destruction, The Maw

Working on (Retail):
Marvel: Ultimate Alliance
NHL 07

Working on (Arcade):
Big Bumpin
Castle Crashers

Last edited by slackgir; 06-14-2008 at 05:33 PM. Reason: i forgot to put in the point of my post at the end, and to correct some grammatical errors.
slackgir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 08:56 AM   #5
Kaens

Send a message via AIM to Kaens Send a message via MSN to Kaens

kaens's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Platinum   Referrals - Bronze   Donator - Level 5   1,000 Posts   Bright Idea   NBA Live 1000 People Online Supporter
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
Personally I agree that it's lame & cheesy, but it's not cheating.
Old 07-01-2008, 12:06 AM   #6
HawkinsT

Just look at "time played" and you can tell who's a cheating whore (1st, 2nd and 7th atm), it's pretty much impossible to spend more than 30 minutes on this level I think - I wish they would fix this (not sure if they can), but I'm sure it's the reason why no one plays this level (I'm sure no one plays it as I'm 8th on the leaderboards and did that I think the day the game came out). In this case the replay feature is a bit bad as well - it lets people see the exploit so they can then be just as lame and use it themselves.
HawkinsT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 09:51 AM   #7
Aussie Rage

Aussie rage's Gamercard
I AGREE ASWEL, i have better times on N+ than some of the top replays but the time on the leaders board is different to the replay time.
Aussie Rage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 05:44 PM   #8
realshinobi

Bourne Shinobi's Gamercard
He wasnt cheating.