PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Gears of War 2
Subscribe    Donate

Old 08-16-2010, 10:20 AM   #1
Tyger7
Moderator and Guide Staff

Send a message via AIM to Tyger7 Send a message via MSN to Tyger7 Send a message via Yahoo to Tyger7 Send a message via Skype™ to Tyger7

tyger7's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Gold   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   5,000 Posts   Submit - Silver   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - Tyger7   The Helping Hand   Referrals - Silver   Road Map - Diamond   Achievement Guide - Diamond   Staff - Collectibles Guide Team   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 17 (more» ...)
Seriously 2.0 Effortless/Easy Way

About:

There are probably a lot of threads discussing the best ways to get this achievement. I tried them all, and everything was taking forever. So I figured out a really easy way to get this...not being at the controller at all.

How:

You must use a turbo controller. The one that works (and the only one I tested) is the Horipad Turbo EX2. The main reason this worked was because the analogue sensativity was able to be reduced. I am not sure how other turbo controllers would work out. You can purchase the controller on Amaon.com.

Click
HERE HERE
for a direct link.

Why it's Easy:

You don't have to be at your controller. The controller does all the work! It moves you forward, looks down, kills the first sets of enemies, kills you, then reloads your checkpoint to do it all over again. You can gets tons of kills while sleeping, going to the movies, or while you relax and do nothing. I was getting around 13-15 thousands kills a night when I slept.

Video:

Settings:

Aftermath Chapter 5 on Insane.

Button Roles:

This should be in the down position with something (rubber band works very well for this).

What it does: It positions your camera downwards, so that when you shoot, you kill enemies and eventually kill yourself.

This needs to be in the up position, but only about halfway up. You must set the analogue sensativity to minimum on the controller.

What it does: It moves your character forward. The reason it's only halfway, is so your stick doesn't also scroll your menu.

This should be on lowest turbo speed. Hold it down and press the turbo button twice to make it press continously without you touching it.

What it does: When you die, it will reload your checkpoint and also skip you through the tutorial window.

This should be on lowest turbo speed. Hold it down and press the turbo button twice to make it press continously without you touching it.

What it does: This will only shoot your rockets. It will get you kill and then allow you to die as you walk into the wall.
The things people say to get to 5 posts...

Xbox360 games I have
http://darkadia.com/member/tyger7/library

Last edited by Tyger7; 08-17-2010 at 12:50 AM.
Tyger7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 06:09 PM   #2
Pixo

Send a message via AIM to Pixo

Pl4ti7Vum826's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Seems like it takes quite a bit of work to get it started, but it's worth a try for anyone that really wants this. I would like to get Seriously 2.0 done before Gears 3 releases and it's my last achievement for Gears 2.

Last edited by Pixo; 08-16-2010 at 07:41 PM.
Pixo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 07:30 PM   #3
Son of Kyuss

Son of Kyuss's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Looks like an extremely easy, but not efficient way to go about Seriously 2.0. It seems to be the most viable solution if you don't feel like grinding it out, but instead take it at your own pace whilst you do other tasks. Though I do agree with the post above me as it does seem to take a bit to get set up and there is room for error as described in the video.

Son of Kyuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 12:47 AM   #4
Tyger7

Send a message via AIM to Tyger7 Send a message via MSN to Tyger7 Send a message via Yahoo to Tyger7 Send a message via Skype™ to Tyger7

tyger7's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Gold   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   5,000 Posts   Submit - Silver   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - Tyger7   The Helping Hand   Referrals - Silver   Road Map - Diamond   Achievement Guide - Diamond   Staff - Collectibles Guide Team   A+ Thread Award
Well might take you 5-10 minutes to set up but saves you hours of sitting there. It should save you about 14-20 hours of sitting there grinding it out yourself.

Xbox360 games I have
Old 08-17-2010, 04:53 PM   #5
Pixo

Send a message via AIM to Pixo

Pl4ti7Vum826's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyger7 View Post
Well might take you 5-10 minutes to set up but saves you hours of sitting there. It should save you about 14-20 hours of sitting there grinding it out yourself.
True, I guess I can try it. Any idea where I can get a turbo controller besides Amazon?
Pixo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 05:02 PM   #6
Blah 2k

Send a message via AIM to Blah 2k Send a message via Yahoo to Blah 2k

Cyanide Chaotic's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzbecool219 View Post
how many games do u fuckin have .. go outside!
You are on the wrong forum. GTFO

As for the cheevo... looks tempting to try this way, but the money is tight, epic sad face lol

If you happen to be an avid Nazi Zombies fan or Call of Duty multi-player addict,
feel free to add me on Xbox Live, i'm always down for a game (when i'm on-line).
Just send me a message along with the request telling me where you saw
my gamertag, and what you'd like to play.

Peace!

Blah 2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 02:07 AM   #7
Tyger7

tyger7's Gamercard

Don't know where else to get one, I'm sure a few game shops have it. Try google and you may be able to find a better price than Amazon, I didn't look much myself.

Xbox360 games I have
Old 08-18-2010, 03:26 AM   #8
Corrupt.
Lapsed Completionist

Corrupt XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Off to the Races Challenge Club - Tier 1   Achievement Guide - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 2   Staff - Guide Team   Green Thumb - Gold   Staff Club - TemporalWizard   Staff Club - Tyger7   Fight Club Challenge Club - Tier 1
Total Awards: 43 (more» ...)
Great idea thanks, when I get round to finishing this game off I'll give it a try...
Old 08-18-2010, 05:33 AM   #9
mickspawn

Feared aussie's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Submit - Gold   Donator - Level 1   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
ill give this a try when i play single player. i have the same controller so should be cake.
Old 09-02-2010, 04:53 AM   #10
AutomaticUzoy

Send a message via AIM to AutomaticUzoy Send a message via Skype™ to AutomaticUzoy

xBBSx FemFatale's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixo View Post
Seems like it takes quite a bit of work to get it started, but it's worth a try for anyone that really wants this. I would like to get Seriously 2.0 done before Gears 3 releases and it's my last achievement for Gears 2.
save carmine =)
AutomaticUzoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 07:16 AM   #11
GHOST1986

A 2rue LeGacY's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
This is a great idea for people who can't stand to reload the checkpoint, but if people want to get the achievement over with then the reload is the best. It's an annoying achievement, but it can be done in just over 12hrs. That's like 4 sessions of 3 hrs. Like I said though for people who hate doing it that way then this is the best way.

GHOST1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 03:12 PM   #12
ParoXysm QC

ParoXysm QC's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Silver   Micro Guide - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze   Subscriber - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
Thank you! I actually need a controller! I'll buy this one but, is that a good controller for games like Halo and CoD ???

Thank you in advance!

Last edited by ParoXysm QC; 09-05-2010 at 03:25 PM.
ParoXysm QC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 07:28 PM   #13
maggotdude

maggot dude's Gamercard
im using a datel wildfire controller with the turbo button and its working a treat, been going at it on its own for 5 hours now and got 10 thousand from it.

one thing i would recommend is to disable the vibration in the gears menu cuz ma shoe kept falling off lol
Old 09-09-2010, 08:36 PM   #14
Entity

Exalted Entity's Gamercard
One question: Is this actually legal? Like in terms of Epic games and Microsoft? I do not want to buy this control and then get banned because some sad, distrubed little kid felt like doing the "right" thing and reporting me for something I did not even know was wrong in the first place. It almost happened to me once in Castle Crashers when using 3 controllers for Glork...

Everything is Permitted, and Nothing is True.
I am negative infinity. I am the manifestation of nothingness. My power is the lack of existence. The lack of existence can pull all things that exist to fill the void. Thus, my power is everything, and yet nothing. And even still, it is not a contradiction. I am negative infinity.
Entity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 08:54 PM   #15
maggotdude

maggot dude's Gamercard
you wont get banned if you dont use it online, so keep it local multiplayer, hell even custom a long as your friends know and you will be fine. you will only get banned from complaints so if you use it like in the campaign you will be fine
Old 09-09-2010, 09:19 PM   #16
Entity

Exalted Entity's Gamercard
Ah ok. That is good. I just needed to know if this was indeed ban-able. But yea, now that I know, I will abuse this to the best of my extent. =D

Everything is Permitted, and Nothing is True.
I am negative infinity. I am the manifestation of nothingness. My power is the lack of existence. The lack of existence can pull all things that exist to fill the void. Thus, my power is everything, and yet nothing. And even still, it is not a contradiction. I am negative infinity.
Entity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 01:29 AM   #17
mighty1

Send a message via Yahoo to mighty1

The Smoking Ace's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
idk about all that, when its all said and done we talking about spending more money in case we don't already own that particular controler and we wont even have the achievement off the break. and 13-15 kills a night? unless i read that wrong you get mega more kills on act IV when you're riding the bruma which is the best reload point for the seriously 2.0. just go at own pace as some of the other folks suggested but i'd like to add to that that its just an achievement, a rather easy one that is only time consuming but you will get it in due time.
My All-Time Greatest Challange Success: Dead Rising 1000/1000 =100% Game Completion

All Time Favorite Achievement: Day7 in Dead Rising

Hey Yo I Stay Ballin

mighty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 09:03 AM   #18
maggotdude

maggot dude's Gamercard
yeh but for people who already have one of theses controllers, like me, can do this whilst they sleep. it takes like 8 nights
Old 09-13-2010, 02:19 AM   #19
ferrara316

ferrara316's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Silver   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   1,000 Posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze
ive been looking for this turbo controller for over a year, so first thank you for rediscovering it for me, and second, i can now purchase it for 3 things....Seriously 2.0, the DDR games, and Street fighter!

I got ripped off on ebay buying a mad catz one, it doesnt work for shit.
ferrara316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 11:25 AM   #20
StW

I StW I's Gamercard
Sick method man, but doubt I can do it since I don't have a turbo controller, and won't be buying one of the internet I guess I'll just grind, it's my last achievement for GoW 2
StW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 11:43 AM   #21
RayT69

RAYz0r0pTics's Gamercard
thanks for this got alot of kills
RayT69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 11:55 PM   #22
ferrara316

ferrara316's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Silver   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   1,000 Posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze
Quote:
Originally Posted by StW View Post
Sick method man, but doubt I can do it since I don't have a turbo controller, and won't be buying one of the internet I guess I'll just grind, it's my last achievement for GoW 2
was planning to buy mine off the internet, just walked around toys r us in times sqaure today, found one there for 40 bucks.
ferrara316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 10:08 AM   #23
StW

I StW I's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrara316 View Post
was planning to buy mine off the internet, just walked around toys r us in times sqaure today, found one there for 40 bucks.
Haha nice man, but doubt they sell them here in Singapore
StW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 09:30 AM   #24
I R BFOG

xBFOGx's Gamercard
Meh it took me 1-2hours a day for 8 days. Was boring as hell but I got a definite satisfaction seeing Seriously 2.0 pop up knowing that I had an achievement that not many people have

Then again if i had a turbo controller then I wouldve tried your method but not worth buying one just for 50g imo.

I only have 1495 in gow2 aswell.
Old 09-15-2010, 01:15 PM   #25
sm182

Send a message via MSN to sm182

sm182's Gamercard

Thanks for the method, I must try this with my Arcade Stick when I get to the end of the game.

Latest Retail / Arcade [of 229 / 75]
: WANTED: WEAPONS OF FATE / GALACTIC REIGN

50K GS Dates: 04|02|10 > 13|02|11 > 28|04|12 > 31|01|13
> 08|12|13
sm182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 08:35 PM   #26
Wii187

Finagles's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Bronze   XBA Promoter   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Silver   Submit - Gold   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sm182 View Post
Thanks for the method, I must try this with my Arcade Stick when I get to the end of the game.
Don't think an arcade stick will work. You need 2 analog sticks to move forwards and look down and most arcade sticks I've seen only have 1 stick.

Wii187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 07:06 AM   #27
Ofcr Dan 111

Ofcr Dan 111's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOST1986 View Post
This is a great idea for people who can't stand to reload the checkpoint, but if people want to get the achievement over with then the reload is the best. It's an annoying achievement, but it can be done in just over 12hrs. That's like 4 sessions of 3 hrs. Like I said though for people who hate doing it that way then this is the best way.
I have to agree with Ghost on this one...its really not that bad...its just how much can one take doing the same menial task for hours on end? Use the brumak, tap select to skip cut scene, tap A to bypass tutorial, fire rockets at farthest group, middle group then close group...reload checkpoint and revert back to tapping select...etc.

I figured each time you do it and clear out all 3 groups of locust, its about 65 kills per load. I could get about 2 reloads in per minute, so 110 kills/min. Took 1 1/2 hrs to get 10,000 kills...approx 1,100 kills every ten minutes.
Ofcr Dan 111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 02:07 PM   #28
sm182

Send a message via MSN to sm182

sm182's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wii187 View Post
Don't think an arcade stick will work. You need 2 analog sticks to move forwards and look down and most arcade sticks I've seen only have 1 stick.
Mine does, hopefully it's compatible with this method:

Latest Retail / Arcade [of 229 / 75]
: WANTED: WEAPONS OF FATE / GALACTIC REIGN

50K GS Dates: 04|02|10 > 13|02|11 > 28|04|12 > 31|01|13
> 08|12|13
sm182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 09:50 PM   #29
Jamieironmaiden

JAMIEIRONMAIDEN's Gamercard
Dw i hate it aswell, is it sad that i would consider buying the remote just to do this?
Jamieironmaiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 01:46 PM   #30
verybadloser

Very Bad Loser's Gamercard
cheers Tyger this along with gta4, forza3, deadspace, blur, bioshock2 is a game i'm only missing one very very boring achievement on, doing this now and working great :P

http://my360stats.com/gs/Very+Bad+Loser/

Games Started : 116
Games Completed 100% : 107

verybadloser is offline   Reply With Quote