PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Gears of War 2
Subscribe    Donate

Old 09-29-2010, 02:23 PM   #31
Tyger7
Moderator and Guide Staff

Send a message via AIM to Tyger7 Send a message via MSN to Tyger7 Send a message via Yahoo to Tyger7 Send a message via Skype™ to Tyger7

tyger7's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Gold   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   5,000 Posts   Submit - Silver   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - Tyger7   The Helping Hand   Referrals - Silver   Road Map - Diamond   Achievement Guide - Diamond   Staff - Collectibles Guide Team   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 17 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by verybadloser View Post
cheers Tyger this along with gta4, forza3, deadspace, blur, bioshock2 is a game i'm only missing one very very boring achievement on, doing this now and working great :P
Glad it helped, I wish I could have posted a method everyone could use (aka regular controller).
The things people say to get to 5 posts...

Xbox360 games I have
http://darkadia.com/member/tyger7/library
Tyger7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 08:03 PM   #32
JAW LV

JAW LV's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Damn if only I knew about this a year ago when I first started playing the game lol! I just might have to go this route, while the cheeve itself is easy enough I just don't have the time needed to get it. Having the turbo setup at night while I sleep will solve my time problem.

Thanks man, you just made my day

PROUD MEMBER OF
NUTRITION/EXERCISE QUESTIONS? ASK ME!
TRYING TO MAKE THE GAMING COMMUNITY A HEALTHIER COMMUNITY... EVEN IT TAKES ONE GAMER AT A TIME!
JAW LV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 01:23 AM   #33
verybadloser

Very Bad Loser's Gamercard
i've now found gtaiv and bioshock2 have glitches to complete those achievements faster, blur apparently isn't too lengthy, obviously forza 3 is not hard just time consuming, and i've added 40,000 kill without any effort to my seriously 2.0 account :P, my x-box is feeling so much healthier than last week, when it was coughing under awful achievement pressure :P :P.

PS. Tyger7, only a turbo controller could possibly help with seriously-shit 2.0! after i get these 5 sorted, i ain't ever gonna play awful time consuming games ever again for achievements

http://my360stats.com/gs/Very+Bad+Loser/

Games Started : 116
Games Completed 100% : 107

verybadloser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 01:22 AM   #34
verybadloser

yeh, got it, only problem was the xbox crashed, losing 40,000 kills once :P. Still it was when i wasn't with it, but went away for the weekend :P, was unlocked when i got back from work today :P

Old 10-11-2010, 03:20 AM   #35
morgan2042

Powerisstrength's Gamercard
i was at 16,450; until i tried this method from gamefaqs.com. ended up getting 22,410.

ThermalStone

Posted 9/9/2009 12:00:17 AM
Seriously 2.0. I did the following routine for exactly 1 hour:

Started on chapter 5.5, the last level in the game. Press the back button after a few seconds to skip the opening cinematics and dialogue. Move forward and to the right and target the first group of drones with the X Button Missiles. Keep moving forward and you will be hit be two reaver missiles. After your Brumak stops rocking, zoom in and target the far group of drones and fire your missiles when the reticule turns red. As those missiles streak towards the target, use your machine guns to mop up any survivors from the first group. When your missiles hit the second group, pause the game and select the Reload Checkpoint function. If you get up to where the first group of Boomers are firing at you, you've gone too far.

Stats:

Time:1 hour

Kills:
Starting: 69993
Ending: 77020
7027 total

125 repetitions (runs)
28.8 seconds/run
56.125 kills/run
11 runs where one or both groups of drones failed to spawn in.
Over 1000 kills first ten minutes
Over 3400 kills after 30 minutes
I seemed to get faster as I got used to the routine.

A perfect run takes about 30 seconds, including loading time and skipping past the beginning cinematic and dialogue, and nets you almost 60 kills. When you consider that a very good player can get a dozen kills in a 15 minute Warzone match, 30 kills in a 20 minute annex match, or over 200 kills in a Horde game that lasts well over an hour, Brumaking earns you kills at an astoundingly higher rate.

A few things can go wrong to slow you down. Your first salvo of missiles at the second group can miss, causing you to have to fire again or let those kills go. One or both groups of drones occasionally fail to spawn in. This being Gears of War 2, the game will sometimes freeze your XBox during the loading screen.

Conclusion: 7000 kills per hour using this method is very attainable (my original estimate was 6000.) Its not very exciting to do, but If you can't play online or if you are tired of this game but want this difficult achievement, this is the best way to go. It is encouraging to know that after 10 months of playing this game, I am only 3 hours away from this achievement if I want it.
morgan2042 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 07:50 AM   #36
verybadloser

Morgan: what you posting that for in this thread. The thread is how to get seriously 2.0 without having to actually sit like a dummy for 15 hours, and lets a turbo controller do the work for you

Old 10-13-2010, 10:46 PM   #37
morgan2042

Powerisstrength's Gamercard
just wanted to help people that doesnt have a turbo controller, instead making another serious 2.0 topic. i got the achievement last night after 3 days playing it. 3 hours day and night. its just a faster method.
morgan2042 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 05:47 PM   #38
wildwest08

wildwest08's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
i wish i didn't have to buy the controller then i would do this in a heartbeat. i hate doing repetitive achievements or gaining levels in multiplayer

Call of Duty Black Ops
Halo Wars General
Need For Speed Hot Pursuit
wildwest08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 06:31 PM   #39
aTree

Eccentric Treee's Gamercard
Will def try this when i have all the other achievements (nearly there!)!! ta!
aTree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 02:51 PM   #40
HowManyBullets

HowManyBullets's Gamercard
Thank you for this great tip

I've been doing it whole week while at work. Started from 5k now at 96k.
HowManyBullets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 04:42 AM   #41
zaku bluez

enigmagtx's Gamercard
Umm hate to be the downer but I'm sure this was posted somewhere else, but also didn't title update 6 kill turbo remotes in the game? I'm pretty sure one of the TU killed turbo b/c people were doing this and auto winning chainsaw duals.
zaku bluez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 04:57 AM   #42
Tyger7
Moderator and Guide Staff

Send a message via AIM to Tyger7 Send a message via MSN to Tyger7 Send a message via Yahoo to Tyger7 Send a message via Skype™ to Tyger7

tyger7's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Gold   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   5,000 Posts   Submit - Silver   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - Tyger7   The Helping Hand   Referrals - Silver   Road Map - Diamond   Achievement Guide - Diamond   Staff - Collectibles Guide Team   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 17 (more» ...)
Where would have it been posted before? I'm the one who figured it out and posted it in the first place! It's been working, as you can see by the 11/28 posting above which shows he is getting the kills with turbo.
The things people say to get to 5 posts...

Xbox360 games I have
http://darkadia.com/member/tyger7/library
Tyger7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 04:59 AM   #43
mickspawn

Feared aussie's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Submit - Gold   Donator - Level 1   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
it works fine ive been doing it for a week. at 97,880 kills right now saving the rest for the co-op
Old 12-06-2010, 05:49 AM   #44
judd90

Judd90's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
I got this by just going to the last level when you ride the Borak or whatever its called when i got bored for some killing.

That and a mixture of online and campaign.
Old 12-07-2010, 04:52 AM   #45
mickspawn

Feared aussie's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Submit - Gold   Donator - Level 1   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Quote:
Originally Posted by judd90 View Post
I got this by just going to the last level when you ride the Borak or whatever its called when i got bored for some killing.

That and a mixture of online and campaign.
are you some type of idiot?
thats what you do in this guide.. ride the BRUMAK.. what is a borak? is that like borat?
Old 12-07-2010, 04:58 PM   #46
b HuStIe

b HuStIe's Gamercard
This is the final achievement I need in Gears of War 2; thanks for the video

Completed Retail Games- 25

Completed XBLA- 8
b HuStIe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 08:29 PM   #47
Mr Matty
Banned User

Wave 0 Of Horde's Gamercard
Spoiler tag ? act 5
Great info. alot of help do you know any game shops who might stock it im not keen on online shopping.
That rooms like a jumble sale. i think the guy in the vid needs to clean up instead of sitting playing xbox all day.

Last edited by Mr Matty; 12-07-2010 at 08:55 PM.
Mr Matty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 05:48 PM   #48
mustangseatrice05

maliciousjedi13's Gamercard
yea I'm at 55k alreay from getting my level 100 and playing campaign a few times. I'm gonna grind it out a few hours at a time. Don't wanna buy a turbo controller. Good work finding this out though for the poeple that have them.
mustangseatrice05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 01:29 PM   #49
b HuStIe

b HuStIe's Gamercard
nice job i like the shoe lol

Completed Retail Games- 25

Completed XBLA- 8
b HuStIe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 08:29 PM   #50
mxz

mxz82's Gamercard
That is one impressive rack of games. Jealous.
mxz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 06:21 PM   #51
huskies13

dxnation's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blah 2k View Post
You are on the wrong forum. GTFO

As for the cheevo... looks tempting to try this way, but the money is tight, epic sad face lol
Yea this method looks really good but i agree moneey is very tight maybe some santa will help tho lol
huskies13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 06:29 PM   #52
Shelbystuar9

Send a message via MSN to Shelbystuar9 Send a message via Skype™ to Shelbystuar9

Shelbystuar9's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyger7 View Post
About:

There are probably a lot of threads discussing the best ways to get this achievement. I tried them all, and everything was taking forever. So I figured out a really easy way to get this...not being at the controller at all.

How:

You must use a turbo controller. The one that works (and the only one I tested) is the Horipad Turbo EX2. The main reason this worked was because the analogue sensativity was able to be reduced. I am not sure how other turbo controllers would work out. You can purchase the controller on Amaon.com.

Click HERE for a direct link.

Why it's Easy:

You don't have to be at your controller. The controller does all the work! It moves you forward, looks down, kills the first sets of enemies, kills you, then reloads your checkpoint to do it all over again. You can gets tons of kills while sleeping, going to the movies, or while you relax and do nothing. I was getting around 13-15 thousands kills a night when I slept.

Video:

YouTube- Gears of War 2 Seriously 2.0 Easy and Best Way

Settings:

Aftermath Chapter 5 on Insane.

Button Roles:

This should be in the down position with something (rubber band works very well for this).

What it does: It positions your camera downwards, so that when you shoot, you kill enemies and eventually kill yourself.

This needs to be in the up position, but only about halfway up. You must set the analogue sensativity to minimum on the controller.

What it does: It moves your character forward. The reason it's only halfway, is so your stick doesn't also scroll your menu.

This should be on lowest turbo speed. Hold it down and press the turbo button twice to make it press continously without you touching it.

What it does: When you die, it will reload your checkpoint and also skip you through the tutorial window.

This should be on lowest turbo speed. Hold it down and press the turbo button twice to make it press continously without you touching it.

What it does: This will only shoot your rockets. It will get you kill and then allow you to die as you walk into the wall.
Thanks. This will help a lot.
Shelbystuar9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 12:45 AM   #53
xxjdooksxx

xxjdooksxx's Gamercard
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickspawn View Post
are you some type of idiot?
thats what you do in this guide.. ride the BRUMAK.. what is a borak? is that like borat?
LOL Yeah it's an eastern european relative of the brumak, wears a mankini.
xxjdooksxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 03:03 AM   #54
CONKER1182
Banned User

CONKER1182's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I got Seriously 2.0 in 3 days without using a modded controller.
CONKER1182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 12:54 PM   #55
Mounting Jew

Cheer's for the video. I already had that contoller for my Jap games so was easy. I got 11,750 kills last night while I slept. That was 9 hours but when I came down he wasn't moving forward as the shoe must have slipped but still 11,750 more than I did have

Cheers dude
Mounting Jew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 03:38 AM   #56
Hochberg

Send a message via MSN to Hochberg

Hochberg's Gamercard
I'd do this, but I can't be asked to buy the controller set-up for this. I should have Seriously 2.0 about now anyways but when Epic reset my rank at 49 for no reason it also reset my kills for Seriously which were at about 58,000. So as of now I have 45,000 kills >_>...
Hochberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 03:59 AM   #57
Bobalue

Bobalue1's Gamercard
I think I'll stick to grinding this one out. I'll have nearly 50-60 thousand kills by the time I get Veteran Gear, and from then on it's already half done. Not really to enthusiastic about going out and buying a new controller just for 50G...

Seriously 3.0 Progress: 56.77% ... 24/65 Onyx Medals

25,000G - 11/26/2010
50,000G - 6/24/2011

Bobalue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 12:09 AM   #58
AV0STEAR

AV0STEAR's Gamercard
Great guide, works perfect. A little hint for people doing this, the Hori-Ex (just Ex) works too and you can secure everything with rubber-bands.

KingofAeons Home of All Video Games!
"KingofAeons YouTube Homepage"
AV0STEAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 08:03 PM   #59
Mounting Jew

Awesome guide I got the achievement and the 1750 GS cheers buddy!
Mounting Jew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 09:38 AM   #60
longdillon1

MAVERICKDILLON's Gamercard
Im taking a trip to Reno for the weekend on friday. Im gonna set this up friday morning and see if I can have it sunday night! Some of you guys say you dont wanna spend too much money and would rather spend 20+ hours grinding it out? You can spend 30 or 40 dollars and have a controller do all the work on a boring ass achievement. You can also use this for street fighter games, 5th grader arcade and many other games. One of the best things ive ever bought!@
longdillon1 is offline   Reply With Quote