PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Dragon Age: Origins > Golems of Amgarrak
Subscribe    Donate

Old 08-17-2010, 05:13 AM   #1
Honeydaddy

HoneyDaddy's Gamercard
Legit Fight on Hard - Rogue Kiting

I've seen a couple of people post about the difficulity of this fight done the legit way and I agree, its a hard fight. I am also not an epic gamer; im too old, too slow, and too blind to be a great player. With that said, here is a strategy for everyday players to try.

I imported my Rogue from Awakenings and I think I was lvl 33 when I fought the Harvester. Make sure you bring a tome that allows you to respec or do it in Awakening. I used just enough str and dex to equip my weapons and then put the rest into constitution so I could take some hits. I also used the Legionnaire Scout specialization. The two abilities that matter for this strategy are Ghost and Strength of Stone.

The first part of the fight was zerg. I had my whole team on the boss with golem spamming heals. I tried to have a rogue on either side for crits but I was so busy, I couldn't tell if that worked well or not. Again, the whole trick the first part is spamming heals tryng to keep everyone alive to get the first form down. Everyone died but me by the time I had the first form down (didnt realized the switch did anything so I took quite a beating).

In the interest of trying to get my HP up I started kiting around the middle part of the map across the two sets of stairs. My constitution was high enough that could take some hits and still heal up. Once I was ready, I would try to line up the Harvester and when I was close I would use the Ghost ability and beat on it a couple of times. As soon as Ghost would start to wear, I would pop the Strength of Stone ability and beat on it until that wore. When both abilities were off, I would do a couple of laps until the timers were up and then I would repeat. I think I did about 5% per cycle so the fight took me about 15 mins and I was never in any real danger. The trick was to be patient and wait for timers.

Hope that helps people that struggle with the fight. I sure did.

HD
Honeydaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 09:18 AM   #2
silenTrig

silenTrig's Gamercard
Thanks mate, worked like a charm. Got the first phase down with 3 of my party members left but they got instantly destroyed by the summoned enemies as soon as he died.

So I just ran laps around the room as you said, avoiding the skeletons and using the 'Ghost' ability when it was off cooldown to do as much damage to the boss as possible. He actually dies fairly quickly. Had to use the odd health/stamina potion now and then as sometimes the summoned enemies did alittle damage to me.

Not the most interesting way of killing the boss but it works great.
silenTrig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 04:55 PM   #3
TigerII

I LOVE YOU

With this technique I got it my first try.
TigerII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 03:11 PM   #4
Opiate42

Location: Canada, likely stuck in a snowdrift...with no shovel

Opiate42's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Rajeanero   Community Gaming - Silver   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Bronze   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - DEG23   Over Achiever - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)
Thanks for the tips, will try.

"Hit it"
Opiate42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 01:09 AM   #5
Grimfel

Zombicidal RT's Gamercard
It won't let me use said tome... any ideas????

Retail Completed 100% - 22
Arcade Completed 100% - 12
Want to Grind - GoW:Judgement /Borderlands2/Tomb Raider
(No FR or Parties accepted without message)
LotRO - Grimfel - Member of the LONGBEARD LEGION!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NataSS Inc View Post
It makes my naughty bits tingle when I can do it on my own.
Grimfel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 02:22 PM   #6
Eythan

Send a message via MSN to Eythan

eythan123's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimfel View Post
It won't let me use said tome... any ideas????
You use it from the potions menu in the radial menu, I dont know why its there but it is XD
Eythan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 12:06 PM   #7
Headless Snip3r

Headless Snip3r's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eythan View Post
You use it from the potions menu in the radial menu, I dont know why its there but it is XD
I LOVE YOU & THE OP!! FINALLY! I feel that I wont be stuck at 1700 anymore!!

This idea worked perfectly! I didn't have to respec, but just using your tactics. Also, I didn't understand other party features, so now that I know how to make my party heal themselves it was loads easier. I only had ghost, so I used that, and just stayed on him and took the beating. Went down easy. Had to do it a few times because he kept getting stuck in a wall. Thank you so much for this. Very easy fight done this way.

Last edited by Headless Snip3r; 02-24-2012 at 02:05 PM.
Headless Snip3r is offline   Reply With Quote