PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Music and Rhythm > Guitar Hero II
Subscribe    Donate

Old 04-27-2007, 12:52 AM   #1
soccerdude21490

Send a message via AIM to soccerdude21490

FrenchPoodle's Gamercard
Question about CoOp: 2 peopel sign in at once and both get achievements?

hey everyone, well I'm planning on going to my friends house and play Guitar Hero (I have it was well.. but he's getting it tomorrow for his birthday), so I was just wondering, if I put my account on a memory card.. can I sign into my account on his xbox 360 as well and both get the achievements?

How exactly would you do that? I like step-by-step instructions if anyone has those! hahaha, I'm a weird person like that
Old 04-27-2007, 02:23 AM   #2
Cisumurug

Send a message via AIM to Cisumurug Send a message via Yahoo to Cisumurug

cisumurug's Gamercard
Correct me if I'm wrong but all you need to do is put your memory card in and automatically your gamertag will be recognized. Like all you have to do is with the second controller sign in like you normally do. You don't need to do anything special. And you both get achievements. Of course.
Cisumurug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 02:51 AM   #3
soccerdude21490

FrenchPoodle's Gamercard
really? awesome, I've always wanted to do it with some games, wasn't sure if it would completely work... that would be a nice thing to have if its not implemented

PS: Love your gamer pic, Amped 3... man I really really liked that game, I still need like 2 more achievements I think... grr

Anyone else know about it at all?
Old 04-27-2007, 06:56 AM   #4
Annul

Quantum Quorum's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cisumurug View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong but all you need to do is put your memory card in and automatically your gamertag will be recognized. Like all you have to do is with the second controller sign in like you normally do. You don't need to do anything special. And you both get achievements. Of course.
Actually, since only one gamertag per Xbox can be set for autologon, the other person will have to login manually to have credit for the achievements. But, that's easy to do. Press the Xbox logo button on either the controller or explorer, and when presented with the login panel, select the appropriate profile. You'll also notice that the person already logged on will have their profile greyed out.
Annul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 10:55 AM   #5
soccerdude21490

FrenchPoodle's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annul View Post
Actually, since only one gamertag per Xbox can be set for autologon, the other person will have to login manually to have credit for the achievements. But, that's easy to do. Press the Xbox logo button on either the controller or explorer, and when presented with the login panel, select the appropriate profile. You'll also notice that the person already logged on will have their profile greyed out.
Awesome, so I just have to do that and I get the achievements? Awesome! I had to do that everyonce in a while on my system when I wanted to play Gears OF War online with a friend (but had to register my own account), but thats sweet, thanks!
Old 04-27-2007, 12:35 PM   #6
Annul

Quantum Quorum's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by soccerdude21490 View Post
Awesome, so I just have to do that and I get the achievements? Awesome! I had to do that everyonce in a while on my system when I wanted to play Gears OF War online with a friend (but had to register my own account), but thats sweet, thanks!
Sure, no problem. This applies to just about any Xbox 360 game with multiplayer capabilites. Each person with a controller can load thier own profile while they play*. Though how it is used within the game can be applied differently.

For instance in Guitar Hero 2, the unlockables are converged between profiles. So, for example if each player unlocked seperate a character with their profile then both characters will be available for either of them to choose during co-op despite who's profile its unlocked with.

Whereas in Marvel Superheroes, the profiles are diverged. Each profile will only allow the use of characters which the respective profile unlocked and groomed. In both cases; however, achievements will be awarded to all players participating at the time it is unlocked.

*My only quam varies with the 360 setup but concerns with multiplayer games greather than two and each person wants to load thier profile. With only two memory slots and a possible hard drive, it sometimes forces people to copy their profile on someone else' device. God forbid those times when there's four players and no hard drive.
Annul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 01:49 PM   #7
soccerdude21490

FrenchPoodle's Gamercard
sweet, thanks guys... so does that mean if we just randomly turned on 2 controllers and signed in both and we played single player, both would get achievements?

awesome
Old 04-28-2007, 01:11 AM   #8
Spot2009

Spot2004's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Gold
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Nope. It will recognize that the first controller will earn the achievement. You won't be able to trick the Xbox 360 like that.

Anyway, I just brought my HDD to my friend's house.

12345 GS - 2/7/07
22222 GS - 5/15/07
34567 GS - 7/20/08
Spot2009 is offline   Reply With Quote