PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Lost Planet 2
Subscribe    Donate

Old 08-18-2010, 03:15 AM   #1
Gatusso

How to get #1!

I was playing 1-2 in advanced training today with balloon grenades and I had the bad luck the balloon sprayed all over my character so I died.
But when I died and I didn't press retry, the dummies were killed by the balloon grenade and I managed to get 20 kills. On my screen it said FAILED when I died but when my balloon grenade reached 20 kills it changed to PASSED.
And the time stopped the moment I died. So I think this explains the times on the leaderboards.
And I think if you use the headstart release ability, you can manage to get at least the TOP 10 nom or if you could do it perfect enough NUMBER 1.
But I think it only works in advanced on the levels where the dummies always spawn in front of you. So 1-2 and 5-2. I won't use this because I already got #1 when the game released but I thought this could be useful for all of the gamers who cant get full completion because of the #1 nom de guerre.
So be quick..before the scores get insane..
and tell me what you think about this..
Greetings...
Gatusso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 03:22 AM   #2
Gatusso

Quick note

You need to complete it one time without dying after you have set your time for it to upload to the leaderboards...and you will only get the #1 nom de guerre if you check the leaderboards when you are #1 I think...

And I hope Capcom fixes the leaderboards when they know about this. I'm actually pretty sick of ranked leaderboards and they need to fix the training leaderboards too...create a monthly leaderboard or something cause I think only a few ppl will really be able to get #1 now...what I posted will only get a few more ppl their #1 nom de guerre unless my post here makes capcom realize the leaderboards suck and they patch the leaderboards, then I created allot more chances...

Last edited by Gatusso; 08-19-2010 at 04:04 AM.
Old 08-18-2010, 07:57 AM   #3
LOUISSNAFU

LOUISSNAFU's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
This is a good stratagy and thank you for sharing, perhaps this will help some people to get that nom (Number 1), which can be a pain in the a.. nom!I got mine last week on advanced training 1-4.

LOUISSNAFU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 08:14 AM   #4
RA1NKING
Banned User

how do you get balloon grenades ? i have them unlocked but ios there a way to spawn with them ??
RA1NKING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 08:43 AM   #5
LOUISSNAFU

LOUISSNAFU's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RA1NKING View Post
how do you get balloon grenades ? i have them unlocked but ios there a way to spawn with them ??
i have already answered your question on xbox live, but for all the other people that might not know how to do it.Go to your weapons and change the release grenades to balloon grenades and than turn on the ability Headstart release grenade,so you will spawn every time with the maximum numbers of balloon grenades!

LOUISSNAFU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 08:57 AM   #6
Dark Anaconda

Please add me on Xbox Live Gatusso!

My Xbox Addy: Violent Spirit

I can only make 8 or 10 kills but i need 20 Kills..damn...

Last edited by Dark Anaconda; 08-18-2010 at 10:26 AM.
Dark Anaconda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 12:42 PM   #7
RA1NKING
Banned User

I tried for like 3 hours.. number 1 spot on both are too high up.. I think people might be able to get top 10 though.
Old 08-18-2010, 06:17 PM   #8
Dark Anaconda

I think there are much more tricks to figure out........

Anyway im glad that i am on the capcom community to discuss it with the capcom crew.

Well we need to be patient at all ,but i am looking forward to see new tricks!

Thanks anyways.
Old 08-18-2010, 09:26 PM   #9
Zooyork26

im on capcom unity also and ps3 and my gf actually got the WR and the server didnt update right away her psn cut her off for server maintence and she got screwed cause the guy on top just keeps locking the title for himself.... she was devastated and still is... there is a tactic cause i got low 15 secs on 1-2 but there nearly 12 and my method i used doesnt work anymore so they know something else.... i would be glad any info someone could msg me or whatever to help her get what she deserves after grinding for 100's of hrs
Zooyork26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 02:56 AM   #10
Gatusso

Tell me what the record time is on 1.2...and I will see if I can help.

I'm talking about xbox 360 too...I will only give the tactic when I know its useful for #1 on xbox 360,
And Zooyork..its seems you are desperate..but why?

Last edited by Gatusso; 08-19-2010 at 06:07 AM.
Old 08-19-2010, 03:15 AM   #11
Zooyork26

12.476 now
Old 08-19-2010, 06:09 AM   #12
RA1NKING
Banned User

I played 1.2 for 9 hours now. I can get under the WR time but my grenades run out on killing 19 dummy's. I have been so close so many times now.. I think 1nom is possible on 1-2..

Is there anyway to make your grenades last longer ? Im so close...
Old 08-19-2010, 07:37 AM   #13
Zooyork26

whats the WR for 360?
Old 08-19-2010, 07:38 AM   #14
Dark Anaconda

How do you guys get 20 kills , i played 1 hour and i got everytime only 10 kills , maybe 15 sometimes...but hmm there has to be some trick behind that.

If they reset the leaderboards , it wont be a problem to get 1# Title.

PS: WR its l13.9 seconds on Xbox360

Last edited by Dark Anaconda; 08-19-2010 at 07:44 AM.
Old 08-19-2010, 07:38 AM   #15
Zooyork26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatusso View Post
Tell me what the record time is on 1.2...and I will see if I can help.

I'm talking about xbox 360 too...I will only give the tactic when I know its useful for #1 on xbox 360,
And Zooyork..its seems you are desperate..but why?
if it doesnt affect the 360 and helps a fellow ps3 guy whats the problem?? i own both systems so who cares... dont be a fanboy
Old 08-19-2010, 02:28 PM   #16
RA1NKING
Banned User

Hey Gatusso - How about a little help ?
Im 99% there , maybe your tactic will help me the extra 1 % I need to get the number 1 nom ?.
I would really appreciate any help.
Old 08-19-2010, 03:52 PM   #17
Gatusso

Ok, you will probably see that your last balloon grenade just disappears when dummy 20 jumps down...so all you want to do is throw your last balloon grenade a bit later and then quickly suicide...You are very very close so I'm sure you are able to get it ...with your own tactic...I will release the tactic that I got from the #1 on ps3 soon...he got 12.4..secs so xbox 360 is certainly still doable.. RA1NK1NG, you must try to time it right...you will probably be the first who gets it...so I would really like to see that you don't beat the record too much because that would make it harder for anyone else..
Old 08-19-2010, 04:00 PM   #18
LEE200

Send a message via AIM to LEE200 Send a message via MSN to LEE200 Send a message via Yahoo to LEE200
Interesting and useful thread thanks........

My Work
- G2 Admin - Sig Gifts - PS3 Admin - 360 RT - 200 Forever

LEE200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 04:36 PM   #19
Eddy Kemp

Eddy Kemp's Gamercard
Yes!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatusso View Post
You need to complete it one time without dying after you have set your time for it to upload to the leaderboards...and you will only get the #1 nom de guerre if you check the leaderboards when you are #1 I think...

And I hope Capcom fixes the leaderboards when they know about this. I'm actually pretty sick of ranked leaderboards and they need to fix the training leaderboards too...create a monthly leaderboard or something cause I think only a few ppl will really be able to get #1 now...what I posted will only get a few more ppl their #1 nom de guerre unless my post here makes capcom realize the leaderboards suck and they patch the leaderboards, then I created allot more chances...
Gatusso, you are the man! Thanks so much for the tips. I fooled around on 1-2 for a little bit before switching to 5-2 where, after about 2 hours, I was able to beat the top time by a fraction of a second.

These leaderboard noms and their impact on two large achievements is bad enough, but the fact that we have to resort to exploiting a stupid loophole in the game logic to get them is even worse.

Again, thanks for sharing this!
Eddy Kemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 09:10 PM   #20
RA1NKING
Banned User

HELL YEAH.. Well the method i tried worked. I just ducked when i threw my last grenade. When you duck it launches a tiny bit faster.
So i Finally got my number 1 nom...
Thanks so much Gatusso.. I now have a chance to 1000/1000 lp2 :-)
ps - is my method very different to yours ?
Old 08-19-2010, 09:44 PM   #21
Zooyork26

congrats guys ive followed this from every forum for months now and ive read a lot of you from capcom unity etc and i just hoping my gf can get what she deserves cause she infact had the WR on ps3 to have a server update and boot her off for 2 hrs and by then she got passed and she is still upset.... she and i worked on this for 12 hrs yesterday and we just need the tactic... please gatusso please tell me please
Old 08-20-2010, 02:23 AM   #22
cro730

cro73o's Gamercard
got the number 1

thank you so much!!!! great strategy just got number 1 on 5-2!!!!! so excited to finaly get it yesss!
cro730 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 03:41 AM   #23
Eddy Kemp

Eddy Kemp's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by cro730 View Post
thank you so much!!!! great strategy just got number 1 on 5-2!!!!! so excited to finaly get it yesss!
Nice work Cro; my friend got it just before you and then you replaced him at the top. Cool to see people finally getting this.
Old 08-20-2010, 03:48 AM   #24
x6xDamonx6x

x6xDamonx6x's Gamercard
Can someone post videos on how to do these ones? Really help
Old 08-20-2010, 04:12 AM   #25
Zooyork26

if that happens i bet 4 ppl max will get a shot at this and itll just be a race...you wont see a vid cause the times are getting low enough that there impossible again
Old 08-20-2010, 06:40 AM   #26
RA1NKING
Banned User

Here are the Steps I followed : This was on the X360 version , but I am sure you could try it on the ps3 as well.

I do think my time can be beaten , but I dont know about getting around the 12 second mark...

********Here are the exact steps i Followed to get the number 1 Spot..*********

Step 1 : Throw 3 balloons to the left and 3 balloons to the right.
the way i do it is one left , one right , one left , one right , one left , one right.

Step 2 : Jump through the checkpoint to start the challenge. ( the way I jump I jump through and land at the bottom )

Step 3 : Kill dummy's falling from the top until the set of balloons from the start blow up.
and start killing the dummy's. ( normally I shoot 2 or 3 dummy's )

Step 4 : While those are killing dummy's I then throw one balloon grenade high up against the wall , shooting it straight away.

Step 5 : I damage myself with the first balloon i have shot so that my health is deep in the red .

Step 6 : I then back up a little and DUCK and start throwing grenades , as high on the wall as possible so they dont go over the wall or move left or right of the wall.

Step 7 : I make sure I throw my last grenade just after 12 seconds.( MAKE SURE YOU ARE DUCKING WHILE THROWING )

Step 8 : Then while moving forward I shoot one of the first balloons I threw in this section which kills me basically instantly and it continues killing dummies for me.

Step 9 : Watch as the Balloon grenades explode after a few seconds. If the last Balloon grenade blows up around the 15 Dummy's killed mark , you should have a good chance.

If you have any questions let me know...

PS- I will try and post a video of it later. It will be from my iphone though so dont expect great quality.
Old 08-20-2010, 09:43 AM   #27
Gatusso

Talking Tactic

Its great this is really helping some people.
I will give the tactic I got from the ps3 #1 on 1-2 now.
Step 1 - This isn't a necessary step but it will be required for a fast time:
Suicide a bit, the less health you have the quicker you die.
Step 2 - Throw your first balloon grenade through the timer, so you don't waste any time.
Step 3 - Directly jump down, and while falling, shoot your 1st balloon grenade
Step 4 - Throw 2 balloon grenades against the wall in front of you, the higher you throw it against the wall, the earlier you kill the dummies. You MUST throw the balloon grenades straight.
Step 5 - Throw 1 balloon grenade at the point where balloon grenade 1 is and shoot it.
Step 6 - Throw 2 more balloon grenades straight against the wall and then quickly suicide.
Step 7 - Wait for your balloons to kill 20, and then you will probably get TOP 10 within the first tries. This was the tactic to get #1 with a time of 12.4 secs.

So you only need to throw 6 balloon grenades, timing is important for the 20 kills.

I will tell you how many kills each balloon grenade should get...and in what order they should explode
Balloon 1 - 6 kills
Balloon 4 - 6 kills
Balloon 2 and 3 - 4 kills
Balloon 5 and 6 - 4 kills

And now you know everything to try to get #1 with this tactic.
You can try RA1NK1NG's tactic but you need to improve that to beat his time.

I need to know the record time on 5.2, so I can look if something is possible there.
Ps3 is 13.270 but xbox 360????

Last edited by Gatusso; 08-20-2010 at 09:53 AM.
Old 08-20-2010, 11:14 AM   #28
RA1NKING
Banned User

Thanks again for your help with suggesting the Balloon Grenades , I would never have got the number 1 Nom without your suggestions...
Old 08-20-2010, 10:48 PM   #29
Bullhorse

Bullhorse's Gamercard
GAHHH!! of course capcom buried something like this into one of the achievements, what a pain in the ass! i just bought the game and i can't even try these strategies because i haven't unlocked balloon grenades yet. i don't even have the training sequences unlocked either... fuck. if they don't reset these leaderboards at some point, i'll probably never complete this game.

this is how capcom repays me for buying ALLLLLL their games. jerks.

Bullhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 11:15 PM   #30
Eddy Kemp

Eddy Kemp's Gamercard
There's been quite a bit of outrage over these leaderboard noms affecting two major achievements for the game, but from what I've read over at Capcom Unity the moderators there are going to (or have already have) raised the issue to the LP2 development team.

That's no guarantee that anything will be done, but we *did* get that "balance" patch out of the blue a few weeks back, so I would not be surprised if they release a simple fix to this problem, whatever that "fix" might be.