PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Action > Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light
Subscribe    Donate

Old 08-18-2010, 07:30 PM   #1
Entity

Exalted Entity's Gamercard
Breadwinner

Ok, this is my first post (or first post in a REALLY long time) so I hope I am not breaking any rules, but if I am, please just let me know and I will try my best not to do it again.

I just want to know how to get the breadwinner achievement. I do not understand the description? To I have to beat the score or the number one player in the world, or is it something else?
Entity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 07:53 PM   #2
MILINKYO

MILINKYO's Gamercard
No, all you got to do a score a set amount in any level. When you start a level it shows you all the things you need to do to get rewards etc, the first level I'm guessing will be the easist. Score 160000 and the chevo will pop
MILINKYO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 09:01 PM   #3
bs000

bs000's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Silver   Micro Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Gold   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
You should pick up any diamonds you see. They're worth quite a bit of points. Kill everything you can. Don't die, because each death takes away something like 5k.
Old 08-18-2010, 09:52 PM   #4
Cymru kakashi

Cymru Kakashi's Gamercard
I did it very easily on the first level without really trying, So i'd reccomend going for it asap.

EDIT: You also get more points on enemy kills if you don't get hit.

Last edited by Cymru kakashi; 08-18-2010 at 09:56 PM.
Cymru kakashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 10:03 PM   #5
kngdavd

Rocky Maniac's Gamercard
Achievement did not unlock!

I have scored over 160,000 for the first level with no achievement popping up even though its checked off in my objectives list. What kind of nonsense is this and does anyone know how to fix the problem as i see others getting the achievement as i should have.
kngdavd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 01:17 AM   #6
Thorpe

A Place for Us's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
I got something like 182,000 on the first level but died once. Remember, to go in those secret rooms. Also, one room unlocks (it notifies you) once you've defeated those big enemies, which can take quite a few hits. Also, a good bonus if you don't get hurt from them.
Old 08-19-2010, 03:04 AM   #7
_Nosferatu_

Does the difficulty setting affect the amount of points you get?
_Nosferatu_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 03:07 AM   #8
littlejay

Fuzzmeister J's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Submit - Silver   Achievement Guide - Bronze
im not sure about the difficulty. i beat the game on easy and several missions i got all 3 scores on. there are however, several things that MUST be done in co-op. i just dont see it possible with 1 person.
Old 08-19-2010, 09:13 AM   #9
Tyger7
Moderator and Guide Staff

Send a message via AIM to Tyger7 Send a message via MSN to Tyger7 Send a message via Yahoo to Tyger7 Send a message via Skype™ to Tyger7

tyger7's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Gold   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   5,000 Posts   Submit - Silver   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - Tyger7   The Helping Hand   Referrals - Silver   Road Map - Diamond   Achievement Guide - Diamond   Staff - Collectibles Guide Team   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 17 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlejay View Post
im not sure about the difficulty. i beat the game on easy and several missions i got all 3 scores on. there are however, several things that MUST be done in co-op. i just dont see it possible with 1 person.
No, they made the game so you could do everything alone. That was their big focus, to make it different enough so that 1 person could enjoy the experience without needing the second person. There are a lot of ways to do things in this game!
The things people say to get to 5 posts...

Xbox360 games I have
http://darkadia.com/member/tyger7/library
Tyger7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 12:53 PM   #10
littlejay

Fuzzmeister J's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Submit - Silver   Achievement Guide - Bronze
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyger7 View Post
No, they made the game so you could do everything alone. That was their big focus, to make it different enough so that 1 person could enjoy the experience without needing the second person. There are a lot of ways to do things in this game!
it is really co-op focused though. there are many ways yes, but some time challenges seem pretty crazy without the ability to split up and look for keys.

im sure it can be done, but you have fun trying
Old 08-19-2010, 01:28 PM   #11
Thorpe

A Place for Us's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
I wouldn't say it's co-op focused. Lara Croft has always been an independent person when it comes to exploring. I'm sure Crystal Dynamics primarily wanted this as a single player game but added co-op to follow on the trend with arcade titles that have this.
Old 08-19-2010, 02:09 PM   #12
bs000

bs000's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Silver   Micro Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Gold   Submit - Bronze
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlejay View Post
it is really co-op focused though. there are many ways yes, but some time challenges seem pretty crazy without the ability to split up and look for keys.

im sure it can be done, but you have fun trying
But in co-op you have to stay on the same screen. You can't really split up and do tasks separately unless they're in the vicinity. There's alot of other problems with trying to do time challenges co-op too.

Whenever Lara grapples to the other side of a pit, she has to grapple Totec and wait for him to climb up, instead of just continuing on like in single-player. Instead of throwing her own spears to climb, she has to wait for Totec to throw the spear, then she has to climb up, then she has to pull Totec up with the grappling hook. Having to rely on someone else to complete a stage quickly seems like more of a hindrance.
Old 08-19-2010, 05:00 PM   #13
kngdavd

Rocky Maniac's Gamercard
There is a fix i found!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kngdavd View Post
I have scored over 160,000 for the first level with no achievement popping up even though its checked off in my objectives list. What kind of nonsense is this and does anyone know how to fix the problem as i see others getting the achievement as i should have.
If you don't get the achievement on the first playthrough then just delete the saved games and retry and it should pop up. This will help alot of people as i have seen on many forums problems with this achievement unlocking.
kngdavd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 07:32 PM   #14
Puuha Pate

Puuha Pate's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by kngdavd View Post
If you download the trial game and play through the first level and after that unlock the full game you won't get any achivements you earned during the trial. At least I didn't get the collect 10 red skulls-achivement so I deleted my game save and simply started a new game - problem solved.
Puuha Pate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 12:41 AM   #15
Gambit3rd

Gambit3rd's Gamercard
Same issue here. No matter what, the game didn't unlock the achievement.

I fixed the problem this way:

1) MOVED saved games to a USB Stick.
2) Cleared the Cache.
3) Turned off the console.
4) Started the game and played the first level, single player. Once I reached 160.000 points the achievement unlocked!!!
5) Back to the dashboard, deleted new saved games and moved old ones back in place.

Good Luck!

PS: I don't think the problem is trial related. I didn't get a good score on my trial run.