PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Action > Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light
Subscribe    Donate

Old 08-23-2010, 08:34 AM   #1
mercutio0305

mercutio0305's Gamercard
Belly of the beast - 70000

how do you get 70000 points in this level?
theres only the t-rex and 4 monsters?
i'm also having trouble to get the top score spider tomb

Last edited by mercutio0305; 08-23-2010 at 10:17 AM.
mercutio0305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 11:05 AM   #2
LongtimeSpanky

JuicyTruffle's Gamercard
Top Score in Spidertomb

Took me a couple of runs to hit the score on this level.
Did alot of my score challenges with the Golden Shotgun but just equip your most powerful and reliable weapon.
I found that going slowly and keeping your power bar full the whole way was best to ensure that the majority of kills you get award you maximum points (plus a full power bar could increase your damage depending on your eqipped artifacts and relics). Might sound unreasonable to suggest not getting hit to keep you power bar full but it is the best way.
Explore! Blow up every splodable item in the search for more gems.
Collect every Gem!
Don't Die (empties your power bar, loses you points >.< and loses you your progress depending on when your last auto save was).
Make every monster spawn. For example the hook where you lower yourself down to get the power up just before the spider queen. Here when you are doing score runs the spiders will spawn again if you lower yourself up and down a few times till you here the spider noise (spiders make noise?) and see them jump to get you then climb up and kill them. I found that after I had collected the item here when I was doing score runs hanging of the hook and dropping down the spiders would not spawn unless I moved up and down twice.
The Challenge room with the Flame Thrower is a great room for many points especially if your power bar is full. In fact flame thrower is great you can just sit in the middle of a room full of monsters and spin around on the spot. Just watch out for when the LARGE spiders splode so you don't get hit by there poison nova.
The triple ball area spawns a nice amount of spiders after you blow the balls up a bit (one well aimed grenade when you stand at the top of the ramp). They spawn behind you and walk up the ramp but sometimes get killed by a rolling ball for ZERO points so keep an eye on them so you can get their points too.
So you can see there are a few tricks to getting a HighScore.

As for Belly of the Beast. Take your time.
Try and keep your power bar full. Usually you fill it up on the T-rex when you are trying to kill him. When the T-rex gets to half health little red lizards spawn in the fire pits. Slowly kill these. Try and kill them on the stone floor so that if they drop gems you an pick them up to get more score. A little patience plus the four skull monsters that spawn and you should have that highscore nailed in no time.

Trick to many of the HighScore Challenges is to not get hit so you get maximum points with a full power bar and to not die.

Hope some of this random info helps.
LongtimeSpanky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 11:55 AM   #3
mercutio0305

mercutio0305's Gamercard
with your help, i finally got both
thanks
mercutio0305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 11:57 AM   #4
LongtimeSpanky

JuicyTruffle's Gamercard
Congratulations!

Nice Very Glad I could help
Old 08-23-2010, 03:32 PM   #5
Thorpe

A Place for Us's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
My total score is 176550 on this level (currently highest on leaderboard so far) and when you work out how the enemies spawn, you'll be able to get more than enough points, especially when you have a the relic meter full.

Also, I think defeating the t-rex within 1-2 minutes (not the same as the 5 minute objective) will nab you a further 30000. So effectively, I could try and go for 200000 but I don't think I could have enough time.

A very quick way of defeating the t-rex is by using the light spears (you unlock these after this level) if you're wanting to improve your time for this level. From the start, on the right using the spider tiles to get across, you can defeat in about 20 seconds. My record is currently 16 seconds, again managing to get to number 1 for the time leaderboard of this level.
Old 08-23-2010, 06:57 PM   #6
Squidward GR

x Vega GR x's Gamercard
Where is the skulls on this level? I have found only 4 out of 10. Any advice?

EDIT: Finally found them, gotta smash some columns and kill some fire enemies...

Last edited by Squidward GR; 08-23-2010 at 07:07 PM.
Squidward GR is offline   Reply With Quote