PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Strategy > Stormrise
Subscribe    Donate

Old 08-23-2010, 05:58 PM   #1
Fried Cola

omg stormrise D:

Not completely sure why I'm making a thread about this, but holy crap is this game terrible. I guess I just needed to unload my psychological trauma after playing thorugh Stormrise twice. Its truly terrible.

its not bad like Golden Axe: Beast Rider "this game is awful" bad, its a "this game is so fundamentally broken its almost unplayable" bad. As in anyone who gets as far as level 3 would immediately notice how the super innovative "whip select" feature is a smelly POS and turns the game into a frustrating broken mess leaving the player fighting the controls trying to select and command units. The lack of a good tutorial doesn't help either.

seriously, I'd like to meet the person who greenlighted this game. If they're not mentally retarded, I'd like to have them tested for drugs (or to determine if they're human). This game defies reason its so awful. I can't imagine anyone wanting to publish Stormrise unless they intentionally wanted to lose money.

The only time I ever understood Sega was when it was being run by Japanese people. The freaks running it now have to be smoking crack. They have to be. That's the only thing that makes sense to me after playing Stormrise. That and the fact they cancel support for turds like this just as they're about to release a second patch (just like they did with this game and AvP)

so yes, anyone wondering if that $5 Stormrise taunting you from that bargain bin at wherever is worth it? Its not. Free is too munch money to spend on Stormrise. It really is that bad.

no random friend requests accepted.
Fried Cola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 11:09 PM   #2
SallyNasty

SallyNasty's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fried Cola View Post
Not completely sure why I'm making a thread about this, but holy crap is this game terrible. I guess I just needed to unload my psychological trauma after playing thorugh Stormrise twice. Its truly terrible.

its not bad like Golden Axe: Beast Rider "this game is awful" bad, its a "this game is so fundamentally broken its almost unplayable" bad. As in anyone who gets as far as level 3 would immediately notice how the super innovative "whip select" feature is a smelly POS and turns the game into a frustrating broken mess leaving the player fighting the controls trying to select and command units. The lack of a good tutorial doesn't help either.

seriously, I'd like to meet the person who greenlighted this game. If they're not mentally retarded, I'd like to have them tested for drugs (or to determine if they're human). This game defies reason its so awful. I can't imagine anyone wanting to publish Stormrise unless they intentionally wanted to lose money.

The only time I ever understood Sega was when it was being run by Japanese people. The freaks running it now have to be smoking crack. They have to be. That's the only thing that makes sense to me after playing Stormrise. That and the fact they cancel support for turds like this just as they're about to release a second patch (just like they did with this game and AvP)

so yes, anyone wondering if that $5 Stormrise taunting you from that bargain bin at wherever is worth it? Its not. Free is too munch money to spend on Stormrise. It really is that bad.
This actually was a really helpful post, as that bargain bin was actually tempting me

SallyNasty is offline   Reply With Quote