Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Mafia 2
Subscribe    Donate

Old 11-07-2010, 10:55 PM   #211
jules the great

Send a message via AIM to jules the great

OldSchoolJules's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
This game looks awesome. Maybe I will start tonight, instead of tomorrow.
Old 11-12-2010, 10:32 AM   #212
Resurgam040

Send a message via MSN to Resurgam040

Resurgam040's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Cheers for making this great topic, it was well worth using it

Thanks to this topicowner and the link to the Card Sharp roadmap for reaching my first 1000g :P Guess Jimmy's vendetta is next
Resurgam040 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 04:44 AM   #213
jmoney8659

Send a message via AIM to jmoney8659

jmoney8659's Gamercard
Achievement Help!!!

I have tried for an hour straight to get the cruise control achievement. anyone have any help or pointers because i am bout to give up on this someone add me Jmoney8659
jmoney8659 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 06:40 AM   #214
ozgoon56

Ozgoon56's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmoney8659 View Post
I have tried for an hour straight to get the cruise control achievement. anyone have any help or pointers because i am bout to give up on this someone add me Jmoney8659
I used the Ascot Bailey that you get when you save the old man. Upgrade it fully to make sure that you have the handling improvement and then it handles like a dream and hardly loses any speed through corners. Then just set your speed limiter and drive the main highway that circles most of the map, the one with the 40mph limit so you don't travel too fast. If you run out of the continual road then the handling should enable you to keep going, just keep an eye on the mini map for the best looking route and try not to hit anything!
Old 11-24-2010, 02:55 AM   #215
jmoney8659

Send a message via AIM to jmoney8659

jmoney8659's Gamercard
i tried the map posted on here but no luck??
jmoney8659 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 07:32 PM   #216
Name Taken

massive spoiler's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by SideDish120 View Post

End of the Rainbow 10
Settle the score with the Irish once and for all.

After you escape the Irishmen and get to Joe's place in Chapter 11, you will go with him to a Bar. Do the shootout with the Irishmen and go to the back. You will see the leader try to escape in a yellow car. Jump in your car on the street and follow the leader until he dies. Ram him and stick near him as much as possible.
*This will unlock through natural story progression*

This one does not unlock naturally. If you don't keep up with the leader in the car he can get away and the story continues without the achievement.

I just wanted to point that out , I'm using this guide right now and its been a big help. Thanks.
Name Taken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 12:26 PM   #217
Mr. SADIST

bro Mr SADIST's Gamercard
Thank you so much! It was very helpful!
Mr. SADIST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 09:11 PM   #218
TehGreyWolf

GreyWolf2K's Gamercard
Nice guide thanks alot
Old 01-01-2011, 06:06 PM   #219
wreckdsoul

wreckdsoul's Gamercard
Thanks for the guide.
wreckdsoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 04:15 PM   #220
Mr Matty
Banned User

Wave 0 Of Horde's Gamercard
Im sorry but this guide is no good at all
this is what really gets me about guides on this site

Why not add a little description about the chapter or when it pops.
Pedal to the Metal The way you described is not possible to most people due to lack of cash . you cant upgrade it twice.
Whats funny is you've posted a different video too. so why didnt you just use that method in the video which is easily obtainable and easily the best way

Cruise Control Why would using a faster car be better for use your brain you have got to stay at one speed for 5 mins so a faster car will run out of highway quicker.

Sharp suiter In the guide you make it sound like you can only get it from. chapter 9 and provide no answer as to where it is out of that mission. Poor work

For the play boy mags the site you have given is a mess i think this site and i found this site alot less confusing http://www.gamesradar.com/f/mafia-ii...25181528720026

End of the Rainbow Can be missed also.

This guide needs alot of improvements. Im shocked you think some of what you put was accepted shows how much you played before submitting. Also shows the people who write the guides rush em to get there first

Last edited by Mr Matty; 01-06-2011 at 08:28 AM.
Mr Matty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 04:23 PM   #221
Zebzyn

Send a message via MSN to Zebzyn

Haarberg94's Gamercard
Don't be silly poster before me, this guide was perfect!
I will give a great thanks to the publisher of it

Zebzyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 09:26 PM   #222
Laajm

Laajm's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Name Taken View Post
This one does not unlock naturally. If you don't keep up with the leader in the car he can get away and the story continues without the achievement.

I just wanted to point that out , I'm using this guide right now and its been a big help. Thanks.
Funny thing: When you see him driving by you when the car chase begins, I just started fireing random, and I managed to hit the gas tank, makeing the car explode... found out later that you normally have to chase him... xD
Laajm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 08:53 PM   #223
Squirrelzofwar

Loved this game. Best story of 2010.
Squirrelzofwar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 10:21 AM   #224
Tyger7
Moderator and Guide Staff

Send a message via AIM to Tyger7 Send a message via MSN to Tyger7 Send a message via Yahoo to Tyger7 Send a message via Skype™ to Tyger7

tyger7's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Gold   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   5,000 Posts   Submit - Silver   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - Tyger7   The Helping Hand   Referrals - Silver   Road Map - Diamond   Achievement Guide - Diamond   Staff - Collectibles Guide Team   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 17 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zebzyn View Post
Don't be silly poster before me, this guide was perfect!
I will give a great thanks to the publisher of it
Okay, so he made a lot of valid points and you give nothing. I am following the guide (sorta) and I have ran into the same situationsl. The hot rod car in Chapter 8...upgrade twice!? I can't upgrade at all considering I have no money after the prison level (your money is depleted afterwards). So if there's some awesome way to make money on the side without doing story missions please fill everyone in.

It says to go to the basement in one story based mission but doesn't mention where it is, and it's not actually on the map provided in game (there's a stand). Would have been nice to know, especially considering it's not story related. The game never tells you to go there as far as I remember.

And I also agree the guide listed for collectibles is a mess. It mentions a bookstore and then mentions for the next collectible "after a shoot out in the bookstore"...But the problem is, the first collectible was also after. Wasted a good amount of my time. Then another point it says "there's an M1" on a crate at a checkpoint. How do we know there is a checkpoint? I imagined M1 being a weapon, not just literally written on a box. I had to backtrack.

As for the Roadmap, it would have been very helpful to include the misables listed by chapter. Just a little list, so people knew what to look for. Could have listed "story related" before the description, not after.
Tyger7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 12:11 AM   #225
KillerBEA
Lords Are Coming

Send a message via Skype™ to KillerBEA

KillerBEA XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Silver   Community Gaming - Platinum   Donator - Level 2   Staff Club - Madhatters13   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 2   Fight Club Challenge Club - Tier 1   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - KillerBEA   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 1
Total Awards: 27 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyger7 View Post
Okay, so he made a lot of valid points and you give nothing. I am following the guide (sorta) and I have ran into the same situationsl. The hot rod car in Chapter 8...upgrade twice!? I can't upgrade at all considering I have no money after the prison level (your money is depleted afterwards). So if there's some awesome way to make money on the side without doing story missions please fill everyone in.
I would think selling cars to either Mike or Derek would work.
If its to stay then it gonna need to noted that you need to sell alot of cars before you go to the foundry to deal will the greasers. This way you have the money to do the upgardes

It says to go to the basement in one story based mission but doesn't mention where it is, and it's not actually on the map provided in game (there's a stand). Would have been nice to know, especially considering it's not story related. The game never tells you to go there as far as I remember.
Agreed. I had to figure this out on my own, which wasnt hard but would of been nice. (The video didnt work for me; and Im sure this issue with many others) any explanation of how to get to basement or a photo of where it is on the map would help those who cant watch the video.

And I also agree the guide listed for collectibles is a mess. It mentions a bookstore and then mentions for the next collectible "after a shoot out in the bookstore"...But the problem is, the first collectible was also after. Wasted a good amount of my time. Then another point it says "there's an M1" on a crate at a checkpoint. How do we know there is a checkpoint? I imagined M1 being a weapon, not just literally written on a box. I had to backtrack.

As for the Roadmap, it would have been very helpful to include the misables listed by chapter. Just a little list, so people knew what to look for. Could have listed "story related" before the description, not after.
Looks like Neverender took care of the roadmap issue.
Quote:
this is what really gets me about guides on this site
I agree its lazy, even a slight description when to expect to unlock with out heavy spoilers would be nice. Had this issue with Ninja Gaiden 2 and the Genshin Redeemed achievement
Old 02-25-2011, 09:32 AM   #226
Tyger7
Moderator and Guide Staff

Send a message via AIM to Tyger7 Send a message via MSN to Tyger7 Send a message via Yahoo to Tyger7 Send a message via Skype™ to Tyger7

tyger7's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Gold   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   5,000 Posts   Submit - Silver   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - Tyger7   The Helping Hand   Referrals - Silver   Road Map - Diamond   Achievement Guide - Diamond   Staff - Collectibles Guide Team   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 17 (more» ...)
I am guilty of the "story related, can't be missed" myself. Sometimes I put mild descriptions.

The reason I like doing them is because it makes it less to worry about. Seeing that phrase let's me know I'll get it just by beating the game. But I guess a little description of when to expect it is nice, or if it's a boss fight maybe tips on how to beat it.

Sidedish just needs a few tweaks, nothing too major.
Tyger7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 12:03 AM   #227
zeroFerus

Send a message via MSN to zeroFerus

zFerus's Gamercard
Talking

Great Guide!
Old 07-26-2011, 01:45 AM   #228
dieselimage

DIESELIMAGE's Gamercard
Can't say enough how much I enjoyed this game from every aspect. a lil GTA4 but with its own style to say the least. thanks and props to all who provided for this great great guide thanks for the 1K Yall!!
Old 07-28-2011, 07:37 AM   #229
mesoungodlyfast

mesoungodlyfast's Gamercard
This roadmap was actually pretty great. I dont watch the videos though, so the Playboy link sucked, same with the one on gamefaqs. I looked for the one 'IN" the bookstore for 5 minutes before finding it outside the door AFTER the bookstore.
Old 09-23-2011, 03:14 PM   #230
phil and dime

phil and dime's Gamercard
thanks for the guide.
phil and dime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 03:59 PM   #231
tanglefaerie

tanglefaerie's Gamercard
thanks for your help great guide
tanglefaerie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 08:59 PM   #232
UKz Pedrooooo

UKz Pedrooooo's Gamercard
Smile

thanks for the locations of the posters
UKz Pedrooooo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 04:14 AM   #233
RedBellEnd

RedBellEnd's Gamercard
I CBA reading through 8 pages of post's.. So can anyone tell me if they fixed the glitch with completing the game on hard mode?
And I heard that if you don't get all the posters/magazines during one playthrough you can't get those two achievements??

If these aren't fixed I won't be able to finish the none-DLC part to 1000 GS
RedBellEnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 04:13 AM   #234
Fester

Good guide. The collectables took awhile. Found about 10 playboys & 2 wanted posters just playing through naturally. That's what I get for looking in the guide after finishing the game.

Cruise Control: A bus works great. Stay on the freeway. Top speed is about 55-65.

I had no idea there was a 2nd way to escape with Leo .

Last edited by Fester; 02-06-2012 at 04:19 AM. Reason: Didn't know escape out window was there?!
Fester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 05:09 AM   #235
II RicKz II

II RicKz II's Gamercard
thanks for the guide man
II RicKz II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 03:40 PM   #236
DESTRO5

RisottoRage's Gamercard
Dlc

I saw where the PS3 version of this had DLC ours didn't. Will this ever be available to 360 users?

DESTRO5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 04:36 AM   #237
zarda1

Zarda1's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by DESTRO5 View Post
I saw where the PS3 version of this had DLC ours didn't. Will this ever be available to 360 users?
If you buy the Platinum Hits edition of this game it basically comes with every add-on you can download for the live marketplace as well as the previously ps3 exclusive add-on. everything comes on a second disc to be installed to your HD. i just picked it up from overstock.com for $12.xx but had a hard time finding it. Exclusive DLC and 1500G plus bonuses!
zarda1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 06:07 AM   #238
Tangy Oraguton

Tangy 0raguton's Gamercard
pretty bad

This achievement guide is way out of order i could have missed some achievements if i didn't go to the bottom first. like ones you get for chapter five should be listed with the complete chapter 5 achievement if its a roadmap it should be that way, and if the headshot achievement is easiest in chapter one you should post it with the chapter one achievement so you don't miss it. Tailored suits are not available after chapter nine either, i'm there right now and no shop has them, so you're miss informing people.
Tangy Oraguton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 07:46 AM   #239
Tangy Oraguton

Tangy 0raguton's Gamercard

Not trying to be an african booty scratcher i just thought that might help you, sorry its a very good guide its helped me in most parts, but i just thought you could do that because i did miss the headshot one. As you said though i guess i can just load up the chapter again and do it.
Tangy Oraguton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 05:26 PM   #240
yacolek

yacolek's Gamercard
Thanks for the guide!

P.S. You can make the 'One careful driver' achievement in DLC car - comments are wrong, just did in Potomac Elysium.
yacolek is offline   Reply With Quote