PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Fighting > Scott Pilgrim vs. the World
Subscribe    Donate

Old 08-25-2010, 01:50 PM   #1
Heroic Fortune

Heroic Fortune's Gamercard
Mr. Chau?

So, I managed to get up to the last stage but Knives father hasn't shown up yet on the main map.. is there something I need to do?
Old 08-25-2010, 03:50 PM   #2
Xoatl

Xoatl's Gamercard
He's a random occurrence.
Old 08-26-2010, 04:42 AM   #3
sinwar14

sinwar14's Gamercard
do you have to do an entire level for him to appear... cause i kept on exiting a stage for 2 hours straight and still no Mr.Chau

sinwar14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 07:22 AM   #4
mcnichoj

mcnichoj's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Arcade Crazy - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinwar14 View Post
do you have to do an entire level for him to appear... cause i kept on exiting a stage for 2 hours straight and still no Mr.Chau
Another user said it was possible to just start the stage and exit to the map over and over again. Maybe you just have really bad luck?

“You’re acting like a little girl lately. And not in a good way.” - Henry Winkler

People tell me I'm weird and that I'm not conventional
Someone asked me what my dream girl is and I told them with a lot of depth but two dimensional
mcnichoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 07:27 AM   #5
sinwar14

sinwar14's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnichoj View Post
Another user said it was possible to just start the stage and exit to the map over and over again. Maybe you just have really bad luck?
its prolly cause i dont believe in luck

Old 08-26-2010, 07:30 AM   #6
mcnichoj

mcnichoj's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Arcade Crazy - Bronze
Quote:
its prolly cause i dont believe in luck
Nor do I, it's all just probability of an event occurring.
You just so happen to have unfavorable probability.

“You’re acting like a little girl lately. And not in a good way.” - Henry Winkler

People tell me I'm weird and that I'm not conventional
Someone asked me what my dream girl is and I told them with a lot of depth but two dimensional
mcnichoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 07:32 AM   #7
sinwar14

sinwar14's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnichoj View Post
Nor do I, it's all just probability of an event occurring.
You just so happen to have unfavorable probability.
exactly!!! o well will try again later today hopefully i hit the magic percentage and get him. then off to getting nega scott

Old 08-26-2010, 11:40 AM   #8
DJ579

DJ579's Gamercard
well Mr. Chau has popped up in my game multiple times...and I beat him every time. but only got the one sticker thing, one time...anyone know how you would get the rest of them?
DJ579 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 02:02 PM   #9
sizone

sizone's Gamercard
What I've found out so far: Beat the game on easy, let the credits role then go back to campaign, select the hardest difficulty and choose the character you just beat the game with. Mr. Chau will be waiting for you. Beat him and you'll unlock him and his missus for -that character only-. Once they're unlocked spam the striker attack, Mr. Chau comes out about 1 out of every 2 or three strikes and Mrs. Chau about once in every 10-20.
To get the achievement then you need to beat the game with all the characters (not sure if negascott or Knives are required yet), unlock the elder Chaus for all the characters then summon both of them. It's basically a "beat the game with all characters" achievement and it'll take a while to get. Just be glad they didn't do the same on Castle Crashers.
sizone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 02:06 PM   #10
L0cke89

Send a message via ICQ to L0cke89 Send a message via MSN to L0cke89

L0cke89's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Silver   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sizone View Post
What I've found out so far: Beat the game on easy, let the credits role then go back to campaign, select the hardest difficulty and choose the character you just beat the game with. Mr. Chau will be waiting for you. Beat him and you'll unlock him and his missus for -that character only-. Once they're unlocked spam the striker attack, Mr. Chau comes out about 1 out of every 2 or three strikes and Mrs. Chau about once in every 10-20.
To get the achievement then you need to beat the game with all the characters (not sure if negascott or Knives are required yet), unlock the elder Chaus for all the characters then summon both of them. It's basically a "beat the game with all characters" achievement and it'll take a while to get. Just be glad they didn't do the same on Castle Crashers.
Nope, no Mr. Chau after the game. I got him twice during the normal game but always, when my HP was like 20-30 so he beat me >.>

1st on x360a to 200/200 Bastion and 400/400 THPS:HD
L0cke89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 02:09 PM   #11
N3xus Gam3r

Send a message via Skype™ to N3xus Gam3r

Noxington's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
He appeared 2 times for me, both with a win-win situation

he seems to appear randomly
Old 08-26-2010, 02:34 PM   #12
-GJ-

IkBenGJ's Gamercard
Been trying to get him show up for like 45 minutes now, but with no luck .
-GJ- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 06:57 PM   #13
NUTTY CRUSADER

NUTTY CRUSADER's Gamercard
Does he not come at all after you beat the game? I saw him once before with like no HP left, but never saw him again...
NUTTY CRUSADER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 07:46 PM   #14
Todaysforgotten

Todaysforgotten's Gamercard
I just beat the game with all 4 characters and have yet to see this dude pop up anywhere. I'm thinking about playing it with nega to see if anything else unlocks...don't really want to.
Todaysforgotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 09:25 PM   #15
NUTTY CRUSADER

This is starting to annoy me, really. I'm trying everything to get him to appear, and it's not happening. Maybe I'll just play to unlock Nega Scott and just find him again...
Old 08-26-2010, 09:37 PM   #16
Todaysforgotten

Beat the game with Negascott. Nothing unlocked. 5th run-through and no Chau.
Old 08-26-2010, 09:54 PM   #17
nateeasy

nateeasy's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
He just popped up for me in my second playthru. He is just a little icon on the map so it may be possible to overlook.
nateeasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 10:08 PM   #18
Napp

I got him 1st play through after beating Level 5.. didn't think he was rare but I walked up to him anyway and we did battle
Napp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 10:11 PM   #19
Son of Kyuss

Son of Kyuss's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   1,000 Posts
He popped up on my map once I beat the game. You have to take into consideration that it's a random encounter, you're gonna have to tough it and either continue playing through the game as whatever character you choose and just look at the map once you beat a stage. Otherwise just keep returning to map until he finally shows up.

Son of Kyuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 12:33 AM   #20
jonnyboi2008

Jonny Boi 2008's Gamercard
Ok so i see Mr.Chau on the map but he's beside the level is any one else having this problem 2?
jonnyboi2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 12:58 AM   #21
T-Hybrid

Torhu Hybrid's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Chau showed up on the map. I slide kicked him and the game locked up. Haven't seen him since...
Old 08-27-2010, 01:13 AM   #22
Todaysforgotten

This is the stupidest achievement. I've spent so much time messing around with this game that at this point there is no point in not getting this final achievement. Why make this an achievement? If this were just part of the game (as it is) I would even care to try to fight him.

I finally get chau but, i don't have any cheats on and its on the hardest level and i have no health. With the controls being wonky sometimes they got the best of me as i had him glowing fast. Now another 80 hours before i get him again. So much fun.
Old 08-27-2010, 01:48 AM   #23
NUTTY CRUSADER

Maybe certain conditions have to be met?
Old 08-27-2010, 01:55 AM   #24
Mars Renegade

mars renegade's Gamercard
The times I have managed to unlock Mr. Chau, what I did was replay the Todd boss fight over and over - it's quick (especially at 100 str), you get 20 bucks and an extra life. Usually after the 2nd or 3rd defeat he's popped on the map, and I've done it a couple times.

Obviously no guarantee it'll work for everyone, but, that's my method.

WE ARE SEX BOB-OMB!

Mars Renegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 02:38 AM   #25
T-Hybrid

Torhu Hybrid's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todaysforgotten View Post
Why make this an achievement?
Because it requires a certain level of skill and luck to unlock.
Old 08-27-2010, 02:56 AM   #26
Todaysforgotten

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Hybrid View Post
I don't buy that as their reasoning or as any reasoning. I firmly believe most of the time a dev does not think of how to make achievements hard. When they do it fits into the norm of: beating a game without dying or continuing or with out any upgrades or powerups. The most logical things...

This to me is something they thought would either be cool or quickly thought up. Any time probability is used in an achievement is a bit overkill.

Since you can do this with cheats or on any setting skill is hardly involved. I mean isnt that what most of us do when it comes to unlocking an achievement? We take the easiest road? Kinda defeats their true purpose in a who's who generation of achievement achievers.
Old 08-27-2010, 03:16 AM   #27
sinwar14

sinwar14's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Hybrid View Post
luck isn't real dude its all probability

Old 08-27-2010, 04:19 AM   #28
T-Hybrid

Torhu Hybrid's Gamercard

Quote:
I don't buy that as their reasoning or as any reasoning. I firmly believe most of the time a dev does not think of how to make achievements hard. When they do it fits into the norm of: beating a game without dying or continuing or with out any upgrades or powerups. The most logical things...

This to me is something they thought would either be cool or quickly thought up. Any time probability is used in an achievement is a bit overkill.

Since you can do this with cheats or on any setting skill is hardly involved. I mean isnt that what most of us do when it comes to unlocking an achievement? We take the easiest road? Kinda defeats their true purpose in a who's who generation of achievement achievers.
That's a whole lot of words to say: "I can't unlock it so it sucks."

Quote:
luck isn't real dude its all probability
You're lucky if the probabilty lines up as such that you're not low on health when he appears. And you're also lucky if the game doesn't freeze while you're fighting him (as mine did).
Old 08-27-2010, 04:40 AM   #29
Todaysforgotten

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mars Renegade View Post
The times I have managed to unlock Mr. Chau, what I did was replay the Todd boss fight over and over - it's quick (especially at 100 str), you get 20 bucks and an extra life. Usually after the 2nd or 3rd defeat he's popped on the map, and I've done it a couple times.

Obviously no guarantee it'll work for everyone, but, that's my method.
You're a life-saver, dude. This worked on the 3rd go against Todd. And since i can't unlock it, so it sucks, i beat it on the hardest setting without getting hit and with no cheats...(t-hybrid).

There is no such thing as luck. Its variance and probability that determine what you are trying to defend as, "luck."
Old 08-27-2010, 05:24 AM   #30
T-Hybrid

Torhu Hybrid's Gamercard

Quote:
You're a life-saver, dude. This worked on the 3rd go against Todd. And since i can't unlock it, so it sucks, i beat it on the hardest setting without getting hit and with no cheats...(t-hybrid).
Wow...take it personally much? And apparently you're no longer acting like this achievement sucks and the game is broken and the makers should apologize to you. Likely because you've unlocked it now so all's good.

I see it all the time. Achievements are the worst thing ever until the person unlocks them, then suddenly they're no problem and the world goes on as if it never happened.

Quote:
There is no such thing as luck. Its variance and probability that determine what you are trying to defend as, "luck."
Wow, I realize the cliche about "Winners make their own luck" and all that good stuff....but man, talk about driving it home ad nauseum here.

I'll tell you what luck is. Good luck is having your console locking freeze come just after the game has saved your progress. Bad luck (which I had) is having it come just as the Mr. Chau battle starts.

Good luck is what you call it when favorable probabilities start paying off for you. Bad luck is what you call it when unfavorable probabilities start piling up against you.

Clear? Good? Is this stupid semantics bru-ha-ha over now?

Last edited by T-Hybrid; 08-27-2010 at 05:27 AM.
T-Hybrid is offline   Reply With Quote