PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Fighting > Scott Pilgrim vs. the World
Subscribe    Donate

Old 08-27-2010, 07:33 AM   #31
sinwar14

sinwar14's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Hybrid View Post
I'll tell you what luck is. Good luck is having your console locking freeze come just after the game has saved your progress. Bad luck (which I had) is having it come just as the Mr. Chau battle starts.

Good luck is what you call it when favorable probabilities start paying off for you. Bad luck is what you call it when unfavorable probabilities start piling up against you.

Clear? Good? Is this stupid semantics bru-ha-ha over now?
i hate to still be dragging this out but "luck" is a word/thing that humanity created to have something to believe in(we depend to much on non-existent things as a species)

and i still havent found mr. chau sadly... will try later today...again

sinwar14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 07:39 AM   #32
mcnichoj

mcnichoj's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Xbox One Maximum Clubs Novice   1,000 Posts   Arcade Crazy - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinwar14 View Post
i hate to still be dragging this out but "luck" is a word/thing that humanity created to have something to believe in(we depend to much on non-existent things as a species)

and i still havent found mr. chau sadly... will try later today...again
Tried playing as different characters?

“You’re acting like a little girl lately. And not in a good way.” - Henry Winkler

People tell me I'm weird and that I'm not conventional
Someone asked me what my dream girl is and I told them with a lot of depth but two dimensional
mcnichoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 07:42 AM   #33
sinwar14

sinwar14's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnichoj View Post
Tried playing as different characters?
well as 1 other then got bored and started playing starcraft 2

Old 08-27-2010, 09:27 AM   #34
Phoenix57775

Phoenix57775's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mars Renegade View Post
The times I have managed to unlock Mr. Chau, what I did was replay the Todd boss fight over and over - it's quick (especially at 100 str), you get 20 bucks and an extra life. Usually after the 2nd or 3rd defeat he's popped on the map, and I've done it a couple times.

Obviously no guarantee it'll work for everyone, but, that's my method.
This worked like a charm! I had already played through the game three times and Chau was still a no show. Then I tried your method and right after my third battle with Todd, there was Chau! Excellent find my friend, was really getting worried he wasn't gunna show up for me.
Phoenix57775 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 12:32 PM   #35
Mars Renegade

mars renegade's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix57775 View Post
This worked like a charm! I had already played through the game three times and Chau was still a no show. Then I tried your method and right after my third battle with Todd, there was Chau! Excellent find my friend, was really getting worried he wasn't gunna show up for me.
No problem, glad it helped.

WE ARE SEX BOB-OMB!

Mars Renegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 02:25 PM   #36
T-Hybrid

Torhu Hybrid's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I wonder if the "trigger" is just beating Todd and that sets off the probability. Again, storyline wise it makes sense since it's between Todd and Roxy that Mr. Chau shows up to confront Scott about what he did to Knives.

Heck, the one and only time I've seen him so far is after the first time I beat Todd.
Old 08-27-2010, 03:24 PM   #37
ShazamFTW

ShazamFTW's Gamercard
A)Luck can be used to describe something that happened past tense. i.e. I was "lucky" I was "unlucky", however describing future tense as "I will be lucky" is stupid. Ignoring the ability to be lucky or not in the past tense is stupid.

B)Anyway, with that said, does anyone have a screenshot of Mr. Chau on the map, so I know what to be looking for? :-)
Old 08-27-2010, 04:37 PM   #38
NUTTY CRUSADER

NUTTY CRUSADER's Gamercard
Come to think of it, the one time I did see Mr. Chau was after the Todd fight...

Time to go kill Todd like fifty times.
NUTTY CRUSADER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 05:25 PM   #39
MONOXBOOG1E

Miller RDS's Gamercard
I just found and defeated him last night and here's how he showed up for me:

After clearing the game with Scott on Average Joe difficulty i maxed out his stats and then collected around $600. I then started a 2-player game on Average Joe difficulty again with Scott as P1 and Kim as P2 with the intent to transfer the $600 to Kim and then transfer that back to my main on another character (Ramona, Kim, Stills) to make the next playthrough quicker. As soon as i started up that 2-player game Mr. Chau was sitting right there at the Chaos Theater.

It definitely looks to be a random occurance for him to appear but there very well may be some prerequisites for it to happen as well.
Old 08-27-2010, 06:11 PM   #40
sinwar14

sinwar14's Gamercard
finally found him after over 1000 return to maps he appeared about 100 of them were killing todd and now i get him and ms.chau every other time

Old 08-27-2010, 07:11 PM   #41
Kailaz182

Kailaz182's Gamercard
Playing "The Main Stage" over and over will spawn Mr. Chau. Just did it myself. Got it on 3rd try. You have to defeat Todd and in few tries Mr. Chau will show up
Old 08-27-2010, 07:18 PM   #42
T-Hybrid

Torhu Hybrid's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShazamFTW View Post
B)Anyway, with that said, does anyone have a screenshot of Mr. Chau on the map, so I know what to be looking for? :-)
I don't have a screen, but it's a guy dressed in black that's about the size of your character's icon on the map. He stands on top of the level icon, so you'll know he's there when the normally yellow spot on the map is black.
Old 08-27-2010, 07:59 PM   #43
NUTTY CRUSADER

I just got Mr. Chau by playing "The Main Stage" 3 times. Seems to be a sure-fire of way f making it happen...
Old 08-27-2010, 09:35 PM   #44
nano scythe

nano scythe's Gamercard
I have Mr. Chau, I got him when playing as Kim. Do I have him unlocked for everyone or will I have to use Kim to get the Chaudown achievement?
nano scythe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 09:36 PM   #45
Mars Renegade

Quote:
Originally Posted by nano scythe View Post
I have Mr. Chau, I got him when playing as Kim. Do I have him unlocked for everyone or will I have to use Kim to get the Chaudown achievement?
Have to use Kim, you unlock him only for the character you fought him with.

I will try to see about getting the method I posted added to the achievement guide.

WE ARE SEX BOB-OMB!

Old 08-27-2010, 09:48 PM   #46
N3xus Gam3r

Send a message via Skype™ to N3xus Gam3r

Noxington's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Quote:
Have to use Kim, you unlock him only for the character you fought him with.

I will try to see about getting the method I posted added to the achievement guide.
Thats not right, ive been using him for several characters, only unlocked him with one of them :b
Old 08-27-2010, 09:56 PM   #47
nano scythe

nano scythe's Gamercard
Also, I was getting Kim's last move, and before I went into the forest level I got a glimpse of another figure on the map. Since I already have Mr. Chau I'm just wondering if he shows up again? Or if it's a different character?
nano scythe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 10:52 PM   #48
TakahashiDemon

Awards Showcase Gamer Chick!   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
btw people, it's easier to make him appear if you fight a boss, like don't quit out of the stage, I had him appear 3 times in my game, 1st time fail, other 2 times I beat him, I'm just wondering, does he need to be beat by each character? And what about Mrs Chau? does she have to be summoned by each character? I'll like to know as I'm for working on this achievement soon.

It also wasn't Todd it was Lucas Lee on hardest mode, and Ninja girl was my second.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nano scythe View Post
Also, I was getting Kim's last move, and before I went into the forest level I got a glimpse of another figure on the map. Since I already have Mr. Chau I'm just wondering if he shows up again? Or if it's a different character?
I got him at that time too, and you don't needa worry, he's shown up 3 times for me, if you get defeated first time, you can always try getting him appearing again.

Last edited by TakahashiDemon; 08-27-2010 at 10:58 PM.
TakahashiDemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 12:06 AM   #49
L1 SyCo L1

L1 SyCo L1's Gamercard
All I have to say is that I really enjoy it when he shows up and then you have him to the point of death and the game crashes..... good times.
Old 08-28-2010, 12:48 AM   #50
Mars Renegade

Quote:
Originally Posted by N3xus Gam3r View Post
Thats not right, ive been using him for several characters, only unlocked him with one of them :b
Yup you're right, dunno where I came up with that.

MYYYY BAD.

WE ARE SEX BOB-OMB!

Old 08-28-2010, 01:33 AM   #51
NUTTY CRUSADER

That'll make fights easier. Mr. Chau destroys everything!
Old 08-28-2010, 08:18 AM   #52
MasterWolf

Quote:
The times I have managed to unlock Mr. Chau, what I did was replay the Todd boss fight over and over - it's quick (especially at 100 str), you get 20 bucks and an extra life. Usually after the 2nd or 3rd defeat he's popped on the map, and I've done it a couple times.

Obviously no guarantee it'll work for everyone, but, that's my method.
I can also confirm, it has to be at the highest difficulty though. I was trying at easy and normal and it wouldn't work, but then when I switched to hard it worked right away. I was also at 75/200 hp.
MasterWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 02:16 PM   #53
Sharkington

Pet Avenger's Gamercard
He appeared for me during my first playthrough, which was Scott on Supreme Master difficulty. It was after I had already done a TON of grinding to get my level and stats all the way up, since this was before I knew about paying off the late fee to raise my stats faster.

I played through with every other character on Average Joe (and a second time with Kim) and never saw Mr. Chau again. So maybe play on Supreme Master when you're trying to get him to appear? It may just be entirely random, but it couldn't hurt to try that.

The Todd method seems to be working for people, but he appeared for me after getting killed by Gideon and continuing.

Last edited by Sharkington; 08-28-2010 at 02:35 PM.
Sharkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 09:34 PM   #54
Jay_Tigran

Jay Tigran's Gamercard
I also tried the Todd method and it worked after the 3rd go around
Old 08-29-2010, 12:35 AM   #55
justindcovey

justindcovey's Gamercard
I tried the Todd way but it didn't work, Roxy on the other hand got it for me twice in a row.
Old 08-29-2010, 12:41 AM   #56
mcnichoj

mcnichoj's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Xbox One Maximum Clubs Novice   1,000 Posts   Arcade Crazy - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TakahashiDemon View Post
I'm just wondering, does he need to be beat by each character? And what about Mrs Chau? does she have to be summoned by each character? I'll like to know as I'm for working on this achievement soon.
No, I only beat him with two characters and still got it.

“You’re acting like a little girl lately. And not in a good way.” - Henry Winkler

People tell me I'm weird and that I'm not conventional
Someone asked me what my dream girl is and I told them with a lot of depth but two dimensional
mcnichoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 01:44 AM   #57
TakahashiDemon

Awards Showcase Gamer Chick!   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
I don't know if this is true or not, but I heard this rumor that if you only beat Mr Chau with a character that has completed the game, the achievement glitches, do you really need to use a character that hasn't completed the game to get it? Kinda want to know before I finish off the next 3 playthroughs.

TakahashiDemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 01:47 AM   #58
NUTTY CRUSADER

Quote:
Originally Posted by TakahashiDemon View Post
I don't know if this is true or not, but I heard this rumor that if you only beat Mr Chau with a character that has completed the game, the achievement glitches, do you really need to use a character that hasn't completed the game to get it? Kinda want to know before I finish off the next 3 playthroughs.
Aw geez I hope that's not true...

Completed Games: 9
Retail: Avatar: The Last Airbender: The Burning Earth, Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing, Tetris Evolution
Arcade: Banjo-Kazooie, Scott Pilgrim VS. The World: The Game, Pac-Man, Ms. Pac-Man, Worms, Castle Crashers
Old 08-29-2010, 09:27 PM   #59
HeatGuyStu

HeatGuyStu's Gamercard
At f*ckin last. Didn't work with beating Todd a zillion times in a row but did on the 2nd go with Roxy. What is also worth noting for everyone is that Mr Chau is not exactly the easiest guy in the game so don't just assume you'll take him when he shows up. Altho I did have it on Supreme Master, only because he didn't show up at all on any other skill level. Anyway, I played Todd so many times I now officially hate the Akira veggie rip off.
Old 08-30-2010, 06:02 AM   #60
Rev. Link

RevLink's Gamercard
I just wanted to add that he popped up for me after my third time in a row beating Todd, but I was only on Average Joe. Seems difficulty is not a factor.
Rev. Link is offline   Reply With Quote