PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Fighting > Scott Pilgrim vs. the World
Subscribe    Donate

Old 08-30-2010, 01:30 PM   #61
ErmacVersion1

ErmacVersion1's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Finally got the bastard to appear for Scott after beating Roxie twice, since the Todd method didn't work and I had 86 lives and over a grand to show for it. Chau is now mine for Scott, and Scott only. You do have to beat him with each character to get both Chaus as strikers. After I got him with Scott, I tried using him with other characters and he wouldn't show up.
ErmacVersion1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 03:39 AM   #62
Rev. Link

RevLink's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErmacVersion1 View Post
Finally got the bastard to appear for Scott after beating Roxie twice, since the Todd method didn't work and I had 86 lives and over a grand to show for it. Chau is now mine for Scott, and Scott only. You do have to beat him with each character to get both Chaus as strikers. After I got him with Scott, I tried using him with other characters and he wouldn't show up.
Okay, I'm having this same problem, but I've read multiple posts here claiming the opposite. Another thing I've read here is that only one character has to use Mr. and Mrs. Chau in order to unlock the Chaudown achievement. So maybe it doesn't matter if we can't use them with the other characters.
Rev. Link is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 01:10 PM   #63
ErmacVersion1

ErmacVersion1's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev. Link View Post
Okay, I'm having this same problem, but I've read multiple posts here claiming the opposite. Another thing I've read here is that only one character has to use Mr. and Mrs. Chau in order to unlock the Chaudown achievement. So maybe it doesn't matter if we can't use them with the other characters.
I'm hoping that's the case as I beat Mr. Chau with Ramona last night. After beating the game with her, he was just chilling at the start of level 7. I beat him with Ramona and unlocked him, then used him in the shopping district, but Mrs. Chau never once showed up. I'm not sure what the hell is going on, but this is one wonky annoying achievement. Easily doable, but a major pain in the ass nonetheless.
ErmacVersion1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 04:51 PM   #64
TakahashiDemon

Awards Showcase Gamer Chick!   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
I'm hoping that's the case as I beat Mr. Chau with Ramona last night. After beating the game with her, he was just chilling at the start of level 7. I beat him with Ramona and unlocked him, then used him in the shopping district, but Mrs. Chau never once showed up. I'm not sure what the hell is going on, but this is one wonky annoying achievement. Easily doable, but a major pain in the ass nonetheless.
She'll show up, she is just really rare, you'll get her eventually.

TakahashiDemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 05:08 PM   #65
MONOXBOOG1E

Miller RDS's Gamercard
Quote:
You absolutely do not have to beat Mr. Chau with each character to get Mrs. Chau, i only beat him with Scott and Ramona and i got the achievement. Mr. & Mrs. Chau will only appear as strikers for the characters that have defeated Mr. Chau, not for all characters.

What i did was play through will all characters using their unique striker calls several times during the first few levels and unlocked Nega Scott. I then when through the first level with Nega Scott using his striker call several times. I then went to level 3 with Scott (who had defeated Mr. Chau) and began spamming his striker call. Only took 4 or 5 tries to get Mrs. Chau to show up and Mr. Chau showed up twice, achievement unlocked right on que. I did not even attempt to call Mr. or Mrs. Chau until i had used every other striker call, maybe that had something to do with it.
Old 09-01-2010, 04:22 PM   #66
masterlink55

Send a message via AIM to masterlink55 Send a message via MSN to masterlink55 Send a message via Yahoo to masterlink55

RenewedSpark's Gamercard
UGH! This is SO annoying. I HATE it when something gets in the way of my final achievement that involves complete randomness. This is reminding me of Sonic and Sega All Stars Racing. The final achievement for unlocking all other achievements will unlock at random. It's been over 3 months since I got 900 in that game and to this day, still no luck.
Sorry, back on the subject, I've defeated Todd 7 times in a row, still no luck. Incase any of this matters, I've beaten the game with everyone, just unlocked Nega Scott, I'm playing as normal Scott with all stats maxed out, difficulty is Average Joe, and I'm not using any cheats.
Old 09-02-2010, 03:31 AM   #67
masterlink55

Send a message via AIM to masterlink55 Send a message via MSN to masterlink55 Send a message via Yahoo to masterlink55

RenewedSpark's Gamercard
Sorry to post again but I GOT HIM! YES!!! I just got home from work, put the difficulty on Supreme Master and decided to beat up on Todd ONCE for an extra life, then BAM! He showed up near stage 6. After defeating him, I went to a stage, summoned Mr Chau, then immediately afterwards, summoned Ms Chau. 200/200
Old 09-03-2010, 05:57 AM   #68
Aquaman6686

Aquaman6686's Gamercard
Spent nearly 4 hours exiting in and out of levels, fighting Todd over and over, even going back the the main menu and back into the game repeatedly. He has NEVER appeared.
Aquaman6686 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 09:09 AM   #69
Westrunner

westrunner's Gamercard
My experience:

After going after the twins repeatedly (10 times maybe) and having already beat the game on Supreme Difficulty with Scott, the Todd Ingram method worked for me on regular difficulty with Stills who I had not yet beat the game with. The fourth time I beat Todd he was on the board.

Also I am stunned how often he and Mrs. Chau pop out. Having called strikers 10 times she showed up once and he showed up six times. Now I just have to hope that she doesn't have to actually kill anyone for the 'chievement to pop.
Westrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 08:50 PM   #70
Fromaginator

So what is the consensus on Mrs.Chau is she just rarer when you press the LB? I beat Mr.Chau once as Kim while I was going through average joe.
Old 09-05-2010, 09:08 PM   #71
Sampson

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
I personally haven't gotten him yet, but my brother got him after beating the first level. He didn't kill him though. What happens when you do?

"Everyone is entitled to their own sorrow, for the
heart has no metrics or form of measure. And all of
it... irreplaceable."

Thanks to Rajeanero for the excellent signature!
Sampson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 11:45 PM   #72
tobiasdennis
Banned User

Send a message via AIM to tobiasdennis

doomfarmer's Gamercard
I've maxed out all my characters and in the meantime chau hasn't shown up on my map ONCE. this is SERIOUSLY an 'effing dumb achievement. fuck this game.
tobiasdennis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 04:08 AM   #73
eightyse7en

as it stands for me: finished the game with all characters, used the striker for all characters (making sure i definitely dealt damage with the relevant strikers), unlocked negascott.

once i finished my run through with negascott i took the advice from here and went through the main stage looking for chau. first go, he popped up between stage 1 and 2 once i was back at the map. so far i've only defeated chau with negascott alone.

i've used mr and mrs chau enough times with negascott to be certain that chau's dealt damage because, let's face it, he's immense; but mrs chau's also scared off a fair few people.

but still no striker achievement as of yet. i've also left the credits running each time if that even matters.. god i hate those credits.

that leaves me with one option left - killing chau with the rest of the characters and using both the chau strikers with each one.

also, i love the music from the film set stage. the sooner it's my ringtone the better.
eightyse7en is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 02:24 PM   #74
Fromaginator

I agree those credits are a it out of hand I beat the game three times yesterday so I could get negascott and it honestly takes about an hour to finish the game on average joe with bionic arms and the power of love, and then the credits are something like 15 minutes.

As to my own question earlier when you unlock Mr.Chau he and mrs.chau ocassionally show up when you use the striker, and I think the best person to try to get mrs.chau with is Romona since if you get knives she'll give you back some guts making it less of a waste.
Old 09-07-2010, 04:47 AM   #75
Greg0fTheDead

Greg0fTheDead's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
I beat the game with stills co-op on avg. joe then came to this thread to read up on this cheevo. I did the Todd method and he popped up after I beat todd a second time on AVERAGE JOE difficulty. I really feel sorry for anyone thats been trying to get him for hours cause he popped up for me within ten minutes..

I think I spent more time reading this thread then I did trying to get him to show up.

lolz?

Last edited by Greg0fTheDead; 09-07-2010 at 05:04 AM.
Greg0fTheDead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 06:45 PM   #76
Kerwyn2112

Kerwyn2112's Gamercard
Finally got him to appear while playing as Scott, using the Todd method (Starting on "The Main Stage" and finishing the stage, defeating Todd). Took me nearly 40-50 tries, using different methods I saw online. I bumped the difficulty up to Rough and Tough after about 30ish attempts on Average Joe and after a few more attempts, Chau finally appeared on the "Level 5, Halloween Party" marker.

I'm not sure what really affects his pop rate. I used a number of different tactics, including not using any cheats, boosting up the difficulty a bit, and lowers my health down to 30 (I kept my Guts maxed out though).

Even on Rough and Tough, my maxed out Scott made short work of him (Already got killed by him twice previously before I had Scott maxed out, so I wasn't going to let him push me over again XD) and the fight only lasted for about a minute tops.

I had a heck of a time trying to get him to appear, so hopefully any of my forementioned methods help those who are having a bad time trying to get him to appear on the map.
Kerwyn2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 02:34 AM   #77
eightyse7en

Fromaginator, Greg0fTheDead and Kerwyn2112,

you've all mentioned getting chau but have any of you got the achievement yet? i've got chau with scott and negascott (and used all strikers) but still no achievement; i'm just trying to narrow down the criteria for it.

it's sounding more and more like i need to get chau for all characters but i don't want to say that for definite if it isn't true.
eightyse7en is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 03:49 AM   #78
Kerwyn2112

Kerwyn2112's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by eightyse7en View Post
Fromaginator, Greg0fTheDead and Kerwyn2112,

you've all mentioned getting chau but have any of you got the achievement yet? i've got chau with scott and negascott (and used all strikers) but still no achievement; i'm just trying to narrow down the criteria for it.

it's sounding more and more like i need to get chau for all characters but i don't want to say that for definite if it isn't true.
I'm still working on unlocking NegaScott, the majority of my time was spent getting Chau that I haven't had the time to go through the game with all four characters.

Besides, if you're having issues, try resetting your System Cache. Haven't seen that as a common fix on the forums, but I know it works with other achievement problems.

EDIT: Just ran through all four storylines and got NegaScott. Used NegaKnives once and achievement popped no problem.

Last edited by Kerwyn2112; 09-10-2010 at 02:02 PM.
Kerwyn2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 10:09 PM   #79
Agefist

Agefist's Gamercard
?

Do you have to find him with every character, or just once?
Agefist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 12:55 AM   #80
Astian

Send a message via MSN to Astian

Astian's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agefist View Post
Do you have to find him with every character, or just once?
Each character has to beat him individually to be able to get him to appear as their Striker move. However to unlock the Chaudown Achievement, one character only needs to summon both him and Mrs. Chau. They both appear randomly, however enemies need to be on the screen for Mrs. Chau to appear. Otherwise it will be Knives who will jump on and off the screen, or Mr Chau who will appear, bow, then disappear.
Old 11-12-2010, 01:46 AM   #81
Agefist

Agefist's Gamercard
cool

Just wanted to make sure. I was trying to make him appear with the other chars, but it was taking forever. Thanks, I like your sigpic btw.
Agefist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 06:07 AM   #82
Astian

Send a message via MSN to Astian

Astian's Gamercard
Thanks, I made that a couple of years ago now... >_>;
Old 11-14-2010, 05:51 AM   #83
spectreon

spectreon's Gamercard
Annoyingly random... got Chau to show up only once, on my 4th play through, that i know of and it wasnt until I was entering the next level I noticed it... to late!!!! grrr...

Tried getting him to pop up by replaying Todd, changing difficulty and characters... Finally picked Kim (the last character I beat the game with) on Hard and low and behold Chau is waiting for me, ironically on Todds spot... now to use both Chau's moves... Also ironic the only character I have seen him with
spectreon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 01:03 PM   #84
Arkstrife

Ark Strife's Gamercard
i found some tip, im just playing for 2 days always with power of love sword, with all characters and Chau doesn't appear, but today, after i beat a zone he just pop up.

What is the different with yesterday?

im not using Power of Love Sword code this time.

Maybe Luck? Just try it.

I hope this help.

...And my GF

Batman FAN!
Arkstrife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 04:04 PM   #85
hahahero

hahahero's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkstrife View Post
i found some tip, im just playing for 2 days always with power of love sword, with all characters and Chau doesn't appear, but today, after i beat a zone he just pop up.

What is the different with yesterday?

im not using Power of Love Sword code this time.

Maybe Luck? Just try it.

I hope this help.
yeah man, i think its straight luck. i didn't come across him until the end of my last play through.
hahahero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 04:43 PM   #86
Arkstrife

Ark Strife's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by hahahero View Post
yeah man, i think its straight luck. i didn't come across him until the end of my last play through.
Since this morning i have mr chau with all characters (always without using love sword code), so i'm very lucky then lol

...And my GF

Batman FAN!
Arkstrife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 08:05 PM   #87
Phantom-Phive

Phantom Phive's Gamercard
Mr. Chau showed for me on my first playthrough with Scott, Power Of Love Sword code was activated and it was after I beat the game and just messing around on the map. I did the "main stage" level and he showed up immediately after I beat Todd Ingram. He also showed up for me on Kim on my first playthrough with her. Both playthroughs were on Average Joe and the Power Of Love Sword code activated.

Spoiler! (click here to reveal)

Phantom-Phive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 06:15 PM   #88
A ZombieTwinkie

A ZombieTwinkie's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Silver   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
I've gone through the game 4 times now. Once on Average Joe with the Power of Love Sword. Once on Supreme Master with the Sword. Then twice on Average Joe without the Sword, or any code activated. Beat Todd 5 or 6 times on Average Joe, then tried on Supreme Master and nothing. Gonna go through with NegaScott and see if I can get anything.

Hopefully when they patch things, they'll do something about this. I've got a friend who has gone through the game 6 times now and he hasn't shown up at all.

----------------------

Sweet. Went through with NegaScott. Hopped on Youtube and looked at a video. Was at level 4, but went back to level 2 and beat Lucas Lee for a second time and then Mr. Chau popped up right below me.

Went back to playing like normal and after using the Striker button about 10 times, Mr. Chau had popped about 5 times and Mrs. Chau popped twice. Finally got all 200 on the game.

*Props to G A C K T for the awesome sig*

Last edited by A ZombieTwinkie; 12-01-2010 at 09:26 PM.
A ZombieTwinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 10:32 PM   #89
LackAttack24

LackAttack24's Gamercard
I had already beaten the game with Scott, Ramona, and Kim on Average Joe. I also beat the game with Scott on Supreme Master. After reading this thread, I beat Todd on Average Joe with Scott, returned to the menu, and loaded up Supreme Master with Scott and Mr. Chau was waiting for me at the Chaos Theatre. Even with full power, he was still tough to beat! I still have to play with NegaScott for the achievement, but it looks like I got the tough part out of the way.

Good luck getting this achievement.
LackAttack24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 10:54 PM   #90
Daggra

Daggrax1313's Gamercard
Wow, I guess I'm one of the lucky ones then. After I beat the game for the first time on Average Joe difficulty, I went back in, and there he was chillin' at Stage 5. I also had the Power of Love cheat on, so I went in, swung the sword a lot of times, and beat him. I haven't even started my second playthrough, but good to know that I already have Mr. and Mrs. Chau, haha.

Daggra is offline   Reply With Quote