-Number of missable achievements: 0
-Do cheat codes disable achievements? N/A
-Does difficulty affect achievements? Yes
-Glitchy achievements: No
-Unobtainable achievements: None
-Extra equipment needed? None
-Avatar Awards: None - Gamer picture

Introduction:

Shank is a 2D hack and slash game with comic book style graphics. The first 150 achievement points should be very easy to get; however the 25 for both the hard and the co-op campaign are far more challenging.

Step 1:

Campaign - Normal Mode: This is best done first, as your unlocked gear will carry over onto a hard play through.

Step 2:

Campaign - Hard Mode: This is just the normal mode with harder enemies and no check points, which can be very frustrating.

Step 3:

Cooperative Campaign: This is best done with a partner, which can not be done online, You will need to play it couch co-op. It can be done with one player using two controllers, but it will be very hard. Also, you will need to move both players forward, the screen will not pull player two forward by running forward with player one.

JUST GETTING STARTED - Take out 20 enemies. 5 gamerscore

This will be your first achievement. Simply kill 20 enemies.

THE WRONG GUY - Defeat El Raton 10 Gamerscore

Story mode - unmissable. When fighting El Raton, try to keep your distance and use your pistols. He will close in on you and eventually swipe his back foot once before he will charge at you. You will want to run up the cage wall and jump over him as he charges. He will hit the wall and become stunned for about a second. Run over to him and hit for massive chainsaw damage. Rinse and repeat.

MAKE A NAME FOR YOURSELF Take out 100 enemies 10 gamerscore

This will come easily throughout story progression. Simply kill 100 enemies. You can track your progression by pressing start.

GRINDHOUSE - Perform 100 chainsaw kills - 15 gamerscore

This achievement popped for me fairly easily. To use your chainsaw press . I tried to finish most of my kills with the chainsaw, and did not switch to the machete when I got it. You can track your progression by pressing start.

THE MEATING - Defeat the Butcher 15 Gamerscore

To beat the butcher you will just want to use your guns. You fire your guns by pressing . You will want to immediatley shoot the slaps of meat at the top of the screen. Simply press up on the left analog stick and fire. Once you have lowered both meat slabs by shooting them, start unloading into the butcher. Make sure there is a slab of meat between you and the butcher. After he takes enough damage, he will throw his chain at you. If the meat has been lowered his chain will catch. Then run over to the butcher and click behind him. You will climb up his back and start choking him. Press repeatedly to choke him. Rinse and repeat.

SCARS FROM THE PAST - Defeat Cassandra 15 gamerscore

To beat Cassandra you will want to use the dodge technique. When ever she attacks you hit and press towards her to dodge through her, then turn around and SHANK her with your knife repeatedly by pressing . Just like all the other boss battles so far, rinse and repeat.

FATHER FORGIVE ME... Defeat The Priest 20 gamerscore

To beat the Priest, I would use the shank to and stab him until he lifts his leg. When he lifts his leg use and towards on the left thumbstick to dodge through him. As he jump kicks away from you, run back towards him and repeat the shank. If you happen to push him into the fire, hit to grapple him for extra damage, but don't focus on trying to knock him into the flames.

REVENGE IS SWEET - Defeat Cesar 20 gamerscore

Like the last few bosses, you will want to wait until right before he leaps at you, then dash through him, come back to him and shank him until he blocks, then back off. He will change styles with each cut scene, but the technique works the same. It may take a few attempts to get the timing down. You will finish him by pressing when he is almost dead (there will be a button prompt for this).

AND IT CONTINUES Complete The Single Player Campaign On Normal Mode 25 Gamerscore

When you defeat Cesar, there will be a cinematic, after which the achievement will unlock.

MOW 'EM DOWN - Take Out 1000 Enemies 15 Gamerscore

You will not get this on your first play through if you do it on normal. After beating the game you can jump to any level. Your stats will be saved every time you die or reach a new checkpoint, so you can just keep playing the same part over again to build stats. Just keep murdering the baddies until you hit 1000 kills.

JUST THAT GOOD - Complete The Single Player Mode On Hard Mode 25 Gamerscore

Just like it sounds, beat the game on HARD. Not only are the bosses harder, but there are no checkpoints through out the level until you reach a boss fight. You will checkpoint once you reach a boss fight. Hard and Normal completion achievements are not stackable, but you will get to keep your gear from easy so I suggest playing it on hard after beating the game on normal.

BACKSTORY - Complete The Co-Op Campaign 25 Gamerscore

Beat the game on Co-Op. This is local co-op only, no online available. You will want to beat this with another player as you are unlikely to get past the first boss using an extra controller; however, with enough patience it can be done.

For a complete Co-Op Boss guide, click HERE.

Check out my SHANK, COSTUME QUEST, and Deathspank T.O.V. achievement guides

Last edited by OG T UNIT; 10-17-2010 at 12:23 AM.
OG T UNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 11:07 PM   #2
jpg30

jpg30's Gamercard
to defeat PRIEST just do the same as with cassandra, as he moves in, dodge and it will slow-mo u can then attack him like u did with cassandra, it does say to try to throw him into the fire but it's easier to just keep avoiding and hitting him, if the RT comes on screen then use it to hit him into the fire but it's pretty easy without doing it.

EDIT: and to defeat Cesar u fight him in 3 parts, if u die u have to do the first part again, just keep attacking and dodging him, i used X and at points the LT icon comes up so hit it on time to counter-attack and it will deplete his health, on the third part keep doing the same until the RT icon comes up, press it and basically that's it, all the bosses are pretty easy on normal.

Last edited by jpg30; 08-26-2010 at 12:15 AM.
jpg30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 02:33 AM   #3
OG T UNIT

OG T Unit's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
If anyone has any additional tips, feel free to let me know and i will add them.

Check out my SHANK, COSTUME QUEST, and Deathspank T.O.V. achievement guides
OG T UNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 04:57 AM   #4
TheWhitestKnight

Send a message via AIM to TheWhitestKnight

Like A Prophet's Gamercard
change the part on the 1000 kills cheivo to medium, not easy because there is no easy difficulty, and a little more on the co-op guide, like who the bosses are and how to easily beat them. Other than that, everything is good, boss guides are great.
TheWhitestKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 06:19 PM   #5
SwiftShock

SwiftShock's Gamercard
??

What about the road map? out of ten whats the diff?
thanks
Old 08-27-2010, 11:43 PM   #6
Wils

WADE W1LS0N's Gamercard
So are there checkpoints when you reach the boss fights on hard difficulty? ...as in if I die on the boss fight I won't be sent straight back to the very beginning of the level? (boss checkpoints will make hard doable for me whereas no boss checkpoints will involve the death of my tv when my control pad is thrown at it, therefore I'll only attempt hard if this question is answered favorably ...for the sake of my tv)
Old 08-28-2010, 01:18 AM   #7
Magespower
I've Got The Power!

Magespower's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Bronze   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Yes if you die at a boss fight you start back at the boss

Twitter TrueAchievementstumblr.
Magespower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 12:44 PM   #8
obehave_wan

IndianaPWN5's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Silver
Quote:
Originally Posted by OG T UNIT View Post
MOW 'EM DOWN - Take Out 1000 Enemies 15 Gamerscore

You will not get this on your first play through if you do it on easy. After beating the game you can jump to any level. Just keep murdering the baddies until you hit 1000 kills.
There is no "easy", it's called "Normal". You should also mention that 1000 kills is easily do-able after your Normal and Hard campaigns combined.

Quote:
JUST THAT GOOD - Complete The Single Player Mode On Hard Mode 25 Gamerscore

Just like it sounds, beat the game on HARD. Not only are the bosses harder, but there are no checkpoints through out the level until you reach a boss fight.
You should mention that the Normal and Hard achievements are NOT stack-able, i.e. you won't get the achievement for beating the game on Normal if your first campaign run is on Hard.

Quote:

Beat the game on Co-Op.
You should mention that Co-op is only local, not online.

Yeah, I'm that awesome.
obehave_wan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 05:03 PM   #9
Tyger7
Moderator and Guide Staff

Send a message via AIM to Tyger7 Send a message via MSN to Tyger7 Send a message via Yahoo to Tyger7 Send a message via Skype™ to Tyger7

tyger7's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Gold   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   5,000 Posts   Submit - Silver   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - Tyger7   The Helping Hand   Referrals - Silver   Road Map - Diamond   Achievement Guide - Diamond   Staff - Collectibles Guide Team   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 17 (more» ...)
You can copy and paste these if you want, I fixed it to look better. Also I will put questions in red, so that you can give more detail by answering them. You will want to edit the title of your thread as well, so people can see that it's an achievement guide. To do this go to your first post and to edit. Go to advanced, and you should see where you can change your title. Also, when giving thanks to the person who made the banner, you should put it right below the banner instead of at the bottom of the guide. Also you will want a roadmap. I'm just trying to be helpful to save you from people like me who make 2nd or 3rd guides which roll over the ones that don't look finished when in fact all they needed was a touch up.

Thanks to ATHER_07 for the banner.

by OG T UNIT

Roadmap

Overview:

-Estimated achievement difficulty: ?/10
-Offline: 12/12 (200)
-Online:
-Approximate amount of time to 200:
-Minimum number of playthroughs needed:
-Number of missable achievements:
-Do cheat codes disable achievements?
-Does difficulty affect achievements?
-Glitchy achievements:
-Unobtainable achievements:
-Extra equipment needed?

Introduction:

Step 1: Campaign

Step 2: Campaign - Hard Mode

Step 3: Cooperative Campaign

Conclusion:

JUST GETTING STARTED 5
Take out 20 enemies

See "MOW 'EM DOWN" achievement description.

THE WRONG GUY 10
Defeat El Raton

Story mode - unmissable. When fighting El Raton, try to keep your distance and use your pistols. He will close in on you and eventually swipe his back foot once before he will charge at you. You will want to run up the cage wall and jump over him when he charges. He will be stunned for about a second. Run over to him and hit the for massive chainsaw damage.

MAKE A NAME FOR YOURSELF 10
Take out 100 enemies

See "MOW 'EM DOWN" achievement description.

GRINDHOUSE 15
Perform 100 chainsaw kills

To use your chainsaw press the button. I tried to finish most of my kills with the chainsaw, and did not switch to the machete when I got it. You can track your progression by pressing

THE MEATING 15
Defeat the Butcher

To beat the butcher you will just want to use your guns. You fire your guns by pressing . You will want to immediatley shoot the slaps of meat at the top of the screen. Press up on the and fire. Once you have lowered both meat slabs by shooting them, start unloading into the butcher. Make sure there is a slab of meat between you and the butcher. After he takes enough damage, he will throw his chain at you. If the meat has been lowered his chain will catch. Then run over to the butcher and press behind him. You will climb up his back and start chiking him. Press repeatedly to choke him. Repeat until he is defeated.

Was that a spelling error or is that used in the game?

SCARS FROM THE PAST 15
Defeat Cassandra

To beat Cassandra you will want to use the dodge technique. When ever she attacks you hit and press towards her to dodge through her, then turn around and shank her with your knife repeatedly by pressing . Just like all the other boss battles so far, continue until she's defeated.

FATHER FORGIVE ME... 20
Defeat The Priest

To beat the Priest, I would use the shank to and stab him until he lifts his leg. When he lifts his leg use and towards on the to dodge through him. As he jump kicks away from you, run back towards him and repeat the shank. If you happen to push him into the fire, hit to grapple him for extra damage.

REVENGE IS SWEET 20
Defeat Cesar

Like the last few bosses, you will want to wait until right before he leaps at you, then dash through him, come back to him and shank him until he blocks, then back off. He will change styles with each cut scene, but the technique works the same. It may take a few attempts to get the timing down. You will finish him by pressing when he is almost dead.

AND IT CONTINUES 25
Complete The Single Player Campaign On Normal Mode

When you defeat Cesar, there will be a cinematic, after which the achievement will unlock.

How many levels are there?

MOW 'EM DOWN 15
Take Out 1000 Enemies

You will not get this on your first play through if you do it on easy. After beating the game you can jump to any level. Just keep murdering the baddies until you hit 1000 kills. Press the at any time to view your statistics which include kills.

Why "if on easy"? Jump to any level? Describe it more like level select. Can you quit out after killing 5 people and your stats will be saved?

JUST THAT GOOD 25
Complete The Single Player Mode On Hard Mode

Just like it sounds, beat the game on HARD. Not only are the bosses harder, but there are no checkpoints throughout the level until you reach a boss fight.

For more help completing the game on hard mode, see this thread HERE.
(Thanks to Snake Pliskinn for the Hard Mode guide)

Can I play Hard mode right away? Does it stack with Normal mode? How long would you say it takes to complete the campaign? Will level select allow me to try the various levels on Hard Mode, or must I start a new game?

BACKSTORY 25
Complete The Co-Op Campaign

Beat the game on Co-Op.

Is this online or local only? How long is the co-op mode? Can I do it with one controller or does someone else really need to be there? Are they differet levels?
The things people say to get to 5 posts...

Xbox360 games I have
http://darkadia.com/member/tyger7/library

Last edited by Tyger7; 09-10-2010 at 11:56 AM.
Tyger7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 07:05 PM   #10
oOReFuGee91Oo

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Really? An 8/10 difficulty? Would you honestly say that to 200/200 this game, it would it be as hard, if not harder than Splosion Man?
oOReFuGee91Oo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 05:38 AM   #11
Tyger7

Send a message via AIM to Tyger7 Send a message via MSN to Tyger7 Send a message via Yahoo to Tyger7 Send a message via Skype™ to Tyger7

tyger7's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Gold   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   5,000 Posts   Submit - Silver   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - Tyger7   The Helping Hand   Referrals - Silver   Road Map - Diamond   Achievement Guide - Diamond   Staff - Collectibles Guide Team   A+ Thread Award
Oh by the way, the info I put in the descriptions has the actual buttons, you'll wanna use instead of "hit X". (they are in the smiley sectons -more- if you want.

Also fill out the step 1, 2, and 3. Tell them they'll get almost all the achevements in step 1 and whatnot. Hope this helps! I dont know if it could be an 8 out of 10. I just did a guide for Aqua, had it at 9 out of 10 until I got the hardest achievement which according to trueachievements, only 2% had. So I changed it to 8 because I figured with my guide on that specific achievement, more people can obtain it. Currently around the sam percentage has completed Shank (though it hasnt been out long Aqua was out since May). I would say keep it at a 7 or 8 until you gain the achievement and think people just need good tips.

Xbox360 games I have
Old 09-02-2010, 09:18 AM   #12
obehave_wan

IndianaPWN5's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Silver
Quote:

Beat the game on Co-Op. This is local co-op only, no online available. You will need to beat this with another player as you are unlikely to get past the first boss using an extra controller.
Not true. I beat the whole co-op campaign by myself with two controllers. You don't NEED another person, but it would obviously be much easier.

Yeah, I'm that awesome.
obehave_wan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 09:58 AM   #13
sepulturas666

Quote:
Originally Posted by oOReFuGee91Oo View Post
Really? An 8/10 difficulty? Would you honestly say that to 200/200 this game, it would it be as hard, if not harder than Splosion Man?
8/10 sounds about right. Everything is easy except this achievement for beating the game on Hard - these platforming sections are godawful and you die a lot.
Hehe and i remember everyone was saying this game will be ridiculously easy for 100% before being released.
sepulturas666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 11:53 AM   #14
Tyger7

tyger7's Gamercard

Thanks for editing this finally, looking a lot better!

Though one thing I think you should add to your hard mode description is below:

For more help completing the game on hard mode, see this thread HERE.
(Thanks to Snake Pliskinn for the Hard Mode guide)

EDIT: It appears you have given up on your guide? I was the last one to edit it, so it looks like I care more about it than you? You have taken none of my newest suggestions into consideration, yet have still linked your guide in your signature. What's worse with all my help and roadmap tutoring, you still don't even have a complete roadmap in your new Deathspank Thongs of Virtue guide..for shame!

Xbox360 games I have

Last edited by Tyger7; 10-01-2010 at 09:33 AM.