PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Fighting > Scott Pilgrim vs. the World
Subscribe    Donate

Old 08-27-2010, 12:00 PM   #1
Heroic Fortune

Heroic Fortune's Gamercard
Chaudown Bugged.

So, it ended up happening to me.. I now have unlocked Nega-Scott and used all strikers but low and behold I do not get my achievement so has anyone else hit this and did they find a way to straighten this out or am I stuck now with 170/200?

Edit : Yes, I am positive that I hit all the abilities and even went to the extreme to make everyone of them killed which had an offensive ability, I did use mrs. chau to scare off someone as well, not really sure what to do here.
Old 08-27-2010, 01:38 PM   #2
T-Hybrid

Torhu Hybrid's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
If you have them all unlocked, try going back and doing it with each character again and see what happens.

Failing that, you could "unstick" yourself by deleting the game and re-downloading, though that WOULD be a pain in the butt. Definately last ditch effort.
Old 08-27-2010, 01:57 PM   #3
Heroic Fortune

I was thinking of deleting but it won't erase the data cause it seems like the data is saved in some way that it does not show up in the memory. I really do not know what to do in this case cause I know my friend had to erase everything and start over to get his trophy for that particular achievement.
Old 08-27-2010, 02:23 PM   #4
T-Hybrid

Torhu Hybrid's Gamercard

I have a few other arcade games that don't create a save file...so I've always wondered where those go.

If you are desperate, try deleteing the game and clearing your cache. See what that does.
Old 08-27-2010, 04:41 PM   #5
NUTTY CRUSADER

NUTTY CRUSADER's Gamercard
Wow, this achievement is giving everyone trouble.

I hope mine isn't glitched too, if it doesn't work I'll just accept the 170/200.
NUTTY CRUSADER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 05:06 PM   #6
darian_wesson

save file location

I have a question and an answer
first what does mrs chau look like because it just says unlocked mr chou.
also as an answer when there is not a save file on the memory it will save internally to the game itself or to your gamer profile which it why when you bring gamer tags to your friends and still have your castle crasher (just an example) it is because of that
darian_wesson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 05:17 PM   #7
MONOXBOOG1E

MONOXBOOG1E's Gamercard
So is this achievement bugging for EVERYONE or just randomly? It's the only one i have left now. I have found and defeated Mr. Chau but still need to finish the game with Stills & Kim so i'll let you if i have any issues with it.

EDIT: No issues with unlocking for me. Mr. Chau came out on the 2nd & 4th striker call, Mrs. Chau on the 5th and the achievement unlocked right on que.

Last edited by MONOXBOOG1E; 08-28-2010 at 06:07 AM.
MONOXBOOG1E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 06:04 PM   #8
NUTTY CRUSADER

I finally unlocked Chau, so all I need now is to unlock Nega-Scott and get the achievement.
Old 08-27-2010, 08:55 PM   #9
DJzero

DJ zero 1980's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by darian_wesson View Post
I have a question and an answer
first what does mrs chau look like because it just says unlocked mr chou.
also as an answer when there is not a save file on the memory it will save internally to the game itself or to your gamer profile which it why when you bring gamer tags to your friends and still have your castle crasher (just an example) it is because of that
She's the Asian woman in a tracksuit. You see her in the background at the busstop in Level 1 and near the bridge in Level 4, IIRC.
Old 08-28-2010, 11:13 AM   #10
Mzo

Send a message via AIM to Mzo

Mzo's Gamercard
When I beat the game on Supreme Master first the SM achievement ticked, followed by Shopaholic (which I already had). When I checked my achievements, it had unlocked Chaudown.

I unlocked Mr. Chau and spammed the striker button until both him and the missus helped me out, but I haven't played as anyone but Scott.

Buggy!
Mzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 09:03 PM   #11
Dragon captin87

Dragon captin87's Gamercard
this achievement has also bugged out for me. ive called everyones strikers including mr and ms chau. yet still no achievement. nega scott as well.
Dragon captin87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 11:46 PM   #12
swanton112

killerxxx7's Gamercard
yep bugged for me as well dang it
Old 08-29-2010, 01:47 AM   #13
NUTTY CRUSADER

These are not good signs....

Completed Games: 9
Retail: Avatar: The Last Airbender: The Burning Earth, Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing, Tetris Evolution
Arcade: Banjo-Kazooie, Scott Pilgrim VS. The World: The Game, Pac-Man, Ms. Pac-Man, Worms, Castle Crashers
Old 08-29-2010, 05:15 AM   #14
T-Hybrid

Torhu Hybrid's Gamercard

If it gets bad enough, I may unlock everything else....then wipe the game, clear cache, redownload and start over. If it gets to that.
Old 08-29-2010, 09:44 AM   #15
Heroic Fortune

Well, still not sure what to do to fix this.. tried deleting the game, clearing my cache.. I guess all that is left to do is wipe all the character data and try to start playing through.. anyone get anymore insight to this though?
Old 08-29-2010, 03:37 PM   #16
T-Hybrid

Torhu Hybrid's Gamercard

Just unlocked Mr. Chau, and within about 20 activations got both he and Ms. Chau to appear. What's amazing is that in the time it took to see Ms. Chau, Mr. Chau showed up like 10 times. He KILLS. It's scary how powerful that one is.

Hopefully I can get this 'chieve now. That was the one I was most worried about unlocking.
Old 08-29-2010, 03:45 PM   #17
litepink

litepink's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Platinum   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Submit - Platinum   Referrals - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Hybrid View Post
Just unlocked Mr. Chau, and within about 20 activations got both he and Ms. Chau to appear. What's amazing is that in the time it took to see Ms. Chau, Mr. Chau showed up like 10 times. He KILLS. It's scary how powerful that one is.

Hopefully I can get this 'chieve now. That was the one I was most worried about unlocking.

I was worried for you. Glad you got it. How did you get him to appear BTW? I had troubles getting him to re-appear in co-op (lost a battle to him once). Switched to 1P and he showed up after 3 boss battles with Todd.

Achievement Guides by litepink™
Angry Birds WP7 | Arkanoid Live! | Asteroids Deluxe WP7 | Darwinia+ | Doodle Jump | Guitar Hero 5 | Kinect Adventures | Kinect Sports: Season Two | Lego Harry Potter | Lunar Lander WP7 | MLB 2K10 | Otomedius G | Pac-Man CE DX WP7 | Rainbow Islands | Rock Band Metal Track Pack | Scott Pilgrim | Tecmo Bowl | Tiger ‘10 | Tiger ‘11
litepink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 05:47 PM   #18
NUTTY CRUSADER

I got it. I'm not sure if this is the problem, but Kim's striker can cause damage. I don't know if you have to hit with all the strikers, but if people are using Kim's away from enemies I can see why some might not have it. When Knives jumps away from Kim, sometimes a couple enemies will take a couple damage points.

Retail: Avatar: The Last Airbender: The Burning Earth, Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing, Tetris Evolution
Arcade: Banjo-Kazooie, Scott Pilgrim VS. The World: The Game, Pac-Man, Ms. Pac-Man, Worms, Castle Crashers
Old 08-29-2010, 06:22 PM   #19
Son of Kyuss

Son of Kyuss's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Just unlocked Chaudown without any problems whatsoever even after unlocking Mr. Chau after finishing the game. I made sure to actually have each striker hit their moves against enemies and once I summoned NegaKnives it popped up.

Son of Kyuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 06:40 PM   #20
NUTTY CRUSADER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Kyuss View Post
Just unlocked Chaudown without any problems whatsoever even after unlocking Mr. Chau after finishing the game. I made sure to actually have each striker hit their moves against enemies and once I summoned NegaKnives it popped up.
Same. I got Mr. Chau after I beat the game as well, so that's not what's causing the glitch.

Old 08-29-2010, 06:53 PM   #21
mikachu93

mikachu93's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Kyuss View Post
Same thing here.

Beat the story with Ramona and Scott, went back for my Supreme Master achievement with Scott, and found Mr. Chau immediately. My first striker was Mrs. Chau, and I got Mr. Chau two strikers afterwards. unlocked NegaScott and got the achievement as soon as I used NegaKnives.
mikachu93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 07:31 PM   #22
Doktor Wilhelm

Location: North East, England, United Kingdom, Europe, Earth, Sol System.

Doktor Wilhelm's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Hybrid View Post
I have a few other arcade games that don't create a save file...so I've always wondered where those go.
I'm not actually sure how it works, but they usually save to your profile (meaning that you only need to recover your gamertag on a console to move the save game).

"Video games don't affect kids. If Pac-Man had affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in dark rooms, munching pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." - Marcus Brigstocke
Doktor Wilhelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 08:19 PM   #23
Rogue x360a

Rogue x360a's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doktor Wilhelm View Post
I'm not actually sure how it works, but they usually save to your profile (meaning that you only need to recover your gamertag on a console to move the save game).
See I wish more retail games would do that... Make it a lot easier.
Rogue x360a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 08:21 PM   #24
mcnichoj

mcnichoj's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Arcade Crazy - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue x360a View Post
See I wish more retail games would do that... Make it a lot easier.
I don't, it makes account recovery a bitch. My account is atleast 20MB as is.

“You’re acting like a little girl lately. And not in a good way.” - Henry Winkler
RIP Oderus Urungus
mcnichoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 08:53 PM   #25
sinwar14

sinwar14's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnichoj View Post
I don't, it makes account recovery a bitch. My account is atleast 20MB as is.
that is why i keep my gamertag on a memory stick

sinwar14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 09:04 PM   #26
KingSigy

Send a message via AIM to KingSigy Send a message via MSN to KingSigy Send a message via Yahoo to KingSigy Send a message via Skype™ to KingSigy

KingSigy's Gamercard
Mine unlocked perfectly. Ms. Chau came out on the 3rd strike, too. It was pretty sweet. I'm not sure what you can do other than hacking your profile and that is a pretty big no-no.

KingSigy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 11:26 PM   #27
Teh Paralyzer

New Paralyzer's Gamercard

I've spent all day trying to unlock it. It just won't pop. I've used them all with each character at least 5 times. The damn achievement won't pop. Do they have to cause damage? Ramona can only heal herself. And I'm not sure what Mrs. Chau but I'm positive I hit someone with it.

4th Person to 1K DDR Universe on X360A... on my old gamertag
Teh Paralyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 11:39 PM   #28
T-Hybrid

Torhu Hybrid's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by litepink View Post
I was worried for you. Glad you got it. How did you get him to appear BTW? I had troubles getting him to re-appear in co-op (lost a battle to him once). Switched to 1P and he showed up after 3 boss battles with Todd.
He showed up after a few times clearing "The Main Stage", I actually lost to him...went and built up funds so I could pay off the late fees and buff up Scott, then got him to re-appear after a few more "Main Stage" clears and beat him the second time.

Just single player, Average Joe difficulty. So now I've got my fingers crossed that the chieve pops once I start playing as NegaScott.
Old 08-30-2010, 12:50 AM   #29
hyourinnmaru

have you tried to get mr chau unlocked with everyone?so far all my chars have it all but kim, which i haven't started playing yet

mrs chau yells the enemy is terrified escapes then dies

Last edited by hyourinnmaru; 08-30-2010 at 12:52 AM.
hyourinnmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 02:43 AM   #30
mikachu93

mikachu93's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyourinnmaru View Post
have you tried to get mr chau unlocked with everyone?so far all my chars have it all but kim, which i haven't started playing yet

mrs chau yells the enemy is terrified escapes then dies
You don't have to unlock him with everybody. I beat him with just Scott and got the achievement.
mikachu93 is offline   Reply With Quote