PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Fighting > Scott Pilgrim vs. the World
Subscribe    Donate

Old 08-30-2010, 06:00 AM   #31
Rev. Link

RevLink's Gamercard
Do you have to actually deal damage with all strikers? 'Cuz all I ever see Mrs. Chau do is jump down, then jump right back away. She doesn't do anything.
Rev. Link is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 06:06 AM   #32
sinwar14

sinwar14's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev. Link View Post
Do you have to actually deal damage with all strikers? 'Cuz all I ever see Mrs. Chau do is jump down, then jump right back away. She doesn't do anything.
they have to hit. make sure your close or tht the enemy isnt a 1 shot(about to die)

sinwar14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 06:07 AM   #33
Rev. Link

RevLink's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinwar14 View Post
they have to hit. make sure your close or tht the enemy isnt a 1 shot(about to die)
I did this, and Mrs. Chau came out and yelled at a guy. He kinda froze, but he didn't get any damage.
Old 08-30-2010, 06:10 AM   #34
mikachu93

mikachu93's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinwar14 View Post
Quote:
I did this, and Mrs. Chau came out and yelled at a guy. He kinda froze, but he didn't get any damage.
Mrs. Chau doesn't deal damage, like Ramona's striker.
mikachu93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 06:11 AM   #35
sinwar14

sinwar14's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikachu93 View Post
Mrs. Chau doesn't deal damage, like Ramona's striker.
i know tht but still even when the guy was about to die he just popped up and went away

sinwar14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 06:49 AM   #36
Rev. Link

RevLink's Gamercard
Okay, I read somewhere on here that you only have to unlock Mr. and Mrs. Chau with one character. I unlocked him with Scott, and now I've moved on to my second game with Ramona, but I can't get Ramona to call out anything but her default striker.

Do I have to fight Mr. Chau with each character or not?
Old 08-30-2010, 07:45 AM   #37
litepink

litepink's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Platinum   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Submit - Platinum   Referrals - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
Quote:
Okay, I read somewhere on here that you only have to unlock Mr. and Mrs. Chau with one character. I unlocked him with Scott, and now I've moved on to my second game with Ramona, but I can't get Ramona to call out anything but her default striker.

Do I have to fight Mr. Chau with each character or not?
No.

Call and land an attack with your striker for:

Scott, Kim (hers can indeed deal damage), Stills, Ramona

now, land an attack with Mr. Chau with one character

"land" an attack with Mrs. Chau. I think if done correctly she K.O.'s opponents without hitting them.

Beat the game with everyone to unlock NegaScott, call and land a striker with him. Good luck

Achievement Guides by litepink™
Angry Birds WP7 | Arkanoid Live! | Asteroids Deluxe WP7 | Darwinia+ | Doodle Jump | Guitar Hero 5 | Kinect Adventures | Kinect Sports: Season Two | Lego Harry Potter | Lunar Lander WP7 | MLB 2K10 | Otomedius G | Pac-Man CE DX WP7 | Rainbow Islands | Rock Band Metal Track Pack | Scott Pilgrim | Tecmo Bowl | Tiger ‘10 | Tiger ‘11
litepink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 03:50 PM   #38
WaKK0r

Wakk0r's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by litepink View Post
No.

Call and land an attack with your striker for:

Scott, Kim (hers can indeed deal damage), Stills, Ramona

now, land an attack with Mr. Chau with one character

"land" an attack with Mrs. Chau. I think if done correctly she K.O.'s opponents without hitting them.

Beat the game with everyone to unlock NegaScott, call and land a striker with him. Good luck
Kims can deal dmg? One time i thought i saw her striker doing dmg but i never have seen it again... She just heals Kim by kissing her and stuns the enemies. Still thinking the achievement glitched for me, did everything possible... multiple times -.-

Last edited by WaKK0r; 08-30-2010 at 03:54 PM.
WaKK0r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 06:08 PM   #39
hyourinnmaru

i got mine today, i have 2 theories why it won't unlock, 1st kim must kill someone with knives as assist, the easier i found was on the fight with patel when he summons those vampires 1st time, just use striker over and over they have 25hp striker takes 5 hit, and since they are airbourne it always hits
2nd every characters must have unlocked mr chau, i have him on all chars but nega scott, and of course you need to kill and enemy with mrs chau and mr chau
the way it did was this:

1st completed the game normal with scott, no mr chau just used knives then after finish same difficulty (average joe) and fought him used him and mrs chau
2nd completed the game on supreme master all acts from start to finish, not just bosses
3rd played as ramona, but this time unlocked mr chau before finishing the game, and used the chau family multiple times
4th stills same as above
5th kim same as above too
6th as soon i got negascott used her assist and achievement unlocked
also i never returned to map i always finished the stagesand let the credits roll(tiresome), hope i helped
hyourinnmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 06:28 PM   #40
XBL Unreal

XBL Unreal's Gamercard
I am using Scott and I have used his Striker. I have found and beat Mr. Chau. I have called him and used his Striker. What does Mrs. Chau look like. I had some come and and she made a character run away then fall and die. Is that her Striker move?
XBL Unreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 06:54 PM   #41
mikachu93

mikachu93's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by XBL Unreal View Post
I am using Scott and I have used his Striker. I have found and beat Mr. Chau. I have called him and used his Striker. What does Mrs. Chau look like. I had some come and and she made a character run away then fall and die. Is that her Striker move?
If it wasn't Mr. Chau or Knives, then process of elimination means it was Mrs. Chau. She scares enemies away.
Old 08-30-2010, 07:50 PM   #42
XBL Unreal

XBL Unreal's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikachu93 View Post
If it wasn't Mr. Chau or Knives, then process of elimination means it was Mrs. Chau. She scares enemies away.
Ok. thanks. I am just making sure before I beat it with Scott and move on to anothe character.
XBL Unreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 08:39 PM   #43
MONOXBOOG1E

Miller RDS's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by hyourinnmaru View Post
2nd every characters must have unlocked mr chau,
You certaintly do not have to unlock him with every character, i only defeated him with 2 or 3 characters. It's really too bad that so many people are having problems with this achievement, i had zero issues with it. I'll gladly offer any assistance i can to those who still have questions.
Old 08-30-2010, 09:21 PM   #44
hyourinnmaru

i can help if you have questions too
hyourinnmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 11:32 PM   #45
mikachu93

mikachu93's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyourinnmaru View Post
i got mine today, i have 2 theories why it won't unlock, 1st kim must kill someone with knives as assist, the easier i found was on the fight with patel when he summons those vampires 1st time, just use striker over and over they have 25hp striker takes 5 hit, and since they are airbourne it always hits
2nd every characters must have unlocked mr chau, i have him on all chars but nega scott, and of course you need to kill and enemy with mrs chau and mr chau
the way it did was this:

1st completed the game normal with scott, no mr chau just used knives then after finish same difficulty (average joe) and fought him used him and mrs chau
2nd completed the game on supreme master all acts from start to finish, not just bosses
3rd played as ramona, but this time unlocked mr chau before finishing the game, and used the chau family multiple times
4th stills same as above
5th kim same as above too
6th as soon i got negascott used her assist and achievement unlocked
also i never returned to map i always finished the stagesand let the credits roll(tiresome), hope i helped
I never had Kim's assist kill anybody, got the One Man Army achievement by beating just the bosses, unlocked Mr. and Mrs. Chau with only Scott, and never had Mrs. Chau kill anybody. The achievement popped with no problem.
Old 08-31-2010, 05:14 AM   #46
WaahhJedi

WaaahhhJedi's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
This is infuriating. Never had Ramona's or Kim's striker deal damage and Mrs. Chau just does some boodity-boogity but no damage. Achievement won't pop. I'll try the Matthew Patel fight tomorrow but I really think a patch would fix it...if they ever get around to it.

I read an interview with Bryan Lee O'Malley where he said the crew working on the game was fired and the project was dropped before it was mysteriously resurrected later. Maybe this shows that Ubisoft have no intention of supporting the game later.
WaahhJedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 05:18 AM   #47
mcnichoj

mcnichoj's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Xbox One Maximum Clubs Novice   1,000 Posts   Arcade Crazy - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaahhJedi View Post
Maybe this shows that Ubisoft have no intention of supporting the game later.
They have one DLC planned, the sixth unlockable character Knives.

“You’re acting like a little girl lately. And not in a good way.” - Henry Winkler

People tell me I'm weird and that I'm not conventional
Someone asked me what my dream girl is and I told them with a lot of depth but two dimensional
mcnichoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 05:25 AM   #48
mikachu93

mikachu93's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaahhJedi View Post
This is infuriating. Never had Ramona's or Kim's striker deal damage and Mrs. Chau just does some boodity-boogity but no damage. Achievement won't pop. I'll try the Matthew Patel fight tomorrow but I really think a patch would fix it...if they ever get around to it.
Ramona's striker and Mrs. Chau don't deal damage.
Old 08-31-2010, 08:23 AM   #49
Heroic Fortune

Heroic Fortune's Gamercard
So, does Kim's striker HAVE to hit someone to get the achievement?

Edit : Managed to actually hit something with Kim's striker and still no luck.. getting to the point where I am just about to see fuck it and give up on it. Anyone have any other ideas? I still haven't tried to delete character data but I don't see that helping much either because I have a feeling it will still register that I finished the game.

Last edited by Heroic Fortune; 08-31-2010 at 10:05 AM.
Heroic Fortune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 07:23 PM   #50
KayCeaEffahless

Location: Climbing the insurmountable mental peak...Still got a ways to go (.´ ▽ `.)ノ

Statikc's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
I'm not the one to put out false info intentionally so i wont say that this is the RIGHT way to do it. But what unlocked the achievement for was..I used all the strikers(Knivesx4,NegaKnives,Mr. + Mrs. Chau) making sure to have each one did what it is supposed to do, whether it was deal damage or heal. Here's where it gets a little inconsistent with what everyone's saying. I unlocked the achievement even though i only "called" out Mrs.Chau, she never actually used her skill,she appeared for a quick second then jumped away. But the achievement still unlocked as soon as I used NegaKnives to kill a few people. So i think in theory the achievement description may be word for word,"Unlock and CALL all strikers". But like I said earlier i'm not sure if i just got lucky and each striker really is supposed to hit(doubt it). Or the achievement is just glitched(highly possible).

Hopefully that piece of info helped at least a lil bit
Old 08-31-2010, 11:31 PM   #51
NickDynmo

NickDynmo's Gamercard
Just throwing my hat in the ring. This achievement is bugged for me, too. Yes, I've unlocked Negascott/Negaknives. Yes I've unlocked Mr./Mrs. Chau. Yes, I've called them all. Yes, I made sure that all of the that can hit, hit. Achievement still not popping.
NickDynmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 12:36 AM   #52
NUTTY CRUSADER

NUTTY CRUSADER's Gamercard
I've hit before with Mrs. Chau. It did 2 damage.

Completed Games: 9
Retail: Avatar: The Last Airbender: The Burning Earth, Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing, Tetris Evolution
Arcade: Banjo-Kazooie, Scott Pilgrim VS. The World: The Game, Pac-Man, Ms. Pac-Man, Worms, Castle Crashers
NUTTY CRUSADER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 12:31 PM   #53
WaKK0r

Wakk0r's Gamercard
I've read so many threads while slashing my way through the internet, hoping to find some new information regarding my/our chaudown achievement glitch... And i still have nothing to come up with. Its so frustrating, i did everything possible, multilpe MULTIPLE times to get this achievement, but i guess im doomed like many others.

Yes Mrs. Chau can do dmg, she either yells at an enemy who runs out of the screen and dies, or she does minor dmg, like 2-6 or so. And yea Kims Knives can do dmg, did that against the flying girls while fighting the first evil ex. Have maxed all chars long ago, all have mr. chau unlocked, all called every striker possible for them...

rly, i did it so many times that im starting to dislike the game. So annoying to not be able to finish a game thanks to a glitch... And we all know that this achievement isnt the only problem the game comes up with. Freezes, Crashes, other achievements randomly unlocking. Seriously, wtf were they thinking to lower the quality of the game by including unnecessary glitches/bugs? Such a great game deserves to be free of those DAMN annoying things.
Old 09-01-2010, 01:34 PM   #54
Jay_Tigran

Jay Tigran's Gamercard
I dunno what everyone's problem is, ChauDown worked just fine, I unlocked Mr Chau for each character, used the whole Chau family for each character, unlocked Nega Scott and used NegaKnives... Achievement Unlocked. Simple as that.
Old 09-01-2010, 01:36 PM   #55
WaKK0r

Wakk0r's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay_Tigran View Post
I dunno what everyone's problem is, ChauDown worked just fine, I unlocked Mr Chau for each character, used the whole Chau family for each character, unlocked Nega Scott and used NegaKnives... Achievement Unlocked. Simple as that.
Consider yourself as DAMN lucky.
Old 09-01-2010, 03:55 PM   #56
NickDynmo

NickDynmo's Gamercard
Well I was hoping it would be like the Vigilante achievement, where it just popped first thing the next day, but no dice. I really REALLY don't want to have to reset everything. Everyone's maxed out from the video store, so that's like around $3200 wasted.
Old 09-01-2010, 08:18 PM   #57
DJzero

DJ zero 1980's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaKK0r View Post
Consider yourself as DAMN lucky.
I doubt it makes you feel any better, but I do. I was so relieved when the cheevo popped.
Old 09-01-2010, 10:13 PM   #58
WaKK0r

Wakk0r's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickDynmo View Post
Well I was hoping it would be like the Vigilante achievement, where it just popped first thing the next day, but no dice. I really REALLY don't want to have to reset everything. Everyone's maxed out from the video store, so that's like around $3200 wasted.
well, surely i WONT erase my data. played this game so many hours and gathered so much gold... for me, a patch would be the only acceptable solution. hopefully ubisoft knows what they have done to us - -''
Old 09-01-2010, 11:35 PM   #59
Chidomaru

Chidomaru's Gamercard
Also as many have said Mrs Chau's attack doesn't show damage - if it hits correctly she'll have an image of a grey cat next to her (at least thats what it looks like), at which point the enemy character will run off the screen and die (you'll see the coins on the floor once you move to that area).
I'd imagine its the Mr/Mrs Chau element that is bugged so try unlocking Mr+Mrs Chau with a new playable character and then calling them out to see if it pops then.

hope this helps

Alternatively one last hope might be waiting for Knives to become playable - you might find that it'll pop when you pick Knives and you use her Striker call
... just an idea
Chidomaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 02:56 AM   #60
NickDynmo

NickDynmo's Gamercard
I'm 99% sure the striker does not have to connect with an enemy. A friend of mine popped the achievement as soon as he entered the first level with Negascott and called down Negaknives.