PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Fighting > Scott Pilgrim vs. the World
Subscribe    Donate

Old 09-02-2010, 05:08 AM   #61
DrManhattan

MrBojangles esq's Gamercard
Will I need to unlock Mr Chau with Stephen, Kim and Ramona?

DrManhattan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 10:22 AM   #62
Jay_Tigran

Jay Tigran's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrManhattan View Post
I believe so, yes
Old 09-02-2010, 02:35 PM   #63
MONOXBOOG1E

MONOXBOOG1E's Gamercard
Quote:
You shouldn't have to but with all the problems people have been having its hard to say where the issue is. I only unlocked Mr Chau with Scott and Ramona and i got the achievement just fine.
Old 09-02-2010, 10:19 PM   #64
DrManhattan

MrBojangles esq's Gamercard
well it may have glitched on me. I'm not sure tho, I unlocked him with Ramona and Scott but I've only seen Mr. Chau and NOT Mrs. Chau as a striker so far.
so maybe i still gotta keep tryin

DrManhattan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 10:23 PM   #65
mikachu93

mikachu93's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay_Tigran View Post
I believe so, yes
Wrong. I unlocked them with only Scott and got the achievement.
mikachu93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 10:29 AM   #66
Kaiden628

Kaiden628's Gamercard
I unlocked chaudown w/o even beating it or playing with any character other than scott try beating gideon on supreme master and use the strikers to help kill him
Kaiden628 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 02:04 PM   #67
DJzero

DJ zero 1980's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Quote:
well it may have glitched on me. I'm not sure tho, I unlocked him with Ramona and Scott but I've only seen Mr. Chau and NOT Mrs. Chau as a striker so far.
so maybe i still gotta keep tryin
You are correct - just gotta keep trying. She will eventually come up. It just takes a while.
Old 09-03-2010, 04:27 PM   #68
mikachu93

mikachu93's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiden628 View Post
I unlocked chaudown w/o even beating it or playing with any character other than scott try beating gideon on supreme master and use the strikers to help kill him
The game is known for its glitches. Let's not give people false hope because your game glitched in your favour.
mikachu93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 06:58 AM   #69
stuhp

Bravokado's Gamercard
Well it looks like I'm adding myself to the Chaudown list. It's bugged for me, too. Unfortunate, but I do still have Negascott to complete in the meantime

I'm not random: you just have a hard time predicting my next move.

"It may be that the only fit teachers never teach but are artists, and artists of the kind most blankly masked and least didactic." ~ James Agee, Let Us Now Praise Famous Men
stuhp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 09:03 AM   #70
Auburok

Send a message via Skype™ to Auburok

auburok's Gamercard

I wish I could add insight, but I got it, only unlocking the Chau parental units with Scott. I used strikers religiously during the game, except for Scott's since his sucks. I did use it more often once I had Mr. Chau, though. I definitely did damage someone with Kim's, though I don't think that has anything to do with it, because I unlocked it when calling down NegaScott's striker successfully, eg: enemy was on screen and in line to actually attack. I had crashed constantly, too, so that's not what's fucking people's shot at this up. There's got to be some sort of poorly made trigger that just doesn't set off after a particular point.
Auburok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 02:49 PM   #71
Heroic Fortune

Heroic Fortune's Gamercard
I still haven't gotten this stupid thing unlocked which annoys me. Anyone heard of a fix or anything in the works yet or am I just doomed to only have the 170 on this?
Old 09-07-2010, 04:03 PM   #72
Mars Renegade

mars renegade's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heroic Fortune View Post
I still haven't gotten this stupid thing unlocked which annoys me. Anyone heard of a fix or anything in the works yet or am I just doomed to only have the 170 on this?
Haven't heard anything.

WE ARE SEX BOB-OMB!

Mars Renegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 09:59 AM   #73
jinjo1983

jinjo1983's Gamercard
aaaaaaand the glitch claims another victim :(

i feel your pain Heroic Fortune!
i too now have all achievements but this one i have used ALL strikers and multiple times and still nothing. i take it ramonas striker is the only one who does not hit and damage enimies, as i noticed when kims striker jumps back after the kiss, that does damage.
seriously tho, has anyone found a way around this? coz ive heard a few people have reset all their characters, tried again, and still nothing! even deleting and downloading the game again!!! its gona be a pain in the ass grinding all characters again for nothin
jinjo1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 10:58 PM   #74
NickDynmo

NickDynmo's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by jinjo1983 View Post
i feel your pain Heroic Fortune!
i too now have all achievements but this one i have used ALL strikers and multiple times and still nothing. i take it ramonas striker is the only one who does not hit and damage enimies, as i noticed when kims striker jumps back after the kiss, that does damage.
seriously tho, has anyone found a way around this? coz ive heard a few people have reset all their characters, tried again, and still nothing! even deleting and downloading the game again!!! its gona be a pain in the ass grinding all characters again for nothin
Still in the same boat as this guy.
NickDynmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 03:31 AM   #75
RealistIdealist

RealistIdealist's Gamercard
This shit happened to me too. Unlocked the Chaus as Stills, got him to have mr. chau come out and kill and mrs. chau too along with his Knives one. Default Knives for everyone else and Negaknives for NegaScott and...nothing. Damn am I pissed. Achievements was NOT the reason I bought this game but it annoys me when there's one I can't get due to the game getting fucked up. I'll be on the lookout for fixes for this.

RealistIdealist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 03:17 PM   #76
ponypo2001

ponypo2001's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Silver   1,000 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Road Map - Bronze
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
I'm holding off playing this game till this problem is rectified as I don't fancy re-doing all that work when it bugs on me. My question is simple. Has anyone thought to get in touch with the programmers / developers of the game? It's a longshot but it has worked sometimes to help get things done. If they are not aware of a problem, there will never be a fix.

ponypo2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 12:49 AM   #77
Gamechamp

Send a message via AIM to Gamechamp

Gamechamp3000's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
I have an idea. The people who are having problems unlocking it: are you making sure the game saves before you exit to the main menu? I would assume the game won't keep track of previous strikers unless the game is saved after using them, meaning either finishing the level or exiting to the map.
Old 09-11-2010, 06:20 AM   #78
shisio

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponypo2001 View Post
I'm holding off playing this game till this problem is rectified as I don't fancy re-doing all that work when it bugs on me. My question is simple. Has anyone thought to get in touch with the programmers / developers of the game? It's a longshot but it has worked sometimes to help get things done. If they are not aware of a problem, there will never be a fix.
Gamechamp: those of us having this problem have been saving our updates back to the map. In my case - the 15 times or so I've tried this - I call the strikers, then go back to the main menu so that the save happens (see the little piggy bank icon appear). I'm sure that's what everyone else is doing too. There's enough internet posts out there to spell out all conditions needed to unlock the achievement (including spelling out that you have to save your game so that it remembers that you used those strikers already).

Heroic Fortune, NickDynmo: I'm in the same boat as you. I ended up coming to X360 Achievements to get the details on this cheevey because I was trying to figure out if mine was glitched.

ponypo2001: I have to support your decision to hold off on buying the game. I wish I had done some research before I bought the game so I wouldn't have automatically supported a shoddy product (but I thought the movie was fun so..shame on me). It's an Ubisoft game, and Ubisoft is known for their poor QC and lack of support for patching games. I myself registered on the Ubisoft forums to mention that it was glitched, and there are over 1000 people there who read the "this game is broke" post, but not many people actually posted there. I also tried to open an online support request and their "tech support" email system is garbage.

The only thing that I can think of is that we try to get the word out to all of the people at X360 Achievements to try to contact Ubisoft and tell them how broken this game is. Does anyone have any professional or personal contacts with Ubisoft development? I can try to look up their phone support numbers. Anyone with me to try to make this happen?

Last edited by shisio; 09-11-2010 at 06:28 AM. Reason: correct typos
shisio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 03:47 PM   #79
ponypo2001

ponypo2001's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Silver   1,000 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Road Map - Bronze
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Sadly, I already bought the game the second it came out but I've been holding off playing in case they fixed the problem and I ended up having to re-level all the characters etc. It's a really ballsache cause I so want to get stuck in to the game with my mate.

ponypo2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 05:53 AM   #80
RealistIdealist

ok, got another question about this achievement.

Has anyone played, got the achievement glitched, then deleted the game from your memory and redownload and do it again to get the achievement? I tried deleting my profile from my xbox and then gaining it again but it didn't help. I am just wondering if anyone got it by deleting the game and they tried to get it again. I'm almost willing to do that, it'll just take a whole day is all.

Old 09-12-2010, 10:54 AM   #81
Helg0r

toxik helg0r's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze
There is apparently a guy over at the gamespot forums who has tried this but didn't have any success...

here's the link:
http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/acti...=961765&page=1

god I wholeheartedly hate this game by now...

Seringue Absorption Torture Alienation Nihilism
e
Helg0r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 06:10 AM   #82
T-Hybrid

Torhu Hybrid's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Just unlocked it now with no issue. Played through as Scott, unlocking and using all three Strikers before beating the game.

Then used each of the other characters' strikers before beating the game with them.

Then used the 5th character's striker and it popped immediately.
Old 09-14-2010, 07:39 AM   #83
shisio

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Hybrid View Post
Just unlocked it now with no issue. Played through as Scott, unlocking and using all three Strikers before beating the game.

Then used each of the other characters' strikers before beating the game with them.

Then used the 5th character's striker and it popped immediately.
So, what are you telling us? Your achievement was bugged and now it stopped being bugged, or you're just reporting in that yours wasn't bugged..? If the latter, then congratulations.

I think, though I can't be sure that many/most of the people having problems with the achievement glitching beat the game before calling their strikers.

Something like this - apologies for the post but it doesn't honor HTML tags
Character | Striker used | Game beaten | Mr Chau unlocked | Beat game w/o Mr & Mrs Chau used
Scott yes yes yes yes
Ramona yes yes yes no
Stills yes yes yes yes
Kim no yes yes no

If any combination of colums 3, 4, 5 has a yes in it then the achievement just may never appear. If the money transfer trick worked for me, then I would be tempted to test this theory a bit on a console gamertag to see what happens, but there's something not quite clear about how it handles a multiplayer save.

However, there is one possibility for us, Heroic Fortune and others; once the code to unlock the 6th character is entered, then there is effectively one more character with a striker to use. Perhaps using this character will unglitch the glitch. I guess we'll find out in November.
shisio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 09:22 PM   #84
Sullio

Don't know if it will help, but here is how i got the achievement :

1. I Almost always played with the magical sword the whole time
  2. Finished with Scott (easy)
  3. Finished with Scott again to get the master achievement (hardest)
  4. Playing with Ramona, and Mr Chau appeared on the Bus Level => Killed him, but it didn't display the "Chau" unlocked message. When he appeared, i was on the 5th level.
  5. Finished with Ramona.
  6. Played again a bit with Romana to get money to trade, Chau appeared on the Parking level, killed him, got the message. When he appeared, i was on the Tengu level.
  7. Finished with Kim
  8. Finished with Stills
  9. => Got NegaScott
  10. Played NegaScott 1st level, making his strikers move.
  11. Still no achievement. (???)

11. Then, and here is the important part, i played again each character to make the striker move.

My Ramona had Chau so i did the Chau striker (appears randomly, but often), then i did her normal Striker and... still nothing. I thought it wasn't possible, so i did some strikers move again and i had another one i didn't see before. Achievement unlocked.

Now i can play Halo Reach, just in time ^^
Sullio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 10:30 PM   #85
RealistIdealist

I've read a solution that someone claims to have worked (they had it glitched but unlocked it later). I will test it and see and report back. It'll probably take a while because I won't use any cheats just in case and I have college work. It may take until Sunday for me to finish it.

Old 09-15-2010, 08:40 AM   #86
Helg0r

toxik helg0r's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze
Quote:
Originally Posted by RealistIdealist View Post
I've read a solution that someone claims to have worked (they had it glitched but unlocked it later). I will test it and see and report back. It'll probably take a while because I won't use any cheats just in case and I have college work. It may take until Sunday for me to finish it.
I'll keep my fingers crossed then...

Seringue Absorption Torture Alienation Nihilism
e
Helg0r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 06:03 PM   #87
jinjo1983

jinjo1983's Gamercard
let us know how that goes RealistIdealist!
failing that, i may have to fork out for this "expansion" and hope that fixes the problem i doubt it verry much! lol
jinjo1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 11:10 PM   #88
L0cke89

Send a message via ICQ to L0cke89 Send a message via MSN to L0cke89

L0cke89's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Silver   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Got it yesterday without any trouble.

I beat the game on easy with Scott first, failing at least 3 times against Mr Chau. I then completed only the boss fights on master and startetd working on the other characters. Only had Mr. Chau sow up one time with Still and beat him. Got Mrs. Chau to show up even before Mr. Chau. Finished with every character without using any cheats and just upgrading stats to 100.

Make sure every striker hits and enemy beside Ramona, which just gives you health. After I unlocked NegaScott, I hit the first enemy with his striker and plop.

I really feel sorry for you guys :/

1st on x360a to 200/200 Bastion and 400/400 THPS:HD
L0cke89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 03:56 PM   #89
Super Nintendog

Super Nintendog's Gamercard
I can confirm that Mr. Chau will appear on Supreme Master difficulty on a 1rst run with Ramona or Scott. I have only beaten the game with these two characters, and I believe you only get one chance per playthrough. I failed with Scott and Mr. Chau beat my asterix. With Ramona, I started the game using Power of Love and Blood enabled on Supreme Master. After defeating the Twin Dragons, Mr. Chau appeared on the world map and I tore him apart with the P.O.L.
Hope this helps. If you've gone through it with every character, was it on anything else other than Supreme Master? did you beat it on easy, then go back and fight only bosses? When I lost to Mr. Chau with Scott, I had done this also. I beat the game with Scott on easy, maxed out stats, then went back through it bosses only on Supreme Master. Again, he appeared after the Twin Dragons but on a different map location than with Ramona. Let me know if anyone else can confirm this, so we can get this achievement pinpointed. I also had full health with Ramona when he appeared and I whooped him good.
Super Nintendog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 06:10 PM   #90
RealistIdealist

Progress: So far I think this is gonna work. I'll keep you guys posted!