Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooters > F.E.A.R
Subscribe    Donate

Old 04-29-2007, 11:26 PM   #1
MrEastSide

Colonel Weener's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Just died on Interval 8, going for Survivalist!

And I had to come here to vent. I don't know if I've ever been more pissed! The sucky thing is, I've finished this game 2 or 3 times on the PC and about 3, maybe 4 times on the 360. I was gunning to make this my last play-through for a while and now I've gone and messed up getting the achievement and likely am not gonna want to play another game for a long time! Stupid Achievement! LOL!
After completing COD: Grenades at War on Veteran, I went after Treyarch's previous masterpiece: COD3. I could tell you it was on par. Unevenly distributed checkpoints (many between cutscenes, but very scarce between the BS moments) and no running available. As a result, I had 4 white hairs grown yesterday when I beat it at last.

MrEastSide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 01:06 PM   #2
Devolon

FKT DEVOLON's Gamercard
Interval 8... What happened? You got crushed by a car? Killed by a sniper? I'd like to try that one - just got the max difficulty achievement-, but I don't know... Alma's ghosts can kill you very quick, and I don't want to die on Interval 10 or 11.
Old 04-30-2007, 01:23 PM   #3
Realvolt

Realvolt's Gamercard
I know someone who was going for ammo hog and survivalist in the same game. He got all the way to Alma and when he got to her he didn't know if you touched her it killed you so he ran up to punch her in the head and she killed him. He was more sad then angy
Realvolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 01:25 PM   #4
MrEastSide

I'm an idiot. I was so careful. I laid a mine down and was going to lure one of the giant robots into it. I do it all the time. As I was running away from him and shooting at him, he fired one of his rockets at me it hit me and exploded right as I was near the mine, which in turn caused the mine to explode right under my ass! Stupid achievement! LOL!
After completing COD: Grenades at War on Veteran, I went after Treyarch's previous masterpiece: COD3. I could tell you it was on par. Unevenly distributed checkpoints (many between cutscenes, but very scarce between the BS moments) and no running available. As a result, I had 4 white hairs grown yesterday when I beat it at last.

Old 05-02-2007, 01:38 PM   #5
Devolon

FKT DEVOLON's Gamercard
Oh boy, that's gotta hurt. I would have jumped from my couch and tried to switch my console off before the game resumes... Has anyone tried? Does it work?
Old 05-02-2007, 08:31 PM   #6
MrEastSide

I accidentally hit the slow-mo button during one play through when I was trying to get the "real-time" achievement. I simply turned the game off, didn't save, didn't choose "quit" and at the end of the game I didn't get the achievement. So somehow, it knew that I hit the slow-mo button. Almost scary how smart that game is.