PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Fallout: New Vegas
Subscribe    Donate

Old 09-03-2010, 05:57 AM   #31
Pormogo

underworld toad's Gamercard
Hey, the game's going to be awesome, difficult achivements or not.

I just hope the game keeps me hooked long enough to get them all.

Thanks to N3xus Gam3r!
Pormogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 11:30 PM   #32
Aesir Renegade

Aesir Renegade's Gamercard
I don't care how long 100% this game DLC included.... it will be done!!!!
Old 09-05-2010, 01:48 PM   #33
la fouine 54

la fouine 54's Gamercard
Will the hardcore mode on FNV be as difficult as the Hard difficulty on Oblivion ?

If so it will be a pain to get all the achievs'...
la fouine 54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 07:31 PM   #34
Wildcats 418

Wildcats 418's Gamercard
hardcore achievement is awesome im glad there is an achievement for it this time thats the only thing fallout 3 was missing hopefully the snow globes will level you up like the booble heads did also i hope you can decrease points like you can in the fallout 3 whwn you first start the game
Wildcats 418 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 06:59 PM   #35
michaelmd

AOD MichaelMD's Gamercard
My favorite change from Fallout 3 is that they took away / condensed the 9 achievements in which you had to reach the same level with 3 different karma ratings (good/bad/neutral).

Because of those achievements, you were basically required to keep a good karma all the time, because it was easiest to go from good to neutral to bad quickly by killing NPCs at the time of leveling up.

Now, since they took karma out of the picture for achievements, you can be just as good or as bad as you want to be.

I hate when game achievements force you to play a certain moral way, then play the other way to get another achievement. I want to enjoy the game making moral choices how I want, not how the developers want me to.
michaelmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 09:01 PM   #36
PenderPowguin

PenderPowguin's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelmd View Post
My favorite change from Fallout 3 is that they took away / condensed the 9 achievements in which you had to reach the same level with 3 different karma ratings (good/bad/neutral).

Because of those achievements, you were basically required to keep a good karma all the time, because it was easiest to go from good to neutral to bad quickly by killing NPCs at the time of leveling up.

Now, since they took karma out of the picture for achievements, you can be just as good or as bad as you want to be.

I hate when game achievements force you to play a certain moral way, then play the other way to get another achievement. I want to enjoy the game making moral choices how I want, not how the developers want me to.
Not saying I disagree with playing the way you want to but these achievements were not hard at all to obtain. The whole game I played however I liked and still got them all, which you could've too if you followed the easy strategy.
Have a game save at each achievement level.
Whatever karma you're at you can easily shift one way or the other.
Bad to Good - just donate to the religious organization in Megaton (if you blew it up, just keep giving bums fresh water)
Good to Bad - Simple, kill people
And obviously Neutral do enough of said above to make neutral, so karma achievements aren't hard at all and really you can still play the way you want to play the whole game.

I bet you wish you knew this WHILE you were playing huh? Ah well.

"Are you saying we shouldn't hope?"

"I'm saying we should remove the carrot and walk forward with our eyes open!”
- Raistlin Majere

Major props to Rajeanero for this sexy sig!
PenderPowguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 09:07 AM   #37
Lizard UK

Lizard uk's Gamercard
Quote:

I totally agree.

Yes with a bit of planning, the Fallout 3 karma achievements were easy to obtain. But for me, it would have been better without them.

Developers these days, especially in RPG's, praise that their game has loads of moral choices, being good and bad etc. Some of us like going for achievements so these type of good/bad achievements restrict us from playing the game how we want to play.
Achievements like this can sometimes mean multiple playthroughs, so I understand that developers just want us to experience and play their game more.

I'm glad there are no karma achievements this time. Hardcore could be really tough, looking forward to it.
Lizard UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 07:38 PM   #38
RedDeadFan

WildWestKiller's Gamercard
Great list, cant wait
RedDeadFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 10:36 PM   #39
swatnflyz

tehe- can't wait
swatnflyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 11:59 PM   #40
SovietCrusade

SovietSanvich's Gamercard
"The House Always Wins", "For The Republic", "Render Unto Caesar", and "Wild Card" all sound like achievements for different "endings"

SovietCrusade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 08:24 AM   #41
Keirris

Keirris's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by xbfrittsox360 View Post
Looks a little more challenging in my opinion. Also more time consuming, having to deal out 10,000 damage for a variety of weapons. But then again, 10,000 might not be as much as it sounds if you're dealing out a few hundred to kill someone.

This may sound like a stupid question, but what is an "unarmed weapon"? I mean they have energy weapons, guns, explosives, melee weapons, etc. But this is another category we need to deal out 10,000 damage points for. I'm unclear what they are.
Boxing Gloves, Deathclaw Gauntlet, Ballistic Fist, Brass Knuckles, Displacer Glove, Power Fist, Golden Gloves.... anything that Wraps Around the Fist
Keirris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 08:30 AM   #42
Keirris

Keirris's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by esio gk View Post
I wonder about snowglobes. What are they? Are they like bobbleheads in F3? How many of them are in the game?
They are like The Bobbles but there Effects only Last while you have them in your inventory
Keirris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 08:35 AM   #43
Grimfel

Zombicidal RT's Gamercard
I honestly don't see the unarmed as much of an issue. I mean worst case scenario, just do them when the copious amounts of DLC come out. I was so pwntacular by the end of FO3 that I could walk up to anything and own it however I wanted.
If this follows in the footsteps of FO3 then you will be an all around Bad a$$ by the end that can pick your killer poison and rack up 10k damage easy.

These cheevs do look to be fun and entertaining.

Also I too am super stoked about the freedom to be whatever karma I want at any point and still get the achievement!

Retail Completed 100% - 22
Arcade Completed 100% - 12
Want to Grind - GoW:Judgement /Borderlands2/Tomb Raider
(No FR or Parties accepted without message)
LotRO - Grimfel - Member of the LONGBEARD LEGION!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NataSS Inc View Post
It makes my naughty bits tingle when I can do it on my own.
Grimfel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 04:33 PM   #44
J4ckyb0y1

Ix J4ckyb0y xI's Gamercard
Got 10k in gun damage by lvl 10. List looks easy.
Old 10-18-2010, 02:08 AM   #45
DOGGHOUSE

DOGGHOUSE's Gamercard
tru love

I LOVE THIS GAME ....it is just like the first one lol not a bad thing tho
DOGGHOUSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 07:31 AM   #46
Grimfel

Zombicidal RT's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by J4ckyb0y1 View Post
Got 10k in gun damage by lvl 10. List looks easy.
Have you already played this?? Or were you referring to the first one?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOGGHOUSE View Post
I LOVE THIS GAME ....it is just like the first one lol not a bad thing tho
You mean the series? Or as I asked the first guy... have you played already?

Retail Completed 100% - 22
Arcade Completed 100% - 12
Want to Grind - GoW:Judgement /Borderlands2/Tomb Raider
(No FR or Parties accepted without message)
LotRO - Grimfel - Member of the LONGBEARD LEGION!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NataSS Inc View Post
It makes my naughty bits tingle when I can do it on my own.
Grimfel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 07:44 PM   #47
Cifer Almasy

Cifer Almasy's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by SovietCrusade View Post
"The House Always Wins", "For The Republic", "Render Unto Caesar", and "Wild Card" all sound like achievements for different "endings"
I hope not.^^
Imagine having to play through the game at least 4+ times siding with different groups!
Can't imagine you can make this choice close to the end of the game...
Otherwise it could as another extreme be related to quests allowing you to either wipe out or side with a group both times receiving the same Achievement... which would be rather easy.
Cifer Almasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 08:12 PM   #48
J4ckyb0y1

Ix J4ckyb0y xI's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimfel View Post
Have you already played this?? Or were you referring to the first one?
Why would I be talking about the 1st one? Topic is for the achievement list for New Vegas.
Old 10-19-2010, 12:35 AM   #49
TilVl

TilVl's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by SovietCrusade View Post
I think you're right so I made a save. Think is I continued with one for example House Always Wins but there is multiple section.

House Always Wins
House Always wins II
House Always wins III

I haven't finished III. But there is also two parts to Wild Card. When I decided to play house both Wild Cards stayed. So I'm thinking you could pretty much do them all just save by the end. then myabe kinda flop it around.

This isn't for sure i'm not close to the end that I know of so I have no clue really.

If someone has beaten it, or past all this already could you give us some info.
TilVl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 01:10 AM   #50
Lazarus Knight

SCHIZIODHERMIT's Gamercard
The game isnt out yet but...

I've noticed several people are already getting achievements for Fallout New Vegas.

Shenanigans !!!!

Seriously, what a boneheaded way to get busted .....
Lazarus Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 06:45 AM   #51
DethReaper420

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbfrittsox360 View Post
Looks a little more challenging in my opinion. Also more time consuming, having to deal out 10,000 damage for a variety of weapons. But then again, 10,000 might not be as much as it sounds if you're dealing out a few hundred to kill someone.

This may sound like a stupid question, but what is an "unarmed weapon"? I mean they have energy weapons, guns, explosives, melee weapons, etc. But this is another category we need to deal out 10,000 damage points for. I'm unclear what they are.
Yeah dude thats provided you are playing on hardcore. Umm... Unarmed weapon is i think your fists or something like that...i just installed it and am about to play will let you kno when i find out.

98% Of people under 25 surround their minds with rap music, if you're part of the 2% that stayed with rock, put this in your signature, ROCK IS BETTER!
DethReaper420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 06:47 AM   #52
DethReaper420

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cifer Almasy View Post
I hope not.^^
Imagine having to play through the game at least 4+ times siding with different groups!
Can't imagine you can make this choice close to the end of the game...
Otherwise it could as another extreme be related to quests allowing you to either wipe out or side with a group both times receiving the same Achievement... which would be rather easy.
ugh dude thats why you save it when you are at the point when you choose, and just work on the different sides, if done like a fallout champ it shouldnt be too difficult

98% Of people under 25 surround their minds with rap music, if you're part of the 2% that stayed with rock, put this in your signature, ROCK IS BETTER!
Old 10-19-2010, 06:47 AM   #53
DethReaper420

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aesir Renegade View Post
Yup I agree

Old 10-19-2010, 01:38 PM   #54
macpride

xL3N1N's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aesir Renegade View Post
exactly my thoughts. and yeah I'm not looking forward to 10,000 damage with my fists, I didn't kill one thing in FO3 with unarmed weapons. Im just hoping a kill is 100 damage so you only have to kill 100 'things' to get it.

Most recent 1000/1000: Tony Hawks Pro Skater: Project 8
macpride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 01:41 PM   #55
Pyr0sa

Quote:

The game was well-worth two full play-throughs; the only useless ones were the "Neutral" ones IMO.

Since this game is more or less a huge expansion for Fallout 3, I'm seriously glad they included Hardcore mode. It makes sense, since Obsidian consists of many of the ORIGINAL Fallout developers, so they're including some of the original "survival"-type gameplay as an option... ...giving a hefty cheevo as a reward for playing "old-skool-style".

Heh, in the first game, the only unarmed weapons were the brass and spiked knuckles, IIRC. Power gloves were in the energy weapons category. Fallout 2 had an excellent side-game/quest sequence similar to an arena series, where you had to basically train and box your way to a title. I'm hoping they have something like that here too.

...but MOST importantly, let's hope that none of the snow-globes are made unavailable by site-destroying quests!!! (I'm looking at you, Raven Rock base and Sheriff's house...) I don't like having a guide in-hand while I play RPGs; I'd rather go back to a late save and pick up missed collection quest items.
Pyr0sa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 05:51 PM   #56
BizzyB

BizzyBum's Gamercard
I'm so glad this doesn't have karma requirements tied in with the leveling achievements (or any karma achievements, at all), as well as "Complete Game on xxx Difficulty"!

Yeah, you have to do Hardcore for 100G, but I was planning to do Hardcore Normal, anyway. Now that I hear XP is the same across all difficulties, I might as well just do Hardcore Very Easy.
Old 10-19-2010, 07:02 PM   #57
Jakethemuss

Thepercenter's Gamercard
The list doesn't look too daunting; only thing which threw me were all the 10K related chevos...some kinda OCD issue the achievement developers had with that number. I'm hoping that won't require too much grinding above and beyond what the game requires (such as the 'genocide' type achievements of recent action/horror games).

I guess using shooters for tougher armed enemies and switching to melee for things like rats, roaches, voles, wolves etc. as you go along would be a good idea.

Currently looking to boost; Condemned 2, Crackdown co-op

Info for potential multiplayer pals; I am a UK brah so go by 'GMT'
Jakethemuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 01:28 AM   #58
falldown3

falldown3's Gamercard
cant wait 2 get this game! i beat fo3 awhile ago but im still coming back 2 it and finding new things! i wanted the collectors edition 4 Christmas but ill prob end up just getting reg edition around mid november
falldown3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 10:03 AM   #59
bolotina

bolotina's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by la fouine 54 View Post
Will the hardcore mode on FNV be as difficult as the Hard difficulty on Oblivion ?

If so it will be a pain to get all the achievs'...
Hardcore is not related to difficulty. It's actually fun - all those food and drink items, doctors and everything else that you might not even bother using in original F3 become important. Stimpacks healing over time may make combat a tiny bit harder, but so far I did not notice any complications with that
bolotina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 10:59 AM   #60
jgahagan

Send a message via MSN to jgahagan

JoBot 8000's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by bolotina View Post
Hardcore is not related to difficulty. It's actually fun - all those food and drink items, doctors and everything else that you might not even bother using in original F3 become important. Stimpacks healing over time may make combat a tiny bit harder, but so far I did not notice any complications with that
I practically played Fallout 3 like it was Hardcore mode anyway so I'm looking forward to the challenge, I might be in for a shock though! I just hope there's a crap-tonne of Stealth Boys laying about!