PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Fallout: New Vegas
Subscribe    Donate

Old 01-02-2011, 07:57 AM   #91
Revolver

Send a message via AIM to Revolver Send a message via MSN to Revolver

RevolverOcl2's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Just finished the very last achievement and I have to say that all the hours (close to 80) that I sunk into this game were worth every second! I am very happy to have been able to play this game!
Revolver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 05:09 PM   #92
green26maniac

Green26maniac's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by W1cked Seraph View Post
There are two places to turn in scrap metal. one only gives you rep with a faction and another place u can turn it in for bank. nothing on pre war books this time though. once you get to exploring and looking around you will see that there are HUNDREDS of pre war books laying around
Where do you turn i the scrap metal for bank?
green26maniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 04:47 AM   #93
suprhumannewman

suprhumannewman's Gamercard
None of these are really hard, but they take FOREVER
Old 01-04-2011, 01:26 PM   #94
suprhumannewman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ascnimbles View Post
does the hardcore chhev unlock after finishing any story ending or do you have to finish them all just wondering cause im doing the yes man approach which seems to be progressing quite quickly just wondering if i have to do every ending first?
Any ending will work. I did it with Caesar's Legion, my brother did it with Mr. House. As soon as you get any ending this will pop.
Old 01-05-2011, 10:03 PM   #95
suprhumannewman

Quote:
Originally Posted by green26maniac View Post
Where do you turn i the scrap metal for bank?
give it to jack, in the hangar at Nellis Air Force Base (Boomer city)
Old 01-06-2011, 08:16 AM   #96
a hippyslayer

xThe LArchitect's Gamercard
**spoilers**

im on my 1st playthrough and have ran into a huge problem! Im trying to do the House quest, so I go to the fort, rape my way through it, kill caesar, get the chip, bring it to House, watch the "cutscene", and am directed to go to Fortification Hill to his bunker. So I go to the weather station, kill fools in there, and then cant enter the bunker. I dont have the platinum chip! Mr House seems to think he gave it to me, but I definitely dont have it. Anyone have any suggestions as to how this could have happened. Is it just glitched cause I didnt follow directions and killed the legion?

Currently Playing:
Dark Souls (Windows Live), El Shaddai: Ascension of the Metatron, Battlefield 4 (X1), Ruse, a grip of Windows Phone Games and Windows 8 games

No worries I'm not an Xbox Live rock star. Send friend requests and messages as you will and I will respond. You're playing video games, you're not busy curing cancer.
a hippyslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 05:34 AM   #97
Pixo

Send a message via AIM to Pixo

Pl4ti7Vum826's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by a hippyslayer View Post
im on my 1st playthrough and have ran into a huge problem! Im trying to do the House quest, so I go to the fort, rape my way through it, kill caesar, get the chip, bring it to House, watch the "cutscene", and am directed to go to Fortification Hill to his bunker. So I go to the weather station, kill fools in there, and then cant enter the bunker. I dont have the platinum chip! Mr House seems to think he gave it to me, but I definitely dont have it. Anyone have any suggestions as to how this could have happened. Is it just glitched cause I didnt follow directions and killed the legion?
Did you put the chip into the console to your right? It should be to your right as soon as you go into the weather station.
Pixo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 04:52 PM   #98
a hippyslayer

I tried to but it did not give me the option. It says "leave the machine alone".
I literally dont have the chip and dont know where it could be. Mr. House sent me to Fortification Hill but failed to give me the chip back. I think im going to have to pursue the NCR story line and come back to the House story on a different save.

Currently Playing:
Dark Souls (Windows Live), El Shaddai: Ascension of the Metatron, Battlefield 4 (X1), Ruse, a grip of Windows Phone Games and Windows 8 games

No worries I'm not an Xbox Live rock star. Send friend requests and messages as you will and I will respond. You're playing video games, you're not busy curing cancer.
Old 01-09-2011, 07:44 AM   #99
theo

Theo Boots's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by suprhumannewman View Post
give it to jack, in the hangar at Nellis Air Force Base (Boomer city)
Give your scrap metal to the guy outside Gun Runners.

theo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 07:47 AM   #100
theo

Theo Boots's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by a hippyslayer View Post
I tried to but it did not give me the option. It says "leave the machine alone".
I literally dont have the chip and dont know where it could be. Mr. House sent me to Fortification Hill but failed to give me the chip back. I think im going to have to pursue the NCR story line and come back to the House story on a different save.
question: Is the chip in your inventory?
I'm just asking because I didn't hear you explicitely say you checked your inventory. You only said "House said he gave it to you" and "you picked it up".

Check your inventory. It should be in the Misc tab.

Old 01-13-2011, 02:55 PM   #101
TheSecondLetter

TheSecondLetter's Gamercard
Sorry if this has already been posted:

If you want a quick "Speech Challenges" achievement, you can abuse the Speech Challenge that Store owner gives you in Novac. If your speech skill is high enough, you can just keep choosing the challenge as an option until you get to 50. I'm sure this is not the only case, but it's the first one I've found.
TheSecondLetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 03:38 PM   #102
Toams07
Why so serious?

Toamss's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1   Subscriber - Bronze   XBA Promoter   2,500 Posts
Hey guys,
I have a quite big question about this game,
is it worth buying?

At one hand, I love RPG games and the reviews are great and the game looks fun,
but at the other hand I'm not a shooter type at all
The only shooter I've ever played WITHOUT auto-aim was Battlefield BC2
but is this a worthy purchase?

Thanks to DEG23 for the azaming Trials Evo sig!

Thanks to Rajeanero for the fantastic Joker avatar!
Toams07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 12:35 PM   #103
theo

Theo Boots's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelstick View Post
Hey guys,
I have a quite big question about this game,
is it worth buying?

At one hand, I love RPG games and the reviews are great and the game looks fun,
but at the other hand I'm not a shooter type at all
The only shooter I've ever played WITHOUT auto-aim was Battlefield BC2
but is this a worthy purchase?
Don't buy it.

This game has autoaim. It's just called different. It's called V.A.T.S.
The game is very grey with little color. There's no pink nor bright pastel-colors.
Ending of the game is not worth it. At the end you can't do anything anymore but start a new game.
Did I mention it is very addictive and will ruin your life?
Are you aware of the gazillion of glitches in this game? Check out the "Known Glitches"-thread

So, save yourself all this misery and do not buy it.

ps. why did you post your question in the "Achievement Discussion"-thread?

Last edited by theo; 01-21-2011 at 12:38 PM.
Old 01-21-2011, 03:02 PM   #104
Toams07
Why so serious?

Toamss's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1   Subscriber - Bronze   XBA Promoter   2,500 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by theo View Post
Because I didnt want to make a new thread and this one seemed the most logical to me to post in

Old 01-21-2011, 03:25 PM   #105
gealt

gealt's Gamercard
Quote:
Don't buy it.

This game has autoaim. It's just called different. It's called V.A.T.S.
The game is very grey with little color. There's no pink nor bright pastel-colors.
Ending of the game is not worth it. At the end you can't do anything anymore but start a new game.
Did I mention it is very addictive and will ruin your life?
Are you aware of the gazillion of glitches in this game? Check out the "Known Glitches"-thread

So, save yourself all this misery and do not buy it.

I'm gonna go ahead and completely disagree with this post (well except for the part about your post being in the wrong place). If you love RPG's you should get it, it's one of the best RPG's out in a while. I see that you played Oblivion, so you will be familiar with the gamebryo engine and how much of a pain in the ass it can be at times, so judge that one for yourself. As for the FPS element, I think it's prolly a better game to start on than something like COD. I wouldn't even call VATS and auto aim, it's more like it transforms the FPS aspect into a more traditional turn based combat system(not really, but it's a better description than auto aim). There are plenty of colors besides grey, the ending is totally worth it (especially if you were thorough in your play through). It's true that you can't play after the ending, but that was confirmed by the devs before release. Also, it would be stupid as almost none of the in game quests would make any sense after the main story is over (how can you work for /against ncr or legion when they've either already won or been destroyed?). I agree that it's addictive, but thats because it's awesome. I'd say go buy it right now...
Old 01-21-2011, 09:59 PM   #106
theo

Theo Boots's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by gealt View Post
I'm gonna go ahead and completely disagree with this post (well except for the part about your post being in the wrong place). If you love RPG's you should get it, it's one of the best RPG's out in a while. I see that you played Oblivion, so you will be familiar with the gamebryo engine and how much of a pain in the ass it can be at times, so judge that one for yourself. As for the FPS element, I think it's prolly a better game to start on than something like COD. I wouldn't even call VATS and auto aim, it's more like it transforms the FPS aspect into a more traditional turn based combat system(not really, but it's a better description than auto aim). There are plenty of colors besides grey, the ending is totally worth it (especially if you were thorough in your play through). It's true that you can't play after the ending, but that was confirmed by the devs before release. Also, it would be stupid as almost none of the in game quests would make any sense after the main story is over (how can you work for /against ncr or legion when they've either already won or been destroyed?). I agree that it's addictive, but thats because it's awesome. I'd say go buy it right now...
Your post is wrong in so many ways I just have to respond to it.

1. He asked advice and I gave it to him. My advice is not meant to be a discussion piece. If you want to give him different advice by all means go ahead but don't start criticizing mine. It is my opinion and it is not up for discussion. You may have a different opinion but I'm not critiqueing the points you are making. If you want me to do so let me know and I'll trash your points.

2. You start out by saying you're gonna completely disagree with me. Then I read your post. To my suprise you're very much in agreement with me. These quotes prove it.
Quote:
I'm gonna go ahead and completely disagree with this post (well except for the part about your post being in the wrong place).
Quote:
It's true that you can't play after the ending
Quote:
I agree that it's addictive
C'mon be fair now and stop your tough talk. There are plenty more points you agree on. You just didn't write them down.

3. If you're that very very very smart. Why didn't you pick up on the fact that I was being a bit sarcastic. Did you not find it strange that I called the game addictive? Did you not find it strange that he mentioned auto-aim and I said the game has V.A.T.S.? I could go on with the list of clues but I don't want to get argumentative.

ps.
Point 3 is also sarcastic.
I have not criticized the content of your post ... yet.

================================================== =======

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelstick View Post
Because I didnt want to make a new thread and this one seemed the most logical to me to post in
I understand. I'm not saying you shoudn't have done it.

You could have used the search-function. Then you would have found a more relevant threads like this one: http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...d.php?t=269624

However if you had used the above example-thread then someone would have commented on you reviving an ancient thread.

Just remember, life is full of choices and consequences. And it is almost undoable to please everybody. :-)

Do you think that your question would have been answered if you had read those ancient threads?

Last edited by theo; 01-21-2011 at 10:26 PM.
Old 01-22-2011, 10:38 AM   #107
Toams07
Why so serious?

Toamss's Gamercard

Quote:
Do you think that your question would have been answered if you had read those ancient threads?
Pretty much. Thanks

Old 01-22-2011, 01:39 PM   #108
gealt

gealt's Gamercard
Quote:
Your post is wrong in so many ways I just have to respond to it....

Sorry I disagreed with you in a way you didn't like...
Old 01-22-2011, 05:24 PM   #109
a hippyslayer

Sorry I disagreed with you in a way you didn't like...[/QUOTE]

DO NOT DISAGREE! Or you shall be smote with the NERD HAMMER!

Currently Playing:

Old 01-23-2011, 09:07 AM   #110
theo

Theo Boots's Gamercard
Quote:

Sorry I disagreed with you in a way you didn't like...
Nice thumbs up.

I was a bit worried because the tone of a post is often understood wrongly.
Luckily you didn't succumb to the flaming-trap.
Sometimes I get a bit carried away and am tempted to use the NERD HAMMER!

Last edited by theo; 01-23-2011 at 09:25 AM.
Old 01-23-2011, 02:43 PM   #111
gealt

gealt's Gamercard
No worries, I developed a pretty thick skin after 8 years in the military. You'd really really have to try to get me mad about anything on a forum. Glad to know that there's others out there who are really passionate about fallout, it was the first game series that really hooked me, the release of fallout 3 is what got me back into gaming after a long hiatus.
Old 02-13-2011, 02:17 PM   #112
Fear Warrior

Fear Warrior's Gamercard
Hi Guys.

I only have Hardcore achivo left and I have started it but I could use some advice.

I am only a level 3 in this game and I am doing the missins for the King in G.I blues mission and I am suppost to kill a load of people who is giving out the food ?, anyway there are loads of them and I get owned very quick so I was wondering if anyone could let me know of any good level glitches that will work if I clear my xbox cache ?

I dont cheat in games but I realy would like to get this one done ASAP.

Any help would be aswesome

Games Completed.

Forza 2 Car Designs:
http://www.picturetrail.com/frankscars
Forza 3 Car Designs:
http://www.picturetrail.com/frankscars2
Fear Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 06:57 PM   #113
FeatherbottomMR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fear Warrior View Post
Hi Guys.

I only have Hardcore achivo left and I have started it but I could use some advice.

I am only a level 3 in this game and I am doing the missins for the King in G.I blues mission and I am suppost to kill a load of people who is giving out the food ?, anyway there are loads of them and I get owned very quick so I was wondering if anyone could let me know of any good level glitches that will work if I clear my xbox cache ?

I dont cheat in games but I realy would like to get this one done ASAP.

Any help would be aswesome
Isn't there a way to use a speech option instead of killing them.... Problem is your a level 3 which means your speech might be too low.....
FeatherbottomMR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 07:54 PM   #114
Denizens44

Guardsman Jacob's Gamercard
Hardcore here I come!

Thank you Audacious for the signature

Gamertag: Guardsman Jacob
Denizens44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 07:38 PM   #115
crispycritter

crispycritter's Gamercard
Fallout Achievements

So far the achievements seem to be pretty well done. I only have a little over half of them so far and am currently working through DM. Looking through the achievement list it looks like I should be able to get most if not all of the achievements.
crispycritter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 05:33 PM   #116
Starkweather

starkweatherxc's Gamercard
I am really glad they will have achievements for Gun Runners Arsenal and Lonesome Road!! Hopefully the Gun Runners ones will be quite challenging.
Starkweather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 03:26 AM   #117
KirbyTheAlmighty

foxhound kirby's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by zarda1 View Post
i haven't played the dlc yet so i was wondering it any of them besides GRA effect the main game. take BoS add-on effected the main game of Fo3 but other dlcs were in competely different areas, are all four of these DLC seperate to the actual game? i just want to know so i can have the complete experience on a new game without having to get the dlc yet.
None of them change the main game, if that's what you're asking. They're all separate.

Xbox One / Day One
KirbyTheAlmighty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 06:04 PM   #118
TroubledReaper

No Pants Evan's Gamercard
Two Left

Only 2 Left to 100% with all DLC!
Old 10-01-2011, 09:57 AM   #119
gregocelt84

gregocelt84's Gamercard
one questions guys --> can I get 'Curios and Relics' achievment with Battle Rifle (GRA) ???
gregocelt84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 01:26 AM   #120
He-Man

HeMan Rules You's Gamercard
Why does the achievement guide tell you to start a new game for each playthrough? Just finish the ring-a-ding quest and save. Then just pick one of the four quests to complete, reload the save, then do the other quests.

Last edited by He-Man; 11-09-2011 at 01:33 AM.
He-Man is offline   Reply With Quote