PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password
 

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Mafia 2
Subscribe    Donate

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-24-2007, 08:52 AM   #1
Krazie
 
Krazie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 5,219
Send a message via AIM to Krazie

Krazie x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase x360a Representer   Referrals - Silver   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   5,000 Posts   Gamerscore League Season 4 Winner   Bright Idea   Gears of War Tournament Final Four   Word of Mouth   Poker Tournament 2nd Place   Football Manager 2006 Tournament Runner-Up   Submit - Gold
Total Awards: 11 (more» ...)
Achievement Discussion

Discuss the achievements, when they are revealed, in this thread!
Krazie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 07:18 PM   #2
lboog_081284
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 180
For the Wake Up Call Achievement, I won't say what it is to avoid possible spoilers for the story since it is a story-related achievement and can be missed, I'm just going to say what I did and I need clarification before progressing the story. I don't want to advance too far only to have to start the level over again.

But I chose to hide inside of a closet and there was a cutscene after that. Then after that cutscene I drove to the train station and continued on with the story. I just need clarification if anyone did this and got the Wake Up Call Achievement?
lboog_081284 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 07:53 PM   #3
Daniel55645
 
Daniel55645's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Indiana
Posts: 504
Send a message via Yahoo to Daniel55645

daniel55645's Gamercard
how do you get the achievment for not setting off alarms getting the rations. do you have to choke hold everyone first?
Daniel55645 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 08:11 PM   #4
lboog_081284
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 180
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel55645 View Post
how do you get the achievment for not setting off alarms getting the rations. do you have to choke hold everyone first?
You have to go down the lower levels, like where the furnace is, and switch off the alarms.
lboog_081284 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 03:46 AM   #5
Bantri
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 37

Bantri's Gamercard
How do you get the End of the Rainbow achievement?
Bantri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 05:16 AM   #6
perfecktev7
 
perfecktev7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 70

PERFECTKEV7's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by lboog_081284 View Post
For the Wake Up Call Achievement, I won't say what it is to avoid possible spoilers for the story since it is a story-related achievement and can be missed, I'm just going to say what I did and I need clarification before progressing the story. I don't want to advance too far only to have to start the level over again.

But I chose to hide inside of a closet and there was a cutscene after that. Then after that cutscene I drove to the train station and continued on with the story. I just need clarification if anyone did this and got the Wake Up Call Achievement?
None of the 2nd floor hiding spots worked for me. I watched from the 2nd floor until he came up the stairs and entered one of the far rooms. Once he is out of sight, I sneaked downstairs and worked my way around the first floor until finding a door leading to the back of the house/garage area. Jump in a car and bust through the gate, achievement pop.
perfecktev7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 05:18 AM   #7
perfecktev7
 
perfecktev7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 70

PERFECTKEV7's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bantri View Post
How do you get the End of the Rainbow achievement?
Should be story related.
perfecktev7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 08:10 PM   #8
Captain Baseball Bat Boy
 
Captain Baseball Bat Boy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 14

Kamakaze800's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bantri View Post
How do you get the End of the Rainbow achievement?
All you have to do is catch the Irish guy who who tries to leave the bar in the level where Vito and Joe get revenge on the Irish. You can either catch him or loose him.

**sorry for being a little discreet but i'm trying not to reveal any spoilers**
Captain Baseball Bat Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 09:08 PM   #9
Bantri
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 37

Bantri's Gamercard
ahhhh, okay. Yeah, I kind of didn't get that one because I didn't think I'd need to drive after anyone, so I had a truck as my vehicle... and on top of that, 2 of my tires were blown out. so I couldn't really catch him :P I tried hijacking a car too from restarting the last save point, but it took too long. So after I lost him, it said just to go to my house, so this can be missable. Thanks CBBB

Last edited by Bantri; 08-26-2010 at 09:11 PM.
Bantri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 08:22 PM   #10
Leigrez
 
Leigrez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 29

Leigrez's Gamercard
As for the Hard to Kill achievement... does this need to be done with a four star wanted level? Or can you be wanted and just wait 10 min? I don't exactly understand how it works... oh and if it is a four star wanted level... does the blue meter need to be full or well filled the entire 10 min. Only thing I have left to do so I would like my 1000 points.
Leigrez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 09:56 PM   #11
Barad
 
Barad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Bristol, England Occupation: Undergraduate Status: Doing a raid
Posts: 23,263
Send a message via Skype™ to Barad

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Emerald   The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Community Gaming - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Road Map - Emerald   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer
Total Awards: 23 (more» ...)
Easy as pie I can easily say :P
Barad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 08:25 PM   #12
uglybean
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 6
Hi!

I finished Mafia2 on the medium level. Now ... to get "Tough Nut" achievement I must play new game or I can just load every chapter and play it on hard level ?
uglybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 09:29 PM   #13
mister ost
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Gothenburg, Sweden
Posts: 40

mister ost's Gamercard
about the posters, ive got like 110 of them and im sick of it;>
i havent completed chapter15 yet, if i do, and start over or replay the chapters, can i still just collect the last 40 posters? or do i start of at 0 again?
thanks.
mister ost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 10:30 PM   #14
Sn1gaaaZ
 
Sn1gaaaZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Bavaria, Germany
Posts: 565

Citizen Snickey's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by uglybean View Post
Hi!

I finished Mafia2 on the medium level. Now ... to get "Tough Nut" achievement I must play new game or I can just load every chapter and play it on hard level ?
It makes the most sense when you chose new game on hard and play from the start to the end, after each chapter the next chapter comes automatically, but you can replay for example all missions randomly till every chapter is marked as done on hard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mister ost View Post
about the posters, ive got like 110 of them and im sick of it;>
i havent completed chapter15 yet, if i do, and start over or replay the chapters, can i still just collect the last 40 posters? or do i start of at 0 again?
thanks.
everything what you have collected is saved, it makes no difference if you die or go to/chose a new chapter.
Sn1gaaaZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 08:28 PM   #15
uglybean
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sn1gaaaZ View Post
It makes the most sense when you chose new game on hard and play from the start to the end, after each chapter the next chapter comes automatically, but you can replay for example all missions randomly till every chapter is marked as done on hard.



everything what you have collected is saved, it makes no difference if you die or go to/chose a new chapter.

god damn !! I was play on hard level each chapter. I was replay each chapter and play it again od hard lvl. Now I have every chapter marked as done on hard but I didin`t get achivement :/ wtf????
uglybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 08:55 PM   #16
Sn1gaaaZ
 
Sn1gaaaZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Bavaria, Germany
Posts: 565

Citizen Snickey's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by uglybean View Post
god damn !! I was play on hard level each chapter. I was replay each chapter and play it again od hard lvl. Now I have every chapter marked as done on hard but I didin`t get achivement :/ wtf????
mhm... first why did you just play through the game on hard normally, like I said each chapter comes automatically, what was the last chapter you've completed on hard? was it the last chapter?
Sn1gaaaZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 12:29 AM   #17
TheMajinLegend
 
TheMajinLegend's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 143

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
One Careful Owner

Hey guys, I know this may be a silly question but when I search for any info on the achievement nothing comes out clear to me.. Is there any easy method or route for the 'One Careful Owner' achievement? Seems like the only one that will be a nuisance at the moment. Thanks for any help on this
TheMajinLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 04:37 AM   #18
Langeboy
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 436

Langeboy's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Anyone know of a site or something where you can obtain a Russian copy of this game? I'd really like to 1k it a second time.
Langeboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 09:18 AM   #19
uglybean
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sn1gaaaZ View Post
mhm... first why did you just play through the game on hard normally, like I said each chapter comes automatically, what was the last chapter you've completed on hard? was it the last chapter?
Damn ... I started game from first chapter and play chronologically (so my last chapter was 15th). Sometimes I play few chapters in row so next chapters comes automatically but sometimes, when I play next day I take next new chapter (I didn`t take "Load Chapter"). Could that be the problem with getting this achv. ? It will be suck !
uglybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 01:55 PM   #20
jpg30
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 1,039

jpg30's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
can someone tell me the location of the garage where u first store your car, i was looking for a poster and lost the cars location so i want to find the garage to respawn it, plus i want to store other cars too.
jpg30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 03:20 PM   #21
uglybean
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by uglybean View Post
Damn ... I started game from first chapter and play chronologically (so my last chapter was 15th). Sometimes I play few chapters in row so next chapters comes automatically but sometimes, when I play next day I take next new chapter (I didn`t take "Load Chapter"). Could that be the problem with getting this achv. ? It will be suck !
I got a solution ! I start new game on hard level and when I finish first chapter I get achievement
uglybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 08:29 PM   #22
Kevin Craze
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 90

Kevin CrAzE5285's Gamercard
Hard to Kill Achievement not unlocking.

I stole a big truck, not an armored truck, had the cops chase me a bit, and I found a little alley and I parked the truck. They didn't shoot at first, and I eventually got out and shot at them to get them to. I went back in the truck and 11 (but more then that really went by) minutes elapsed and no achievement. I thought if I escape them, it would unlock but nothing. What did I do wrong?

Last edited by Kevin Craze; 09-07-2010 at 08:51 PM. Reason: EDIT: I learned it has to be on 4 stars. I was doing it on 3.
Kevin Craze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 08:44 PM   #23
Cortex369
Banned User
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
Posts: 95

Duppy x Mobster's Gamercard
Wanted Poster

For those wanted posters can I just start a chapter and search for the without doing a certain mission or is there certain mission that have a certain wanted poster.
Cortex369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 09:42 PM   #24
Wraithdagger
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 194

Wraithdagger12's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Craze View Post
I stole a big truck, not an armored truck, had the cops chase me a bit, and I found a little alley and I parked the truck. They didn't shoot at first, and I eventually got out and shot at them to get them to. I went back in the truck and 11 (but more then that really went by) minutes elapsed and no achievement. I thought if I escape them, it would unlock but nothing. What did I do wrong?
You need to be on Wanted Level 4. The icon above the radar will be of a tommy and it'll show 4 stars. Over the police radio they'll "authorize the use of automatic weapons" or something like that.
Wraithdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 01:21 AM   #25
Sn1gaaaZ
 
Sn1gaaaZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Bavaria, Germany
Posts: 565

Citizen Snickey's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cortex369 View Post
For those wanted posters can I just start a chapter and search for the without doing a certain mission or is there certain mission that have a certain wanted poster.
There are no certain posters for a specific chapter, they are like the pigeons from GTA IV. You are always in a mission in Mafia II but you can ignore them and search your wanted posters.
Sn1gaaaZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 04:33 PM   #26
mulle87
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 19

Mulle87's Gamercard
Witch cars can be sold for export and where do I find them?
mulle87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 07:33 PM   #27
Cortex369
Banned User
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
Posts: 95

Duppy x Mobster's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sn1gaaaZ View Post
There are no certain posters for a specific chapter, they are like the pigeons from GTA IV. You are always in a mission in Mafia II but you can ignore them and search your wanted posters.
Thanks for the info
Cortex369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 12:15 AM   #28
Stormnn0rm
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 6

Stormnn0rm's Gamercard
I am not sure if it is supposed to go like this, but I got the 10-minute survival one pretty easily. I shot people and stuff until I got 4 stars, then I killed the cops until there was just one left and I just hid behind some cover and every so often I would pop out from behind my cover so he would see me again and the wanted meter would not deplete (it does not need to be full 100% of the time, it can be in that declining stage and still count) and as long as I did not kill him he never called for backup so it was just me and that one cop for almost all of the 10 minutes
Stormnn0rm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 09:46 AM   #29
live0819
 
live0819's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 17
Can you get the 'tough nut' achievement with playing the chapters seperatly on hard? because at the end of chapter 14, the game keeps loading...
live0819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 01:24 PM   #30
Simsy91
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 14

Simsy91's Gamercard
.

any1 know how 2 kill derrick wivout his ridiculous molotovs killin u first
Simsy91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 10:06 AM.