PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooters > Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
Subscribe    Donate

Old 04-30-2007, 07:21 AM   #1
Krazie

Send a message via AIM to Krazie

Krazie x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase x360a Representer   Referrals - Silver   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   5,000 Posts   Gamerscore League Season 4 Winner   Bright Idea   Gears of War Tournament Final Four   Word of Mouth   Poker Tournament 2nd Place   Football Manager 2006 Tournament Runner-Up   Submit - Gold
Total Awards: 11 (more» ...)
Achievement Discussion

Thread will be unlocked for discussion when achievements are released.
Old 09-19-2007, 01:11 PM   #2
Ruthless
Banned User

Ruthless x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1   1,000 Posts   NBA Live 1000 People Online Supporter   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Achievements changed???

Is it me or have the ahievements changed since this site released them about 2 months ago???
If i remember there was no complete ....... on veteran at all now theres loads of them.
I dont think i can do it all on veteran i havent even done cod 2 or 3 on veteran yet. i will do cod 2 one day to get 1000 GS but i will give this a go i spose.

I would have used the achievement disscussion thread but its still locked up, soz
Ruthless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 01:14 PM   #3
RavenBlackthorn

RavenBlackthorn's Gamercard
The Veteran Achievements are back!!

I don't know about any of you other hardcore Call of Duty fans but I was a little disappointed at first to see that the Veteran Achievements were missing from the original achievement list that was posted.

Seeing that they incorporated this (in my opinion) rather prestigious set of achievements back into the game definately made my day. Having completed Call of Duty 2 and Call of Duty 3 on Veteran (and knowing how incredibly difficult this was) I can only imagine that the Call of Duty 4 Veteran Achievements will deliver more of the same type of challenge.

Although somewhat disappointed that there are no multiplayer achievements (the multiplayer is incredibly addicting regardless of this fact) I am happy to see that they are recognizing the dedication that it takes to complete the Veteran difficulty by once again including these achievements.

I can't wait to try and knock this list out.
RavenBlackthorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 05:09 AM   #4
glasstiger50

DaBigMeat's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I think the list of achievements is fantastic. I especially like the single player campaign ones like "kill someone while blinded by a flashbang." I think Infinity Ward went in the right direction in deciding on no multiplayer achievements. They allow more people to enjoy the online actually playing; I also think it's incredible to set up the "Perk System", so it's kind of like achievements, but you don't need to waste time boosting to get them. You can enjoy the game playing online and have fun in the process. Overall, Infinity Ward is genius.
glasstiger50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 12:10 PM   #5
conor bp

conor BP's Gamercard
these achievements have deffinetley changed i remember there was 1 for completing training on the original list now theve changed it to things like complete on veteran and destory 30 intel and so on but i suppose it makes no differnce to me
conor bp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 02:54 PM   #6
orp08

Dont like them... i mean i didnt finish the cod3 campaign because it was really boring... where are the MP achievements??? it was really cool to have the general achievement.
orp08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 05:07 PM   #7
Ruthless
Banned User

Ruthless x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1   1,000 Posts   NBA Live 1000 People Online Supporter   Word of Mouth
i dont like them either who wants to do all over again on veteran, its boring, it was better on cod 3 because there was one achievement for veteran. im pissed theres no online achievements aswell.
Ruthless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 04:04 PM   #8
DarknessAlone07

DarknessAlone07's Gamercard
hmm..feels nice to see a game which isnt sooo tied up with freaking multi-player achievements...takes the fun out of the MP, because people are so tied up tryin to get them and been idiots and boasting about they got this and you haven't, so you must suck e.t.c, though some could be put towards multi-player, from the small looks of them, or they will release new updates/maps with MP achievements, when people have finished with single player and less people start to play MP
DarknessAlone07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 10:25 PM   #9
lickidy split

pozdog777's Gamercard
The achievements sorta made me want some wendy's so I went to wendy's and got some chicken and fries, possibly a shake.yum
lickidy split is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 08:12 PM   #10
Tricka21

Tricka's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Referrals - Bronze   Submit - Gold
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
No offence to COD fans but i'm so glad there aren't any online achievements in this game, i love the campaign but the online just doesn't agree with me LOL.
Tricka21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 01:35 AM   #11
DFILL450

Send a message via AIM to DFILL450

Awards Showcase Word of Mouth   1,000 Posts
Hard and Deep definitly wins the award for the most perverted achievment lol. Im glad theres no online achievments because i suck at online haha.
Old 10-17-2007, 02:24 AM   #12
killlah631

Weezy x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Word of Mouth   1,000 Posts   Submit - Gold   Achievement Guide - Bronze
Yeah I'm real happy that there isn't online ones...although you do have to beat veteran still...at first I saw the achievement for beat on hardened or veteran, and didn't see the individual Complete x Mission on Veteran, I was pretty happy at firstt.

Completed Retails:

GSL V The CURSE
Start Score: 38,700|+5,670|+2,225|+2,295|+2,675|+2,210|

thanks to Skillet98!
killlah631 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 06:17 AM   #13
pongsifu

pongsifu's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Gold
These achievements look easy as hell. Its rare occasion when I know for a fact that I'll be getting all the achievements a game before it is released. I'm glad it has to be done on veteran and not just veteran OR hardened for the individual levels. It will give me more of a challenge.

Games Completed: 11

pongsifu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 11:53 AM   #14
Zero Flukes

Zero Flukes's Gamercard
I love online play but I am glad as well... No online achievements in my opinion is a very good thing!
Zero Flukes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 08:07 PM   #15
matty cheetham

Matty Cheetham's Gamercard

Yeah this games needs more mp achievements.
---

Thanks to supergaz for the sig

matty cheetham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 11:11 AM   #16
benbam87

s7arscr3am 05's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1   Word of Mouth
I personaly think that this is a great achievement list.

Working On
FORZA 4 (575) - Gears Of War 3 (635) - Dead Island (715) - Portal 2 (875)

Most Proud Completions
Rage (1000) - Call Of Duty 4 (1000) - Oblivion (1250)
benbam87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 08:57 PM   #17
bonkd1nk

bonkadink's Gamercard
Well they could do 250 more achievement points through DLC later on (like crackdown, gears, etc) and make those be the MP achievements only! Just a guess though?!
bonkd1nk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 10:00 PM   #18
totalpardo

Quote:
Originally Posted by matty cheetham View Post
Yeah this games needs more mp achievements.
---
motivates whoring. leave it all in SP and do your glitching at home.
totalpardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 02:38 AM   #19
xENVxGAMERSKREW

Send a message via ICQ to xENVxGAMERSKREW Send a message via AIM to xENVxGAMERSKREW Send a message via MSN to xENVxGAMERSKREW Send a message via Yahoo to xENVxGAMERSKREW Send a message via Skype™ to xENVxGAMERSKREW

xENVxGAMERSKREW's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Thats one thing i liked about cod the MP but without achievements like the 20k or 40k in cod3 it doesnt get you crazy about scoring all the time like insane or why you killed my downed guy? its going to be like gears i knocked him down WTF?? and bad rep everywhere maybe thats why they didn't trip on kills/points or any online achievements.

Still cant wait to get this game tomorrow! hit me up if you guys want to play tdm
Old 11-05-2007, 05:49 AM   #20
cSELECT

cSELECT1's Gamercard

Most of the achievements are very easy, while some have to be unlocked at a certain spot. Like "Rescue Roycewicz". If your not by the staircase when he gets into a fight then you can't save him from getting killed. and a few others which require being in an exact spot of action to complete

But over all mostly seem simple (most are beating the game on veteran anyways). Well im very happy with the game and how its turned out.. 10 out of 10

Last edited by cSELECT; 11-05-2007 at 03:33 PM.
cSELECT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 11:39 AM   #21
pongsifu

pongsifu's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Gold
I never like multiplayer achievements anyway. Everyone just boosts for them so it isn't really "achieving" anything.

Games Completed: 11

pongsifu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 09:35 PM   #22
xENVxGAMERSKREW

Send a message via ICQ to xENVxGAMERSKREW Send a message via AIM to xENVxGAMERSKREW Send a message via MSN to xENVxGAMERSKREW Send a message via Yahoo to xENVxGAMERSKREW Send a message via Skype™ to xENVxGAMERSKREW

Quote:
Originally Posted by pongsifu View Post
I never like multiplayer achievements anyway. Everyone just boosts for them so it isn't really "achieving" anything.
yeah thats true but for those who get it legit it dont matter you can still boost for sp achievements like crack down i just got it to play h3beta but my friend said just play together ill get u some achievements im like ok... he killed the bosses and got me achievements whitout doing nothing so see there are still boosters for sp same goes for the mp of halo3 4ppl get the achievements even if one does all the work... the only exeption is if it requires you to put in work ie; the points, or headshot honcho etc...
Old 11-06-2007, 01:06 AM   #23
Kaneda86

Kaneda86's Gamercard
The "Over the clouds" Achievement is the hardest thing i ever seen. And I think it is not to be maked!

Save a Hostage in 1min. in a Airplane full of Enimes on the hardest difficulty.

Thats so a Stupid and hard think.ITS IMPOSSIBLE
Kaneda86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 01:51 AM   #24
xENVxGAMERSKREW

well they cant exactly give you an easy 1000/1000 now can they? its COD! for gods sakes cod2 was a bit harsh with the last levels cod3 with the 40k online now this lol
Old 11-06-2007, 09:03 AM   #25
Bob Dole 007

Bob Dole 007's Gamercard
I like the achievements quite a bit. I'm playing through on normal and already have around 230 points. Seems that it is a good mix where a casual gamer can get a good amount of points then be able to challenge themselves with the veteran achievements. I like the lack of online achievements as these are usually pretty cheap (as CoD3 showed with the 10k). One thing that might have been nice is to have the 3 kills in a row with a knife (and similar achievements) be online or single player. However as someone in another thread pointed out it is nice to know that when you play online you won't have to deal with a teammate just trying to knife people for an achievement instead of trying to actually win. Maybe have ranked matches be no achievements so people are more serious? Just food for thought....
Bob Dole 007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 04:23 PM   #26
Hannibal 493

FYC Hannibal's Gamercard
I was a little disappointed that their were no mp achievements, I actually would have been happy with a couple like, win on all maps, win in all types of play and a couple of ranking class, serg. and capt, etc. but game is freaking awesome none the less.

text
Hannibal 493 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 07:06 PM   #27
H20 chaotic xc

Send a message via AIM to H20 chaotic xc Send a message via MSN to H20 chaotic xc

Tr0y City xX's Gamercard
i think the achievements are ok iguess seem pretty easy to do um i think they should have deff made self prone against the wall though during fire fights because i don tthink anyone fighting in the army is going to just stare at the wall thats about it
H20 chaotic xc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 07:51 PM   #28
killthemall4444

killthemall4444's Gamercard
The achievements for COD 4 seem very good and I think no mp is great step in the right direction. People should be playing COD 4 online cause it's a blast not to boost their gamerscore.
killthemall4444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 09:05 PM   #29
OldWIKI TIK

Send a message via AIM to OldWIKI TIK Send a message via MSN to OldWIKI TIK

OldWIKI TIK's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Submit - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by killthemall4444 View Post
The achievements for COD 4 seem very good and I think no mp is great step in the right direction. People should be playing COD 4 online cause it's a blast not to boost their gamerscore.
I agree to a point, a couple online would be good. But not the insane ones like a couple on cod3.
OldWIKI TIK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 03:54 AM   #30
Bulletinmybrain

Got all but the super hard last level(not game over the one after) the intel ones and your show sucks and thats all in 2 days
Bulletinmybrain is offline   Reply With Quote