PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
Subscribe    Donate

Old 11-07-2007, 05:50 AM   #31
cSELECT

cSELECT1's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Is any1 else happy that they arent any online achievement and 100's of unlockables, or is it just me? I hope more games learn from these guys at infinity ward.

Last edited by cSELECT; 11-07-2007 at 05:55 AM.
cSELECT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 05:53 AM   #32
cSELECT

cSELECT1's Gamercard

oops double posted and its not deleting.. soo this is a worthless post.

Last edited by cSELECT; 11-07-2007 at 05:56 AM.
Old 11-07-2007, 05:59 AM   #33
eGs GoReFeSt

eGs GoReFeSt's Gamercard
i think there should be a few achievements for mp do it like halo 3 were its match making so no boosting is abled and they can only be earned in ranked matches but thats my opinion
eGs GoReFeSt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 08:31 AM   #34
Kyton912

Kyton912's Gamercard
ok this is what i have found out about the Your Show Sucks ach b33g33 had a post in a different thread but they asked to move it here
which makes sence but anyways here is his post word for word my internet is being wierd so i had to do it like this
"I just got it and here is what I can confirm:

1) It might be unrelated, but I believe I did destroy one other TV with his message in Blackout. If you are having trouble unlocking it, try to do this first.

2) There are four before the TV station. I believe two are up small flights of stairs(one flight is inside a building and the other is the building on the right you are attacked form with RPG's. Cars are stacked in front of it, and you'll also see the white pickup truck speed away here).

3) There are a lot in the TV building. Just take your time and enter all the rooms from multiple locations(different offices/smashed windows, etc.) I'm obsessive and I checked and rechecked numerous times and still found 2 or 3 I'd missed.

4) Could be Captain Obvious here, but you don't have to actually destroy them yourself. Just wanted to say this because I wondered after I tried and failed a few times.

5) I indeed got it on regular difficulty like an above poster had stated.

6) It unlocks as soon as you shoot the final TV in the final room where Assad is supposed to be. If you don't get it immediately, you need to reload a checkpoint. Good luck!"

but i can confirm u need the tv on blackout its in the very first building of the level but i got every tv on the Charlie Don't Surf level and i couldnt unlock but then when i did it the other way it workd sorry bout the long post but hopfuly this helps u all
Kyton912 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 11:27 AM   #35
pongsifu

pongsifu's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Gold
Beating the epilogue level on veteran is incredibly hard, due to the fact that you have exactly one minute to complete it and with no frag grenades and no checkpoints. I tried it about 50 times and gave up because I was getting very frustrated.

Does anybody know if you have to get 3 knife kills in a row without your teammates killing anybody? I stabbed 3 people in a row without using anything else at least 5 times and didn't get the achievement, while on the other hand I got the 4 headshot in a row achievement completely by accident while spraying into a group with an automatic, shooting from the hip no less.

Games Completed: 11

Last edited by pongsifu; 11-07-2007 at 11:35 AM.
pongsifu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 12:41 PM   #36
nico chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by pongsifu View Post
Beating the epilogue level on veteran is incredibly hard, due to the fact that you have exactly one minute to complete it and with no frag grenades and no checkpoints. I tried it about 50 times and gave up because I was getting very frustrated.
I just did it.....but with infinite ammo slow-mo and a bad year cheat code so no achievement for me... I agree, this level is impossible. Furthermore, at the end you have to kill the guy by doing a head-shot and if you shot in his foot you lose
nico chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 03:18 PM   #37
BlackMoonZombie

These are the achievements that I love, all single-player. I'm not a big multiplayer achievement person. I think it takes away the fun when you are worrying about the achievements, which i do, instead of battling other people. Also most of online achievements are with ranked matches and i donít really play ranked matches because it is usually against random people, because I prefer to play with my friends online. Now just as in Call of Duty 2, I can play online for fun without smashing a controller with a TV (kill 9 people in a row, die, and then kill then 10th from the grave).
BlackMoonZombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 10:56 PM   #38
ArneZ
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by cSELECT View Post
Is any1 else happy that they arent any online achievement and 100's of unlockables, or is it just me? I hope more games learn from these guys at infinity ward.
yeah man, im with you...I never play games online and if i do..then its just to get the achievements But the multiplayer in this game looks so good, so i hope they maybe will add 250G in the future!

and one more thing, if you start the game on veteran can you change to normal along the way if it gets too hard boiled? ;D

Last edited by ArneZ; 11-07-2007 at 11:04 PM.
ArneZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 11:17 PM   #39
Megadroid

Megadroid's Gamercard
Glitchy Swordplay?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pongsifu View Post

Does anybody know if you have to get 3 knife kills in a row without your teammates killing anybody? I stabbed 3 people in a row without using anything else at least 5 times and didn't get the achievement, while on the other hand I got the 4 headshot in a row achievement completely by accident while spraying into a group with an automatic, shooting from the hip no less.
I have the same problem..I shanked like 7 people in a row and i didn't get the achievement...anyone know what the problem is?
Megadroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 12:44 AM   #40
cSELECT

cSELECT1's Gamercard

AI team mate problems?

Well if you're really having a problem with teammates killing you would be stab victims, then just wait until you branch of by your self ,like the story send you alone or with 1 more person.
Odds are if there are 2 of you and you run up to the enemy, you will be able to stab him without your team mate stealing it from you or messing up the streak. Do the easy achievements on recruit and take on the whole game on veteran.
Thats you're best bet IMO.
Old 11-08-2007, 01:46 AM   #41
pongsifu

pongsifu's Gamercard

Well its not so much that they kill the guys I'm trying to stab, they are killing them inbetween my 3 knife kills and I'm not sure if that is effecting it. I guess time inbetween kills is involved.

EDIT: An easy spot to get this achievement is on the first level. Right after you repel down from the helicopter you kill 3 guys on the bridge and then your squad leader kicks in a door, as soon as he does, sprint down the stairs and stab the drunk guy, then stab the two sleeping guys.

Last edited by pongsifu; 11-08-2007 at 12:39 PM.
Old 11-08-2007, 06:41 PM   #42
JesusBread

Mr Arbitrage's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
4 of a kind is an easy one guys. Just do the all ghillied up mission and where you get to the part where you see 4 guys dumping bodies or whatever it is, get their attention. I got it by total accident.
JesusBread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 09:09 PM   #43
fatso1311

unforgiven91's Gamercard
I managed the knifing achievement whilst playing on some SAS mission (you use a stinger missile on a helicopter)

Any way, I think you have to do it quickly, like a triple kill on halo.

For New Squadron Record: *Sprint as much as possible*
If you already did the course once, you will understand what I am about to say.

As soon as the first 3 targets appear hit the left trigger, squeeze of a few rounds, and repeat for the other 2 as fast as possible and sprint to station to (under 4 seconds to kill them and run to stairs is my record)

FYI: intel pieces are the laptops scattered throughout the game for those who don't know.
Go and kill the station 2 target (just hit left trigger and right trigger really quickly)

As soon as you kill station 2, prime a flashbang, toss it (make sure you dont blind yourself) and rush the 2 targets inside station 3

run into station 4 and kill the 2 targets in here and immediately prime a flashbang and toss it into station 5, kill both targets and get the hell out of there.

Remember: Accuracy is key, it subtracts time at the end of the mission, so the more accurate you are, the more time gets taken off.

Fallout 3
Borderlands

Now Playing

Modern Warfare 2
L4d2
Force Unleashed
fatso1311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 12:24 AM   #44
LAGRIFFE2007

LAGRIFFE2007's Gamercard
i just red about the hostage you have to save while in a plane full of enemies and i ll just say " damn it, why does this always happen to me???" and by the way i m glad theres no mp achievements too cause thats a big loss of time for other games achievements, right now i m stuck with the cargo test done within 20 secs achievements you guys will spit fire when you ll try getting it so everyone GOOD LUCK.

Cheating AIs have to admit that they are a pain in the ass!!sometimes xbox live boosting partners TOO!!!
LAGRIFFE2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 03:18 AM   #45
pongsifu

pongsifu's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAGRIFFE2007 View Post
i just red about the hostage you have to save while in a plane full of enemies and i ll just say " damn it, why does this always happen to me???" and by the way i m glad theres no mp achievements too cause thats a big loss of time for other games achievements, right now i m stuck with the cargo test done within 20 secs achievements you guys will spit fire when you ll try getting it so everyone GOOD LUCK.
It is actually not that bad if you only use the machine gun while strafing for the first 3 targets, then use the pistol for the rest so that you get the accuracy bonus. If you are getting mad at that, don't even try the plane level on veteran :P

Old 11-09-2007, 11:10 PM   #46
Gosnork

Gosnork's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAGRIFFE2007 View Post
right now i m stuck with the cargo test done within 20 secs achievements you guys will spit fire when you ll try getting it so everyone GOOD LUCK.
That's the funniest thing I've read in a long time, LOL! If that is giving you problems, just return the game and get your money back.
Gosnork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 11:56 PM   #47
benbam87

s7arscr3am 05's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenBlackthorn View Post
I don't know about any of you other hardcore Call of Duty fans but I was a little disappointed at first to see that the Veteran Achievements were missing from the original achievement list that was posted.

Seeing that they incorporated this (in my opinion) rather prestigious set of achievements back into the game definately made my day. Having completed Call of Duty 2 and Call of Duty 3 on Veteran (and knowing how incredibly difficult this was) I can only imagine that the Call of Duty 4 Veteran Achievements will deliver more of the same type of challenge.

Although somewhat disappointed that there are no multiplayer achievements (the multiplayer is incredibly addicting regardless of this fact) I am happy to see that they are recognizing the dedication that it takes to complete the Veteran difficulty by once again including these achievements.

I can't wait to try and knock this list out.
I can't agree with you more multiplayer has enough rewards in it ie upgrade weapons. So i think this was a great move by the makers and hey there is always downloadable content!

Working On
FORZA 4 (575) - Gears Of War 3 (635) - Dead Island (715) - Portal 2 (875)

Most Proud Completions
Rage (1000) - Call Of Duty 4 (1000) - Oblivion (1250)
benbam87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2007, 05:34 PM   #48
sonicinmobius

sonicinmobius's Gamercard
Is there a way to receive achievements you should have unlocked but didn't? I've found 18 or 19 intel locations, but didn't get the one for finding 15 because I used the ragtime cheat to speed up my progress through one of the missions.
sonicinmobius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2007, 05:38 PM   #49
jorGe62990
Banned User

Send a message via AIM to jorGe62990

jorGe62990's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicinmobius View Post
Is there a way to receive achievements you should have unlocked but didn't? I've found 18 or 19 intel locations, but didn't get the one for finding 15 because I used the ragtime cheat to speed up my progress through one of the missions.
what is a ragtime cheat??
jorGe62990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2007, 05:44 PM   #50
sonicinmobius

sonicinmobius's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by jorGe62990 View Post
what is a ragtime cheat??
It's a cheat you unlock that makes the game play like a really old movie, which takes off the HUD but makes you run a lot faster. I just used it to make the helicopter flight go by faster in Charlie Don't Surf.
sonicinmobius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 04:36 AM   #51
I3laze A 50

I3laze A 50's Gamercard
I just unlocked the full 1000g for this game an hour ago. I have to say the mile high club achievement is ridiculously hard. To anyone trying to unlock the mile high club good luck and u'll eventually get it.
I3laze A 50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 04:42 AM   #52
jorGe62990
Banned User

Send a message via AIM to jorGe62990

jorGe62990's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
lucky you...i have everything except for half of the veteran achievements and the intel achievements...boy was that mile high achievement frustrating
jorGe62990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 08:20 AM   #53
Astalder

Astaldar's Gamercard
I just gotta say, having finally gotten 1000, that I found something worse than all the other missions on Veteran, maybe even the epilogue! Having to do "All In" on Veteran with checkpoints disabled due to a script bug. It took me longer than Mile High! This is a great game, but man, that bug... anyways now I get to table it till post AC and ME anyways. But man... try it sometime, doing Veteran missions without checkpoints. OMG that was awful... let me just CHARGE A TANK without being able to checkpoint.

*kills self*

Had to get it off my chest, thanks for listening!
Astalder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 07:53 PM   #54
bonkd1nk

bonkadink's Gamercard
Anyone have tips on the part on "The Hunted" mission where you have to sneak in the field with the hay rolls, where the guys have flashlights and the Helichopter just passes you before it in the creak, anyone have tips on how to survive once your seen? because I dont get spotted until the last hay, but I cant even run or hide with the Chopter behind me and all the troops just precise on my run to the greenhouse! Any tips would help me.
bonkd1nk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 08:00 PM   #55
zI HURRIC4N3 Iz

G R A 7V G E R's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonkd1nk View Post
Anyone have tips on the part on "The Hunted" mission where you have to sneak in the field with the hay rolls, where the guys have flashlights and the Helichopter just passes you before it in the creak, anyone have tips on how to survive once your seen? because I dont get spotted until the last hay, but I cant even run or hide with the Chopter behind me and all the troops just precise on my run to the greenhouse! Any tips would help me.
Hey, I completed this part today. What I done was took my time, try to follow you're team & only move when they move stay in the crouch position at all times, stay down & keep behind the hay. The way I done it was got too the far right block of hay & just ran for it, then there's a greenhouse to the right where you have to go. Checkpoint reached. Hope that kinda helps.
zI HURRIC4N3 Iz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 09:41 PM   #56
bonkd1nk

bonkadink's Gamercard
Yeah thats exactly what I did and past it! now I'm all the way to the mission "Safehouse" and that is a hard level (can't even get past the church without getting shot dead!). I'm really not looking forward to the level after that one where you run to the Chopter and you have get through all the enemies in a certain time after "Safehouse" mission, not going to be fun :-/
bonkd1nk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 08:50 AM   #57
ni9ht_5ta1k3r

The Gh0sts's Gamercard
I figured that if you wanna get the squadron record achievement that you should use the USP instead of the MP5 mainly because you're not wasting ammo in small bursts rather in a single shot.
ni9ht_5ta1k3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 02:19 PM   #58
zI HURRIC4N3 Iz

G R A 7V G E R's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by ni9ht_5ta1k3r View Post
I figured that if you wanna get the squadron record achievement that you should use the USP instead of the MP5 mainly because you're not wasting ammo in small bursts rather in a single shot.
Try'd to do that today, got about 23 seconds & the accuracy bonus only takes 1 second off
zI HURRIC4N3 Iz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 12:04 AM   #59
RonanN1

Send a message via Yahoo to RonanN1

RonanN1's Gamercard

Can "Mile High Club" be done in slow motion ? i just can't get to that hostage...i have try it on every difficulty..but on veteran... it's the only one i need...

RonanN1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 12:13 AM   #60
Dstrukt

xI Dstrukt Ix's Gamercard
No. Using cheats voids any chance of getting any achievements.

Dstrukt is offline   Reply With Quote