PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooters > Singularity
Subscribe    Donate

Old 06-27-2010, 08:31 AM   #1
queball

rail line end boss

stuck at the end of the rail line , no matter what i do cant beat the creature . whats the best way of dealing with it please
queball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 09:01 AM   #2
TheLegendOf1977

TheLegendOf1977's Gamercard
I used a combination of sniper and minigun. As soon as the fight start and his glowing spots show zoom in and slow time with the sniperrifle, it takes about 3 shots to destroy one spot. When a spot is destroyed quickly switch to the minigun because he will start to come at you up close to try and bite you. Use the minigun to shoot at its mouth, he will stagger and scream giving you time to switch back to the sniper and reload. Now just repeat the proces...
TheLegendOf1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 12:09 PM   #3
steve36ty

Cunaxa's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Upgrade ammo and damage on minigun if you have the points

There's health and ammo at the far end of the rail cart
(go off the edge down a slope)

When it lunges its head forwards shoot the mouth to make it recoil back so it doesn't do that 'chomp chomp chomp' damage attack

When it appears to fall and you go through a cart with mini spiders, that's a checkpoint so your'e almost done
Old 06-28-2010, 10:28 AM   #4
Sh0tgunSquirrel

Send a message via ICQ to Sh0tgunSquirrel

I Mr Scratch I's Gamercard
I used an upgraded damage Machine gun, and just kept moving towards him when he kept slamming his claws down. Speed was also a factor for me, i just made sure i finished off any new glowing spots as quick as they appeared!
Sh0tgunSquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 11:13 AM   #5
zephyr1991

zephyr1991's Gamercard
To beat it, use the autocannon on the glowing spots. Remember to always Dodge his claws. When he comes into bite you, shoot his mouth. After you blow up the glowing spots behind his neck 3 times, that's the end of the first part.

zephyr1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 11:25 AM   #6
Double2Seven

Double2Seven's Gamercard
I had a lot of luck

I passed the 2 parts with just one trace of my energy bar.

Portuguese Soul...
Double2Seven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 01:52 AM   #7
lingenfelser

FUCHI PATAS's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve36ty View Post
Upgrade ammo and damage on minigun if you have the points

When it appears to fall and you go through a cart with mini spiders, that's a checkpoint so your'e almost done
How do you deal with the creature after the initial fight? Pas the part you mentioned when you enter the TMD Device and turn around and only have the TMD to fight it?
It starts far way and moves toward you and as far as I can tell you can only use the TMD device on it? What the hell am I missing? It just gets closer to me and finally bites and kills me every time?

lingenfelser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 06:01 AM   #8
TheLegendOf1977

You need to keep the crosshair on it's head, you'll know your aiming at the right spot when the beam gets wider. If you do it right you'll defeat it once he's halfway towards you...

Last edited by TheLegendOf1977; 07-04-2010 at 06:03 AM.
Old 07-04-2010, 06:37 AM   #9
K A R M A 75

K A R M A 75's Gamercard
This worked the best for me, I got it the first time I tried your suggestion so thank you
K A R M A 75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 10:27 AM   #10
lingenfelser

FUCHI PATAS's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLegendOf1977 View Post
You need to keep the crosshair on it's head, you'll know your aiming at the right spot when the beam gets wider. If you do it right you'll defeat it once he's halfway towards you...
Thanks TheLegendOf1977.
After several tries on my own I figured it out.
Just seemed very unintuitive if you ask me.
I had a similar problem later in the game with a switch and a door that you
needed to Deadlock a certain way.
Finished the game with 26 of Single Player Achievements. Not sure i want to go back an get the rest since there is no level select.

lingenfelser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 10:51 AM   #11
D4Ru73K

Send a message via Skype™ to D4Ru73K

D4Ru73K's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by lingenfelser View Post
Finished the game with 26 of Single Player Achievements. Not sure i want to go back an get the rest since there is no level select.
I've been at this point as well but speed run on easy costs just about 4 hours

D4Ru73K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 04:12 AM   #12
DENAz666

denaz666's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Silver   Donator - Level 1   1,000 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
I had no troubles with this dude, i thought it was kind of easy? Were you guys doing it on hard? cos i imagine that would be a bitch

Aussie Xbox Ambassador & Community Xpert
DENAz666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 04:58 AM   #13
TheLegendOf1977

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENAz666 View Post
I had no troubles with this dude, i thought it was kind of easy? Were you guys doing it on hard? cos i imagine that would be a bitch
I was doing it on hard, nowadays i usually always start my games on the harder difficulty because a lot of games dont take much skill to finish anyway. Plus they are very short aswell.
When i read reviews on gamesites or on x360a and they say this or that game only takes 5 hours to complete, i know they played on the normal difficulty... Singularity took me about 8 hours on hard, could be done in less but i like to explore and read everything i can..
Old 07-05-2010, 07:01 AM   #14
DENAz666

denaz666's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Silver   Donator - Level 1   1,000 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
I was doing it on hard, nowadays i usually always start my games on the harder difficulty because a lot of games dont take much skill to finish anyway. Plus they are very short aswell.
When i read reviews on gamesites or on x360a and they say this or that game only takes 5 hours to complete, i know they played on the normal difficulty... Singularity took me about 8 hours on hard, could be done in less but i like to explore and read everything i can..
Yeah I would too, but i get frustrated too easy, and games like Singularity, where your not sure if it'll actually be good or not, i just tend to stick with normal.

Was it difficult on hard? I can complete most games on hard if it requires skill, but not the kind of skill that requires you to die 100 times before you get the correct path :P

Aussie Xbox Ambassador & Community Xpert
DENAz666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 09:02 AM   #15
Double2Seven

Double2Seven's Gamercard
On hard i found this the most anoying part of the game, i needed about 15/20 tries, in the end i beat it using just the valkyrie after a combination of other guns.

Had no problems at normal , but in hard it can be frustating.

Portuguese Soul...
Old 07-05-2010, 09:34 AM   #16
TheLegendOf1977

I had almost no trouble on Hard difficulty, i had more trouble finding out where the F**K i needed to go next. Except for some bosses it's pretty simple on hard.
Old 07-05-2010, 10:03 AM   #17
Double2Seven

Double2Seven's Gamercard
Quote:
I had almost no trouble on Hard difficulty, i had more trouble finding out where the F**K i needed to go next. Except for some bosses it's pretty simple on hard.
WTF?

what about using the sonar ?(pressing down)

This game is not dificult on hard, this boss can be anoying, but not super dificult.

Portuguese Soul...
Old 07-05-2010, 10:19 AM   #18
TheLegendOf1977

Yeah i totally forgot about the sonar untill almost near the end of the game... I'm usually playing more then 1 game so sometimes the controls or the story are a bit lost on me.
Old 07-29-2010, 05:21 AM   #19
Lord Forbes

Lord Forbes's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
I used a combination of sniper and minigun. As soon as the fight start and his glowing spots show zoom in and slow time with the sniperrifle, it takes about 3 shots to destroy one spot. When a spot is destroyed quickly switch to the minigun because he will start to come at you up close to try and bite you. Use the minigun to shoot at its mouth, he will stagger and scream giving you time to switch back to the sniper and reload. Now just repeat the proces...
Thanks! This combo worked perfect. I was hesitant to drop the assault rifle but this worked great.

Lord Forbes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 09:36 PM   #20
Lord Forbes

Lord Forbes's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Another bit of advice. I turned the sensitivity down a few notches and got it the first time with above mentioned combo. Too high of a sensitivity setting made it hard to stay on target. Hope this helps!

Lord Forbes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 12:02 PM   #21
JohnnyBoosh

Send a message via ICQ to JohnnyBoosh

subject j80's Gamercard
Quote:
Thanks for the advice man. Really helped me out on Hard mode
JohnnyBoosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 01:13 AM   #22
sjmleicester

Send a message via MSN to sjmleicester

Sir Simon Mally's Gamercard
I got him using a upgraded 40 AR9 Valkyrie (Extra damage and larger clip). Found this to be more effective that than the autocannon, both in accuracy and damage done.

Don't forget to shoot the beast in the mouth when it comes round the side to keep it at bay and watch your health and top up regularly.

This was playing on hard.
sjmleicester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 11:48 AM   #23
RazerindemiX

Razer za Lazer's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Quote:
on hard once i tried this it took me 3 goes at it done
Old 08-09-2010, 04:00 PM   #24
SpinelesS

Mr SpinelesS's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
I used the sniper rifle and its time dilation, and the minigun.

I only had to shoot it in its mouth twice (once at start, and once to make it fall from the train)

At the start: (shooting the glowings spots)

Use the minigun, but switch to the sniper rifle if your having trouble hitting one of the spots at all (takes 3 shots on hard)

the claw raking (and possibly the biting, I never got bit after I figured this out) Is its only attack that reaches the end of the platform you start on, but one of its slam attacks pushes the platform back, essentially moving you forward and into its reach, so constantly walk backwards to stay out of its reach.

It only rakes its claw down the right side of the platform, so stick to the left.

If it tries to bite you, shoot it in the mouth.

when it leaves the front of the platform and appears on the sides.
Wait at one end of the platform until you hear a noise, then sprint to the other. repeat that 3 times.

Mop Up:

Once it falls, you will get a save, and a bunch of minispiders will attack you, dispose of them and continue on and when the boss appears shoot its head until it falls off once again.

Continue on until you reach the TMD supercharger. Just like when you repaired the train, keep the crosshairs on the large glowing area, eventually you will kill the boss.

SpinelesS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 10:41 PM   #25
Hyakotake

KenslerDK's Gamercard
Just to clarify a point: When the creature is mid platform and the mouth glows it will chomp 3 times towards you. You don't HAVE to shoot its mouth - you CAN dodge it if you start by strafing to either side, then strafe to the opposite side when it chomps the second time and finally strafe again, then the third chomp will miss you. I used this a couple of times as I was off-aim and didn't have time to realign the mouth shot.
Hyakotake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 07:21 PM   #26
Diskordian

Diskordian's Gamercard
SpinelesS - excellent guide dude helped me get past this boss on hard in a few tries
Diskordian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 09:47 PM   #27
DrManhattan

MrBojangles esq's Gamercard
This game blows. Playing it on hard. Its not even challenging, its cheap. This boss is one shottin me.

UPDATE: Nevermind, Beat it after a few tries. Pretty easy. I just used my upgraded Valkyrie

Last edited by DrManhattan; 09-05-2010 at 09:53 PM.
DrManhattan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 10:40 AM   #28
FetusPuncher91

GluvSideSniper's Gamercard
After a few tries of the Valkyrie and AC, I traded the AC out for the sniper rifle. Worked awesome. Beat it on the second try after I started using that combination.
FetusPuncher91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 08:09 PM   #29
Namaste

Would these tips that you guys gave out also help beat it on Hard?
Namaste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 06:02 PM   #30
sherybr549

how did you have the TMD set up. what is the best attachment. or does it matter.
sherybr549 is offline   Reply With Quote