Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Action > Undertow
Subscribe    Donate

Old 01-25-2008, 03:33 PM   #1
Akamaru_Sensei

Send a message via AIM to Akamaru_Sensei

akamaru sensei's Gamercard
Having Trouble on Ultra? Here are some tips.

Now I know that there is already a description on how to get the achievement. But here are some helpful tips/hints on how I and my friends got it.

-First I would recommend getting familiar with maps; it will help for capturing the points faster. Now you CAN do this by yourself, but it is extremely difficult, mostly to me because your AI seems to run in and get blown away and waste your lives. So I recommend you play with as many as you can (MAX 4), we started out with 2 and ended with 4 and 4 people made it much easier.

-Now what we have seemed to understand is it is better to try and capture at least 2-3 points and hold them and let the AI come to you, and you defend the points. This has seemed to be a good strategy as it cuts down on us rushing in and getting blasted by the enemy in a big cluster tears down your lives and also makes it possible for you to lose your position and the enemy capture your point and possible lead to running out of spawn points. Now if you have a strong hold on 4 points, I do recommend trying and going for a shutout, but just remember if you all die and some of the enemies sneak by if could mean they could take your base, so just be careful and tactful when you try this.

-Try not to miss any the powerups as you go, they will be extremely helpful lifesavers. Also as you start to gain levels for your type of unit, we have found it helpful to not upgrade until you are in a fire fight and are about to die, because you can upgrade and refill all your health and save your life and in time giving you that extra amount to drive the enemy back.

-Now for the final mission, our team tried effortlessly, but as the night drew to an end, we started to lose some of our key members and were starting to die a lot and restart a lot, since you all share the same amount of lives. Now this might sound crazy BUT we actually found it way easier to do this mission by yourself! The key here is, the fact that you have 50 lives all yourself! Just take your time and blast your way to the next to last check point, right before the boss, fight the boss and BEFORE you go down into the space ship for the last capture point. Notice to your left, there is a shield boost, grab that and swim straight up and get the extra damage one as well, now once you grab that swim back down and hug the left wall, there is actually a small secret route into the space shit, were there is an extra powerup for more death charges, grab that and hold the "X" button and turbo your way down to the shaft right before the drop into the capture point, now right here the enemy will start shooting you more than likely before you can even see them. This is where the trick is, grab one of the 2 shield bonuses again before you attempt this, they are right above you, swim in there and try and drop your 5 death charges as fast as you can, and if you get them just right you will destroy those enemies, if not all of them, and you will respawn, if you die trying, and swim back as fast as you can and you can usually get back there BEFORE they respawn, since you are doing it by yourself, since we noticed this to be on Ultra by ourselves, the spawn rates were slower. Capture that point, and you will be good to go for your achievement!

If you have any other questions, feel free to drop me a message. Also thanks to III Vesper III for helping complete the game and come up with these thoughtful hints!

Last edited by Akamaru_Sensei; 01-25-2008 at 03:35 PM.
Akamaru_Sensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 04:00 PM   #2
sdito

Thnx a lot.. it will help i think so.. :P

sdito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 05:41 PM   #3
GoFFe

Send a message via AIM to GoFFe Send a message via MSN to GoFFe Send a message via Yahoo to GoFFe

UnLeasHeD SWE's Gamercard
About the last mission. I figured out a great strategy myself for the first 4 control points and the boss, but the 5th control point was a pain in the ass. Thanks a lot to the depth charge tip. Really helped mate

GoFFe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 12:27 AM   #4
UkMemo123

UkMemo123's Gamercard
Im Struggling On the Second Level I Just Keep Losing All My Team Before I Can even Get As Far As The Last Point
UkMemo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 10:18 AM   #5
MapleMire

Send a message via AIM to MapleMire

MapleMire's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
thanks man
Old 01-27-2008, 01:19 PM   #6
Adam Miller

Send a message via MSN to Adam Miller

Adam Miller's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Referrals - Bronze   2,500 Posts   x360a Book Club   Member of the Month   A+ Thread Award   Submit - Silver   Word of Mouth   NBA Live 1000 People Online Supporter
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akamaru_Sensei View Post
there is actually a small secret route into the space shit, were there is an extra powerup for more death charges,
Thanks ill try that secret route into the space shit later.
Adam Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 08:38 PM   #7
Lukhuta

Lukhuta's Gamercard
Hey Akamaru Sensei, I hope you won't be mad at me if I use your post to share my advices? Well anyway, here are my pieces of advice:

-Always keep a finger on LB, so it is easier to see the enemies to aim.
-Rushing with X can be really useful at the beginning of a match or even when an enemy is trying to steal one of your point.
-When you upgrade a class, if it is the one you're currently using, it will heal you to the max. Wait until you only have the half of your health bar in the middle of enemies to quickly upgrade so you'll be 100% health and ready to kick butts
-For the 10K kills, my favourite map was Act2's lvl Trench: just get the two points at each side of the trench, then wait for the enemies to come out of the last point.

Hope it'll help! and again, sorry to parasite your post Akamaru Sensei! (Nice tips btw!)

Last edited by Lukhuta; 01-27-2008 at 08:48 PM.
Lukhuta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 09:54 PM   #8
Akamaru_Sensei

Send a message via AIM to Akamaru_Sensei

akamaru sensei's Gamercard
ha its all good, all i want is to help everyone get their achivements . So feel free to drop anymore advise! If anyone has any questions, just feel free to drop me a line online!
Akamaru_Sensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 11:43 PM   #9
Lukhuta

Lukhuta's Gamercard
Well I just remember of something, to beat Nemo during act 2 in his Nautilus:

I guess you noticed your weapons were almost useless against him? It's just because you have to destroy his mines (big yellow mines) when its close to him. The best way to make him drop his bombs is going far from him (move away from him so you won't be able to see him on screen), then come back: he should be dropping mines.

Voila!

Old 01-29-2008, 01:55 PM   #10
sjanuary99

sjanuary99's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Word of Mouth
you forgot about the nuke. there is a bomb on one of the levels, i think its in act 3, and it is a nuclear bomb that goes up and kills everyone.
Old 01-29-2008, 02:20 PM   #11
Lukhuta

Lukhuta's Gamercard
Yeah i didnt talk about that because i forgot the name of the lvl... The best way to use this btw is to rush all the points so the enemy cannot respawn, then activate the nuke (well activating the nuke when there's only 2 enemy points for instance). That way, all the remaining/hiding enemies will be destroyed and you'll earn extermination ranking.

(I hope this is clear, I'm so tired I'm not sure my english is correct =p)

Old 01-30-2008, 07:54 PM   #12
ezekiel 08

ezekiel 08's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Submit - Gold   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukhuta View Post
Yeah i didnt talk about that because i forgot the name of the lvl...
It's Act 3; Level 2: Riptide.

Great tips by the way, I'll use them when I finally find some people from Australia to play it with.

Completed Games [125] | Gamerscore Completion Rate [90.74%]

* retired gamerscore whore *
ezekiel 08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 04:59 AM   #13
Bear 078

Bear 078's Gamercard
This might sound crazy... but last time I played co-op we could only have 2 people (could not invite others)... is there something you have to do to have up to 4?
Old 02-02-2008, 06:54 PM   #14
killerharu45

Send a message via AIM to killerharu45

II Giffy II's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Word of Mouth   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
great thread. Helps a bunch by myself

Finish to Raise Completion %
Resident Evil 5: 1105/1400
GOW: 1020/1250
GOW 2: 1450/1750
Geometry Wars: 170/200

Percentage: 71580/91570 = 78.1%

killerharu45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 10:45 PM   #15
judagrmn

TheSativaCyborg's Gamercard
this game is kinda hard on ultra even with another person. I played with a guy earlier from england and the connection was good up until the last 2 parts of act 3. The shit got so laggy I couldn't even open up my xbox guide menu without a 2-3 second delay...By the time I sent the host a message, he had already beat the level lol.

30K - March 7, 2010
judagrmn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 12:51 PM   #16
sdito

Thnx.. gonna try these tips on the last level, act 3!!..

sdito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 06:04 AM   #17
Toby9982

Toby9982's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Thanks,
this will help alot
Toby9982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 06:48 AM   #18
neb86

neb86's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Me and a buddy just beat it on Ultra tonight. The last level in the third act is awful. We got raped but for some reason it seemed to get easier the second time through, not just because we knew the level but it felt like the whole thing had gone down a difficulty on us. We beat it with half our lives left and the first time it seemed utterly impossible. Maybe it was just a fluke.
neb86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 07:46 PM   #19
shadowmate

SHADOWMATE's Gamercard
THIS WAS ONE OF THE BEST GUIDES I HAVE SEEN! X L ENT.
shadowmate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 04:18 AM   #20
projectXb0X

How do you get 4 people on XBL co-op?
or does it have to be on the same console co-op? does anyone know?

Because me and my partner are stuck on Act 2: Glacier. Has anyone got any tips, i really do need the help.

Last edited by projectXb0X; 04-16-2009 at 04:21 AM. Reason: missed somthing
projectXb0X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 02:32 AM   #21
Bringin SXC bak

Bringin SXC bak's Gamercard
I like how you said "space shit"
123,456 Gamerscore unlocked at 12:34:56am on 7/8/9

People that write guides without a roadmap... Why do you even exist?! Write a damn roadmap!!!
Bringin SXC bak is offline   Reply With Quote