Subscribe    Donate

Old 09-01-2010, 08:02 AM   #1
B1GM13

B1GM13's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Bright Idea
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Want Walking Dead Season 2?

Quote:
The first season doesn't air on AMC until Halloween, but Darabont revealed to Fangoria magazine that a second season is now official. (In short: Christmas has come early for fans of good things.)

According to ComicBookMovie.com, the second season will begin shooting February 2011 and will have a 13-episode run, more than double the first season's six-episode arc. Producer Gale Anne Hurd confirmed that the series will expand to a set 13-episode season from here on out.

Michonne's coming to Walking Dead Season 2. That's a good thing.
Darabont, who wrote and directed the pilot, spoke of his plans to introduce fan favorite Michonne early on in the second season's run. He would also like to include some of the "environmental elements" that take place during Volume 2 of Kirkman's book.

"It would be great not just to get out of the heat, but to present a different idea to the audience visually and tonally by having it be winter," Darabont said. "There's some really cool stuff that Kirkman did, where they find the one zombie that's frozen to the ground. I'd never seen that before and that's really cool." (Does that mean Rick and his people are going to the prison?)

As for his plans to make ninja-sword weilding Michonne a live-action character, Darabont made it clear that she was a priority during the show's panel at Comic-Con 2010. However the series introduces her, Darabont implies that her entrance will be nothing short of iconic.

"...Boy, is she a character I can't wait to get to when she comes striding out of the wasteland like a Clint Eastwood f!@#ing spaghetti western character cross-melded with some samurai movie, like the Baby Cart character with the f!@#ing sword, and there's just a little drift of snow in the air. I would love to put that on film."

Season One of Walking Dead airs October 31 at 10 p.m. on AMC.
Source - IGN.com
B1GM13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 04:41 PM   #2
SSJ3

Send a message via MSN to SSJ3

i7z JaMiiEx's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
If the first season is good then this is awesome news!

Retail 100% Completed
Mafia II
| Kane & Lynch 2 | LOST | Halo Reach | WWE Legends | Dead Rising 2
Arcade 100% Completed
Dead Rising 2: Case Zero
| New Rally X | Galaga | DIG DUG

SSJ3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 05:17 AM   #3
SynysterChris

Send a message via MSN to SynysterChris

SynysterChris's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSJ3 View Post
If the first season is good then this is awesome news!
Agreed. Though I don't think the show will be bad, but then again I have been wrong before. Here is looking at you The Last Air bender movie

I just think the show will take a different turn than its comic counter part will probably be less brutal content and adult themes. But keep the dark tone and feeling of despair. Really the real only complaint I have is Rick the guy doesn't look like Rick to me. Though I could forgive that if he does the character justice.
Old 09-06-2010, 02:27 PM   #4
X Nightmare X

X Nightmar3 X's Gamercard
Hopefully this show is worth the wait.
X Nightmare X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 02:14 AM   #5
KPD7424

Neeners Cleedus's Gamercard
It has proven to be worthy so far.
Old 11-15-2010, 02:39 AM   #6
tehapoc

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Quote:
Originally Posted by SynysterChris View Post
but then again I have been wrong before. Here is looking at you The Last Air bender movie
You clearly haven't watched an M. Night Shyamalan movie before.

They would have to go a lot further North than Atlanta if they want to see zombies frozen to the ground.

Last edited by tehapoc; 11-15-2010 at 02:44 AM.
tehapoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 06:05 AM   #7
TVthePunisher

Send a message via AIM to TVthePunisher Send a message via MSN to TVthePunisher Send a message via Yahoo to TVthePunisher Send a message via Skype™ to TVthePunisher

TVthePunisher's Gamercard

Awards Showcase House of Horrors Challenge Club - Tier 1   Gotta Go Fast! Franchise Club - Tier 1   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Subscriber - Bronze   Genre Competition - Second Place   Arcade Crazy - Silver   Donator - Level 1   2,500 Posts   Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)
Then what are they doing with Tyrese? Or is that one guy supposed to be him? Bah...he's no Tyrese...
TVthePunisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 06:11 AM   #8
Genesis x360a

Schluballybub's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Staff Club - Minty   Over Achiever - Gold   Road Map - Gold   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Call of Duty 4 Subscribers Tourn. - First Place   Submit - Bronze   Call of Duty: WaW Subscribers Tourn. - First Place   Subscriber Uno - Third Place   Donator - Level 1   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 11 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVthePunisher View Post
Then what are they doing with Tyrese? Or is that one guy supposed to be him? Bah...he's no Tyrese...
Tyrese hasn't been introduced yet (I havn't seen the 3rd episode yet) So there plenty of time to introduce with 3 episodes left. Hopefully they dont differ to much from the Comics. They've done it a few times already (Espically in episode 2) which i wasn't too happy about. Imo if you make a TV show derived from a Comic or Book then it should follow closely if not exactly.

Genesis x360a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 10:53 AM   #9
SynysterChris

Send a message via MSN to SynysterChris

SynysterChris's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genesis x360a View Post
Tyrese hasn't been introduced yet (I havn't seen the 3rd episode yet) So there plenty of time to introduce with 3 episodes left. Hopefully they dont differ to much from the Comics. They've done it a few times already (Espically in episode 2) which i wasn't too happy about. Imo if you make a TV show derived from a Comic or Book then it should follow closely if not exactly.
For the love of God thank you, Finally someone who agrees with my views on making a TV show derived from a comic or Book. Thank you at least there are some more of us out there.

And whats up with Carol, Sophia mom. In the comic she was suppose to be about the same age as Lori if I'm not mistaken. And there were suppose to be somethings going on with her that lead on with that story plot. Don't want to spoil it but ya, I say there goes that story line.

Also it seems they left out the little boy twins and their parents so that's going to mess up things down the road. Though I guess it wouldn't be so bad if they added them a bit later.

Though the 3rd episode, where Rick finally get back to Carl and Lori was way worth it. I really thought that scene was awesome.

Also I see they are setting up Shane to take his untimely demise. I just hope they keep it the same as the comic.
Old 11-15-2010, 04:27 PM   #10
Gorjira

Gorjira's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Totally hooked on this TV show now. I cannot wait to get more! Each episode is very well done, and I'm glad they're taking it further.
Old 11-16-2010, 08:13 AM   #11
TVthePunisher

Send a message via AIM to TVthePunisher Send a message via MSN to TVthePunisher Send a message via Yahoo to TVthePunisher Send a message via Skype™ to TVthePunisher

Awards Showcase House of Horrors Challenge Club - Tier 1   Gotta Go Fast! Franchise Club - Tier 1   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Subscriber - Bronze   Genre Competition - Second Place   Arcade Crazy - Silver   Donator - Level 1   2,500 Posts   Over Achiever - Bronze
Quote:
Originally Posted by SynysterChris View Post
For the love of God thank you, Finally someone who agrees with my views on making a TV show derived from a comic or Book. Thank you at least there are some more of us out there.

And whats up with Carol, Sophia mom. In the comic she was suppose to be about the same age as Lori if I'm not mistaken. And there were suppose to be somethings going on with her that lead on with that story plot. Don't want to spoil it but ya, I say there goes that story line.

Also it seems they left out the little boy twins and their parents so that's going to mess up things down the road. Though I guess it wouldn't be so bad if they added them a bit later.

Though the 3rd episode, where Rick finally get back to Carl and Lori was way worth it. I really thought that scene was awesome.

Also I see they are setting up Shane to take his untimely demise. I just hope they keep it the same as the comic.
I'm removing my previous post. Here's something I found, an interview with Kirkman...and not all hope is lost!

http://comics.ign.com/articles/113/1134168p1.html

Quote:
IGN Comics: First off, just wanted to say "Congratulations" on a Season 2 pick-up!

Robert Kirkman
: Wait, what? [laughs] Just kidding. Thank you very much.

IGN: I know it's a bit early to talk about it, but I assume you all have a plan for Season 2.

Kirkman: Oh yeah. There was always a plan to continue it adapting the comic books so we were always hoping for a Season 2 and we're very prepared for it. I think when people see episode six they'll definitely know that it was always part of the plan.

IGN: On this past episode, "Tell It to the Frogs," Rick finally arrived at the RV camp and we got to spend more screen time with some of the characters from your books as well as meet some new characters. What was it like for you to revisit that camp?

Kirkman: Yeah, that episode is where, I feel, it all starts to come together and starts feeling like the comic book for me. Just because the first few issues of the comic are so far back in my rear view mirror that it was weird seeing it be just Rick for so long. But having him arrive at that camp, and seeing Dale and Amy and Carol and all these other people finally being brought into the show – it's really kind of awesome. And I'm glad that people love the show so much already, but I think that after the third episode, people will be like "Oh my god! I didn't think it could get any better." The whole cast comes together. And I have to say that Chandler Riggs, who plays young Carl, is an amazing actor. And the stuff that he does in the reunion scenes with Rick is great. Sarah Wayne Callies is great too, but she's an adult so she should be. But with Carl, it really came together nicely and I couldn't be happier.

- AMC
IGN: Now there are a few changes to some of the characters. Shane's become more of a creep, having straight-up lied to Lori about Rick. And Carol not only looks different from how she looked in the books, but we also get to see her husband. What's it like to see the characters you created change to fit another medium?

Kirkman: I think the changes, to me, are welcome. Just because Carol had a husband in the comic series, but he was only mentioned, never shown. And I think bringing him into the television series and knowing him and expanding on their story is a good thing. And I've said this before but, I don't want the comic fans to be bored watching this series. And I think that people fear change, but every now and then fans of the comic series might not like one or two of the things that are done on the series, but I swear if things weren't changed up a bit you'd just sit there and go "Well, five minutes has clicked by, why isn't that guy dead yet? Oh, there he goes. He's dead." It would be completely boring, and that's something I want to avoid above all else. And so I think that the little changes are good and people have to understand that the show is not the comic book and that they exist separately. I love it.

IGN: There's a couple in the camp, Morales and Miranda, and they have two kids. Are they supposed to be surrogates for Donna and Allen and the twins, or is it just a coincidence?

Kirkman: You know, I don't think that they were necessarily intended to be surrogates, but I think that taking the seventh white family that I had in the comic book and turning them into a Hispanic family is good. I wish I had thought of that. But they were never really intended to replace the other characters, but Frank [Darabont] wanted to flavor in some new characters with different things going on. And you know, there are characters like IronE Singletons' "T-Dog" character who, you know, might as well be Tyreese. I mean he's a vastly different character but he does fill that leadership role. He's a strong character. He does have a leadership thing going, like what Tyreese had with Rick. They even butted heads over some things. So there are characters like that in there but there never really was any intention to try to take out characters and then replace them with people just like them.

IGN: This episode was fairly zombie-light. Do you think that the fact that this show focuses so much more on the people is what's drawing in new eyes? People who may never have watched a "zombie" show before?

Kirkman: I think that's the best part of the series. That it focuses on the people and it's not always about the zombies. It's not always about the gore. It's almost a shame because Greg Nicotero and KNB do such an amazing job on the zombies, but I think that "Tell It to the Frogs" was a perfect representation of the series in that it focuses on the characters and that it mostly shows the cast dealing with various problems like Merle being left on the roof and the great Daryl Dixon, played by Norman Reedus, coming in and causing problems. But there's still that awesome zombie eating the deer. So that element is still there. I love the thought that people could be watching that show and kind of forget that there are zombies.

Last edited by TVthePunisher; 11-16-2010 at 08:29 AM.
Old 11-16-2010, 06:47 PM   #12
Adas life

Adas lost life's Gamercard
So far I am in love with the series. I haven't read the comic yet, but it is officially on my list. Every week so far I am waiting with anticipation for the next episode to air, for me that is a successful series and I can't wait for the next season.
Adas life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 06:22 AM   #13
Mesima

Mesima's Gamercard
I recently discovered this show with some friends and the ladyfriend and have been hooked. Its kind of predictable but it's based off zombies so it's expected. I like it so far and glad to hear there will be a second season!
Mesima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 11:57 PM   #14
exo-apollo

exo apollo's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Oh AMC you give Walking Dead a second season but cancel Rubicon? God damn you idiotic viewing public who cant handle a brilliant, slow tension building show. You will end up regretting this just like Firefly, you always do. No offense to the Walking dead, it's really good too, but Rubicon was FUCKING GENIUS.

Last.fm
Soundcloud

"If I became a philosopher, if I have so keenly sought this fame for which I'm still waiting, it's all been to seduce women basically." - Jean-Paul Sartre
exo-apollo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 12:08 AM   #15
tehapoc

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Quote:
Originally Posted by exo-apollo View Post
Oh AMC you give Walking Dead a second season but cancel Rubicon? God damn you idiotic viewing public who cant handle a brilliant, slow tension building show. You will end up regretting this just like Firefly, you always do. No offense to the Walking dead, it's really good too, but Rubicon was FUCKING GENIUS.
I enjoyed Rubicon and was sad to hear that it got canceled. I'm somewhat starting to sour a little bit on 'The Walking Dead'. Not sure why. Might pass on watching the second season.
Old 11-24-2010, 05:53 AM   #16
roflkatz

A7X 77777777777's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by synysterchris View Post
for the love of god thank you, finally someone who agrees with my views on making a tv show derived from a comic or book. Thank you at least there are some more of us out there.

And whats up with carol, sophia mom. In the comic she was suppose to be about the same age as lori if i'm not mistaken. And there were suppose to be somethings going on with her that lead on with that story plot. Don't want to spoil it but ya, i say there goes that story line.

Also it seems they left out the little boy twins and their parents so that's going to mess up things down the road. Though i guess it wouldn't be so bad if they added them a bit later.

Though the 3rd episode, where rick finally get back to carl and lori was way worth it. I really thought that scene was awesome.

also i see they are setting up shane to take his untimely demise. I just hope they keep it the same as the comic.
what happens with shane tell me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
roflkatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 10:12 AM   #17
TVthePunisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by roflkatz View Post
what happens with shane tell me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I will:

Spoiler! (click here to reveal)
Old 11-28-2010, 08:12 AM   #18
texameradian

texameradian's Gamercard
I am excited that there's going to be a second season of The Walking Dead. I think it's healthy that they've taken a different approach and stories then the graphic novel series. It would get boring if that's the case for the diehard fans of the series.

"Iron Man is such a hero. Especially when I'm playing him because I'm such a score whore." -- Capn Doug
texameradian is offline   Reply With Quote