PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > BioShock 2 > Minerva's Den
Subscribe    Donate

Old 09-02-2010, 02:09 AM   #1
BlindGuardian21

glorious battle's Gamercard
Angry All of my Minerva's Den Achievements are GONE! WTF?!

I just signed on to Xbox Live tonight after beating Minerva's Den yesterday and got all of the Achievements, but after just signing on they're COMPLETELY GONE. It shows I 100% Bioshock 2 and that they're 60 Achievements.
MOTHER. FUCKER.
BlindGuardian21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 02:24 AM   #2
Son of Kyuss
Too many vidya gaems

Son of Kyuss's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Subscriber - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
The achievements are glitched.

Son of Kyuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 02:29 AM   #3
BlindGuardian21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Kyuss View Post
The achievements are glitched.
Really? No shit sherlock. (<-Asshole.)

Last edited by BlindGuardian21; 09-02-2010 at 03:43 AM. Reason: Because that was just dick, GB.
Old 09-02-2010, 02:33 AM   #4
Stoney Twist

stoney twist's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindGuardian21 View Post
Really? No shit sherlock.
I'm unhappy that they are glitched as well, however no need to be rude to Kyuss, who was just letting you know that we all are having the same problem with this DLC.
Stoney Twist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 02:35 AM   #5
DOOKH8R

DOOKH8R's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Over Achiever - Bronze   Staff Club - Minty   2,500 Posts   Donator - Level 4   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
Quote:
Gee, since you are so nice, I'm sure we will all be lining up to help you and offer advice.
Old 09-02-2010, 02:53 AM   #6
Son of Kyuss
Too many vidya gaems

Son of Kyuss's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Subscriber - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze   1,000 Posts
Quote:

If you had taken the time to actually look around the topics about Minerva's Den in this section of the forum, you would notice that the achievements aren't on Xbox.com.

There's no need to bite my head off just because you're frustrated. Everyone who wants to play this DLC, including me, is frustrated about the achievements.

Old 09-02-2010, 03:03 AM   #7
StaticVito

StaticVito's Gamercard
Quote:
...after beating Minerva's Den yesterday and got all of the Achievements, but after just signing on they're COMPLETELY GONE...
Same thing happened to me... Are the pictures still there in the achievement progress on the dash? Mine are, but there's no G.S. added. This topic is already being discussed on this board, and what I found out is that It's propbably Microsoft's mistake not updating their servers. It sucks but at least the DLC is fun... I don't mind playing through it again when it's fixed.
Quote:
Wow, what a dick move.
Old 09-02-2010, 03:15 AM   #8
RomeoxJ

Snow1337's Gamercard
Quote:
Class A dick right there folks!

Come back when you get some money, BUDDY!
RomeoxJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 03:17 AM   #9
BlindGuardian21

Unhappy

:Sigh: I'm sorry Kyuss. I was just angry and bit your head off. I know they are glitched, I read all the forums, AFTER I beat it. I spent all day yesterday beating Minerva's Den and had earned all of the Achievements. I didn't even care that they didn't add to my gamerscore, but I HAD them. They were there and now they're all gone. Microsoft wiped them from my list.
Old 09-02-2010, 03:26 AM   #10
Son of Kyuss
Too many vidya gaems

Son of Kyuss's Gamercard

Quote:
:Sigh: I'm sorry Kyuss. I was just angry and bit your head off. I know they are glitched, I read all the forums, AFTER I beat it. I spent all day yesterday beating Minerva's Den and had earned all of the Achievements. I didn't even care that they didn't add to my gamerscore, but I HAD them. They were there and now they're all gone. Microsoft wiped them from my list.
It's all good, my friend.

The reason why it would be 'wiped' is because of the fact that when connected to Xbox Live, it uses the servers from xbox.com to relay info about achievements. When the achievements don't exist on the server since they haven't been added yet, the console responds by thinking it is not there despite you earning them.

Old 09-02-2010, 03:40 AM   #11
BlindGuardian21

Unhappy

I also apologize to the community who unanimously and rightly think that was a dick thing to say.

Anyway, Kyuss, I've never lost achievements before maybe you can help me, if you want to if not I understand too. When I signed on it showed them still, but they were locked like I never earned them. In my panic I recovered my gamertag (which I'm sure I'll regret) and now it doesn't show them at all. Did I just screw myself over from them being unlocked once they fix it?
Old 09-02-2010, 03:52 AM   #12
Son of Kyuss
Too many vidya gaems

Son of Kyuss's Gamercard

Quote:
I also apologize to the community who unanimously and rightly think that was a dick thing to say.

Anyway, Kyuss, I've never lost achievements before maybe you can help me, if you want to if not I understand too. When I signed on it showed them still, but they were locked like I never earned them. In my panic I recovered my gamertag (which I'm sure I'll regret) and now it doesn't show them at all. Did I just screw myself over from them being unlocked once they fix it?
Actually, you're in luck. When the achievements finally do show up on xbox.com, people who unlocked the achievements before they appeared have to recover their gamertag to erase the achievements. Once that's done then you can go back and unlock them properly.

Old 09-02-2010, 07:58 AM   #13
lifeexpectancy

LifeExpectancy's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
achieves are on xbox.com now, good gaming everyone! I'm glad cause i need a break from trying to get a royal flush in world series of poker.
HALO:MCC >>>>>>> Interested in Online Customs, Squadmates for Ranked, and Co-Op Campaign. I am on 6am-4pm GMT on my nights off (Midnight-10am US Central). If you add me do it on XB1 please; my 360 friends list is nearly full.
lifeexpectancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 08:50 AM   #14
eraserhead

SiC Nass's Gamercard
i didn't play much with the new DLC (looked awesome btw) but managed to unlock one or two cheevos.
obviously they didn't register, and i recovered my GT today.
everything cool with it, except for the fact that i don't have dante's inferno in my 100% list anymore, because the DLC cheevos were added to my profile without ever buying them.
why? is there a way i can fix this thing?
eraserhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 11:30 AM   #15
Park Diesel

park diesel's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by eraserhead View Post
i didn't play much with the new DLC (looked awesome btw) but managed to unlock one or two cheevos.
obviously they didn't register, and i recovered my GT today.
everything cool with it, except for the fact that i don't have dante's inferno in my 100% list anymore, because the DLC cheevos were added to my profile without ever buying them.
why? is there a way i can fix this thing?
It might have showed Dante's Inferno to you on your list as 100% complete with no DLC, but anyone who looks at your card (or if you had looked at your card before on X-Box.com) would see the DLC anyway. If you had put Dante's Inferno in your disc drive at any point, it would have then counted the DLC against you too.

Example. I have 1250 in Bioshock 2 right now without playing the new DLC. On my list, it shows it as 100%. If you look at my card, it will show 1250 of 1400. If I decide to play Bioshock 2 multiplayer today (I would't dare, just an example) even without buying the new DLC, my list would change.

Bottom line: Whether you buy DLC or not, it is counted against you by Microsoft and every gaming website. This is why completionists tend to grow tired of a lot of DLC.

Park Diesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 01:30 PM   #16
XBOX ISAAC82

XBOX ISAAC82's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Subscriber - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze   A+ Thread Award   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Park Diesel View Post
It might have showed Dante's Inferno to you on your list as 100% complete with no DLC, but anyone who looks at your card (or if you had looked at your card before on X-Box.com) would see the DLC anyway. If you had put Dante's Inferno in your disc drive at any point, it would have then counted the DLC against you too.

Example. I have 1250 in Bioshock 2 right now without playing the new DLC. On my list, it shows it as 100%. If you look at my card, it will show 1250 of 1400. If I decide to play Bioshock 2 multiplayer today (I would't dare, just an example) even without buying the new DLC, my list would change.

Bottom line: Whether you buy DLC or not, it is counted against you by Microsoft and every gaming website. This is why completionists tend to grow tired of a lot of DLC.
I raised this in another forum. It makes me absolutely sick to see my completed games drop by as much as 3-4 games over the space of a month or so just because some new DLC has come out. It's far too expensive and time consuming to keep up with all this stuff especially when some games end up costing at least 50% of their retail value just to buy the damn DLC. Don't get me wrong we all like extra content for our games but it seems your penalised by MS just for not buying a games DLC. 1000/1000 and 200/200 should be 100% if you don't own any DLC. Sort it out Microsoft. Rant over!

Friend Requests will likely be ignored unless you MESSAGE
ME FIRST
as I a have full friends list already.

XBOX ISAAC82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 03:24 PM   #17
eraserhead

SiC Nass's Gamercard
i sold the game after completing it... that may be the case. oh well, this is a blatant and sad strategy to make you buy the dlc, but i didn't like the game enough to spend any more money on it. i can live without that. sorry y'all for the noob question.
eraserhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 06:27 PM   #18
BlindGuardian21

So apparently now you can unlock them, but the tiles aren't showing it's just the locked picture.

This Minerva's Den Achievement Fail-Train keeps on rollin'. WOO! WOO!
Old 09-02-2010, 07:03 PM   #19
StaticVito

StaticVito's Gamercard
I'm totally screwed! More than half of my Gamerscore are from offline achievements, so there's no way I'm recovering my gamertag to 100% 1 game, and possibly lose about 15 other 100% games that I don't even have anymore. I had no idea offline achievements couldn't be recovered, untill I looked it up on xbox.com yesturday.
>> Xbox servers
Old 09-04-2010, 11:53 PM   #20
Zaku77

Send a message via MSN to Zaku77

Zaku777's Gamercard
Just connect to live. That will update your live account. THEN re-download. simple as that.

Zaku77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 06:48 PM   #21
KajolThappar

Akmol kahn's Gamercard
I say that you have great while shopping "ChinaBuye" ,It makes me absolutely sick to see my completed games drop by as much as 3-4 games over the space of a month or so just because some new DLC has come out.
KajolThappar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 08:33 PM   #22
Tained sainity

ShadowEpyon10's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by KajolThappar View Post
It makes me absolutely sick to see my completed games drop by as much as 3-4 games over the space of a month or so just because some new DLC has come out.
Times like these where you have got to love the trophy system get the orginal disc trophies and then you get a platinum trophy and all over trophies are just sort of optional sure your percentage goes down but only because more has to be earned.
Tained sainity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 12:56 AM   #23
TheBarry

TheBarrY151's Gamercard
Quote:
I just signed on to Xbox Live tonight after beating Minerva's Den yesterday and got all of the Achievements, but after just signing on they're COMPLETELY GONE. It shows I 100% Bioshock 2 and that they're 60 Achievements.
MOTHER. FUCKER.
that sucks bro, i find this happens alot nowadays, i suggest u do what i do, wait a week or two after the dlc has come out and check the forums before purchasing
TheBarry is offline   Reply With Quote