PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Crackdown 2 > Toy Box
Subscribe    Donate

Old 09-02-2010, 08:40 PM   #1
Blobby404

Send a message via MSN to Blobby404

Blobby404's Gamercard
My opinions but what does everybodyelse think of toy box?

Downloading the free version bags you:
Keys to the city which lets you spawn any vehicle weapon and most items such as phone boxes and beach balls and also allows extra things like melee weapons so you can use pick axes and giant clubs, dumbells etc. You can also spawn enemies and civilians.

Thruster boots for lvl 6 agents which allow you to fly vertically fast.

Mag grenades can now stick to people and freaks.

The fly cam allows you to look round the city in a first person cam and you can drop your agent off anywhere. But you cannot spawn things in fly cam.

Using points will allow you to purchase the rest of the package which contains 2 new vehicles a new helicopter and a tank which can jump, is fast and can stick to walls there are a new selection of grenades the thrusters can be used in the grenade slot for those who have not reached lvl 6 one of the "grenades" is a portable jump pad like those seen in freak lairs the other grenade is a little bouncing ball which releases grenades as it bouces a new weapon is also included which basically acts like a gravity gun new skins are also avaliable for your agent.

So is it worth buying? Well no the gravity gun like weapon is not as fun as it sounds and even though the mini launch pads are nice its not worth the points the new chopper is nice and chunky but is not too different from any other flight vehicle in the game the thrusters are useless once you reach lvl 6 too as you get them free then. The other vehicle is cool but isnt amazing. All the best bits of toy box are free which is really cool. The mag bombs can now stick to freaks and people which you can now spawn so its really fun experimenting the fly cam is nice too.
Old 09-02-2010, 09:26 PM   #2
Kirbster117

CaptainKirbster's Gamercard
The new colours definately liven things up over the dull starting colours (except my bright Xbox Agent armour :-))
The Rocket Boots are really useful and would help to do rooftop races/ hidden orbs etc.
The new vehicles don't really add a lot
The keys to the city is quite fun to mess around on and the super speed is awesome
Overall I think this is pretty decent even if you don't want to pay the money in which case you get a load of useful freebies
Old 09-02-2010, 09:58 PM   #3
mjc0961

mjc0961's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Submit - Gold   Arcade Crazy - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
It's worth the points just for being able to have a helicopter dropped off for you at any part of the city.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViolentCabaret View Post
This guide continues to warm my heart and piss off my roommates. Thanks so much!
mjc0961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 10:23 PM   #4
frogmyster3

frogmyster3's Gamercard
The agent colours are OK but I'm not really bothered by them. I think I've got 16 of them now which I think is a bit too much for an aspect of the game that doesn't really matter.

I love the thrusters. Using them now makes me think why they've never put them in before (on the disc or the DLC for the original).

As for the vehicles I love the helicopter being available for drop. I also tried the other new Agency vehicle and accidentally fell into the water. To my surprise it kept going.

The vehicle tag mode is really sweet. It's going to take an age to get the cheevo for winning without being tagged and although at times it can be frustrating, I love it. I must say though that I think this would be better suited at 400. But that's just me now not having enough for Borderlands DLC later this month.
frogmyster3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 01:05 AM   #5
mjc0961

mjc0961's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Submit - Gold   Arcade Crazy - Bronze
Yeah the other new vehicle is an aquatic tank, that's the main point of it. It also jumps like the SUV, but I think its main selling point is meant to be that it can travel in water.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViolentCabaret View Post
This guide continues to warm my heart and piss off my roommates. Thanks so much!
mjc0961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 11:43 AM   #6
iJon72

iJon72's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjc0961 View Post
Yeah the other new vehicle is an aquatic tank, that's the main point of it. It also jumps like the SUV, but I think its main selling point is meant to be that it can travel in water.
theres a aquatic tank =0 gotta try that =]

i didnt download the free version as soon as i saw it i bought it so idk. but its really fun just annoying that u cant spawn stuff in main game.
200GS - Dash of Destruction, Worms, New Rally X, Galaga, Battlefield 1943, Monday Night Combat, Zombie Apocalypse, Harms Way
iJon72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 02:37 PM   #7
Hoffer

Hoffer's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blobby404 View Post
Downloading the free version bags you:
Keys to the city which lets you spawn any vehicle weapon and most items such as phone boxes and beach balls and also allows extra things like melee weapons so you can use pick axes and giant clubs, dumbells etc. You can also spawn enemies and civilians.

Thruster boots for lvl 6 agents which allow you to fly vertically fast.

Mag grenades can now stick to people and freaks.

The fly cam allows you to look round the city in a first person cam and you can drop your agent off anywhere. But you cannot spawn things in fly cam.

Using points will allow you to purchase the rest of the package which contains 2 new vehicles a new helicopter and a tank which can jump, is fast and can stick to walls there are a new selection of grenades the thrusters can be used in the grenade slot for those who have not reached lvl 6 one of the "grenades" is a portable jump pad like those seen in freak lairs the other grenade is a little bouncing ball which releases grenades as it bouces a new weapon is also included which basically acts like a gravity gun new skins are also avaliable for your agent.

So is it worth buying? Well no the gravity gun like weapon is not as fun as it sounds and even though the mini launch pads are nice its not worth the points the new chopper is nice and chunky but is not too different from any other flight vehicle in the game the thrusters are useless once you reach lvl 6 too as you get them free then. The other vehicle is cool but isnt amazing. All the best bits of toy box are free which is really cool. The mag bombs can now stick to freaks and people which you can now spawn so its really fun experimenting the fly cam is nice too.
We're on xbox360achievements.org and you don't even mention that only the premium version gets you 250 more gamerscore.
Hoffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 04:21 PM   #8
CammyDragon

CammyDragon's Gamercard
I have the free version and will possibly buy the full thing. The vehicles aren't too spectacular and the colors are nice. Here's the thing, if you want to try out all the paid stuff, join a game with a friend that has it, you get everything except colors and achievements. Jump pads are not as fun as I was hoping seeing as you need to throw your 'Land' pad first, personally, I would have liked to have put down my 'Launch' pad and then throw the next pad on where I will land.
CammyDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 04:33 PM   #9
sKiTzaH

I think it's great.

Pros Of Paying 560 MSP

Aquatic ATV (Stick to buildings and can be driven in the water)
Squad Chopper (Being Able to spawn a chopper at any drop point location)
10 New Achievements (250 Extra Gamerscore)
The Mass Driver (Once you learn the method on how to send things flying half way across the map you can have a lot of fun, I have even managed to send myself flying with a car by jumping on the roof as I flick it off, get a friend and send them flying with a car its classic)
Portable Launch Pads (Great Fun For Trying Out Crazy Jumps)
Stickier Grenades (Fun Bouncing these things off walls into crowds)
2 New Avatar Awards (Agent Green Suit)
8 New Agent Colors (A lot of Brighter Colors which I think was needed)

Cons
None, unless your shit got frozen from the DLC and you cant play this great add-on.

Last edited by sKiTzaH; 09-03-2010 at 04:37 PM.
sKiTzaH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 04:52 PM   #10
slmmzy

slmmzy's Gamercard
Vehicle tag is fun and the new thrusher boots are pretty cool.
Old 09-04-2010, 11:26 AM   #11
Sean 94

x iSkiRMishx's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
A broken piece of trash that is totally glitched !
Sean 94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 11:33 AM   #12
N3xus Gam3r

Send a message via Skype™ to N3xus Gam3r

Noxington's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean 94 View Post
A broken piece of trash that is totally glitched !
Lol, it's not doing any kind of glitches for me Sean
Old 09-04-2010, 11:48 AM   #13
Sean 94

x iSkiRMishx's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Quote:
Originally Posted by N3xus Gam3r View Post
Lol, it's not doing any kind of glitches for me Sean
It didn't for me before the update, but when I downloaded the update my achievements won't unlock anymore ! God damn I hate broken DLC
Sean 94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 06:36 PM   #14
CyKoTerry

CyKoTerry's Gamercard
I think some of the content should of already been in the game and not thrown in later as dlc, but it's at least one of the cheaper packs out there.
CyKoTerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 12:32 AM   #15
Fire Hawk D

Fire Hawk GYJS's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Gold   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Silver   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
The Jet Boots x1000! I'm so glad I didn't pick this game up until both DLCs came out. The boots made getting all the orbs, rooftop races, and wingsuit rings cake! Especially those wingsuit rings. You can just jet right through them and it counts. Too easy! Also, you can fly with a car in your hands, making a lot of the stunt rings easier too. All around, I can only ask "where the **** were these in the first game?!"
Fire Hawk D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 06:24 PM   #16
Chaz Of Sparta

Chaz Of Sparta's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   XBA Promoter   Over Achiever - Bronze
The Toy Box is awesome, I especially love the thrusters - makes getting Renegade orbs and Rooftop Races a lot easier!
Quote:
Originally Posted by xhunterrrr View Post
Big advantage of a console? Don't have to play with "PC master race" idiots.

Chaz Of Sparta is offline   Reply With Quote