PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > BioShock
Subscribe    Donate

Old 08-21-2007, 07:46 PM   #61
Fritz White

Fritz White's Gamercard
Limited's not as cool as I thought. It's cool, but I thought I was getting a poster or something. The main thing I got is this Big Daddy toy, which is kind of heavy and sort of dumb. I just got him standing there on the table. I just watched the bonus DVD and that was sort of boring. I think the game's going to be great because everyone that made the game looks like they haven't been outside in a year cause they've been working on it so much. I'm a sucker for a metal game case too. Maybe there will be some good songs on the CD.

Anyway, don't feel bad if you miss out on the Limited, it's not a rip off, but it's not really awesome either.
Fritz White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 05:56 PM   #62
chenry

The chenry's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fritz White View Post
Maybe there will be some good songs on the CD.

man, the CD is three songs by Moby.
chenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 06:32 PM   #63
InSoMnIaC_190

Sneaky White's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I think the Big Daddy figure is badass. Most limited editions give you some shitty things. Like the Prey LE which was just two VERY small pewter figurines with no detial all silver very cheap looking and a CD you downloaded off of some very slow site and an art book with some weird cover and back that tears easy. You compare that LE to this one and it is way better.

BUT when I seen the votes they had a signed art cell or something by the team how awesome would it be to get the Big daddy figurine , the signed art , the cloth poster that my friend would be an amazing LE. The CD is worthless.

InSoMnIaC_190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 06:36 PM   #64
ThrillKillBill

ThrillKillBill's Gamercard

Awards Showcase x360a Book Club   1,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
my local EBgames manager told me 12 out of the 17 limited edition bioshock big daddy figurines were shipped broken, and that it was the same at several other stores nearby but replacements were being shipped out for free......... kinda makes me laugh
ThrillKillBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 06:53 PM   #65
DeW222

DeW222's Gamercard

The CD has two good songs on it. The remix of Sonatra's Under the Sea is really good, but I like Sonatra and trance which I know not everyone likes one, let alone two.
DeW222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 09:04 PM   #66
crusaderV1

crusaderV1's Gamercard

Yeah same thing at a couple of my stores 2! glad it didnt happen to me, though becuase the Big Daddy Figurine is waht makes the Bioshock LE! I still find it funny that all i had to 2 do was trade in 4 Nintendooo Ds games! What would be a better way to end the pokemon series of games than to trade it for BioShock!

P.S. I traded in Pokemon Diamond, Lunar Knights, Mario Cart DS, and Metriod Prime Hunters and got $72 for em!
crusaderV1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 09:54 PM   #67
bushmaster2000

The main thing you get in the LE is the hand painted Big Daddy figure. The soundtrack only had 3 songs on it and making of stuff is usually a watch once toss it kind of thing. So the BD figure is where it's at, too bad it sounds like there's an 80% defect rate it sounds like with the BD's getting broken in shipping due to poor packaging. Wonder how they're going to replace all those BDs since they were all hand painted.

Between the widescreen thing, the PC version only being installable once because it activates over the Interenet and the busted BD's, 2K really has a bit of a PR mess on their hands.
bushmaster2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 10:00 PM   #68
Pyroman31

Send a message via AIM to Pyroman31

pyroman31's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Damn I got my figurine and it was heavy! Glad mine wasn't broken. Me luvz it. The right foot isn't perfectly horizontal so it has a tiny wobble...nothing an old business card couldn't take care of. :P

Pyroman31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 04:34 AM   #69
chenry

The chenry's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeW222 View Post
The CD has two good songs on it. The remix of Sonatra's Under the Sea is really good, but I like Sonatra and trance which I know not everyone likes one, let alone two.
Dude. That's Bobby Darin's Beyond the Sea.
Old 08-23-2007, 05:15 AM   #70
DeW222

DeW222's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by chenry View Post
Dude. That's Bobby Darin's Beyond the Sea.
My bad, I was thinking Sinatra from listening to him earlier.
DeW222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 05:38 AM   #71
Night45Fox

Night45Fox's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeW222 View Post
ya i agree but i wish they didnt use "Punk remix" they dont play the punk remixes in the game, the tv ad is not in punk remix, but all-in-all for 10 bucks its good
Night45Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 10:36 AM   #72
skuff

dj skuff's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Forza Tournament 2nd Place
Looking through the game website in the uk i think the big daddy figure only comes with the pc version which is teh gay, ive preorderd the le, which still hasnt arrived, but i guess ill see tomorrow, i hope

Edit: just checked again, and heres what i found
http://www.game.co.uk/lowdown.aspx?lid=6890

so looks like i wont be getting the book stop after all

99999 achieved 3/4/08

Last edited by skuff; 08-23-2007 at 10:43 AM.
skuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 11:14 AM   #73
MrRedrum

xxLinoleumKnife's Gamercard

What I got really annoyed with is that we were told we were going to get a sweet Metal Case AND a kick ass Art Book with concept art and the like in there. But I suppose I can't complain too much since we did get a pretty awesome Limited Edition version of the game and it actually IS Limited for a change haha.

I was really looking forward to seeing the initial concepts of a Big Daddy though... I remember seeing the concepts of a Little Sister and they were freakishly alien looking. They still carried the theme over at least. Those that have gotten deep in the game will know what I'm talking about.

MrRedrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 04:26 PM   #74
jtkauff

Arashi Prime's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRedrum View Post
What I got really annoyed with is that we were told we were going to get a sweet Metal Case AND a kick ass Art Book with concept art and the like in there. But I suppose I can't complain too much since we did get a pretty awesome Limited Edition version of the game and it actually IS Limited for a change haha.
Actually the art book didn't make the cut - the voting on CultofRapture.com chose the Big Daddy, the soundtrack, and the making of, with a metal case.

On the other hand you can hit up CultofRapture to download the art book for free.
jtkauff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 08:45 PM   #75
chenry

The chenry's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtkauff View Post
On the other hand you can hit up CultofRapture to download the art book for free.
or if your Big Daddy was broken in the box, you get a free artbook. Eventually.