PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4
Subscribe    Donate

Old 11-14-2010, 06:17 PM   #31
LickableLemons7

SublimeThugLife's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 2   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - DEG23   Micro Guide - Bronze   Staff Club - DeekBoy   Submit - Bronze   2,500 Posts   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 10 (more» ...)
Worst?! Really? I haven't played it yet, but I'm looking forwarrd to giving it a rent. Worst Lego game yet was Indy 2, imo.
Old 11-17-2010, 11:34 AM   #32
ashleary

Send a message via MSN to ashleary

ashleyleary's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
This is miles better than Indy 2. I rate it as one of the best Lego games as opposed to the worse lol. Still everyone has their opinions and are entitled to them

edit:- Liking this game slightly less now i'd fell victim to some achievement glitches lol. Still a good game gameplay wise though
Amstrad CPC 464, Game Boy, SNES, Dreamcast, GBA XBOX, PSP, XBOX 360
Please follow @mouseymessages on Twitter

Last edited by ashleary; 11-25-2010 at 09:38 AM.
ashleary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 09:51 PM   #33
misscupcake

I really like this one. Granted I've only played LEGO Batman before, but this isn't bad IMO.
misscupcake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 06:16 AM   #34
Andreas_loel

mr fiskeh's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Best lego game hands down, ive read the books and ofc seen the movies.
Achievement wise its not the easiest though but thats ok

The movies made me so fucking disappointed and this game capture the feeling right without going to far from how you see things trough the book

Youtube
http://www.youtube.com/user/MrDoggson
Andreas_loel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 06:52 AM   #35
ShaneForWax

Send a message via AIM to ShaneForWax Send a message via Yahoo to ShaneForWax Send a message via Skype™ to ShaneForWax

HouseMDfan's Gamercard
Achievements wise it's the QUICKEST.

-Sig by GSDragon-
Harry: Shane's a what? Shane is an... ex-con, a murderer, perhaps! Oh, god, please tell me you're not heterosexual!
Shane: I'm a girl. Female. Harry.
Official Xbox LIVE Ambassador and GamerchiX
My Beta Participation: Frontlines Fuel of War, COD4, COD W@W, Medal of Honor, BLUR, Xbox LIVE preview, Xbox Xpert, Full House Poker, Zuma Blitz (Facebook), Dragon Age Legends
ShaneForWax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 12:15 AM   #36
Sephiroth740

Sephiroth740's Gamercard
Just borrowed the Harry Potter and think its pretty good so far. Ive played all, but the 2nd Indiana Jones game. HP is ranking 3rd in my book right behind Batman(2nd) and Star Wars The complete saga, not original.(1st) The original SW only ranks low bc of the horrible achievements.
Sephiroth740 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 08:14 PM   #37
sgt haggis

sgt haggis's Gamercard
i think this is one of the better lego games
sgt haggis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 08:49 PM   #38
tommy2648

tommy2648's Gamercard
Have you played the other games? If so, quite a lot of people are complaining about it. I'm not. It is the best it's just that a lot of it is repeated. It just wouldn't be a lego game without all the stuff included. The only thing I hated was a glitched gold brick to get 100% so I had to start all over again.

tommy2648 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 08:51 PM   #39
Itzz Sh0wt1m3

Itzz Sh0wt1m3's Gamercard
Lego games

yes they're getting worse and boring,
Itzz Sh0wt1m3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 04:03 PM   #40
Thrall51906

DrearyPaladin's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antman1977 View Post
Is it me or is this game the worst lego game yet ? Everything is so hard to do and the game is so slow, I have been playing around 5 hours and not one acheive yet and I am still on story 1??

Now I am stuck in the junxed room, done the green,yellow and blue brick to get the badge and now cant get the broomstick to fly anywhere without it chucking me off.....any tips?

I am finding this game a pile of shit to be honest....
this is my 3rd time through the game....my favorite lego aside from the star wars ones. maybe you just dont like harry potter?
Thrall51906 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 10:44 AM   #41
Barman

malulia's Gamercard
At first I also thought that it is boring (I am not Harry Potter fan), but it gets more interesting while playing
Barman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 01:49 PM   #42
D00mM4r1n3

D00mM4r1n3's Gamercard
I've played all the Lego games and don't like how confusing the hub is for this one. The story sections are also drawn out in length with cut scenes and running around the hub, making a confusing game boring as well. They even continue to commit the greatest sin of all in videogames by making the cut scenes non-skip-able. Definitely the worst Lego game yet.

100% Retail: Avatar, Bolt, Cars, Lego Batman, Lego Indiana Jones, Lego Indiana Jones 2: TAC, Lego Star Wars: TCS, Open Season, Viva Piņata: TIP
100% Arcade: Battlefield 1943, Defense Grid, Rocky and Bullwinkle
D00mM4r1n3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 01:29 PM   #43
Lawtons1Fan

BeastMode1982's Gamercard
I Agree

I agree, this game is a piece of shit! I love LEGO games, Original Indy was by far my favorite, but I enjoyed all of them except this crap. I actually liked playing the other games but am trying to force myself to play this cuz I got it free but I just can't do it
Old 02-16-2011, 05:36 PM   #44
DaShocker

DarthNutter28's Gamercard
Yeah, its' not the best. But I still find it fun.......
Old 02-21-2011, 08:21 PM   #45
nanochef

Send a message via AIM to nanochef Send a message via MSN to nanochef Send a message via Skype™ to nanochef

K R0B 55's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Im enjoying the game, having played 4-5 episodes in Lego Star Wars TCS i quickly became bored (although I love that game).

The only times I find myself bored in Lego HP is during the crap cut scenes that dont tell a story very well and you cant skip
nanochef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 08:26 PM   #46
nanochef

Send a message via AIM to nanochef Send a message via MSN to nanochef Send a message via Skype™ to nanochef

K R0B 55's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by D00mM4r1n3 View Post
I've played all the Lego games and don't like how confusing the hub is for this one. The story sections are also drawn out in length with cut scenes and running around the hub, making a confusing game boring as well. They even continue to commit the greatest sin of all in videogames by making the cut scenes non-skip-able. Definitely the worst Lego game yet.
I agree the cut scenes BLAH, and the hub starts out confusing.
to all who think lego games are getting bad would you prefer them to knock out another lego star wars with a different name on it? they innovated the quirks (like being able to split off from your co-op partner, and having a hub that blends into the level transitions) and tried new things and it worked IMO
nanochef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 07:41 PM   #47
Guyguyxtreme

sir panda magna's Gamercard
This was my favourite LEGO with LEGO Star Wars.
Guyguyxtreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 07:43 PM   #48
Mike19x

lxDeadxAngelxl's Gamercard
is it really that bad becuz i hav not yet played this game yet
Mike19x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 06:10 PM   #49
batgirl87

batgirl87's Gamercard
Personally, I love LEGO games! I've played all of them except for LEGO Indiana Jones 2. The only game I have not liked was LEGO Star Wars TCS. The achievements just seemed eeh since I'd already done this...
batgirl87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 06:51 PM   #50
Yale555

Yale555's Gamercard
I think you have to be somewhat of an avid Harry Potter fan to truly enjoy this game. If you're just going through the motions, then you're not going to get the most out of it.
Yale555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 02:46 PM   #51
MC Something

MrSnakePlisskin's Gamercard
This was my least favorite as well. I never knew where the hell I was. By the time I got a good feel for navigating Hogwarts and the surrounding areas, I was just about done with the game.

I didn't like that they took the same exact "book character" thing from the Indiana Jones games. They could've done something similar but different enough to where it didn't seem like they just stole it to save time. I didn't like how simple all of the puzzles were. In the first Indy game, especially, the puzzles required more thought. In HP, you just went through the motions. Even the cut-scenes were bland and humorless.

The Lego games are pretty much the only games I can get my wife to play with me and even she gave up on this one because it was boring. The only part I enjoyed was going through and collecting everything in freeplay but even THAT got boring after while.

Hopefully they use a different formula for the sequel.
MC Something is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 10:50 PM   #52
wozza1971

wozza1971's Gamercard
i deffo found this one to be nearly the best lego game yet breathed a bit of new life into the franchise although dunno how many more they can churn out deffo an improvement over the awful lego indy games
wozza1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 01:11 PM   #53
Tiddy110703

TIDDY110703's Gamercard
having watched the films and read the books ive just started the game, and im finiding it enjoyable, good likeness to the films and i find all lego games funny.

hope there is another lego harry potter soon
Tiddy110703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 04:46 AM   #54
djduke316

This was definately the best Lego game out there so far, with Batman being the second.
djduke316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 07:08 PM   #55
schism35

Schism35's Gamercard
I liked this one quite a bit. Probably only 2nd to the Star Wars Complete Saga.
Old 03-28-2011, 01:21 AM   #56
Foxxy kyle

Foxxy Kyle's Gamercard

Awards Showcase You ARE the Controller Challenge Club - Tier 1   Road Map - Platinum   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Silver   XBA Promoter   2,500 Posts   Achievement Guide - Gold   Over Achiever - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   A+ Thread Award   Bright Idea
Total Awards: 12 (more» ...)
Looks like the majority of the community likes it, guess ill need to get it.
Old 03-28-2011, 01:23 AM   #57
Foxxy kyle

Foxxy Kyle's Gamercard

Awards Showcase You ARE the Controller Challenge Club - Tier 1   Road Map - Platinum   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Silver   XBA Promoter   2,500 Posts   Achievement Guide - Gold   Over Achiever - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   A+ Thread Award   Bright Idea
Total Awards: 12 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MC Something View Post
This was my least favorite as well. I never knew where the hell I was. By the time I got a good feel for navigating Hogwarts and the surrounding areas, I was just about done with the game.

I didn't like that they took the same exact "book character" thing from the Indiana Jones games. They could've done something similar but different enough to where it didn't seem like they just stole it to save time. I didn't like how simple all of the puzzles were. In the first Indy game, especially, the puzzles required more thought. In HP, you just went through the motions. Even the cut-scenes were bland and humorless.

The Lego games are pretty much the only games I can get my wife to play with me and even she gave up on this one because it was boring. The only part I enjoyed was going through and collecting everything in freeplay but even THAT got boring after while.

Hopefully they use a different formula for the sequel.
Well of course going through and collecting things got boring..
Old 04-01-2011, 09:20 PM   #58
r0ss renegade

r0ss renegade's Gamercard
i thought the game was totally crap until i got to free roaming around hogwarts after id done all the story levels. then the glitches started so i gave the bollocks up and sold it
r0ss renegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 10:39 PM   #59
Johnnyboy

Ohjohnnyt's Gamercard

Not a bad game I find...but the achieves are so slow to come along.....and my god it could take a while to collect all of those gold bricks !
Johnnyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 09:26 PM   #60
Dale Norris

Send a message via MSN to Dale Norris

Dale Norris 25's Gamercard
got my son the demo thank god i did he wasnt keen on it at all
Dale Norris is offline   Reply With Quote