PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Grand Theft Auto IV
Subscribe    Donate

Old 10-25-2010, 05:34 AM   #31
Starlight126

Starlight126's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
You must have at least two people (including you) in the match in order to play it. They can be idle, but have to join. It's still doable.
Starlight126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 03:31 PM   #32
Damian 83
Banned User

Damian83's Gamercard
how many hours does it take to reach wanted level?
Damian 83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 05:31 PM   #33
Starlight126

Starlight126's Gamercard

It depends on too many factors. The average player can probably get 1,100$/minute with this.
Old 10-25-2010, 07:20 PM   #34
Damian 83
Banned User

Damian83's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starlight126 View Post
It depends on too many factors. The average player can probably get 1,100$/minute with this.
80hours???
Damian 83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 08:17 PM   #35
Starlight126

Starlight126's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damian 83 View Post
80hours???
Yea, more or less. That's Wanted only though. This method can provide more if the joiner is particularry good at shooting, but for some reasons I still have to understand, it's not easy to pull off a decent rate such as 2k/min (which is still 40 hours of course). Anyway, as I wrote previously there's no fixed rate, no fixed time. Plus, you have to consider both the roles on it, and hoster is not potentially as fast as the joiner. The basic maths of it are easy, but the whole stuff is not so easy to coordinate for good.
And actually I don't know how much difference can make 40 hours or 80 hours. Sure you say, it's twice as much. But after a while you start losing the feeling of time on it.
It's quite adviceable not to make any plans on time, such as "this week I will end with 1M, the next with 2.5, then in three weeks I'll have the achievement" because they will only piss you off the most. Play, play, play, play; someday you'll be at your 4.9M, and that's time to say "today I will end this shit".
P.S. I'd be more concerned of AWP if I were you. And also if I were me, and that's my current problem, since AWP races are just terrible.
Old 10-25-2010, 10:03 PM   #36
rdowdy95

Shemp Howard's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1   NBA Live 1000 People Online Supporter
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Funny thing about this is I still need $175k to go. I mean if I have a real good boosting session with no accidental deaths I can get this in under three hours, but OMG it does get boring! I need to wrap this up though for sure. I am getting tired of messing with this!
rdowdy95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 04:17 AM   #37
jonecup89

jonecup89's Gamercard
The part where u gotta go walk down the ledge and keep looking forward, when i do that, the 5 guys that suppose to come out aint coming out. I followed the video exactly the way it is, is this glitch fixed or am i doing something wrong?
jonecup89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 06:43 AM   #38
nic m 123

nic m 123's Gamercard
Ummm does this glitch still work or has i been patched? if it does work i wouldn't mine doing it with someone if they were willing.

Gamertag: nic m 123
nic m 123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 04:37 PM   #39
FantasticMrCox

Fantastic MrCox's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
If anyone would like to come into a game with me and i'll do a walk though for you i'll be more than happy to help anyone out. I was lucky enough to be taught by turtle shemp in game on how to do this a while back. I've just got 200,000k to unlock tonight and i'm done with wanted

So if anyone needs a run though send us a message on live and i'll see what we organise
FantasticMrCox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 08:04 PM   #40
XoNiNjAlEoNoX

THIS! IS! BOOSTING!
Thank you very much Shemp Howard!
I only have to buy the original gta 4 and I'm up for it!!!1!

Just another freak, in the freak kingdom.
XoNiNjAlEoNoX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 02:50 AM   #41
SikRob

SikRob's Gamercard
hey, question about this if anyone has noticed it as well. I had the fortune of boosting with someone that preferred to be the hoster and we boosted a few mill doing this glitch. However, a few times we were boosting I was disconnected from the game (while somehow still being connected to Xbox LIVE). This always happened to me and NOT my friend who was hosting.... so i was wondering has anyone else noticed that only the joiner gets disconnected if someone DOES get disconnected during the game? or is it just me being paranoid?
SikRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 12:41 PM   #42
Barad
High on Life

Send a message via Skype™ to Barad

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Platinum   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Road Map - Emerald   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Staff Club - troy0891
Total Awards: 22 (more» ...)
Thats insane, I done this legit by playing Hangmans NOOSE for 2 months! :/

---
10,000 Achievements - 13 July 2014

Barad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 03:26 PM   #43
Retro Thanos

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Silver
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SikRob View Post
hey, question about this if anyone has noticed it as well. I had the fortune of boosting with someone that preferred to be the hoster and we boosted a few mill doing this glitch. However, a few times we were boosting I was disconnected from the game (while somehow still being connected to Xbox LIVE). This always happened to me and NOT my friend who was hosting.... so i was wondering has anyone else noticed that only the joiner gets disconnected if someone DOES get disconnected during the game? or is it just me being paranoid?
Can be glitchy sometimes. Once, I was in a middle of a boosting session and all of a sudden my screen went black and the next thing I saw was that I was put in a random deathmatch lobby!

Retro Thanos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 10:44 AM   #44
iiDaRReN316x

i7z iDaRReNx's Gamercard

Anyone wanna do this hit me up on live

iiDaRReN316x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 09:36 PM   #45
tremberz

tremberz's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Referrals - Bronze   1,000 Posts
This video is great, and will defiently help me out as I've been planning on getting GTA finished for a while. Just a question though, is it best done with two people or is there a specific number its best with? Obviously in the video there's two people, what numbers the best?

Gears of War Veteran
Seriously - unlocked 6/6/07
Seriously 2.0- unlocked 2/2/10
Seriously 3.0- unlocked 21/3/13

Total Online Kills - 150,000+

tremberz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 01:09 AM   #46
KingLennart

KingLennart's Gamercard
I'm looking for a boosting partner for getting the Wanted achievement. I'm trying to do it with the Shemp Howard technique. I would prefer a partner who would be willing to host since I might mess up with the precedure. I'm at $2 million right now. We'll see how far we get in one sit through and continue on from there if needed. If I get it first, I'll stick around to help you get too and hope you'll do the same. I prefer someone who lives in EST time so it makes it easier for the times to coincide but it doesnt really matter as long as we're both on at the same time.
KingLennart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 01:15 AM   #47
Thrall51906

DrearyPaladin's Gamercard
got this way back when the game dropped, wish i could have had these videos at the time!
Thrall51906 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 10:50 AM   #48
iiDaRReN316x

i7z iDaRReNx's Gamercard

Anyone wanna do this i can do part the 2nd players part perfect

iiDaRReN316x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 01:04 AM   #49
statickornslipx

x Trademark x15's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdP1zza View Post
Is this method still do-able? Also do you need other people to help boost this or can you do it on your own?
still do-able and you need one other person do it
statickornslipx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 10:44 AM   #50
Knivesz

Send a message via AIM to Knivesz

lRX7's Gamercard
Ok so here's my problem. I've been doing this for the past week now and me and my buddy thought of this bright idea, what if I used my second xbox to host the game and let my other account and my buddy stay upstairs and get all the kills? Thing is, we got it working but the spawn upstairs was all fucked up and it wasn't going as fast as we thought. Could anyone shed some light n this as to why this was happening?... when I say the spawns were all fuckd up I mean they were spawning in wierd places and when they did spawn correctly they would run in wierd paths (or circles) and not go where they were sopposed to.

My gamertag is spelled 'LRX7' its not an "i"

Knivesz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 04:56 PM   #51
McDurbin

llDurbinll's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knivesz View Post
Ok so here's my problem. I've been doing this for the past week now and me and my buddy thought of this bright idea, what if I used my second xbox to host the game and let my other account and my buddy stay upstairs and get all the kills? Thing is, we got it working but the spawn upstairs was all fucked up and it wasn't going as fast as we thought. Could anyone shed some light n this as to why this was happening?... when I say the spawns were all fuckd up I mean they were spawning in wierd places and when they did spawn correctly they would run in wierd paths (or circles) and not go where they were sopposed to.
Thats just what happens when you've got two people upstairs. When me and Shemp were boosting for Wanted we sometimes had a third and the spawns would be weird.

Extremely Serious
Check out my video guide for South Park:Tenorman's Revenge. Gold Time and collectibles,Click Here
McDurbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 09:57 PM   #52
Knivesz

Send a message via AIM to Knivesz

lRX7's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by McDurbin View Post
Thats just what happens when you've got two people upstairs. When me and Shemp were boosting for Wanted we sometimes had a third and the spawns would be weird.
So I guess its pointless to do it then cuz we both would get crazy amounts of money if it worked.

My gamertag is spelled 'LRX7' its not an "i"

Knivesz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 03:48 AM   #53
xXSauliuSXx

ArkhmInmate0801's Gamercard
If anyone wants to do this boost message me. gt: ArkhmInmate0801

xXSauliuSXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 02:01 AM   #54
AWC GOTTI

AWC GOTTI's Gamercard
Does this still work? I downloaded an update today, me and my buddy tried the glitch twice and didn't work.??? Did they patch it?
AWC GOTTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 02:30 AM   #55
McDurbin

llDurbinll's Gamercard

I seriously doubt they patched it. Rockstar has done moved onto RDR and LA Noire. Your system cache must be full and thats why you had to update again.

Extremely Serious
Check out my video guide for South Park:Tenorman's Revenge. Gold Time and collectibles,Click Here
Old 03-25-2011, 03:15 AM   #56
Elitism

Elitism's Gamercard
I've done it just about everyday the last week. It works great and is really easy to do once you get the hang of it. Took me about 2 tries to get everything down as the host and the non host is waaay easier. BTW I timed myself as the host to see how much I could get in the following times and here they are, 1 min=2100, 10 min=18600, 60 min= 112400. Keep in mind to that the non host gets money even faster!

ATTN: I'm an ADULT gamer with MIC and I am only looking for serious boosting partners. Thanks!
Elitism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 12:38 AM   #57
Super Geek No1

Super Geek No 1's Gamercard
lol the one thing this video does which I dont do is use the pistol if you set it up right all you need is the sniper and you aim at the bad guy as he is spawning and shoot him in the head with the sniper riffle not too close but close enough the his ammo falls into you. If done properly to can rubber band it and go about your business hope this helps
Super Geek No1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 11:27 AM   #58
eHeadache

eHeadaches's Gamercard
Wink

Lets get to the BOOST TUNNEL! I love it.

Last edited by eHeadache; 04-01-2011 at 09:55 AM.
eHeadache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 12:47 AM   #59
veece16

Chilled Eclipse's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Awesome guide Shemp! My friend and I have been boosting for about a week using your guide ranking up like crazy. I'm on all this week if anyone wants to boost. Hit me up if I'm on.
veece16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 05:19 PM   #60
McDurbin

llDurbinll's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Geek No1 View Post
lol the one thing this video does which I dont do is use the pistol if you set it up right all you need is the sniper and you aim at the bad guy as he is spawning and shoot him in the head with the sniper riffle not too close but close enough the his ammo falls into you. If done properly to can rubber band it and go about your business hope this helps
Oh, really? Since this works on the PC version I MAY get it, if I get a boosting partner.

Extremely Serious