PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Mafia 2 > Jimmy's Vendetta
Subscribe    Donate

Old 09-13-2010, 06:15 AM   #31
gof22

shawn the geek5's Gamercard
The game is not about the free play. It is about how it has a story to tell. The story is quite good and the game-play is excellent.
gof22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 06:47 AM   #32
The Cripplers

The Cripplers's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by gof22 View Post
The game is not about the free play. It is about how it has a story to tell. The story is quite good and the game-play is excellent.
You're in the DLC section, unless you are trying to say that JV has a good story, which I somehow doubt.

--------------------------------------------
Looking to boost: Dead or Alive 4, UFC 2009, UFC 2010, Saint's Row 2, Smackdown Vs Raw 2007, Midnight Club. Send me a message and/or FR if you want to boost any of these games.
The Cripplers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 05:33 PM   #33
Barad
High on Life

Send a message via Skype™ to Barad

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Platinum   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Road Map - Emerald   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Staff Club - troy0891
Total Awards: 22 (more» ...)
The 1 mill points, the 1000 miles and the cops.

---
10,000 Achievements - 13 July 2014

Barad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 04:19 AM   #34
Cookie25

SnowyCookie's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by himalaybarad View Post
The 1 mill points, the 1000 miles and the cops.
^^^^ agree these are the worst things about the DLC
Cookie25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 10:57 AM   #35
DeathStarkill

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
F%$# the EXPLORER achievement! Nuff said!

Everything else was actually fun. I actually liked that they got away from the story and went to a free play mode. But that is just me.

DeathStarkill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 11:09 AM   #36
tobiashallix

tobiashallix's Gamercard
I didn't have much complaints about the dlc until yesterday.

I started to load up the game I started on easy, I had around 880,000 points and around 500 miles driving time clocked. I'd only replayed a handful of missions so I had a lot of opportunity to get my final 120,000 pts. As I loaded my game up a message popped up saying "loading failed. Press b to cancel". And still won't load up today and will probably have to start again! Points is bad enough but it's the driving miles that is really pissing me off.

So my complaint is that I payed (as we all did) 800 ms points for something that is actually fucking broken, and broke my save at the end of the day and feel well and truely ripped off!
Just Finished:Sonic 3, Prince of Persia, Smackdown 10
tobiashallix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 12:42 PM   #37
DeathStarkill

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Quote:
Originally Posted by tobiashallix View Post
I didn't have much complaints about the dlc until yesterday.

I started to load up the game I started on easy, I had around 880,000 points and around 500 miles driving time clocked. I'd only replayed a handful of missions so I had a lot of opportunity to get my final 120,000 pts. As I loaded my game up a message popped up saying "loading failed. Press b to cancel". And still won't load up today and will probably have to start again! Points is bad enough but it's the driving miles that is really pissing me off.

So my complaint is that I payed (as we all did) 800 ms points for something that is actually fucking broken, and broke my save at the end of the day and feel well and truely ripped off!
I feel for you brother.........the only advice I have is the standards:
1) Delete the game from your hard drive and re-download it
2) Clear your hard drive's cache....I don't know how to do this exactly, but just google it

Good Luck

DeathStarkill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 03:54 PM   #38
Beastmaster

Orge Lambart's Gamercard
I hate that stupid 1000 miles achievement.

Small city combined with police chasing you after going over 65 = major frustration. Atleast include some place we can go to drive around without worrying about police, like a race track or something.

I didn't have a problem with any other parts of JV, although the patch has made my game freeze up more than a few times.
Beastmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 05:10 PM   #39
gezarelli83

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhyscoticScot View Post
On another note i think Jimmy looks like Frank Butcher.

HAHAHA..... thank you i nearly pissed myself.(there is an outfit in game that looks similar to what he is wearing in that pic)

JV will never be the same again for me.

PAAAAAATTTT!
gezarelli83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 01:20 AM   #40
syn201

run187's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
having to redo achievements that I had already unlocked needed to recover
my profile it was corrupt somehow download it checked xbox.com first everything there that I had start downloading profile watch some tv go back to 360 playboy ,headshot,blow up 100 cars and finish a mission and x10 multi all of which I had unlocked became locked again piss take
same crap happened to me with the Simpsons game unlocked them all in the correct order download profile after it was corrupt somehow everyone cam back in wrong order

now iv got simpsons in wrong order and jv out of order due to ms

the 1000 miles is like the biggest joke for 10g that iv ever seen

just need the headshots and blow up 100 cars ill start a new game again on another save to get them both even though iv done it once already

could be worse I suppose i could have to do the bastardised no fighting in the war room on vet on cod 4 again ..

Anyone using the terms "lad","swag","COOL STORY BRO" will be insta ignored..
syn201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 09:54 AM   #41
Angelusbane

Angelusbane's Gamercard
My pet peeve is the fact that I have to drive 1000 miles. I have done that in real life, driving to Scotland and back, it was not fun. I can get over the 1K miles if everytime I had to stop for gas it didn't freeze.

This brings me to nicely to another thing. Why do I have to fill my car up every 20 to 30 minutes. I don't have to do that for my car.

Also wanted posters are really meant to be stuck up in places where people can see them.

Apart from this I love the game - apart from cops.

GODDAMN SPAWNING POLICE
Old 10-22-2010, 09:30 PM   #42
GOVNA10

Govna10's Gamercard
So I'm gonna go ahead and say that this DLC is not highly recommended?

http://www.360voice.com/tag/govna10
GOVNA10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 05:58 PM   #43
Kill Jim 16

I think the dlc is great, missions are competitive and it takes a lot of skill to get 100+ multiplyers during missions.

The 1000 miles is the worst achievement Ive ever seen though but apart from that the rest are easy enough.
Kill Jim 16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 07:13 PM   #44
Nima Astrouskij

Nima Astrouskij's Gamercard
800MS is too much for this DLC. The game freezes after completing storyline, what is interrupting your way to the 1000 miles. But you can fix that with loading up your gamertag and your gamesave on an usb stick (still annoying). Storyline is ok, but not really entertaining. At least this DLC offers free roam :)

Last edited by Nima Astrouskij; 11-11-2010 at 07:22 PM.
Nima Astrouskij is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 03:23 AM   #45
billjones0302

billjones0302's Gamercard
I really wish more time had been given to character development. Who is Jimmy? I know he is a betrayed member/hitman for the Mafia, but what else? More cutscenes could have been devoted to exploring Jimmy and his life to add depth to the DLC.
billjones0302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 05:39 PM   #46
Scotty
Shut up and Kiss Me!!

Scotty x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase The Mighty Duck Face   Achievement Guide - Silver   Donator - Level 4   Green Thumb - Silver   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   x360a Representer   Subscriber - Bronze   Road Map - Gold   A+ Thread Award   2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 16 (more» ...)
the story sucks.
the copious ammount of pigs!
1000 miles cheevo.
1000000 points cheevo.
and the level im on now which is so impossibly hard its unreal. where you have to destroy four cars on the irish missions. you destroy the first one and you get swarmed by irishmen and cops and die straightaway then have to start the fucking mission from the beginning everytime because theres no checkpoints. simply put this DLC sucks donkey ass!!!!!!!

EDIT: i would like to point out that i wrote this straight after getting my ass repeatedly handed to me on a mission and was very pissed off. ive just started a new game on easy and have to say im quite enjoying it. but ill leave what i posted alone because its mostly true.

Last edited by Scotty; 01-16-2011 at 11:54 AM.
Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 11:03 PM   #47
Christian Harper

ChristianHarper's Gamercard
The 1000 miles, 1,000,000 points and the lame time limits.
Christian Harper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 01:01 PM   #48
msc 10

msc 10's Gamercard
I hate driving 1000 miles without nothing else to do.
msc 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 07:25 PM   #49
Angelusbane

Angelusbane's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelusbane View Post
My pet peeve is the fact that I have to drive 1000 miles. I have done that in real life, driving to Scotland and back, it was not fun. I can get over the 1K miles if everytime I had to stop for gas it didn't freeze.

This brings me to nicely to another thing. Why do I have to fill my car up every 20 to 30 minutes. I don't have to do that for my car.

Also wanted posters are really meant to be stuck up in places where people can see them.

Apart from this I love the game - apart from cops.

GODDAMN SPAWNING POLICE
New pet peeve.

I posted this over 3 months ago and I still get freezing. Why don't they ever sort out issues before releasing new DLC.

Happy Joes adventures is half price atm though.
Old 02-03-2011, 10:37 PM   #50
Laajm

Laajm's Gamercard
This DLC has one good thing - and that's the beutiful, huge, living city, which ALMOST makes it a "okay" game. And this good "thing" already exists in the main game!

Yeah, the rest kind of sucks. Just started the DLC after playing Joe's Adventure, which is a much better option, and well... after 250/250 (which I hopefully will get a beutiful day..) I will never play Jimmy's Vendetta again. Probably.
Laajm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 03:59 PM   #51
ReD S1X

ReD S1X's Gamercard
awful. developers nowadays are loosing its touch and all became generic boredom.

to me, Jimmy looked like a beefed up version of Daniel Craig in a bald cap.

Reached to 300,000G @ 16/8/13
Achieved 10,000 achievements @ 28/12/12
ReD S1X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 08:34 PM   #52
Kempo10

Kempo10's Gamercard
I freaking hate this DLC..... I mean Joes Adventures was ok, because there was at least SOME storyline occasionally thrown in there, but Jimmy's Vendetta is just terrible!!!

There is no story AT ALL - totally pointless missions, which you essentially have to do EXACTLY THE SAME THING OVER AND OVER AGAIN; all the while being timed, which means you have to rush, hit a civillian, and get INSTANTLY wanted as a result EVERY MISSION. Which then means that you've gotta go to a clothes store, assault a poor young woman, to pick up a new luxury suit, just to go off to another useless, mononous "mission", which is equally awful, and once again leads to you being wanted....

HOWEVER!

I can put up with that so long as the damned explorer cheev didn't exist....

I'm not afraid to say that I've used 45 hours of the falling glitch to get this thing finally done, but seeing as I don't have a wired controller, or plug & play, I've just had it running in the background, whilst I do other things, just pressing the horn every now and then to stop the controller from dying.... Now the sound of "woah!" "nice!" "WOAH!" "hold on tight!" for HOURS is just relentless!!! It's horendous! I just despise the man's voice, and every time he ever says anything, I just think to myself "Shut up Jimmy....", to which he'd respond "nice!", which only angers me more....

ugh....

why oh why did they have to release this awful thing?!?!?
Kempo10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 04:59 PM   #53
THC BLUNTED

THC BLUNTED's Gamercard
The DLC provided some decent fun, with the exception of no stort at all. Which seems odd cause the greatness mafia 2 had was the captivating story. I agree to most people that the cops in both DLCs are frustrating. Half of the damn missions I spend more time running away from the cops then doing the mission, then its get new clothes and get a new car.

This comment refers to both DLCs and that is how glitchy everything is. There was several occasions I would have to start a mission over because I was caught in some glitch. Also, the power of the shotgun. There was way to many times I would get 1 shot killed by a shotgun with almost a full life bar on medium difficulty. That is not right and sometimes I would be behind cover. But for some reason when I use the shotgun its a piece of shit!

And this should go without saying, 1000 mile achievement has to be one of the worst achievements ever!
THC BLUNTED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 02:45 AM   #54
Snoop QC

snoop qc's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
I hate many things about this DLC. First, this stupid point system with an achievement that requires to get 1 000 000 points but fortunately someone found a way to glitch it so it takes 3 hours. Second, like in the main game, there are not any odd jobs, I mean it's an opened sandbox and there is nothing to do beetween missions like I don't know... races for example. Finally, the most stupid thing about JV, the Explorer achievement. All right, I'll be honest and bought it on deal of the week but still, 5-6$ for 10 boring hours of grinding to get 1000 miles is total shit. I hope JA, which I will do next, is better with no stupid achievement.

Achievements completion : 99,39%
Gamerscore completion : 99,35%
Retail games completed : 70/74
I'm a completionist!!!

If you send a friend request, please send a message telling why, otherwise I will just ignore it
Snoop QC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 07:36 AM   #55
moshizzy

mo shizzy's Gamercard
1000 miles.........never been so pissed at a game before...worst...achievement....ever...
moshizzy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 08:18 PM   #56
Nevander

Nevander's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver   5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Having to drive for 1000 miles around a city with possibly one of the worst AI civilian driver coding in any game to date. They disobey the laws of traffic, pull out in front of you, and just hit you and then the cops give you the ticket... at least I am near end, sitting at about 800 miles.

Signature by Gackt. Click it to visit the Classic FPS Gamers x360a social group!
Random friend requests or invites sent with no message will be deleted.
I have moved to PC gaming for the most part, so I won't be on Xbox LIVE much anymore.
Nevander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 09:36 PM   #57
cjdavies

cjdavies82's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
The only thing I hate about this is being timed for every mission, I have set it to easy just to complete it as I can't take my time and feel rushed and then you have cop[=s after you!

I don't really care about the 1000 miles or the 1,000,000 score, I ain't going to bother gettting it.
cjdavies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 01:57 AM   #58
DanielH

CraziestDemonic's Gamercard
Problems I've Encounter.

timed missions, WTF

during the mission the cops intervene to where you Bribe Them to go on with the mission, but pull the gun out, the cops back at you, but this time, sometimes, Shooting At You.

"We Got A Homicide", says the cops, WTF, its not a Homicide, i'm in the Middle Of A Mission.

so Now You Got Enemies plus Cops Shooting At You, its either you Die or Survive.
DanielH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 06:21 PM   #59
mesoungodlyfast

mesoungodlyfast's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottttocs View Post
the story sucks.
the copious ammount of pigs!
1000 miles cheevo.
1000000 points cheevo.
and the level im on now which is so impossibly hard its unreal. where you have to destroy four cars on the irish missions. you destroy the first one and you get swarmed by irishmen and cops and die straightaway then have to start the fucking mission from the beginning everytime because theres no checkpoints. simply put this DLC sucks donkey ass!!!!!!!

EDIT: i would like to point out that i wrote this straight after getting my ass repeatedly handed to me on a mission and was very pissed off. ive just started a new game on easy and have to say im quite enjoying it. but ill leave what i posted alone because its mostly true.
Old post I know, but since people still play and come here for questions...

That level is actually easy once you figure out where the enemies come from and thier tendencies.

What I found to be easiest was to pull my car straight in past the 1st car until you hit the garage doors. Park it right up against those at an angle, and it will provide cover from both sides you get shot from. From here, you also have a straight shot (headshots BOOM!) at the first 4 guys that are standing in between the 2 open sections.

You just kill those, run and blow up one of the cars in the next cubby, then run back to your car and kill the people coming. Once done, do the same for the next. Then snipe the guy on the stairs leading down on the other side of the courtyard, and the TWO guys behind the last ISW 508. (I kept thinking there was only one, only to be killed the second I walked up to the car)/
mesoungodlyfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 01:01 AM   #60
ReaptheChaos

ReaptheChaos's Gamercard
The DLC is boring, I’ll agree to that. The complete lack of a story plus there is no personalization, I mean I don’t know jack about Jimmy so why would I care if he gets his vengeance?

As for the other complaints, the cops are easy enough to outrun, the only time I’ve been caught is when I decided to stop. In many cases its advantageous to stop and pay the fine then go about your business. Bribing them removes any wanted level on your clothing and car and its usually faster to give them $200 then to changes clothes and license plates. Also if it’s at the end of the mission you simply have to get to the safe zone and hit X, after that the cops who were chasing you simply go away.

As for the timed aspect, I never got close to running out of time unless it was one where you have to pick up a car and drive it somewhere, those can get close but there usually isn’t anything else to do anyway. Any mission that involved gunfire always had tons of extra time on the clock when I got done.

Lastly about the cops getting involved in the shootouts, just kill them too. Usually there’s only a couple around anyway so a few more bullets don’t matter much, you’re going to end up with a shoot-on-sight wanted level most times anyway. Unless there scripted to show up in the mission you’re only going to get whatever few happen to be wondering around the area anyway.

I’ve played it on easy, medium and hard and other than how fast you die there is no real difference in the difficulty of the missions.

If its true that what you donít know cant hurt you, then you must be practically invincible!
ReaptheChaos is offline   Reply With Quote