PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password
 

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion
Subscribe    Donate

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-21-2010, 05:48 PM   #91
Method
 
Method's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Colorado, USA
Posts: 2,451

Method x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Bronze   x360a Representer   Road Map - Emerald   PAX Meet 2010   Achievement Guide - Bronze   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Submit - Gold   1,000 Posts   Member of the Month   A+ Thread Award   Bright Idea   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 13 (more» ...)
Okay everyone, so long as this remains a general discussion it's fine but when we start posting about why we dislike specific members and why we're glad they haven't come back it's going too far. Let's not turn the thread into a popularity contest and stick to generalities instead.

Back on topic, I too create a mental image of people on the forums and even people I game with a lot online that I've never met. In fact I just met a few of the people I game with a lot at PAX for the first time. Imagine my surprise when I met them and they didn't look like they're XBL avatar .
__________________

Method is offline  
Old 09-21-2010, 06:42 PM   #92
Genesis x360a
 
Genesis x360a's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Pandora
Posts: 5,015

Schluballybub's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Minty   Over Achiever - Gold   2,500 Posts   Road Map - Gold   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Call of Duty 4 Subscribers Tourn. - First Place   Submit - Bronze   Call of Duty: WaW Subscribers Tourn. - First Place   Subscriber Uno - Third Place   Donator - Level 1   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 11 (more» ...)
Sometimes i do, other times i dont. I think a few people on the forums are absolute arseholes and irl i wouldnt give them the steam off my shit and members probally feel the same way towards me but most of the time the most active members are gems
__________________



Genesis x360a is offline  
Old 09-21-2010, 07:49 PM   #93
Wii187
 
Wii187's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Molokini, HI
Posts: 1,626

Finagles's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Bronze   XBA Promoter   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Silver   Submit - Gold   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVthePunisher View Post
Then I praised Skibada as a stuffed animal and pictured Minty as Hannah Montana...but a more serious, to the point and very intimidating Hanna Montana o.o;

Yay, I condensed it! That post was far too long anyways...regardless, here's my picture idea! This is what all of you look like o.o;

Minty




BrokenAssassin

Haha, your pics remind me of a game we played back in the day called guess the member:

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...d.php?t=158529

One last one for old times. Guess the member:




or

__________________


Last edited by Wii187; 09-21-2010 at 07:59 PM.
Wii187 is offline  
Old 09-21-2010, 08:02 PM   #94
PerpetualHeaven
 
PerpetualHeaven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 6,716
Send a message via MSN to PerpetualHeaven

Perpalicious's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Referrals - Gold   x360a Book Club   5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   Achievement Guide - Gold   A+ Thread Award   Word of Mouth   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitansWar View Post
I have spoken to many people about this in the past. Stereotyping, or 'prejudice', is sensible. It is human evolution. It saves us time are people and it is something that other animals cannot do because they have not evolved in the same way as us.

When I see a pile of burning logs and I touch it, I burn myself. If I then see a shrub on fire, I know not to touch it as it looks similar to last thing that hurt me. This saves me time and effort, as I don't have to touch EVERYTHING I come across just to see if it will injure me.

In the same way, when I see someone who is watching/reading manga/anime I know from past experience that there is no point talking to them as I will not enjoy their company. I might not be correct, as they might be the most coolest motherfucking-est person ever. However, as a general rule of thumb, ignoring manga lovers is a sensible time saver for me. Now, thanks to my super stereotyping ability, I don't have to introduce myself to every single person I see - I can tell who I am most likely to be friends with just by looking at them. We all do it. Much like you might think brunettes are more your 'thing', and as a prejudgement you would talk to the brunette standing at the bar as opposed to her fair haired counterpart.

People are too 'moral' to say what I said as they are worried it isn't very politcally correct. Morals, as a general rule, are a joke and should not apply to a progressive world. As it stands, our evolution is limited from here on out because of people like Vladimirk.

So when your child is born with cancer - blame him.
I would have liked to see an unpredictable response but I saw the evolution thing coming from a mile away.

If we adhered to our evolutionary instincts all the time then, by extension, you should have no problem having me (I'm hypothetically poor) come to your house and murdering you while stealing everything you own. I mean, my instincts is to look out for myself at all times.

But I disagree that evolutionary instincts are that powerful. Conditioning is far more powerful, in my opinion, than evolutionary attributes. That's why we have created society how it is: there's some order and things, as I like to think optimistically, are always getting better. That's because rational thinking and avoiding being a primitive being prevents me from coming to your house and murdering you because I'm down and out.

Also, don't confuse selfishness with evolution. You don't have to assume that all manga-lovers are a waste of time. You don't have to do anything. Attributing it to evolution as to avoid making yourself look like a primitive human being is just called deflection. You're allowed to this opinion, obviously, but you can prevent thinking like that. You just choose to think like this at no fault of evolution.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quarantane View Post
It's only natural to form opinions about people based upon what you're interactions are with them.

For example if you hear someone on xbla that sounds like a girl, you will make an imaginary profile of that person being a girl.

It's the human condition to judge others and base your judgments on whatever interactions you may have with that person. Anyone who says they don't do this is only lying to themselves because they may have a judgment they want to keep to themselves.
I know people who aren't "lying" to themselves. Just because you're incapable doesn't mean it isn't possible.
__________________
56/63 Retails Completed
15/17 Arcades Completed
GS Completion %: 97.76
Achievement Completion %: 97.04
Gamerscore: 68,482

"Don't hate, perpetuate!"
PerpetualHeaven is offline  
Old 09-21-2010, 08:25 PM   #95
tugboatman
 
tugboatman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Grimsby, UK
Posts: 591

D3L1V3R4NC3's Gamercard
i like to post also but then i feel a bit arkward when i go to the thread screen and all the last posts were by me lol, but as for interpretations of people on here i usually dont judge if someone has a problem/question and i think i might be able to help then i will.
__________________
D3L1V3R4NC3 is better than 99,92% or 764 409 of the ranked racers

Trials Evolution
Bronze : 79
Silver : 79
Gold : 79
Platinum : 78



SEND A MESSAGE WITH FRIEND REQUESTS OR THEY WILL BE IGNORED!!!
tugboatman is offline  
Old 09-21-2010, 08:31 PM   #96
jamie1000013
 
jamie1000013's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Northamptonshire, UK
Posts: 2,574

D Mob x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Genre Competition - Second Place   2,500 Posts   x360a Representer   Completion Competition Winner   Word of Mouth   Achievement Guide - Silver   Road Map - Gold   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitansWar View Post
If you want to ignore me then why make a post about me? Seems very illogical to me. Also, you're lucky I'm self-conceded enough to search for my own name or I never would have found your post(s).

Some of you get my humour, whilst others do not, and to the latter I am simply a 'troll'. I see nothing 'troll'-like in pointing out when someone is being incredibly stupid [please see my signature], but in all forums you get White Knights who love to protect the weak brained.

On Topic: For me, people fall into two catergories - annoying & 'I-can't-remember-their-names'. I assume If I start posting the names I can remember I will get banned, so I will resist the urge to list Vladimirk, Jamie1000013, TVthePunisher and Carmona25




*I'd just like to point out that I didn't claim to have 'won' the argument because of your age. I was simply stating that your childishly hippie argument was a sign of your age, and it was a phase you would grow out of. Rebelling against 'the man' is only cool when you're young.



Finally, something I don't want to mock you about. Her name was Iconoclast, or something similar, and she was the most annoying poster I have witnessed on any board.
I guess if my name is mentioned I fall under the annoying category :-). I don't dislike you Titan, if you got that impression.

I want more people to post in the post a pic thread so I can see if the picture in my head of you is the same as your actual look lol. I don't really see people as their sigs or avatars, or profile pics etc. I do get mental images of people over their names though >.<.

Also @Tvpunisher what was that second pic of "me"? lol. Looked pretty hardcore, like a human version of Kabutops lol.
__________________

Thank you Audacious for the sig

Last edited by jamie1000013; 09-21-2010 at 08:56 PM.
jamie1000013 is offline  
Old 09-21-2010, 09:34 PM   #97
TVthePunisher
I'm hungry...FOR DAT ASS!
 
TVthePunisher's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Sirrent Hirrrr =X We arr rive in Sirent Hirrrr!
Posts: 3,716
Send a message via AIM to TVthePunisher Send a message via MSN to TVthePunisher Send a message via Yahoo to TVthePunisher

TVthePunisher's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Subscriber - Bronze   Genre Competition - Second Place   Arcade Crazy - Silver   Donator - Level 1   2,500 Posts   Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamie1000013 View Post
I guess if my name is mentioned I fall under the annoying category :-). I don't dislike you Titan, if you got that impression.

I want more people to post in the post a pic thread so I can see if the picture in my head of you is the same as your actual look lol. I don't really see people as their sigs or avatars, or profile pics etc. I do get mental images of people over their names though >.<.

Also @Tvpunisher what was that second pic of "me"? lol. Looked pretty hardcore, like a human version of Kabutops lol.
Jericho from Clive Barker's Jericho...or something ;>_> I never played it, so yeah...a badass Kabutops works too! X_X; at least you weren't this guy:




Quote:
Originally Posted by Wii187 View Post
Haha, your pics remind me of a game we played back in the day called guess the member:

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=158529

One last one for old times. Guess the member:




or

Damn straight, classic TV...then again I wouldn't have complained if it was an HD one. That sounds pretty neat, that Guess the Member deal.
__________________
Now Playing: Assassin's Creed III (Xbox 360), Splinter Cell HD (PS3)
Now Watching: Hannibal (Season 2), The Following (Season 2), Arrow (Season 1)



TVthePunisher is offline  
Old 09-21-2010, 09:48 PM   #98
CodSteaks
 
CodSteaks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 584

SG CodSteaks's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze   Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
I definitely find myself forming a mental image of someone based on online interaction, but the image is different whether it's only interacting through forums or if it's also through voice chat. I get more of a visual image of a person when I hear their voice. When it's only forum posts that I have to go by, it's a much more generic image, not even really visual I guess. It's kind of like following directions based on landmarks or based on road names. The landmarks are like a mental picture of someone and what I think they might look like, but the road names are just a compilation of what I remember about their postings, like accessing a file of information about them. So voice chat = visual images (landmarks), and forum posts = files (road names). Does that make any sense?

Either way it's a definite impression of someone. I start making assumptions about what someone might be like personality wise and whether I would like them or not. But like people have said, what someone's like online is usually a lot different than what they would be like in person. Personally, I think I'm pretty similar online or in person. I usually won't say anything on a forum or in voice chat that I wouldn't say face to face. I probably use a few bigger words when I'm writing than I would in speech, I guess.

Reminds me of something someone told me once, something along the lines of: "You can never truly know another person, you can only aspire to truly know yourself."
__________________
Thanks to jtr1gg3r for the awesome sig
CodSteaks is offline  
Old 09-22-2010, 04:02 AM   #99
Burning Karma
 
Burning Karma's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Southwest Virginia
Posts: 3,637
Send a message via MSN to Burning Karma

Burning Karma's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   Over Achiever - Bronze   2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVthePunisher View Post
Saiyu ..I can't remember if you're the guy from Germany or not, but I know someone that started with an S used to have this guy in his avatar that looked like James Franco and whenever he posted, I always pictured James Franco .__. though he was kind of an everyguy kind of nice person so I didn't have any negative image of him. James Franco works!
Totally not me. Nor do I even know who you're talking about. I'm from the States and have never used an avatar of James Franco in my life. xD

Quote:
Originally Posted by PerpetualHeaven View Post
I've never understood this. Is there some type of general rule that states grammar and spelling is correlated with age? I've seen plenty of older people (20+) who type like crap and have met younger people (below 18) who are quite good with English. Basing age off of grammar and spelling is illogical. It's like saying someone has less of a life if he or she has a higher gamerscore. Does that make sense? Or I should say that everyone who plays video games is childish and immature? I dislike it when people base intelligence, age, and other characteristics off of spelling and grammar.
Because poor grammar and spelling reflects badly upon the writer. It makes you seem less intelligent.
__________________
Twitter | Last.fm | PSN

"Lived, lives, will live."
"Died, dies, will die."
Burning Karma is offline  
Old 09-22-2010, 05:20 AM   #100
TVthePunisher
I'm hungry...FOR DAT ASS!
 
TVthePunisher's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Sirrent Hirrrr =X We arr rive in Sirent Hirrrr!
Posts: 3,716
Send a message via AIM to TVthePunisher Send a message via MSN to TVthePunisher Send a message via Yahoo to TVthePunisher

TVthePunisher's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Subscriber - Bronze   Genre Competition - Second Place   Arcade Crazy - Silver   Donator - Level 1   2,500 Posts   Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saiyu View Post
Totally not me. Nor do I even know who you're talking about. I'm from the States and have never used an avatar of James Franco in my life. xD
Oh ;>_> well uh...then um...I'm picturing Ghost Rider for some reason for you! o.o;;;
__________________
Now Playing: Assassin's Creed III (Xbox 360), Splinter Cell HD (PS3)
Now Watching: Hannibal (Season 2), The Following (Season 2), Arrow (Season 1)



TVthePunisher is offline  
Old 09-22-2010, 10:59 AM   #101
TitansWar
Banned User
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 420

TitansWar's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by PerpetualHeaven View Post
I would have liked to see an unpredictable response but I saw the evolution thing coming from a mile away.

1) If we adhered to our evolutionary instincts all the time then, by extension, you should have no problem having me (I'm hypothetically poor) come to your house and murdering you while stealing everything you own. I mean, my instincts is to look out for myself at all times.

2) But I disagree that evolutionary instincts are that powerful. Conditioning is far more powerful, in my opinion, than evolutionary attributes. That's why we have created society how it is: there's some order and things, as I like to think optimistically, are always getting better. That's because rational thinking and avoiding being a primitive being prevents me from coming to your house and murdering you because I'm down and out.

3) Also, don't confuse selfishness with evolution. You don't have to assume that all manga-lovers are a waste of time. You don't have to do anything. Attributing it to evolution as to avoid making yourself look like a primitive human being is just called deflection. You're allowed to this opinion, obviously, but you can prevent thinking like that. You just choose to think like this at no fault of evolution.
I have labelled your paragraphs for an simpler response.

1) You are correct, and I would have no problem with this whatsoever; as long as I was able to do it too. Also, do not forget that I can still support the ideal world without being the perfect specimen of evolution.

2) Conditioning, when used in conjunction with evolution is a good thing. My entire 'fire is dangerous' example was based around conditioning, not evolution. However, as the 'superior' species, we condition all sorts of silly things that damage our evolutionary progress. We condition 'feelings' which results is us damaging the gene pool by breeding with/saving the life of weak gened humans. We condition 'morals' which stop us from invading other countries to advance them. Where would England be now if the Romans hadn't invaded and built roads, aqueducts and baths? Just imagine if someone had stopped them from invading - citing it was an unjust war.

3) Again, my Manga hating example wasn't evolutionary based as the hatred does not lie in my genes. My hatred comes from self-conditioning.

I have had this discussion with so many different types of people over the years, a great number of which ending up agreeing with the majority of my points. My closing argument would be this:

How many lions are born with, or develop cancer? Virtually none.
Why? Because they breed properly, having evolutionary advancement as their main aim.

Humans do not, and as a result, in the year 3000 everyone will have some sort of genetic disease. Cancer numbers are continuing to rise, and while we can blame it on mobile phones/bad diets etc, the true cause of the rise of cancer is the fact that people with cancer breed. The standard counter argument is that science will find a cure for cancer, and while that may be true, the point remains we will always be very susceptible to genetic diseases as we breed for 'love', not advancement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamie1000013 View Post
I guess if my name is mentioned I fall under the annoying category :-). I don't dislike you Titan, if you got that impression.
As I have mentioned before - I don't find you annoying 50% of the time, but because you do annoy me sometimes, I have remembered your name.
TitansWar is offline  
Old 09-22-2010, 12:54 PM   #102
PerpetualHeaven
 
PerpetualHeaven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 6,716
Send a message via MSN to PerpetualHeaven

Perpalicious's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Referrals - Gold   x360a Book Club   5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   Achievement Guide - Gold   A+ Thread Award   Word of Mouth   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saiyu View Post
Because poor grammar and spelling reflects badly upon the writer. It makes you seem less intelligent.
I see you used the word "seem." So, if someone uses bad spelling and grammar it doesn't necessarily make them unintelligent. So why follow through with the prejudice if it is unfounded and unreliable?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitansWar View Post
I have labelled your paragraphs for an simpler response.

1) You are correct, and I would have no problem with this whatsoever; as long as I was able to do it too. Also, do not forget that I can still support the ideal world without being the perfect specimen of evolution.

2) Conditioning, when used in conjunction with evolution is a good thing. My entire 'fire is dangerous' example was based around conditioning, not evolution. However, as the 'superior' species, we condition all sorts of silly things that damage our evolutionary progress. We condition 'feelings' which results is us damaging the gene pool by breeding with/saving the life of weak gened humans. We condition 'morals' which stop us from invading other countries to advance them. Where would England be now if the Romans hadn't invaded and built roads, aqueducts and baths? Just imagine if someone had stopped them from invading - citing it was an unjust war.

3) Again, my Manga hating example wasn't evolutionary based as the hatred does not lie in my genes. My hatred comes from self-conditioning.

I have had this discussion with so many different types of people over the years, a great number of which ending up agreeing with the majority of my points. My closing argument would be this:

How many lions are born with, or develop cancer? Virtually none.
Why? Because they breed properly, having evolutionary advancement as their main aim.

Humans do not, and as a result, in the year 3000 everyone will have some sort of genetic disease. Cancer numbers are continuing to rise, and while we can blame it on mobile phones/bad diets etc, the true cause of the rise of cancer is the fact that people with cancer breed. The standard counter argument is that science will find a cure for cancer, and while that may be true, the point remains we will always be very susceptible to genetic diseases as we breed for 'love', not advancement.

As I have mentioned before - I don't find you annoying 50% of the time, but because you do annoy me sometimes, I have remembered your name.
Can't counterpoint that. I wouldn't want that solely based on believing that we are more than just animals. Evolution gifted humans with a brain so complex and functional that I see absolutely no reason to dabble in such archaic and primitive ways, e.g. murdering someone for money. I am socialist so that pretty much makes our views incompatible. Nice discussion, though.

On the cancer point, I cannot deny that breeding has something to do with it. On the flip side, diet and chemicals have a huge place in it, I think bigger than breeding. Lions eat the way their ancestors ate: good ol' meat. They consume no processed foods and don't breathe in chemicals constantly while also getting adequate exercise. A Lion can grab a branch with its mouth that is 9-10 feet in the air.

Humans consume insane quantities of sugar (17% of the American caloric intake is sugar) as well as very few things nutritious. Top that with the constant need to make life easier (think DDT and how they used to spray it on people) and you have a recipe of disaster. Also can't forget that most people can't go up a stair of flights without being breathless. Sure, breeding with people who don't have cancer is a good idea but you can prevent others from getting cancer by altering their lifestyle.

P.S. I'm glad you remember my name now. It's an honour.
__________________
56/63 Retails Completed
15/17 Arcades Completed
GS Completion %: 97.76
Achievement Completion %: 97.04
Gamerscore: 68,482

"Don't hate, perpetuate!"
PerpetualHeaven is offline  
Old 09-22-2010, 01:03 PM   #103
TitansWar
Banned User
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 420

TitansWar's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by PerpetualHeaven View Post
Can't counterpoint that. I wouldn't want that solely based on believing that we are more than just animals. Evolution gifted humans with a brain so complex and functional that I see absolutely no reason to dabble in such archaic and primitive ways, e.g. murdering someone for money. I am socialist so that pretty much makes our views incompatible. Nice discussion, though.

On the cancer point, I cannot deny that breeding has something to do with it. On the flip side, diet and chemicals have a huge place in it, I think bigger than breeding. Lions eat the way their ancestors ate: good ol' meat. They consume no processed foods and don't breathe in chemicals constantly while also getting adequate exercise. A Lion can grab a branch with its mouth that is 9-10 feet in the air.

Humans consume insane quantities of sugar (17% of the American caloric intake is sugar) as well as very few things nutritious. Top that with the constant need to make life easier (think DDT and how they used to spray it on people) and you have a recipe of disaster. Also can't forget that most people can't go up a stair of flights without being breathless. Sure, breeding with people who don't have cancer is a good idea but you can prevent others from getting cancer by altering their lifestyle.

P.S. I'm glad you remember my name now. It's an honour.
You are, of course, correct in that bad lifestyle choices, such as diet, end up playing a huge part in causing the world problems. But it was an certainly an interesting debate.

P.S You hadn't actually annoyed me yet so I didn't know your name, but to honour you being the first person not to run for the hills screaming 'troll' at my posts, I will make the effort to remember it.
TitansWar is offline  
Old 09-22-2010, 03:42 PM   #104
Wortsenawl
 
Wortsenawl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: UK - Berkshire
Posts: 1,097

wortsenawl's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Don't stop now, I was enjoying your debate. It made it quite an interesting thread and it was also refreshing that it didn't turn into a session of who has the biggest... well you know what I mean.
__________________

Join Now!

Completed Games - [70] - Retail [54] - Arcade [16]:
**Most Recent**
Mafia II (all DLC)
LoTR: War in the North
Batman Arkham City (+CW DLC)
Track n Field
Secret of Monkey Island: SE
Dark Souls


Quote:
Originally Posted by ChromiumDragon View Post
First, let me say...you deserve to be banned, mocked, and flogged to death with a bag of dicks.
Wortsenawl is offline  
Old 09-22-2010, 04:07 PM   #105
SKIBADABOMSKI
 
SKIBADABOMSKI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Wizza wazza wizza wazza wizza wazza BOOM !!
Posts: 1,259

CRISP EATERS's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 2   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wortsenawl View Post
Don't stop now, I was enjoying your debate. It made it quite an interesting thread and it was also refreshing that it didn't turn into a session of who has the biggest... well you know what I mean.
Have to agree. Although I have no idea whatsoever what it was about. It was swirling in all directions. However I saw a different Titan in this thread. From my interpretation that is.
SKIBADABOMSKI is offline  
Old 09-22-2010, 06:19 PM   #106
TitansWar
Banned User
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 420

TitansWar's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by SKIBADABOMSKI View Post
Have to agree. Although I have no idea whatsoever what it was about. It was swirling in all directions. However I saw a different Titan in this thread. From my interpretation that is.
No idea why you would think I'm being different. Vladimirk cried like a little girl when I had an almost identical argument with him. He, and others, couldn't have decided I was a troll faster.

Since the internet invented the word 'troll', anyone who has a controversial view point is then labelled as such. It's quite boring and pathetic.
TitansWar is offline  
Old 09-22-2010, 06:51 PM   #107
PerpetualHeaven
 
PerpetualHeaven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 6,716
Send a message via MSN to PerpetualHeaven

Perpalicious's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Referrals - Gold   x360a Book Club   5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   Achievement Guide - Gold   A+ Thread Award   Word of Mouth   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Forgot about the word "troll." Generally, people don't like a person who differs in opinion. Emotions cloud a person's judgment and generally creates a clouded and unreliable argument.

I've been off the forums for quite sometime, so I don't know who's who these days.

Relating to the topic at hand, I usually base my interpretation on someone's likes (and dislikes) and avatar. For example, this person who is obsessed with Japanese anime, oriental culture, has a tag and various internet names that is oriental, and so forth, had me picturing an individual who was oriental. Not only that, his Xbox avatar has an oriental person dressed in oriental clothing. Low and behold, just a white kid from New York. Kind of reminds of a man saying he's trapped in a woman's body.
__________________
56/63 Retails Completed
15/17 Arcades Completed
GS Completion %: 97.76
Achievement Completion %: 97.04
Gamerscore: 68,482

"Don't hate, perpetuate!"
PerpetualHeaven is offline  
Old 09-22-2010, 08:26 PM   #108
BarbaricGoose
 
BarbaricGoose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: In a van, down by the river
Posts: 1,519

Richard Bastion's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitansWar View Post
We condition 'feelings' which results is us damaging the gene pool by breeding with/saving the life of weak gened humans. We condition 'morals' which stop us from invading other countries to advance them.
I hope you realize what you're saying. A world without morals would be horrid. It would be the dark ages all over again, only worse. If we didn't have morals or feelings, we'd be too busy raping and murdering each other to get anything accomplished. Without laws in place, who in their right, unfeeling, immoralized mind would want to work? No one. Not a single person. If morals and feelings disappeared tomorrow, the only thing people would be doing is eating, sleeping, and screwing. You actually think scientists would keep being scientists if the world lost all morality, feeling, and the laws were just thrown out? Think again.

And why would we bother invading anybody? Why do you invade a country? To gain fame? You have no feelings, so who cares. To get access to it's resources? You can just rob and murder someone; no need. To liberate it? We have no morals, so they can fend for themselves. Fuck 'em, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitansWar View Post
the true cause of the rise of cancer is the fact that people with cancer breed. the point remains we will always be very susceptible to genetic diseases as we breed for 'love', not advancement.
I hope you're not saying that people who've had cancer shouldn't breed. If you are saying that, you're an asshole!

And you are god damn right we breed for love. If I had to choose between a woman with perfect genes, whom I hated, and a woman with horrible genes, whom I loved, I would breed with the woman I loved. No contest. If we ever stop doing that in my lifetime, I will kill myself. I wouldn't even think twice, I would be done with this world. If this little utopian society of yours actually took hold, the human race would be fucked. Put simply, we would be be a bunch of cavemen. Instead of caves, we'd have apartments, and instead of sticks & stones, we'd use guns. Future cavemen, if you will.
__________________
YouTube(Now HD!) ll TrueAchievements ll Last.FM
Sig courtesy of Snowman! Excellent work.


BarbaricGoose is offline  
Old 09-22-2010, 09:18 PM   #109
TitansWar
Banned User
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 420

TitansWar's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarbaricGoose View Post
I hope you realize what you're saying. A world without morals would be horrid. It would be the dark ages all over again, only worse. If we didn't have morals or feelings, we'd be too busy raping and murdering each other to get anything accomplished. Without laws in place, who in their right, unfeeling, immoralized mind would want to work? No one. Not a single person. If morals and feelings disappeared tomorrow, the only thing people would be doing is eating, sleeping, and screwing. You actually think scientists would keep being scientists if the world lost all morality, feeling, and the laws were just thrown out? Think again.

And why would we bother invading anybody? Why do you invade a country? To gain fame? You have no feelings, so who cares. To get access to it's resources? You can just rob and murder someone; no need. To liberate it? We have no morals, so they can fend for themselves. Fuck 'em, right?



I hope you're not saying that people who've had cancer shouldn't breed. If you are saying that, you're an asshole!

And you are god damn right we breed for love. If I had to choose between a woman with perfect genes, whom I hated, and a woman with horrible genes, whom I loved, I would breed with the woman I loved. No contest. If we ever stop doing that in my lifetime, I will kill myself. I wouldn't even think twice, I would be done with this world. If this little utopian society of yours actually took hold, the human race would be fucked. Put simply, we would be be a bunch of cavemen. Instead of caves, we'd have apartments, and instead of sticks & stones, we'd use guns. Future cavemen, if you will.
Oh shit, there goes the neighbourhood, and by neighbourhood I do of course mean intelligent discussion.

Everything you just said has already been addressed. Unfortunately you don't seem to have the broad understanding that PerpetualHeaven had, therefore I refuse to engage you.
TitansWar is offline  
Old 09-22-2010, 10:16 PM   #110
Brutalsleeper
 
Brutalsleeper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Coventry Uk
Posts: 534

Brutalsleeper's Gamercard
I think it's best to stop the pointless arguments before a mod stops them for you.
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by View Post
But the dig site is on the other side of the city!.
Follow me on Twitter
Brutalsleeper is offline  
Old 09-23-2010, 03:00 AM   #111
Burning Karma
 
Burning Karma's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Southwest Virginia
Posts: 3,637
Send a message via MSN to Burning Karma

Burning Karma's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   Over Achiever - Bronze   2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PerpetualHeaven View Post
I see you used the word "seem." So, if someone uses bad spelling and grammar it doesn't necessarily make them unintelligent. So why follow through with the prejudice if it is unfounded and unreliable?
It doesn't necessairly make you less intelligent, but it certainly doesn't help your cause. And on forums, the written word is the primary form of communication. If you cannot communicate well, I'm not even going to attempt to read what you're saying. Arrogant perhaps, but that's the way it works. Why else have a sticky on this very forum talking about site grammar?
__________________
Twitter | Last.fm | PSN

"Lived, lives, will live."
"Died, dies, will die."
Burning Karma is offline  
Old 09-23-2010, 03:18 AM   #112
TVthePunisher
I'm hungry...FOR DAT ASS!
 
TVthePunisher's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Sirrent Hirrrr =X We arr rive in Sirent Hirrrr!
Posts: 3,716
Send a message via AIM to TVthePunisher Send a message via MSN to TVthePunisher Send a message via Yahoo to TVthePunisher

TVthePunisher's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Subscriber - Bronze   Genre Competition - Second Place   Arcade Crazy - Silver   Donator - Level 1   2,500 Posts   Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
I've never seen someone with more of a God complex on these forums...I wasn't going to say anything, but the more I read his posts...the more he comes off as a noble amongst peasants (at least, that's what he thinks he is). Granted: I don't like a majority of people on this planet either, but at least I have the common courtesy to let them continue their ignorance elsewhere. I don't pride myself off of trying to prove I'm better than them...because, then in all reality, I would be worse. Do THEY care about being godlike in comparison to me? Probably not, if they have any opinions they're probably drull and without a doubt useless...yet I'll ignore them and let them be on their marry way. But most just don't give a damn, so it all works out in the end.

I fail to see what "humour" there is to get from your posts. If being a egotistical asshole counts as "hah-hah" funny, I missed the part where you were entertaining. I think the reason everyone labels you as a troll is rooted from your personality: you treat everyone except those that agree with you as inferior and thus you are nothing more than a fanboy of superiority. If you had done this with any subject, like disputing a game character or something, you'd act the same way...this is just your fanboyism for conservatism pushing everyone who disagrees with you into a pot that says "ignore".

Strange though...I feel like you now, wasting my time typing a message to someone that should be ignored. Of course it could matter less to you, you've chosen a life where you play the asshole and the few supporters are "worthy of being in your presence" while the rest of us have to wallow around in the shit just to get a fresh breathe of air. I've chosen a life where I'd rather be friendly than negative, so this is a rare occassion where I'd actually insult (sorry, these words are probably bouncing off your ego) someone to try and get a point across. If you like, I could use the stereotype of an idot and say UR MOM (which might as well be the "summed up" version you pick out, having ignored most of the message and choosing that as your basis for a quote).
__________________
Now Playing: Assassin's Creed III (Xbox 360), Splinter Cell HD (PS3)
Now Watching: Hannibal (Season 2), The Following (Season 2), Arrow (Season 1)



TVthePunisher is offline  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 02:10 AM.